[script] Improved Kha'ak 1.1: Updated June 10, 2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How do you rate this script?

Unnecessarily evil...I fear the fear.
7%
An optional evil...only for the brave.
11%
A necessary evil...the universe should be dangerous.
40%
I now know fear...and want it from other races!
18%
Nothing to say...just want to see the poll results.
23%

Total votes: 193

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Thu, 19. Jun 08, 18:17

Okay, just gotta say this-

my booze wonderplex (also my temporary headquarters sector, before I set up a PHQ in Bala Gi's Joy) is in Olmancketslat's Treaty. Very nice, out of the way of police so I can be as illegal as I want. All was well and good until a couple of Khaak wandered into Brennan's Triumph to the south. No matter, I said, and jumped in with my wingmen to go squash them. However, this threat continued to mount... and mount... and mount... until a carrier and destroyer decided to grace the system with their presence. "Oh dear," I said, as my firepower was not sufficient to deal with such enemies. So I let them be (for now) and retreated to Olmancketslat's Treaty. My freighters don't generally go through Brennan's anyway, so it wasn't a terribly big problem.

A few game days later, I wonder why my CAG's stationed at my booze wonderplex are on constant standby. So I go and personally investigate Olmancketslat's, to find nothing in the way of enemies... until a Khaak Interceptor jumps through from the north gate. This has me a bit worried and as I dispatch him, three more come through the same gate. I have my wingmen set to "smoke anything red that you see" and pop my head through the north gate to take a look.

Bala Gi's Joy has FIFTEEN KHAAK DESTROYERS IN IT. :o <----my face as my shields start to drop. I very quickly do a 180 and head back through the gate, with a good twenty or so interceptors and fighters following me through.

I was able to save my own hide and those of my wingmen, but I imagine the attacks will continue to mount on Olmancketslat's. And being in pirate space means no help will be coming. Cut off from both directions, no ships able to come in or out. I'm royally screwed.

I love it. :twisted:

EDIT

Oh, forgot to mention- nobody in the Treaty has any energy cells on them, including myself and the wonderplex. So no jumping for me! Yaaaaay! :D
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Fri, 20. Jun 08, 00:36

Tenlar Scarflame wrote:Okay, just gotta say this-

my booze wonderplex (also my temporary headquarters sector, before I set up a PHQ in Bala Gi's Joy) is in Olmancketslat's Treaty. Very nice, out of the way of police so I can be as illegal as I want. All was well and good until a couple of Khaak wandered into Brennan's Triumph to the south. No matter, I said, and jumped in with my wingmen to go squash them. However, this threat continued to mount... and mount... and mount... until a carrier and destroyer decided to grace the system with their presence. "Oh dear," I said, as my firepower was not sufficient to deal with such enemies. So I let them be (for now) and retreated to Olmancketslat's Treaty. My freighters don't generally go through Brennan's anyway, so it wasn't a terribly big problem.

A few game days later, I wonder why my CAG's stationed at my booze wonderplex are on constant standby. So I go and personally investigate Olmancketslat's, to find nothing in the way of enemies... until a Khaak Interceptor jumps through from the north gate. This has me a bit worried and as I dispatch him, three more come through the same gate. I have my wingmen set to "smoke anything red that you see" and pop my head through the north gate to take a look.

Bala Gi's Joy has FIFTEEN KHAAK DESTROYERS IN IT. :o <----my face as my shields start to drop. I very quickly do a 180 and head back through the gate, with a good twenty or so interceptors and fighters following me through.

I was able to save my own hide and those of my wingmen, but I imagine the attacks will continue to mount on Olmancketslat's. And being in pirate space means no help will be coming. Cut off from both directions, no ships able to come in or out. I'm royally screwed.

I love it. :twisted:

EDIT

Oh, forgot to mention- nobody in the Treaty has any energy cells on them, including myself and the wonderplex. So no jumping for me! Yaaaaay! :D

hjahahaha, sounds impossible! good it is not real.. anyways, you can pray some race response fleets may open a hole in the blockade.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Fri, 20. Jun 08, 04:34

I just tried for the last few hours to break the blockade.

It didn't work very well. At all.

Looks like I'm either reloading from an autosave, or calling this one quits... :roll:
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Fri, 20. Jun 08, 04:59

Victory again! :khaak: -> :fg:

:P

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 22. Jun 08, 00:55

7ate,

I know I may be asking too much but Ill try just in case you or anyone has noticed something similar:

First Of all in this game Im running New Horizons mod along with this scripts:

Autotrader Sector Lock :: halo :: Yes :: 1.0 :: 30/05/2007
BBS Extras :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.61 :: 04/12/2006
Improved Kha'ak :: Fallen :: Yes :: 1.1 :: 10/06/2008
Improved Xenon :: Fallen :: Yes :: 0.9 :: 29/05/2008
MARS :: Gazz :: Yes :: 1.45 :: 07/06/2008
MK3 Improvments :: gnasirator :: Yes :: 1.29.8 ::
PiloteIA III :: Azz :: Yes :: 3.56 :: 17/08/2007
Weapon Switcher Fix :: Dr Xavia :: Yes :: X3.0.1 :: 22/08/2006

Is there any incompatibility with Improved Khaak with any of this scripts or Improved Xenon?

When I activate Improved Khaa'k I get sudden hicups in the game and when for example I set the ship on autopilot to do something and I seta sometimes it stops until I turn seta off, same with some npc ships, its like if they can proceed with current command.

For example they end up with the command Follow (my ship) and in the Action you see "none", and the game ends up being unplayable.

Did a fresh install with those scripts and later installed NH.

Did it twice with a previous install in which I had another mod so I did a fresh one to check... but still the same thing..

Why I ask? because the moment I disabled the Improved Khaa'k the problem stopped ocurring.

Not saying it is this script, but.. maybe there are incompatibilities or anything.

"difficulty I have set: Hard", both for Xenon and Khaa'k.

----

I disabled PilotIA and reenabled improved Khaakit seems I dont have further problems even though I sometimes have tiny hicups.

Incompatibility with PilotIA maybe?

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 24. Jun 08, 17:00

Also I noticed some kind of bounties for killing ships in conquered sectors and taking the whole sector to the previous owning race should be added right away for the script to be 110% perfect.

And also a little bug or problem, even though I disabled P2P jumping the Khaak scouts keep jumping to me, that behaviour is in vanilla Khaa'k ships too so I dont know if that can be disabled even though in the AI menu I disabled all types of P2P jumping

kotekzot

Post by kotekzot » Tue, 24. Jun 08, 18:13

i believe vanilla scouts in kha'ak sectors are spawned on top of you, not jumping to you.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 24. Jun 08, 20:22

kotekzot wrote:i believe vanilla scouts in kha'ak sectors are spawned on top of you, not jumping to you.
yeap, sorry, that's it.

Kind of sucks :P

Each spawned wave increases difficulty, the third one can kill you in a m3.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Responses and a couple questions!

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Fri, 27. Jun 08, 04:29

My apologies for not responding, been in Taiwan for a week :D. I have a couple questions at the end I would appreciate and answer to if your not interested in the responses :) .

There very well could be a compatibility issue with PiloteAI since both scripts use SIGNAL_KILLED and SIGNAL_ATTACKED. It may work if you enable IK after PilotAI has completely initialized so the global signals from IK take priority, but that is the only thing I can think of.

Yes the X3 engine itself puts scouts on you in Kha'ak sectors, nothing my script does or can control. It makes it rather impossible to retake a Kha'ak sector in anything smaller than a capship.

I've looked into adding the rewards for retaking a sector, but it would end up being a reward for destroying the Kha'ak station instead. There is no feasible way to track all the kills in a sector for a bounty without incurring too much of a script overhead. The problem with making is station-based is that it is kinda easy to exploit, you just jump in and wipe the station, jump out to let them re-build, etc. I guess I could put in another watcher that only triggers when there are no more Kha'ak in the sector, but the overhead from managing the hundreds of Kha'ak ships is already kinda heavy as you all have probably noticed in seta.

I will try to look into it this weekend, but I will be in Tokyo (and climbing Mt. Fuji :D ) next week so you prolly won't hear from me for another week or two :shock:

I wish the poll was changeable, but since it is not I do have a couple questions for everyone. Please reply to this thread or PM me with answers if you don't want others to know:

Anyone seen/enjoy the new suicidal scout ability of fragmenting into missiles? :twisted:

Most importantly, what is your options setup in IK?

Thank you very much for your answers :)

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Fri, 27. Jun 08, 04:55

ezra-r wrote: When I activate Improved Khaa'k I get sudden hicups in the game...
My game's been having similar difficulties with running the Improved Xenon and Kha'ak scripts. They seem to take up a good deal of CPU.

I just disable the Kha'ak plugin and left the Improved Xenon active. That solved ships from randomly cutting their engines on SETA.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Fri, 27. Jun 08, 16:16

in my setup I have P2P disabled since most of sectors taken by the khaak are guarded by 5-6 Destroyers and I want to have a chance against them with tactics.

I also disabled suicidal scouts but Iill give it a try to see if its balanced for my style of game.

Also, about bounties.. I was thinking of installing LV improved payout for kills for that and set it to normal payout so I get the usual payout but I also get payout killing ships in enemy sectors, that way you woudnt have to worry about payouts in your script.

Firgof Umbra
x3tc

Configuration?

Post by Firgof Umbra » Fri, 27. Jun 08, 21:08

I assume that, when installed, the Improved Kha'ak script gives you a message which allows you to set the difficulty levels described in the original post?

If so then I am not being sent that message. If it matters I am currently starting up a new game on Broke Assassin and have the following mods and scripts installed:

XTM 0.7a [mod]
Improved Kha'ak (1.1)
Improved Xenon (0.95)
Race Response Fleets Final (1.7a)
Yaki Armada (1.09)

Also, I do not see any new entries in the AL Plugins; leading me to believe that, despite using the SPK to install these scripts, something is causing them to function improperly.

Would anyone have any advice?

(Also of potential relevance: I similarly do not get any options or messages with Race Response Fleets; I may install Xenon Migration to see if it will send me any messages. Strangely, though, the Extended Communications AL Plugin is showing up and working properly.)

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Fri, 27. Jun 08, 22:48

Holy crab-apple Pies!

...it's teh only thing I can think of....
(aka. it's superbulously [if that's no a word, it should be] awesome!)

ezra-r
x4

Re: Configuration?

Post by ezra-r » Fri, 27. Jun 08, 23:21

Firgof Umbra wrote:I assume that, when installed, the Improved Kha'ak script gives you a message which allows you to set the difficulty levels described in the original post?

If so then I am not being sent that message. If it matters I am currently starting up a new game on Broke Assassin and have the following mods and scripts installed:

XTM 0.7a [mod]
Improved Kha'ak (1.1)
Improved Xenon (0.95)
Race Response Fleets Final (1.7a)
Yaki Armada (1.09)

Also, I do not see any new entries in the AL Plugins; leading me to believe that, despite using the SPK to install these scripts, something is causing them to function improperly.

Would anyone have any advice?

(Also of potential relevance: I similarly do not get any options or messages with Race Response Fleets; I may install Xenon Migration to see if it will send me any messages. Strangely, though, the Extended Communications AL Plugin is showing up and working properly.)
All the options you need to configure this script are in the AI Menu Options.

Firgof Umbra
x3tc

Post by Firgof Umbra » Sat, 28. Jun 08, 01:59

Reinstalled the game fresh, nothing other than the EMP and Improved Kha'ak.

No listings in the Plugins.

And where's this AI configuration you're speaking of? The AL Plugin ("Artificial Life") configuration menu is the only one which I presumed would be used.

I also checked my ship commands and extra commands just to be sure.

Do note: Not even a manual installation via the ZIP file, along with the activated SPK file, adds any functions to the Artificial Life settings menu.

Are we sure this is compatible with the latest patch? (It prompted me to overwrite -many- a file in the scripts directory with older-dated files)

Firgof Umbra
x3tc

Post by Firgof Umbra » Sat, 28. Jun 08, 04:54

Hey, I have the 2.5 patch applied, as opposed to 2.0.0.2.

Could this be the reason why the script isn't working? I figured that it supported the newest version as it was 'updated June 10'?

Edit: I manually initialized the IK plugin to force it to show up in the AL Plugins menu. However, several of the options fail to initialize when I attempt to enable them and immediately become 'Readtext'ed.

Yet I'm not missing any files as this would be the fourth time I have installed it and manually activated it. Other than the EMP, what in the world am I missing? O.o;
Last edited by Firgof Umbra on Sat, 28. Jun 08, 05:23, edited 1 time in total.

Firgof Umbra
x3tc

Bug Report

Post by Firgof Umbra » Sat, 28. Jun 08, 05:21

Alright, a thorough report.

Here's what I did, and the resulting effect:

- Started new game
- Attempted to open the Script Editor, wasn't available
- Went to main bar (esc) and selected Gameplay, then looked for AL settings (they weren't there, obviously)
- Renamed pilot to 'Thereshallbewings'
- Went to main bar and checked the AL settings, which had no plug-ins.
- Opened the Script Editor and ran the IK initialization/registration script.
- Checked the main bar/Gameplay/AL Settings and found new plugins registered.
- Turned on the Handler.Core:
"Installed" - Option became "ReadText 8972-1", remained ON.
- Attempted to turn on the Handler.Difficulty script:
Option became "ReadText 8972-062" and reset itself to OFF.
- Attempted to activate Handler.invasion:
"Not Available" - Option became "ReadText 8972-82", remained off.
- Moments later, Handler.invasion sent me a message to my log which read: ReadText 8972-302

There's my debugging log. I hope somebody can figure this out.

From the looks of it, the initializer is failing to execute and for some reason all of the plug-ins are not correctly registering, pointing to, the system as they turn into ReadText entries when changed. As the difficulty plug-in won't initialize I assume that the Core isn't reporting correctly or it cannot initialize until some other plug-in reports.

But that's just my non-programmer viewpoint. Has anyone had similar circumstances with this script?

In the meanwhile, I'm going to re-re-re-re-re-install the EMP; just to be extra extra extra extra extra sure that I installed it correctly.

Edit: Problem resolved. For some reason, the Plugin Manager cannot properly install a script when the script was opened on download on my system. It's a strange issue, but it works fine now.

Haven't seen any fruits yet, but I'm sure I will with it being set to Insane on both Improved Kha'ak and Improved Xenon.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sat, 28. Jun 08, 22:27

Is it possible Improved Khaak is incompatible with Improved Xenon in any way? or with New Horizons Mod in any way?

Im also getting the.. when SETA some ships stop and sometimes even mine when on autopilot.

Daishi13
x3tc

Post by Daishi13 » Thu, 17. Jul 08, 16:16

i have also "readtext" in the AL-menu and in the messages send to me.
im playing XTM and the EMP is already installed with XTM and i dont know what i have 2 do... i just want 2 have a more challenging game :evil:
Thanks and greeeetz Daishi
Selbst das beste Schwert ist nur so gut wie der der es führt...

Ohne Boronen hätten sich die Split wahrscheinlich schon lange selbst ausgelöscht.
Doch nun haben die Split unter der Herrschaft der ehrenwerten Familie Rhonkar zu den Fischstäbchen gegriffen...

***modified*** und stolz drauf!

nexus47
x3ap

Post by nexus47 » Wed, 6. Aug 08, 04:19

I am having trouble with this script, I have activated the core and increased difficulty to hard and have now been playing for sometime but the only secotr to fall to the Khaak is the one next to their Unknown enemy sector, Kao's Mistake I think it is, not sure.

When activating the mod in AL settings I can activate everything except invasion that tells me via PM its not available because the Khaak are hostile to me, tried starting new games but in every scenario the Khaak are always hostile...

Is this the script line that gets the Khaak to attack other sectors or is it redundant and if it is the one to run it why is it set so it can't be activated?

Any help would be appreciated.
Denton power distribution

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”