[script] Improved Kha'ak 1.1: Updated June 10, 2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How do you rate this script?

Unnecessarily evil...I fear the fear.
7%
An optional evil...only for the brave.
11%
A necessary evil...the universe should be dangerous.
40%
I now know fear...and want it from other races!
18%
Nothing to say...just want to see the poll results.
23%

Total votes: 193

StealthElement
x3tc

Post by StealthElement » Wed, 17. Sep 08, 21:25

A few additional issues. Your khaak stations appear to always spawn a few km from the west gate in the systems I've seen them in, I'd imagine that they always spawn by a gate. This allows me to ninja kill them in an M3, because the AI fighters are terrified of coming near gates. If the station were more central I'd need a cap ship or a small army of M3s.

Also I destroyed the station and then it was back to an Argon Sector, however when mopping up the fighters I received no bounties or standing boost.

No serious criticism here, just thought it might help.
All of this has happened before, all of this will happen again

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Thu, 18. Sep 08, 05:40

Yea, um, I seem to be having an issue also. lol.

Whenever I attack a race like, the Teladi, Split, or Argon, for some reason they revert back to the 'Blue' Color indicating friendly, instead of the 'Red' Color indicating enemy. And its a real pain in the ass trying to differentiate between Kha'ak, and one of the other races.

Do you have any idea why its doing this? It also randomly goes from, foe to Friendly in the Personal and Global settings. :?

Weird and annoying bug.

BTW! Any reason why I can't use this mod with the Anonomous argon start? Haven't tested it with another custom start except the Kha'ak start.

Am I doing something wrond or is this how its supposed to be?

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Sat, 20. Sep 08, 06:55

Wait a Minute, I has an idea. :D

I'll make the Kha'ak hostile towards me, then use a few scripts to get all the other races at good relations towards me!

Yay! I am now fighting the Kha'ak.
Except for the bug where all the Weapons are classified as Readtext and I can't kit anything out...

SecondAcc
x3tc

Post by SecondAcc » Tue, 28. Apr 09, 18:40

As this is a very good script and I had to look for it for ages, I thought uploading it somewhere else might be a good idea.

Improved Khaak 1.1 SPK - Rapidshare

I re-uploaded Improved Xenon as well...

AlCap00n

Post by AlCap00n » Tue, 5. May 09, 02:34

This mod... ROCKS!

I love you man!!!
I rock!

D!S7RUG@7OR

Post by D!S7RUG@7OR » Wed, 13. May 09, 16:39

does anyone that have the files to upload them again? neither the improved kha'ak or xenon doesnt work to download and i would like to try them again.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 20. May 09, 07:19

I will have to dig this out of my old computer and put it up again, sorry about letting it go down but i stopped playing X and making scritps.

Should I pick up the new addon and start playing/scripting again?

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Sat, 23. May 09, 02:46

Yes please :)

this was the most surprising 'fun moment' I think I've had with X3.

(actually it was more than a moment)

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Sat, 23. May 09, 05:09

Good news: The TC version is in the works.
Bad news: It will take a couple weeks.
Ugly news: It will be in beta again.

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Sat, 27. Jun 09, 21:19

OOo I love Your Improved Xenon Script!! LOVE IT!.... And now I found out about the improved Khaak...bloody hell I must be slow...
boy am i gonna have fun tonite.. I have XTM, Xenon Migration, Improved Xenon + Khaak and countless downloaded ships....

One lil request... I dont suppost since you have said you could be coming back into modding scripts again...I dont suppose you could create a Improved Terran Script? It ofcourse would be mainly for XTM as it has the most terran Sectors I know in any mod. You could make Sector Take Over Optional and stuff. The Terrans in XTM are hostle to all Non Argon-Terran ships tho After some time, I have seen Terran Ships attack Argon forces.. The Core terran Sectors (Sol System) is pretty empty when it should have say quite alot of fighter Squads to defend Earth. But only about 3 capital Ships and 5 or 6 Customs type ships fying about... You could improve it like you did with Khaak and the Xenon. What do you think? id be happy to test it out!

Cheers. Zombie.
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 08:12

Sadly I have moved on to x3tc so my x3r scripts will not be getting more attention. If anyone wants to they can shift the Xenon to terrans quite easily I think...though I think it would be an order of magnitude more dangerous :roll:

lincs_geezer
x2

Post by lincs_geezer » Mon, 29. Jun 09, 14:22

I just had to stop off and post a thankyou for this excellent piece of work, it has made a great game into one of the best games I've played.

The playability is almost infinite now.

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 00:14

Ah.. is it just a matter of changing all the Scripts race from Xenon to Terran? Or do you have to sift through all the scripts and change the types of Ships too? E.g change the Xenon station they place in each conqoured Sector to the Terran trading Station used in XTM or what type of Ship is used in invading and patrolling Occiupied Sectors?

Just I dont really want to see a Terran J or K patrol Sectors, more like See a Odin or Valhalla out and about telling the Universe Whs the baddest.

I have already made a few changes to a version of your scripts but am alil afraid if they mite overite the current Scripts... Just need more advice if I am doing the right thing and save me from Srewing up me game and taking a walk down have-to-un-install-and-re-enstall-the-Game avenue.

Thanks and hope to hear from ya REAL soon.
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 00:39

Yes, you just need to change all races from Xenon to Terran and set the proper station type for sector takeover. The script plugin.ix.ship.catalog will then catalog just the terran ships for building. You may also want to change the text file to a different number and alter the texts to be improved Terrans (unless you just want the xenon options to affect both).

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 01:32

How do you set the proper Station type(Meaning whitch of the Scripts is it located) and where do I find the number to change the text file? Sorry, not normally this brain dead...

*Ah is it the folder marked "T" with the file 448793 ? what do you sergest I change it too? I am editing it using Notepad to do the changes....unless I have to do it Ingame?
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 03:12

It will require changes in most every plugin.ix.* file. Also, if you want to keep using improved xenon you will need to make copies of all the plugin.ix.*, setup.ix, and al.plugin.ix files and rename them (change ix to it or something). After renaming them you will need to make change the script calls so the files do not point to the old ix files (This must be done in game or via the external script editor).

As for the text file, I think that is right one, just copy it to an empty number like 448795 and change the load text id in the setup file and the read text ids in the other ix files where found.

I know, kinda complicated :shock:

But, I do not have access to x3r only x3tc so if I edit it in tc it is not guarenteed to work and I could not test it anyways.

For testing, almost every file will have a commented out line at the top that says $debug=[TRUE] if you uncomment it with , it will output loads of messages to help you find errors.

Good luck!

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 03:18

Thanks, this is the first time I undertook a script this big...All I found out on the scripts is to create planets and add them to the sectors to make it more stunning backgrounds plus add a more politically correct things like a Ringed planet to the Paranid Sector Priest Rings...boy this is sure going to take some time... but worth it. Ill make the changes now and try and follow your instructions to the letter.

*I made the changes from ix to it and the 448795...just a few more steps...done the chage to the setup and now I shall attempt to make the final changes in the Ix or now known as it files....
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 03:50

I have done all the things that you told me to but still need to find do this like you said:

"change the read text ids in the other ix files where found"

Where abouts is the read text found e.g in the plugin.it.al.handler.missiles file? --->

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="x2script.xsl" type="text/xsl" ?>
<script>
<name>plugin.ix.al.handler.missiles</name>
<version>1</version>
<engineversion>33</engineversion>
<description>Improved Terran AL Missile Handler (4)</description>
<arguments>
<argument index="1" name="al.PluginID" type="Var/String" desc="Al Plugin ID" />
<argument index="2" name="al.Event" type="Var/String" desc="AL Event" />
</arguments>
<sourcetext>
<line linenr="001" interruptable="@" indent=""><var>$ret = </var><var>[THIS] -&gt;</var><text> call script </text><call>plugin.ap.lib.al.handler.toggler</call><text> : </text><text> Al Plugin ID=</text><var>$al.PluginID</var><text> </text><text> AL Event=</text><var>$al.Event</var><text> </text><text> Global variable for cross-access=</text><var>'plugin.ix.global'</var><text> </text><text> Module Number (0 is core)=</text><var>4</var><text> </text><text> text file=</text><var>8973</var><text> </text><text> On entry, off is expected next=</text><var>40</var></line>
<line linenr="002" indent=""><text>return </text><var>$ret</var></line>
</sourcetext>
<codearray>
<sval type="array" size="10"><sval type="string" val="plugin.ix.al.handler.missiles" /><sval type="int" val="33" /><sval type="string" val="Improved Terran AL Missile Handler (4)" /><sval type="int" val="1" /><sval type="int" val="0" /><sval type="array" size="3"><sval type="string" val="al.PluginID" /><sval type="string" val="al.Event" /><sval type="string" val="ret" /></sval><sval type="array" size="2"><sval type="array" size="18"><sval type="int" val="102" /><sval type="string" val="plugin.ap.lib.al.handler.toggler" /><sval type="int" val="2" /><sval type="int" val="131075" /><sval type="int" val="1" /><sval type="int" val="6" /><sval type="int" val="131074" /><sval type="int" val="0" /><sval type="int" val="131074" /><sval type="int" val="1" /><sval type="int" val="5" /><sval type="string" val="plugin.ix.global" /><sval type="int" val="4" /><sval type="int" val="4" /><sval type="int" val="4" /><sval type="int" val="8973" /><sval type="int" val="4" /><sval type="int" val="40" /></sval><sval type="array" size="3"><sval type="int" val="103" /><sval type="int" val="131074" /><sval type="int" val="2" /></sval></sval><sval type="array" size="2"><sval type="array" size="2"><sval type="int" val="11" /><sval type="string" val="Al Plugin ID" /></sval><sval type="array" size="2"><sval type="int" val="11" /><sval type="string" val="AL Event" /></sval></sval><sval type="int" val="0" /><sval type="int" val="0" /></sval>
</codearray>
</script>

(Sorry for the amount of words and stuff...just need to clarify this.)
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 04:07

yes, change 8973 to 8975 or whatever your new text file is. You will also need to change the global variable name 'plugin.ix.global' to 'plugin.it.global' whenever you run into it (Basically if you see an ix somewhere change it to it).

Any script calls to the plugin.ap.* can remain as they are, those are my shared libraries and they will work everywhere. This particular call handles all the al garbage behind a simple toggle switch. Lazy programming at its best :lol:

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 04:30

I have followed everything to the letter and installed teh scripts in but two probs.... 1. The options for enabling The Scripts is not showing and I cannot find any more 88795 in the Scripts... help?
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”