[script] Improved Kha'ak 1.1: Updated June 10, 2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How do you rate this script?

Unnecessarily evil...I fear the fear.
7%
An optional evil...only for the brave.
11%
A necessary evil...the universe should be dangerous.
40%
I now know fear...and want it from other races!
18%
Nothing to say...just want to see the poll results.
23%

Total votes: 193

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 03:12

It will require changes in most every plugin.ix.* file. Also, if you want to keep using improved xenon you will need to make copies of all the plugin.ix.*, setup.ix, and al.plugin.ix files and rename them (change ix to it or something). After renaming them you will need to make change the script calls so the files do not point to the old ix files (This must be done in game or via the external script editor).

As for the text file, I think that is right one, just copy it to an empty number like 448795 and change the load text id in the setup file and the read text ids in the other ix files where found.

I know, kinda complicated :shock:

But, I do not have access to x3r only x3tc so if I edit it in tc it is not guarenteed to work and I could not test it anyways.

For testing, almost every file will have a commented out line at the top that says $debug=[TRUE] if you uncomment it with , it will output loads of messages to help you find errors.

Good luck!

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 03:18

Thanks, this is the first time I undertook a script this big...All I found out on the scripts is to create planets and add them to the sectors to make it more stunning backgrounds plus add a more politically correct things like a Ringed planet to the Paranid Sector Priest Rings...boy this is sure going to take some time... but worth it. Ill make the changes now and try and follow your instructions to the letter.

*I made the changes from ix to it and the 448795...just a few more steps...done the chage to the setup and now I shall attempt to make the final changes in the Ix or now known as it files....
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 03:50

I have done all the things that you told me to but still need to find do this like you said:

"change the read text ids in the other ix files where found"

Where abouts is the read text found e.g in the plugin.it.al.handler.missiles file? --->

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="x2script.xsl" type="text/xsl" ?>
<script>
<name>plugin.ix.al.handler.missiles</name>
<version>1</version>
<engineversion>33</engineversion>
<description>Improved Terran AL Missile Handler (4)</description>
<arguments>
<argument index="1" name="al.PluginID" type="Var/String" desc="Al Plugin ID" />
<argument index="2" name="al.Event" type="Var/String" desc="AL Event" />
</arguments>
<sourcetext>
<line linenr="001" interruptable="@" indent=""><var>$ret = </var><var>[THIS] -&gt;</var><text> call script </text><call>plugin.ap.lib.al.handler.toggler</call><text> : </text><text> Al Plugin ID=</text><var>$al.PluginID</var><text> </text><text> AL Event=</text><var>$al.Event</var><text> </text><text> Global variable for cross-access=</text><var>'plugin.ix.global'</var><text> </text><text> Module Number (0 is core)=</text><var>4</var><text> </text><text> text file=</text><var>8973</var><text> </text><text> On entry, off is expected next=</text><var>40</var></line>
<line linenr="002" indent=""><text>return </text><var>$ret</var></line>
</sourcetext>
<codearray>
<sval type="array" size="10"><sval type="string" val="plugin.ix.al.handler.missiles" /><sval type="int" val="33" /><sval type="string" val="Improved Terran AL Missile Handler (4)" /><sval type="int" val="1" /><sval type="int" val="0" /><sval type="array" size="3"><sval type="string" val="al.PluginID" /><sval type="string" val="al.Event" /><sval type="string" val="ret" /></sval><sval type="array" size="2"><sval type="array" size="18"><sval type="int" val="102" /><sval type="string" val="plugin.ap.lib.al.handler.toggler" /><sval type="int" val="2" /><sval type="int" val="131075" /><sval type="int" val="1" /><sval type="int" val="6" /><sval type="int" val="131074" /><sval type="int" val="0" /><sval type="int" val="131074" /><sval type="int" val="1" /><sval type="int" val="5" /><sval type="string" val="plugin.ix.global" /><sval type="int" val="4" /><sval type="int" val="4" /><sval type="int" val="4" /><sval type="int" val="8973" /><sval type="int" val="4" /><sval type="int" val="40" /></sval><sval type="array" size="3"><sval type="int" val="103" /><sval type="int" val="131074" /><sval type="int" val="2" /></sval></sval><sval type="array" size="2"><sval type="array" size="2"><sval type="int" val="11" /><sval type="string" val="Al Plugin ID" /></sval><sval type="array" size="2"><sval type="int" val="11" /><sval type="string" val="AL Event" /></sval></sval><sval type="int" val="0" /><sval type="int" val="0" /></sval>
</codearray>
</script>

(Sorry for the amount of words and stuff...just need to clarify this.)
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 04:07

yes, change 8973 to 8975 or whatever your new text file is. You will also need to change the global variable name 'plugin.ix.global' to 'plugin.it.global' whenever you run into it (Basically if you see an ix somewhere change it to it).

Any script calls to the plugin.ap.* can remain as they are, those are my shared libraries and they will work everywhere. This particular call handles all the al garbage behind a simple toggle switch. Lazy programming at its best :lol:

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 04:30

I have followed everything to the letter and installed teh scripts in but two probs.... 1. The options for enabling The Scripts is not showing and I cannot find any more 88795 in the Scripts... help?
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 04:47

hmmm...is your al.plugin.it registering your it files or your ix files?

Also, I do not use the initial 8 in my scripts, just the 4 digit identifier. So you would be looking for 8973 to change it to your number (8975?). The one you may have missed that is really important is in plugin.ix.al.handler.core near the beginning, the $page variable.

Lastly, just doing a search/replace in notepad will take care of most things, but changing Xenon to Terran requires a bit more work. You will either have to do it in the script editor or find the actual values for Xenon (131074?) and Terran so the code array is correct.

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 05:24

Right..i noticed that I didnt change the ix to it in the scripts themselfs...but they are still not appearing in the options and I think they are still overwriting the Improved Xenon.

here is a link of the latest version I have done and all what you have told me is done to the best of my ability of following your instructions. it contains the t and script files plus the X Plugin if you needed that also...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ana1jandoqy
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 05:47

Yes, it would be overwriting.

From a quick glance there are 4 things left to do (I have to head out to the beach in a few):

1. Change all script and al calls to plugin.ix.* to you new plugin.it.* files.
- This can probably be done with a search/replace in the files, just make sure you change the code array references too
2. Change any references of 'plugin.ix.global' to 'plugin.it.global'
- This to is a search replace candidate
3. Change any references of 8973 to 8975
- I think this one can be search replaced as well
4. Change any references of 'Xenon' to 'Terran' (For example, right now takeover.make.station creates a Xenon Terran station :D )
- Have to do this through the x3 script editor or figure out what numbers they are in the code array

I should be responding again in a few hours, off to the ocean 8)

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Wed, 1. Jul 09, 05:51

Rite-o and enjoy the Ocean! Hopfully I shall get this mess sorted out.

P>S if anyone else would like to help feel free cos I REALLY would like a Improved Terran mod up and runing...Im using 7ate9tin11s Improved Xenon as a template, just changing the Xenon Script to Terran...tho it be more Complicated than I realized.... Thanks again.
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 11:52

and now to tempt you to upgrade to x3tc:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=252509

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Sun, 5. Jul 09, 05:45

Ah Already tempted...so you copleted your mission before you already began it! Thanks!
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

Pirate hater
x2

Post by Pirate hater » Sun, 1. Nov 09, 12:27

A bug with the Khaak start is that the Core sectors are hostile.....

This has caused issues for the Khaak invader start. When they jump a group from a home sector, they proceed to kill me.

I have turned off revenge and deactivated the Khaak core but still seem to be running into this issue.

Any help? Is there any scripts to turn the khaak sectors friendly?

One other thing, if I jump out in time and leave them to clear the sector. When the sector is clears the Khaak ships are no longer hostile. :evil:

Cerber_963

Post by Cerber_963 » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 15:31

Hi, I have two problems with it:
1. In BBS I have Readtext 8972-204 but when I open this file there isn't any 204 line. What's going on? :?
2. When kha'ak teake sector I can't lock on it on universe map.
I've got version 1.1

Mazryonh
x3tc

Post by Mazryonh » Mon, 5. Jul 10, 23:20

Hi, is there a way to install this mod without the Kha'ak takeover of sectors? I don't want the whole universe to fall, even with Race Response Fleets installed. Also, is there a way to make this mod more newbie friendly, or should users hold off on installing this until they have a sizeable defence force before going up against the wrath of the Kha'ak?

Kanos0
x3

Post by Kanos0 » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 08:15

Hi.

Let me start off by congratulating you on how awesome this script is. This is truly a masterpiece. Keep up the good work!

But I have run into a slight problem. When I'm playing the Kha'ak start, and I have taken over the sector I start in, I run into an issue. All the Kha'ak ships turn red and start shooting!

I did stay in the sector for a while, so is it the overmind punishing me for not fulfilling my duties? Or is it just something else?

Thanks!
Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact.

-George Eliot

Kanos0
x3

Post by Kanos0 » Wed, 28. Jul 10, 15:58

Hi again.

I played it again today. I left the sector almost immediately after taking it, but when the kha'ak ships appeared in the next sector, they were red. And they were shooting at me.

Thanks again!
Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact.

-George Eliot

Centron
x3tc

Post by Centron » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 06:54

Can we please get an updated link and mirror for this and improved Xenon?

Trying to go back and play XTM, but a lot of these scripts have dead links...

Moonrat
x4

Post by Moonrat » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 08:43

[ external image ]
IEX Download Statistics - LUVi / XRMi ( 3115 / 5415 )
X4 Crexit 324 ; X4 Encounters 3193 (STEAM Unique/Current 6341/3412)

Centron
x3tc

Post by Centron » Tue, 6. Nov 12, 20:08

Moonrat, you rock. Thanks for letting me get my fix of old-school x3.

Cheers mate! :D

Akalay

Post by Akalay » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 18:00

I don't really know if it's this script, I run a few kha'ak boosters, but I just went into Ianamus Zura, and I'm greeted by 40 Alpha Swarm Kha'ak Mammoths. Guess I did something wrong?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”