Looking to Mod Hyperions to use as Sector/Universal traders.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Kris_Fox
x3

Looking to Mod Hyperions to use as Sector/Universal traders.

Post by Kris_Fox » Wed, 17. Aug 16, 04:19

Title says it all.

I did the Bala missions and am building Hyperions

I want to use them for a Universal Trader fleet since they can dock at any station despite being an M7

I've looked over this forum several times, this very mod has to be out there.

Thanks for any help guys.

Kris_Fox
x3

Post by Kris_Fox » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 00:18

Still trying to find this mod.

How bout this. I'll give $20 to whoever builds this mod.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 1. Oct 17, 17:20

This can easily be achieved by changing the Hyperion's ship class from M7 to TS.
  • Download and install the X3 Editor 2 by doubleshadow.
  • Set it up (The tutorial is for X3AP, but general advice is applicable to X3R, too.)
  • Select the TShips file from VFS and open it in the TFile Editor.
  • Select the Hyperion (should be the last Paranid ship).
  • Open the 'General' tab and change the ship class from M7 to TS, and the Subtype to something like SG_SH_TS. (In both cases you have to double click on the displayed class and select the new value from the dropdown menu.)
  • Now save the file to your X3 Reunion\types folder. (If you don't have one yet, simply create an empty folder and rename it.)
  • Exit the X3 Editor 2.
  • Start the game.
The change will only become active for newly created ships.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Thu, 12. Oct 17, 01:06

It's actually much easier to alter the trader script to work on an M7.

Activate the script editor. Open the script setup.plugin.autotrade, duplicate line 48 (cursor down to line 48 and hit "c" then "v"), cursor right to the M5 class hit enter, page down and hit enter on "select object class" then go down that list near the bottom and select M7. When done lines 48-50 should look like this:

Code: Select all

048   global script map: set: key=COMMAND_SIGNX3_TMK3_START_UT, class=M5, race=Player, script='plugin.autotrade.galaxy', prio=0
049   global script map: set: key=COMMAND_SIGNX3_TMK3_START_UT, class=M7, race=Player, script='plugin.autotrade.galaxy', prio=0
050   global script map: set: key=COMMAND_SIGNX3_TMK3_START_UT, class=TP, race=Player, script='plugin.autotrade.galaxy', prio=0
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

Kris_Fox
x3

Post by Kris_Fox » Fri, 20. Oct 17, 09:35

Hey guys thanks much. I'll give this a shot.

Kris_Fox
x3

Post by Kris_Fox » Sat, 21. Oct 17, 22:57

I have tried editing the trader script.

It doesn't seem to effect the Hyperion as an M7,

I have tried editing the script to work with M6 class, that seems to work.

I have looked up the Hyperions class and get every answer from M7, M6, to TP...

What is the Hyperions class for scripting?

Edit: I also did the M7 edit and it does not effect the Boron Whale wich is supposed to be a true M7 (not reported as M1 or something else like many others are)

Edit2: Also tried the X3 Editor 2 a few times, step by step through setup...

It just tells me "Cannot open file - access denied or file locked." When I try to load the editor after telling it where to find X3...

I have given my system (and all users) full permission, no luck there either.

Edit3: My offer still stands...

$20 to the first person able to show me how to make Hyperions into sector/universal traders...

Edit: Merged four posts into one. X2-Illuminatus

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 22. Oct 17, 17:49

I merged your four posts from yesterday into one. In future, please use the edit button in the top right corner of your posts instead of creating multiple posts directly after each other without someone replying inbetween.

The Hyperion is an M7 class ship. So using that class should work. However, you can also use something like "Ship" or "Moveable Ship", then the command should become available at all ship classes.
Apart from that the joy of editing scripts with the ingame script editor is that while you can edit .pck scripts, the editor saves them as .xml-file. Yet when the files are loaded by the game, .pck files have a higher priority than .xml files. Thus you need to delete or move the .pck file from the "scripts" folder manually, before your script is loaded. Additionally, what Reven posted above is only the code to make the Universe Trader Command available. There should be an almost identical line for the Sector Trader Command, which you would have to duplicate accordingly, too.

As for the X3 Editor 2 issue: Access restrictions are usually effective for the Program Files directory of your OS partition. Moving your X3 installation elsewhere or simply copying the cat/dat pairs elsewhere for the time being and open them in the X3 Editor 2 manually should do the trick.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”