X3R Odin class hangar (Created ship)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Reven
x4

X3R Odin class hangar (Created ship)

Post by Reven » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 04:38

All resources indicate the Odin class has capacity to hold 40 ships in X3R. Nothing seems to actually be able to dock with it. Is this 40 ship capacity only available in a mod?
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Re: X3R Odin class docks

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 05:49

Reven wrote:All resources indicate the Odin class has capacity to hold 40 ships in X3R. Nothing seems to actually be able to dock with it. Is this 40 ship capacity only available in a mod?
Only fighters can dock at that ship (and almost all [*] other carriers) - M5, M4, M4+ M3, M3+.

[*] The exceptions:
- Aran can also handle up to TP, TP+, TS, TS+, M6, M6+, M8 ships in all its docks, and ANY ship (ie. including a capital ship) at ONE of its docks
- [X3AP only] The Kyoto can also handle up to TP, TP+, TS, TS+, M6, M6+, M8 in all of its docking bays
- [X3AP only] The Guppy and the Ariadne can hold fighters as normal, but one docking slot can alternatively accommodate a TS, TS+, TP, or TP+ ship.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: X3R Odin class hangar

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 10:15

Reven wrote:All resources indicate the Odin class has capacity to hold 40 ships in X3R. Nothing seems to actually be able to dock with it. Is this 40 ship capacity only available in a mod?
The Odin can neither be bought nor captured nor can you get it as a reward in X3R. If thats the case in any of the X games, it's a very good sign that the ship is not meant for player hands. ;)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Re: X3R Odin class hangar

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 12:30

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
The Odin can neither be bought nor captured nor can you get it as a reward in X3R. If thats the case in any of the X games, it's a very good sign that the ship is not meant for player hands. ;)
Oh crap, before I replied, I didn't even notice that this was about Reunion and not either of the next two titles. :D
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Reven
x4

Post by Reven » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 15:02

Yes, I meant X3R. Perhaps this should have been in the scripting/mod forum. I scripted up a method to create the ship, which is easy enough. Unlike some of the other odds and sods ships in X3R, the Odin seems otherwise complete. Its entry in TShips lists a hangar that can support 40 ships, but I can't tell from that what ship classes can actually land on it because that isn't in TShips. I don't remember where that is actually specified - it's been a while since I've looked at this.

In any case, I didn't want to get into the weeds modding this ship, I really just wanted to see if anyone knew if it actually did have a hangar in X3R for some limited class of ships.
You were warned... pirates will be hunted down like vermin.

Ex Turbo Modestum

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 9. Oct 17, 16:20

Reven wrote:Perhaps this should have been in the scripting/mod forum.
Indeed. One cannot get Odin in vanilla X3R.

I don't know how to focus a (google) websearch to X3R S&M, but that I would attempt first.
* Whether someone has discussed modding Odin back then.
* Where the dock types are listed.
* Does the model have both landing bays and launch ports.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”