Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BugMeister
x4

Re: Trump

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 00:00

- Hari Seldon is expected to appear at any moment.. :lol:

large back-handers discovered in the church funds
the revolting robot speaks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnElFGHbk5I

- has Asimov's law of robotics been broken
- it might just be a glitch, Mitch..?? :mrgreen:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 00:31

BugMeister wrote:
Tue, 19. Feb 19, 00:00
- Hari Seldon is expected to appear at any moment.. :lol:

large back-handers discovered in the church funds
the revolting robot speaks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnElFGHbk5I

- has Asimov's law of robotics been broken
- it might just be a glitch, Mitch..?? :mrgreen:
I don't know why you post links like that, they are pretty suspect to start with, especially when you take into account they are the only ones reporting these stories, there is a reason why they use text to speech and why they don't have any subscribers. The term fake news comes to mind.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 07:22

FAKE WEATHER REPORT>>
a blizzard of lies is expected to hit the US and the UK, in the next few weeks
heavy drifting is likely - people are advised to stay indoors, as temperatures plummet to new lows..

aah yes, fake news.. :roll:
when liars tell us that everyone is lying - who can you believe..?
- hmmm... :sceptic:
..and soon all news is suspect..:gruebel:

Ah, I see what you did there.. :twisted:

one can believe what one likes, apparently..
- the truth is out there..

scene cuts to a robot fisherman slowly and carefully reeling in a shopping trolley from a canal..
the camera gradually pans back and eventually it becomes clear that the canal is on mars.. :mrgreen:

then a Curiosity robot rolls forward waving a shotgun, shouting, "Oi - what you doin' here - get orf moi land..!!?"
..movie-camera crew abandons all of its gear and legs it - as chaos ensues..
NOTHING IS REAL..
*cue spooky x-files musak*
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Grimmrog
x4

Post by Grimmrog » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 10:58

I have seen a prettynice documentation about El Chapo about 2 weeks ago.
Someone should show That to trump so he realsies theres already tunnels and building a wall over tunnels is veeeery useful.
We had a wall here in Germany, didn't worked well either.

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 12:36

Lol hadn't seen/heard it yet, but Ann Coulter has been throwing Trump under the bus, looking at comments on her twitter etc, the stereotypical trump supporters are now attacking her. Lol now i don't mind her not having the time of her life, don't have much more respect for her than i have for Trump, but still it's this kind of reaction to someone beeing critical of Trump that really concerns me, there are just too much simularities with the kind of people who live in a dictatorship that are actively supporting said dictatorship.
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 14:05

So aside from going to play golf after his declaration of emergency, Trump thinks he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. You couldn't make this nonsense up.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 14:34

RegisterMe wrote:
Tue, 19. Feb 19, 14:05
So aside from going to play golf after his declaration of emergency, Trump thinks he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. You couldn't make this nonsense up.
- at least we're trying.. :roll:
- very trying.. :lol:

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 16:09

Trying, more like tiring.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 21:00

RegisterMe wrote:
Reuter-Japan's PM nominated Trump for Nobel Peace Prize on U.S. request: Asahi

/sigh

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 19. Feb 19, 22:50

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 00:15

Morkonan wrote:
Tue, 19. Feb 19, 21:00
RegisterMe wrote:

/sigh
Just to put thing in perspective here. If you consider the fact Obama was not only nominated, but actually won the bloody thing by virtually doing NOTHING. So for a guy who manage to bring NK back to the table and cool the Korea peninsula to the lowest point in recent history, it's not that weird if Trump gets nominated for it.

Now, if you ask me if he's deserved it, I'll tell you I think he's as deserved as Obama did (aka I don't). I know people would love to spin this up as a Trump thing, but it's hardly the dumbest thing ever happened to this award. :roll:
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 00:26

So Trump declares a national emergency and then goes on to plays golf for several days. Exactly what his supporter want him to i guess, playing too much is apperently only a sin if you're not Trump. Again the hypocrisy is sad and obvious.

He did have time to tweet this though: "THE RIGGED AND CORRUPT MEDIA IS THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!" I guess Trump beeing a threat for the first amendement doen't matter for as long he doesn't threaten the second. Total lunacy.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 01:01

Mightysword wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 00:15
Morkonan wrote:
RegisterMe wrote:

/sigh
Just to put thing in perspective here. If you consider the fact Obama was not only nominated, but actually won the bloody thing by virtually doing NOTHING. So for a guy who manage to bring NK back to the table and cool the Korea peninsula to the lowest point in recent history, it's not that weird if Trump gets nominated for it.

Now, if you ask me if he's deserved it, I'll tell you I think he's as deserved as Obama did (aka I don't). I know people would love to spin this up as a Trump thing, but it's hardly the dumbest thing ever happened to this award. :roll:
He did none of that, it was Moon Jae-in who is responsible for basically all of it well some of it could have been Xi Jinping. Trump has done nothing apart from meeting with Kim Jong-un, who ran circles around Trump, basically getting Trump to agree to everything while giving nothing. The only thing Trump deserves, is a pretty hefty long prison sentence.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 01:43

Mightysword wrote:
Morkonan wrote:
RegisterMe wrote:

/sigh
HAHAHAHA! You started with "Just to put thing in perspective here..." Like, there's a perspective to put it in? Like, somehow, there's a set of natural laws that's applicable if we only look deep enough? Like... WTF TRUMP NOBMNISCATED FOR THE NOBEL PEAS PRIZE?

Obama went on a "World Apology Tour," that's why he got nominated. I didn't like any of it, but at least I can understand how a bunch of people wanted to recognize the U.S. apologizing to everyone else for something. It made them feel good.

Trump got firmly bent over a table at a meeting with KJU and had his kimchi pushed in... His "meeting" didn't meet with any success except inasmuch as it gave KJU some power with his radical base and a bit of P.R. Those sites were dumped for show, for a photo-op, because they were no longer serviceable and there's a very good argument that DPRK doesn't need any more underground testing, anyway. (Plus, there are already new sites being revealed under construction.)
It's not the dumbest thing to happen with this award, but it's the dumbest nominee for it to happen to...

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 05:26

yet again Trump tarnishes an organisation, merely by his association with it..
now d'you get the impression that Trump is a toxic brand..??

the Replicants were warned of this, very early on..
even Lindsey Graham spoke out against him at the initial nomination hearings..
they knew he was a disaster waiting to happen, but they went ahead anyway..
- thus inflicting on the USA, the most incompetent and unworthy president in their history..

at the very least, they made a horrible mistake when they accepted his candidacy in the first place - catastrophic enough you might think, but
we have since learnt of the Russian's active meddling in the process of the ensuing election, not to mention their infiltration of the NRA, et al..
indeed, the e-mail recording the lead-up to the meeting in Trump Tower, between Kushner, Trump Jnr et al - actually states that it was "part of the Russian Government's support for Trump"
- this is a matter of public record..

we might therefore, be lead to believe that the Replicant's knew of this Russian meddling beforehand, and thus that Trump's chances of winning were being "artificially" increased..
- the Replicants: could it be that they knew the game was being rigged - why else would they have accepted this moron's candidacy..??
- the idiot is actually on record saying that he could shoot someone in the street and get away with it - and still be elected president - just slightly over-confident, eh..??..

- shortly after his inaugural address, Trump's White House was advised that his security advisor Mike Flynn was being actively compromised by foreign ties..
- they waited 18 days before taking any action - it has been downhill, ever since..

- meanwhile in the interim, Trump has stuffed the Supreme Court with snarling far-right KKKhristian Replicant cabal members,
- who wouldn't give a monkey's if he actually started foaming at the mouth and took to barfing on the White House lawn in broad daylight..
knowing full well that he will eventually have to face his accusers..

Elizabeth Warren for Pope..!! :lol:

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 08:10

felter wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 01:01
He did none of that, it was Moon Jae-in who is responsible for basically all of it well some of it could have been Xi Jinping. Trump has done nothing apart from meeting with Kim Jong-un, who ran circles around Trump, basically getting Trump to agree to everything while giving nothing.
In football there is this saying: You can only play the team infront of you. Sometime you get an easy path to the final, sometime you get the hard one. Ultimately it doesn't matter if you flattrack bullied 10 minow teams or fought tooth and nail against 10 champions, only the result at the end matter. Something that had never happened before happened on his watch, and for that there will be credit given to him, how much is up for debate ... unless you already cement your belief, and if that's the case there is no point to discuss any further. ;)

Just like a president very rarely have any effect on the economy, won't change the fact his fortune will always be tied to it, whether the credit is deserved or undeserved ... rarely have any relevancy.

HAHAHAHA! You started with "Just to put thing in perspective here..." Like, there's a perspective to put it in? Like, somehow, there's a set of natural laws that's applicable if we only look deep enough? Like... WTF TRUMP NOBMNISCATED FOR THE NOBEL PEAS PRIZE?
There is always perspective, and in case you forget I ALWAYS talk in perspective. The whole North Korean talk to us bystander probably came across as to little, or even nothing. Because it has nothing to do with us, so we can all sit here in the comfy of our chair and dream about some grandeur result, to which standard the whole thing looks no more than a hoax. But to the people who directly affected by it, it means something difference. It's no coincident when I monitor the public opinion of the countries directly involved: China/Japan/South Korea (can't do NK for obvious reason), each at the very least with have some measured respect of the US's involvement. In fact, the only media that dismiss the things in full blast ... comically but unsurprisingly came from those who have zero skate on the issue. :sceptic:

Just like those who preach scarify the most are the one who will never have to scarify, or those who preach tolerance the loudest are the one never practice it. :x
It's not the dumbest thing to happen with this award, but it's the dumbest nominee for it to happen to...
Hey, there is a big gap between getting nominated and getting awarded, and I think that gap is big enough to make Obama's award a lot more absurd. :roll:

Now if Trump actually wins it ...
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 10:51

Mightysword wrote:
If you consider the fact Obama was not only nominated, but actually won the bloody thing by virtually doing NOTHING.
This at least I agree with. Obama's nomination and award of the Peace Prize was at least as stupid, especially as he was less than a year into an 8 year presidency which would go on to be one of the most violent in US history.
I always kinda assumed the real reason he got it was merely for the fact of being elected and thus demonstrating how far race relations in the USA have progressed. . . . . . but given what's happening in the US now I think we can safely say that too was a false premise.
Trumps potential nomination is ridiculous, all he has achieved in regard to NK is to grant legitimacy to a brutal dictator whilst simultaneously making America look extremely foolish. It would make at least as much sense to nominate Kim Jong Un

But then the Peace Prize has always been the stupidest of the Nobels, frequently awarded for a single act of peacemaking made during a life time of warmongering.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 13:43

Obviously he wont win or even be mentioned in a positive way when the peace prize will be awarded.

you can't award a man the peace price who says (again these are a copy pastes of the tweets nothing altered) "THE RIGGED AND CORRUPT MEDIA IS THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!" or "Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!"

He's more of a threat to the first amendment than Obama ever was to the second. In my country this would come close enough to hate speech and inciting violence that you could bring him up on charges of said crimes, i don't think you'd win, it's only just below the treshold of what would be ruled hate speech and inciting violence, but above the treshold where you can us the judicial system to test it.

I'd really like to see what Masterbagger thinks of these tweets, (preferably without him going but this or that person back then or over there is way worse)

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 15:27

BugMeister wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 05:26
yet again Trump tarnishes an organisation, merely by his association with it..
The "Nobel Peace Prize" is awarded a bit differently than the more prestigious "Nobel Prize." It has enough of it's own history of being controversial before anything involving Trump.
Elizabeth Warren for Pope..!! :lol:
She's an idiot. More than that, she's disgraceful, pandering in the most absurd way to claw whatever support she can get. She spouts stupid crap trying to look "cool" and promotes ideas that are dumb, won't work, but have a lot of support from people who are likely dumb and don't work, too... ;) (Yes, that was a bit harsh. I really support The People's Right to Choose." But, it was too good an opportunity for a cutting joke...:) )Out of the huge stable of Democrat Hopefuls or anyone else running for President in 2020, she's far down on the bottom of the list of competent candidates. In her bid to "look exciting," she's long left the path of reason. THIS is a problem, in general, with all Democratic candidates and it's what they've suffered from for years - They are all-too-frequently hollow, limp, wet, socks... They don't have a plan, don't have a program, don't have anything more than "let's get excited about me" platforms, grasping at anything that they think can get popular support while still qualifying as being labeled "Liberal, Progressive, Left, Not-Republican." And, Warren couldn't win the Swing Vote at a Door Convention.
Mightysword wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 08:10
There is always perspective, and in case you forget I ALWAYS talk in perspective. The whole North Korean talk to us bystander probably came across as to little, or even nothing. Because it has nothing to do with us, so we can all sit here in the comfy of our chair and dream about some grandeur result, to which standard the whole thing looks no more than a hoax. But to the people who directly affected by it, it means something difference. It's no coincident when I monitor the public opinion of the countries directly involved: China/Japan/South Korea (can't do NK for obvious reason), each at the very least with have some measured respect of the US's involvement. In fact, the only media that dismiss the things in full blast ... comically but unsurprisingly came from those who have zero skate on the issue. :sceptic:
Then, maybe it's a case of a regional collection of countries that are far too involved in drinking their own brand of Kool Aid than having an appropriate perspective? The only things those "talks" accomplished was to make it easier for DPRK to get photo-ops and positive P.R. The true result was the same as previous outreach results with KJI - They do something that puts forth an image of conciliation, but is in fact meaningless and only serves the purpose of strengthening the current Kim-family ruler and obfuscating their true intent. History of failure, All the times North Korea Has Promised to Denuclearize.

So, if regional and involved countries are regarding Trump's session with KJU as exceptional and are not dismissing it, as reality and history suggests they should do at this point, then they're just taking another big, long, swig of their own brand of Kool Aid. Maybe it makes them feel better and helps to alleviate anxiety? Maybe China enjoys seeing tensions reduced, even if the cause of that is a lie? Maybe Japan is glad that people are reading about something else other than their crazy economy and the fact that they can't make babies anymore?

The fact is that the world's most heavily populated city is still under the very real threat of a nuclear-armed DPRK that has not demonstrated restraint or a willingness to truly fulfill the objective of a collective peace. DPRK remains a hostile nation that is often unpredictable on purpose in order to escalate tensions so it can get what it wants.

And, you're saying nations in the regions are happy about this? They have a "measure of respect of the US's involvement?" I let rip a huge fart yesterday. It is worthy of "respect." It could have even won an award! But, was it truly meaningful? Significant? Truly worthy of some measure of respect? Well, I think so, but I don't think anyone else would have. Though, if they knew its power, I would be the "Emperor of the Elevator" with a captive audience! And... so is KJU and DPRK and they know it.
Hey, there is a big gap between getting nominated and getting awarded, and I think that gap is big enough to make Obama's award a lot more absurd. :roll:

Now if Trump actually wins it ...
Well, I'd agree, just like I'd agree Gore's award was silly. For too long they have used that award as some sort of public affirmation of an idea or policy that they thing should be promoted, not for an award for "achievement." This is like having a "Great Ideas Committee" that sits around with hands in each other's laps proposing "ideas" but takes little action to actually "do anything."

However, it's their award. I honestly think they should give it to whoever they want to give it to. But, I reserve judgement on whether or not I should interpret it as being significant or worthy of attention. And, if Trump gets it... Well, in that case, they might as well start including Nobel Peace Prize Award Applications in "Happy Meal" boxes.
Last edited by Morkonan on Wed, 20. Feb 19, 15:58, edited 2 times in total.

Grimmrog
x4

Post by Grimmrog » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 15:29

Morkonan wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 15:27
Out of the huge stable of Democrat Hopefuls or anyone else running for President in 2020, she's far down on the bottom of the list of competent candidates.

In a country that voted for Trump, That sounds like the perfect candidate.

Return to “Off Topic English”