Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RegisterMe
x4

Re: Trump

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 22:11

I don't care whether Trump is indicted or not. I just want to see him somewhere he can do no more harm.

EDIT: ofc I'm not American so I don't get a say :).
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 02:59

RegisterMe wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 19, 22:11
I don't care whether Trump is indicted or not. I just want to see him somewhere he can do no more harm.

EDIT: ofc I'm not American so I don't get a say :).
I can vote.

Mightysword wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 19, 21:27
fiksal wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 19, 19:29
Did I just read what I think I did?
And if I'm correct about what I think you think you just read ... I'm sorry to say it won't happens.
It's possible you are right. At this point I am just watching this clown show with amazement, with no expectations or spoilers.

That is an extremely odd though statement to leave in the report, dont you think? It's shifting somewhere away from half way to exoneration to not quite indictment.

I do agree that Democrats by in large probably won't care... but then again, some may have a longer memory than the others.

And speaking of memory, I am speculating that this are breadcrumbs for prosecutors more than for Democrats, for *some reason*. And as one of FBI directors said once, they (law enforcement) have a long memory.
But of course, I think it's the full intention of the politician for people to interpret it that way. After all, if you are someone who want to see Trump indicted, that prospect will be a good incentive for you to go vote next year, right? :)
It weren't Democrats though. This makes no sense for Mueller to write it this way for this intention though.

I am starting to think the full report really needs to be seen, and Mueller needs to spill his beans before Congress.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 03:46

fiksal wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 19, 02:59

It's possible you are right. At this point I am just watching this clown show with amazement, with no expectations or spoilers.

That is an extremely odd though statement to leave in the report, dont you think? It's shifting somewhere away from half way to exoneration to not quite indictment.

I do agree that Democrats by in large probably won't care... but then again, some may have a longer memory than the others.

And speaking of memory, I am speculating that this are breadcrumbs for prosecutors more than for Democrats, for *some reason*. And as one of FBI directors said once, they (law enforcement) have a long memory.
None of this is about getting a conviction in a court. The accusation alone is just meant to taint the other guy and make him unelectable. Do you remember the whole farce over nominating Justice Kavanaugh? Feinstein knew about that Ford woman while dems were interviewing him. She sat on that info until the last minute before it was time to vote and dropped it then to derail the proceeding. The accusation was all they needed to open an avenue of attack. Nothing here is about President Trump having credibly committed a crime that can be proven in court. It's all about smearing him. Once he has term limited out that will be the end of it.
Who made that man a gunner?

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 05:47

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 19, 03:46
The accusation was all they needed to open an avenue of attack.
I do recall you seem to think Mueller is a secret democrat party agent. I think maybe he is undecover Knights Templar.

He, and Barr might be. But lets say he isn't.

Between him and Comey I am noticing a pattern of favoring technicalities. The report is neither exonerating nor with indictments, something no-one really wanted.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 00:10

fiksal wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 19, 05:47
... I think maybe he is undecover Knights Templar...
It's possible, but I haven't seen him at any of the meetings.

It's more likely he's a Reptilioid Illuminati and part of the Shadow Government. It's not possible for anyone other than such a person to have an otherwise outstanding and exemplary history of government service like Mueller without also having some kind of nefarious, sinister, origin. He could also be a witch. There aren't any photographs of him swimming underwater, are there? Yeah, probably a witch.
...Between him and Comey I am noticing a pattern of favoring technicalities. The report is neither exonerating nor with indictments, something no-one really wanted.
It's difficult to say, really. The inquiry, AFAIK, really didn't have some powers that an Independent Prosecutor might have. There are, obviously, some bits of very carefully constructed text in that report. Some of that may purposefully reflect certain limitations. There are poignant and direct examples, though, that the counsel pushes directly towards Congress.

I don't think Impeachment is a real option due directly to this report. I do think, though that the Law doesn't "forget." IF there was something "criminal" in Trump's behavior, he will be charged upon leaving office. He'll get a notice that he won a free television and show up to collect a set of handcuffs, instead. And, if they had no such evidence? No notice of a free television will be sent...

Not sure how Reptiliods can type, though, so Mueller must have just dictated the report to a Thrall. Or, he could be a witch. Republican hardliners will surely conduct a Reptilioid/Witch investigation after this, so we'll find out whatever they want us to find out...
Masterbagger wrote:
...The accusation alone is just meant to taint the other guy and make him unelectable....
The dude bragged that he could murder someone and still get elected... On camera. At a rally. In front of hundreds ("TENS OF BAJILLIONS OF PEEPUL! NO CULLUSION!") of people. And you say this report was designed to make him unelectable?

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 18:38

Morkonan wrote:
Sun, 21. Apr 19, 00:10
fiksal wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 19, 05:47
... I think maybe he is undecover Knights Templar...
It's possible, but I haven't seen him at any of the meetings.

It's more likely he's a Reptilioid Illuminati and part of the Shadow Government. It's not possible for anyone other than such a person to have an otherwise outstanding and exemplary history of government service like Mueller without also having some kind of nefarious, sinister, origin. He could also be a witch. There aren't any photographs of him swimming underwater, are there? Yeah, probably a witch.
Valid points. What's his weight compared to a duck?

As an Assassin I have some issues with Templars. Not so much with witches though... Gerald is an alright guy, for example.
Morkonan wrote:
I do think, though that the Law doesn't "forget." IF there was something "criminal" in Trump's behavior, he will be charged upon leaving office. He'll get a notice that he won a free television and show up to collect a set of handcuffs, instead. And, if they had no such evidence? No notice of a free television will be sent...
That's what I read out of it. So I guess we'll see what happens, I really cant guess here.
Morkonan wrote:
Not sure how Reptiliods can type, though, so Mueller must have just dictated the report to a Thrall. Or, he could be a witch. Republican hardliners will surely conduct a Reptilioid/Witch investigation after this, so we'll find out whatever they want us to find out...
I'd be interesting to see Republicans attacking one of their own, and a military guy at that, if Mueller testifies.
Morkonan wrote:
Masterbagger wrote:
...The accusation alone is just meant to taint the other guy and make him unelectable....
The dude bragged that he could murder someone and still get elected... On camera. At a rally. In front of hundreds ("TENS OF BAJILLIONS OF PEEPUL! NO CULLUSION!") of people. And you say this report was designed to make him unelectable?
Nothing gets a crowd going like a bit of blood. That statement alone probably earned him a few votes.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 01:01

fiksal wrote:
Sun, 21. Apr 19, 18:38
...Valid points. What's his weight compared to a duck?
Not quite sure, there. But, at least a duck is comprehensible.
As an Assassin I have some issues with Templars. Not so much with witches though... Gerald is an alright guy, for example.
Good. Was worried you might be a Leaper. Carry on...
That's what I read out of it. So I guess we'll see what happens, I really cant guess here.
I have no friggin' clue, either. It's like someone warning "Don't open that door." "OK... Sure. No problem. But, why tho? What's behind that door that you say I shouldn't open? Or, maybe I should? Why else would you tell me not to open it unless you really wanted me to open it? AHA! Gotcha! I bet that's what you really want! But, why should I do what you want? It's just a door. A door I'm not supposed to open? But.."

So, Mueller notes that "Guess what - A President is no longer a President when he's not a President!" Why the heck note that unless...
I'd be interesting to see Republicans attacking one of their own, and a military guy at that, if Mueller testifies.
But, that's the crazy thing that's going on, these days. They could say "He's a Martian, not a veteran! He served the Shadow Government, not The People" and the radical base driving all the craziest conspiracy theories will grab their AR-15's, jump in their trucks and go shoot up a pizzaria... WTF? "History" and "Fact" and "What someone just said, yesterday" DO NOT MATTER TO THESE KINDS OF PEOPLE.

The biggest lulz in the universe are happening every darn day in social media. "Q-Anon" is a rambling trove of WTF-STOOPID and idiots, certifiable morans, are lapping it up like that one time at that one party where someone drank too much and yakked all over the floor in the house and the darn dog ate it. They don't get it. One may as well just start ringing a bell every time someone makes some idiotic claim in social media just so we can readily identify who the idiots are by their wet shirtfronts.

(That's actually a friggin thing, I bet. "Notifications." I would bet real money, lots of it, that the most enthusiastic political conspiracy nuts become extremely aroused every time their smartphone or computer notifies them there's been a social-media update of ANY sort. It might just be grandma linking a new recipe or cute cat pics, but their body doesn't know that and is preparing itself for battle... ""Ding" You've got a hard-on!""

Your mission :) - Go start a subreddit and claim "you know the truth" lulzworthy garbage and then start posting Majestic-level-zomgz fake documents about an Obama conspiracy to sell babies to ____ and you'll have five people in five minutes telling you that they know what you're talking about and one of them is definitely a baby that was sold and "here is my story." The next thing you know some moran is selling t-shirts with your logo on them and you've got a "following." WTF? This is real. It's happening and I am embarrassed for the human race... I sincerely hope no aliens are watching us and making decisions concerning locations for new interstellar highways. (Then again, I'm just as likely to be secretely hopeful for that.)
Nothing gets a crowd going like a bit of blood. That statement alone probably earned him a few votes.
As soon as someone starts talking about peace and love and "can't we all just get along" one of the hardcore morans jumps up and calls them a wuss... It takes a strong person to refuse to indulge their baser instincts. I have refused to throw heavy objects at my television on multiple ocassions after hearing some idiotic crap being spouted by the latest political talking-head. I am very proud that I have not had to purchase a new television because of the latest political shenanigans. :) (I do need to get a new nerf gun, though, 'cause that would be very satisfying. Back when I was married, we had two of them beside the couch reserved for such occasions.)

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 02:43

fiksal wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 19, 02:59
And that's my point. Sitting president or not, if there is damning/irrefutable evidence he would issue charge, or recommend an indictment, and congress would be force to act on it. Yes, Republican may go against it, but it would be something they do not without cost. Like I said the fact he doesn't just means evidence of such strength doesn't exist. Maybe it's "possible" to find something more with a full blow investigation, but that's a dare the Democrat won't take if and after Trump is out office, it's just not worth it to them.

And there is also a chance even if they press it, after a long-protracted battle they will still end up with nothing or nothing more than Mueller already have. Remember the people who are in the echo are "already" convinced Trump is guilty, whatever happens in the Mueller report is irrelevant in term of who they will vote for next. The current outcome only deny those voter the gratification they seek, it'll make them a bit bitter but it won't change their future action, Democrat doesn't need to push any further to secure their votes.

They are the very same people who are pouring and devouring the full report looking for "shocking" evidences. It's a fun, but otherwise pointless exercise that will satisfy little beyond personal craving. I can assure you most independent (i.e me) who simply wait for the report, we made no assumption, we had no expectation. For us it was simple, if the report provide irrefutable and damning evidence, we pull the plug. When that didn't happen, we move on, we don't really care and don't want to waste time on other "technicalities". :)
It's not that they don't care or will forget, it's just not worth doing for them. I hope you realize at this point politician isn't exactly the "justice is its own reward" type. Even Trump himself dropped the "LOCKED HER UP" thing fast after becoming the president, and he was in a position of strength.

In a different age and time, the current report may have been enough damage as it is. That fact that it isn't is something that we of all people should be responsible for. The day after the full report, predictable enough headlines such as "10 shocking new revelation in Mueller report" started popping up everywhere. The problem is to me, I read that headline and felt next to nothing, you know why? Because for the last 3 years, it feels that I was provided with a weekly dose "here are 10 reasons you should hate Trump" or "10 new shocking info about Trump" in general media. Well, you can only shock people so much and so often and we're just numb against it. :roll:

If you think info like this is supposed to be the antibiotic to treat illness, what we have been doing is akin going full retard on using anti-biotic on everything, and someone like Trump is probably the first of the many after him (from both side of the isle) that are becoming immune to criticism. After each fights I know the next one just gonna be worse. I think the future of our politic is similar to the future of human when all current antibiotic become ineffective. :doh:
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 09:59

nurse - the screens!! :lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 12:15

Even if you don't rate Maddow this is worth watching re obstruction of justice.
I can't breathe.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 14:57

(Hard to use quotes on mobile)

@Morkonan

Wait, which Leaper?

Re: Q or actually crazy and dangerous people

Is there money in Q like conspiracies? Or it's just self feeding insanity?

Re: peaceful

Yeah being for Peace is not a quality people want in emperors

@Mightysword

Re: lock her up

Did he stop? He maybe only stopped now because his memory is failing him. He's otherwise have been obsessed with Clinton long after being elected, tweeting nonstop.

He even doubled down on political prisons, by naming media to be enemy of the people. So it's not like he tuned anything down.

Re: criticism

I don't think Trump is immune to criticism, it's just his base doesn't care. This has been mostly the case with all emperors.

And I agree the coverage can be tiring. While I can see where to criticise the coverage, I will never say media should stop reporting every crazy thing our leaders say.

BugMeister
x4

Re:

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 15:28

- doing some research
- been re-reading this thread from the early days - and there's a lot of it..!!..
- there are a great many excellent postings contained among these hundreds of pages - this one, for instance:
felter wrote:
Fri, 24. Mar 17, 21:24
So Trump(don't)care has failed. It's so funny as I was just watching a video of Trump proudly saying that there is no way it can fail, as they have had a meeting and everyone was 100% behind it. That it was just the press with their fake news that was against it, and that they were going to be shown up and should also get behind it, when it is voted in. Well it didn't quite go as planned, EH Donald.

So what else is doing the Trump rounds today, could it be this picture:

There is a lot are moaning about the lack of women in the picture. Personally myself I look at the picture and to me it isn't just the lack of women, I don't see any black people, I don't see any Hispanic people, I don't see any Muslim people, I don't see any poor people, all I see is rich white men deciding on how they can make even more money from the other poor people.
- ace! :D :thumb_up:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 15:35

- and this one.. :D
clakclak wrote:
Fri, 2. Jun 17, 14:18
Bishop149 wrote:Must admit that before Trump pulled out of the Paris accord I had no idea how universally agreed it was.

- "Every country except Syria, Nicaragua (and now the US)"
- "Surely not! That level if international cooperation can't be possible, must be some jiggerypokery over the definition of 'country'"
[Looks into it]
- Wow, actually seems legit.
[...]
Even North Korea signed the damn thing.
:lol:
- and this one.. :D
jannix wrote:
Fri, 9. Jun 17, 02:52
“I can definitely say the president is not a liar,” said White House principal deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders after the hearing.

:roll:
particularly apt..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It117ziPhP8
- ha, ha..!! :lol:
Last edited by BugMeister on Mon, 22. Apr 19, 16:10, edited 2 times in total.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 15:48

RegisterMe wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 19, 12:15
Even if you don't rate Maddow this is worth watching re obstruction of justice.
- spot on.. :D :thumb_up:

the legal case against Donald J Trump will not stop - his corrupt finances will eventually expose him as the fraudster that he is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEaZvv9TzEw

Meanwhile, the madman Giulliani steps right off the edge - and goes into free-fall..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4lVvoBibZ4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSufkNS08V0
- holy moly..!! :o :o :o

you don't need to be a screaming hard-leftie commie/socialist - or an extreme right-wing conservative baboon, either - to realize that these people are playing fast and loose with the Constitution..
Trump and Kushner Inc. are setting a terrible precedent for the future - wake up America, before it is too late..!!

- impeach him now..!! :o :o

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 17:51

fiksal wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 19, 14:57
(Hard to use quotes on mobile)
@Morkonan

Wait, which Leaper?
Jumper, Leaper, what's the difference? :) (I goofed and wrote "Leaper" instead of "Jumper.")
Re: Q or actually crazy and dangerous people
You're talking about the difference between bottle-tops and pull-tabs... :)
Is there money in Q like conspiracies? Or it's just self feeding insanity?
I know this is going to be hard to believe, but it's true: There are very big companies out there that are making bajillions of monies selling water. WATER! I know, right? They sell water. To people. And, not just municipalities or people in the desert, but to everyone! There are entire aisles in grocery stores devoted to selling people water. In bottles. TINY ITTY-BITTY BOTTLES OF WATER! FOR MONIES!

There is money to be made in anything. The secret to making money from something is not to find a product that people would want, but to sell something to people who want to buy it.

I'm not saying that's the roots of the whole Q-Conspiracy thing, it's just simple marketing. I don't know how or why the Q crap started, likely a graduate level experimental thesis in psychology/anthropology is my bet. Or, some chanrejects set out to get some lulz...

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 18:44

Morkonan wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 19, 17:51
I know this is going to be hard to believe, but it's true: There are very big companies out there that are making bajillions of monies selling water. WATER! I know, right? They sell water. To people. And, not just municipalities or people in the desert, but to everyone! There are entire aisles in grocery stores devoted to selling people water. In bottles. TINY ITTY-BITTY BOTTLES OF WATER! FOR MONIES!
Well, they sell bottles more than they sell water, but other than that, yeah.....

And, incidentally, for any smug Brits going "well we're all right on the water front", no, we're not. We import two thirds of our food and the production of that consumes a metric shitton of water......
I can't breathe.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 20:18

Trump today. Apparently :lol: .
I can't breathe.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 21:48

RegisterMe wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 19, 18:44
Well, they sell bottles more than they sell water, but other than that, yeah.....
They sell the "idea" of water... "STAY HYDRATED ZOMGZ OR DIE!" :) Heck, most of the time it's the label that draws the eye, so one could say they're selling that. Nestle', for instance, uses its old "Nestle'" logo scheme prominently displayed on its water bottles. Why? Because its got brand recognition and illicits a certain visceral "OMG CHOCOLATE" response in fans. :)

(If you're referring to packaging costs vs product manufacturing costs, then I'd somewhat agree the packaging is more expensive than the water inside. But, only "somewhat." The water represents all the expenses including filtering, production transport, replacement seal and parts, labor, etc..)
And, incidentally, for any smug Brits going "well we're all right on the water front", no, we're not. We import two thirds of our food and the production of that consumes a metric shitton of water......
The British Isles are... islands. And, modern transportation and infrastructure has enabled them to support a bunch of people. But, all we have to do is look at the effects of WWII on the British Isles to see how drastically a nation can be effected when it is isolated.

On Mueller Report : I glanced over a blurb the other day that outlined a VERY interesting bit in the Mueller report. It must have been somewhere in the early bit. But, the gist of the quote was something like this:

"Since this panel believes that the President of the United States can not be criminally charged while in office, no investigation by this panel will be conducted as one undertaken for the purposes of criminal prosecution of the President of the United States. <sic>"

In short... If that's true, and I apologize for not being able to find and reference the quote, then Mueller's investigation was never capable of criminally investigating President Trump, specifically. Never. It did not conduct a criminal investigation of Trump because it did not believe it was possible to do so.

Any help in finding a reference for this would be appreciated. I closed the tab that had the article and had forgotten to reference it. Now, I can't find it and don't relish reading through the entire Mueller report to get the exact quote. But, if true, then any discussion of Trump, specifically, and anything coming out of the Mueller report has to include the fact that they did not investigate Trump for criminal prosecution purposes... because they didn't believe they could. (Congress, on the other hand, most certainly can. ie: "Special Prosecutor" etc)

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 22:06

There was certainly a statement in the Mueller report to the effect that Justice Department policy was that they could not indict a sitting President on criminal charges. Is that what you're thinking of?
I can't breathe.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 22:20

RegisterMe wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 22:06
There was certainly a statement in the Mueller report to the effect that Justice Department policy was that they could not indict a sitting President on criminal charges. Is that what you're thinking of?
That's part of it. But, there was a specific quote from the report that basically proved that there would be no criminal investigation of Trump during this process at all. In short - because they felt it was impossible for them to prosecute, they couldn't conduct a criminal investigation of Trump, and had to limit what they could or would do specifically regarding Trump. They could criminally investigate anyone else in the world, just not Trump.

Because of this, no criminal charges against Trump were possible as arrising from this particular investigation.

That's basically what the quotation made clear. (I'll hunt more diligently for it later on, today.)

Return to “Off Topic English”