Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Grim Lock
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Grim Lock » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 09:42

Grim Lock wrote:
Wed, 21. Aug 19, 16:10
Bishop149 wrote:
Wed, 21. Aug 19, 15:34
Grim Lock wrote:
Wed, 21. Aug 19, 09:34
I just look at Trump's tweets, and his descisions and go this man is blatantly obviously an asshole, why does me beeing frustraded at the fact that apparently enough Americans are ok with such an asshole make me the sufferer of a syndrome?
Its more than just frustration, it straight up cognitive dissonance
The following is a accurate paraphrasing of Trump's reality this week

"I'm cancelling a trip to Denmark because I'm annoyed they won't sell me Greenland, but hey at least I'm basically King of Israel!"

Is it really that hard to understand that combining this with the following: "An extremely large number of people think this man is not only fit to be President, but is also a good choice", causes people's assumption of basic rationality to break. Thus leading them to the inescapable conclusion that this is a result of widespread irrationality.

Edit: Ooooo I just saw something that phrased the general feeling pretty well: "I am no longer surprised that everything is bad but I can’t get used to everything also being so dumb"

Edit: Oh, and in his "Israeli Jews love me!" quotation he also parroted a bit that referred to himself as "the second coming". . . . . when talking about Jews. . . . the man is STUNNINGLY ignorant.
This BTW is the day after he tried paint the Democrats as the party of antisemitism by deploying an age old antisemitic trope himself, that of dual loyalty.
You kindoff lost me there, i have no idea what your actual point is.

"An extremely large number of people think this man is not only fit to be president, but is also a good choice" What do you mean by that, does the number of people agreeing with him mean i must acknowledge them? Or do you mean because there's that many people agreeing with him why do you not consider the option they might be right? Because i have considered that carefully and then rejected that idea, he might be right for some in the US, he is not for the WORLD!

And where did the jews and isreal come from suddenly?

And i especially still haven't a clue what you WOULD want to see? How can i say Trump is an asshole and the wrong choice without you getting uppety about it?
@Bishop, i'm sorry, i completely misread your post. Ill leave it here (because unlike trump i can own up to my mistakes HAA), but, again, sorry bout that.
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 13:03

I don't actually have an issue with a US strategic interest in controlling Greenland, and I can see that it might be of benefit to Denmark too. Obviously though that doesn't count the wishes of the people of Denmark, or more particularly those of Greenland. Anyway, the US bought Alaska. The US bought the Louisiana tract (I think that's what it's called)? In fact I think the last purchase of territory the US made was from.... Denmark (an island in the Caribbean / Atlantic?).

What I have an issue with is this being broached on Twitter, and then the petulant behaviour Trump exhibited when rebuffed.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 14:39

pjknibbs wrote:
Thu, 22. Aug 19, 08:54
felter wrote:
Wed, 21. Aug 19, 23:22
If the tables had been Turned and Denmark asked to buy lets say Texas, what do we all think he would say or do you think he would just say no.
Bad comparison, I'd say--Texas is far more integrated into the USA than Greenland is to Denmark. Maybe use Puerto Rico as your example?
Puerto Rico would be an even worse choice, as the question was what would Trump say, with Puerto Rico he would probably reply with "sure how much are you wanting to pay". Besides with everything that has happened in Puerto Rico since he became president, he would probably still ask if it was part of America. Anyway it doesn't really matter where it is, as it is more about what Trump would say and it certainly would not just be NO like he is saying Denmark should have just said.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 17:20

Mightysword wrote:
Thu, 22. Aug 19, 00:42
Just like how Trump not seeing himself as delusional I am sure. :)
Every statement can be tested and verified. We can check everything said here and we can check everything Trump says.

It's an easily solve-able question.

Mightysword wrote:
Thu, 22. Aug 19, 02:35
For the past 3 years this thread has been flooded with the "impeding doom by Trump" talk, so kinda late on that. On the record, nothing had really happened, and all those conspiracies had proven themselves to be little beyond self-indulge paranoia.
You have examples? because everything I recall that people feared had actually happened and worse than people feared.

So what didnt actually happen?
Mightysword wrote:
There was a period this thread was constantly bombarded with claim Trump will rewrite/break the Constitution and make himself a dictator. It was so much that I think the person in question secretly wish his fear to actually come true so his conspiracy can be validated. :wink:
That, I actually don't remember.
Last edited by fiksal on Thu, 22. Aug 19, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 17:21

Mightysword wrote:
Wed, 21. Aug 19, 02:06
Grim Lock wrote:
Tue, 20. Aug 19, 10:26
That's the thing about Trump, he doesn't prove or disprove anything, in his mind everything he said is true, or becomes true because he said it.
Just want to point something out: that seems to be a very typical Syndrome that also exhibit in just about every posters in this thread. :P
Just want to point something out: that seems to be a very typical syndrome exhibited by you also. :)

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 18:26

fiksal wrote:
Thu, 22. Aug 19, 17:20
Mightysword wrote:
There was a period this thread was constantly bombarded with claim Trump will rewrite/break the Constitution and make himself a dictator. It was so much that I think the person in question secretly wish his fear to actually come true so his conspiracy can be validated. :wink:
I certainly made comments about the risk of something like that happening (and I still think it's a risk), but risk shouldn't be confused with a statement that something will happen.
I can't breathe.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 18:40

RegisterMe wrote:
Thu, 22. Aug 19, 18:26
fiksal wrote:
Mightysword wrote:
I certainly made comments about the risk of something like that happening (and I still think it's a risk), but risk shouldn't be confused with a statement that something will happen.
Fair enough. While I think the risk is slow, he certainly shows and says that he'd not mind to change a few things in his favor.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 20:02

He has tried on numerous occasions to break the constitution, for example he has tried on several occasions to silence the press. Saying that, there is currently numerous legal court cases against what he has and is dong, and many of them are to do with him doing things that goes against the constitution. Remember he tried to get the FBI to get on his side and do as he said rather than what was right. He has tried to pervert the course of justice many a times, the list just goes on and on. So yes he has tried and the Republican party has backed him up on most occasions, wait actually all of them, so it's not just him that has tried to break the constitution but the whole republican party that has been trying to do it.

Since he came into the job, he has tried and luckily for America, he has failed in his attempt to become an American dictator. It has been mentioned many a times that what he was doing was in the confines of what a dictator would do and it is all there for the future to see and comment on.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 22. Aug 19, 21:49

I think Trump should buy Mexico, El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala. Since they are shithole countries, we could probably get them for pennies on the dollar. Immigration problem solved.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 00:10

Oh..... guess who's going to Denmark in a couple of months.....?

Yup. Obama.

I guess Trump is still worried about the size of his crowds.
I can't breathe.

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 03:02

RegisterMe wrote:
Thu, 22. Aug 19, 18:26
fiksal wrote:
Mightysword wrote:
I remember things like that being said about obama and bush. It seems to just be something people say to stir up hysteria. I think if you either live long enough to have heard it all before or just have a healthy skeptical mind you just get numb to the thought of panicking over anything. On the other side of things people who want to be outraged are going to seek out something to be outraged over. That is basically a huge chunk of our media. Finding or manufacturing things to be mad about is the national sport of a population that doesn't appreciate how exceptional their standard of living really is and what was paid to let them live it.
Who made that man a gunner?

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 11:10

Masterbagger wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 03:02
..... of a population that doesn't appreciate how exceptional their standard of living really is and what was paid to let them live it.
That last point I completely agree with. I agree, to an extent, with the rest of your post, but wouldn't go as far as you. From where I sit there are legitimate things to be worried about in the US at the moment. Pretending that there aren't is just as dangerous as over-egging them.
I can't breathe.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 12:56

Grim Lock wrote:
Thu, 22. Aug 19, 09:42
@Bishop, i'm sorry, i completely misread your post. Ill leave it here (because unlike trump i can own up to my mistakes HAA), but, again, sorry bout that.
Thats ok, I was indeed backing you up but prehaps I should have phrased it better.
Masterbagger wrote:
I remember things like that being said about obama and bush. It seems to just be something people say to stir up hysteria.
Small point: Obama did do this (I know less about Bush) . . . . up to a point. He dramatically strengthened and consolidated the powers of the Executive because the Legislative (in particular but also the Judiciary) was so often stacked against him.
Trump has now inherited that increased power, but doesn't really have that increased check of Congress to balance it (even now the house has flipped, because the democrat leadership is a mess), which makes his egomania and kleptocracy even more dangerous than it would have been 2 decades ago.
Mightysword wrote:
Eh you must be news to the thread. For the past 3 years this thread has been flooded with the "impeding doom by Trump" talk, so kinda late on that. On the record, nothing had really happened, and all those conspiracies had proven themselves to be little beyond self-indulge paranoia.
Ah, I see we've already forgotten the $2 trillion tax break he gave the billionaire class. Make no mistake, that absolutely fits the definition of "impending doom" . . . . it just won't really start to bite your society for about 10-20 years. But who cares right, this post is evidence that people can't even glance a mere two years into the past with any clarity so no one will correlate things in decades time will they? :roll:
Not to mention the damage he's doing to the US's role in combating climate change, at THIS point in history, even if Trump is just a 4 year hiccup he could prove catastrophic. But again, no one will make those correlations when it bites.
Just because tanks aren't rolling down the streets this very moment doesn't mean that immense damage isn't being wreaked . . . . .
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:38

If Trump were to purchase Greenland, would he claim everyone there isn't American and order ICE to deport them or are they white enough to let that slide?
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 16:48

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 15:38
If Trump were to purchase Greenland, would he claim everyone there isn't American and order ICE to deport them or are they white enough to let that slide?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenlandic_Inuit

Nope, I dont think he'd see them as white

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 23. Aug 19, 18:55

Let's see now....

1. Undermine the head of your central bank (somebody you appointed).
2. Call them an enemy.
3. Call the President of China an enemy.

in one tweet.
I can't breathe.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 24. Aug 19, 02:00

So Trump has said that American firms are to stop doing trade with China he has said that they are to stop any production they do in China and to bring that production back to the US.
Trump wrote:President Donald Trump says he has "hereby ordered" American companies to leave China, after Beijing announced plans to slap new tariffs on US goods.
Does this mean he is now bringing sanctions against China, because with the wording he is using that's what it sounds like to me.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Sat, 24. Aug 19, 02:09

Bishop149 wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 12:56
Ah, I see we've already forgotten the $2 trillion tax break he gave the billionaire class. Make no mistake, that absolutely fits the definition of "impending doom"
That's a lot of lie/misinformation/hyperbolic in just a few statement.

- First, it's 1.5trillion, and that's going by the most progressive/negative outlook (compiled by left leaning organizations) with forecast that put the average growth only at 0.7% per years that will add 1tril deficit due to loss revenue from the 1.5trillion break. A moderate estimate at 1.7% growth put the additional deficit at 450bil. And the most promising forecast (compiled by gov/right learning organization) at 2.9% per year show a net positive of 1.8tril. As always, pick one narrative that pleases your eardrum, mileage may vary and they're probably all wrong anyway.

- Second: while it's true the top 5% will see the biggest break, and the lowest 20 percentile will gain the least, the people in the middle 60 (20-80) still received a fair chunk on increase in after tax income.

So saying something like "$2 trillion tax break he gave the billionaire class" is hyperbolic in bad faith and you know it.

Not to mention the damage he's doing to the US's role in combating climate change, at THIS point in history, even if Trump is just a 4 year hiccup he could prove catastrophic. But again, no one will make those correlations when it bites.
Just because tanks aren't rolling down the streets this very moment doesn't mean that immense damage isn't being wreaked . . . . .
Right ... the signature on a paper that probably serve nothing more than a symbolic gesture, the lack of one gonna doom us all. 30 years later when the earth implode and humanity is doomed, it will be all because of the signature of one man ... Do you want to take a look at what has been happening in the US since Trump took office? Using the energy sector as an example:

http://css.umich.edu/factsheets/us-rene ... -factsheet

https://www.renewableenergyworld.com/ar ... .html#gref

On the tabloid (aka mainstream media) side:

of course you can expect something like this from https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/11/business ... index.html

But even Fx of all places ran this (rather useless article) a few days ago: https://www.foxbusiness.com/energy/us-r ... xpert-says

See that? I'm pretty sure the US still did and has been doing a hell lot more some other significant signatories of that treaty, and the momentum of the country had show no sign to revert the gain. When Trump pulled out of that treaty literally more than half of the states pledged to continue their effort no matter what the Federal government said. As I said above America is not a freaking monarchy or dictatorship, it will not rise or fall because of one man. And as I also said if people want real environmental progress, they should pay more attention to real action then PR efforts lambasting on the news.

And @Fiskal, you claim not remembering some of the things I mentioned in my earlier post. I had a mind to go dig up some examples for you, but I think this post right here is as good an example as any. :P
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 24. Aug 19, 05:55

RegisterMe wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 11:10
Masterbagger wrote:
..... of a population that doesn't appreciate how exceptional their standard of living really is and what was paid to let them live it.
That last point I completely agree with. I agree, to an extent, with the rest of your post, but wouldn't go as far as you. From where I sit there are legitimate things to be worried about in the US at the moment. Pretending that there aren't is just as dangerous as over-egging them.
In a very general sense you and me are similar people looking at the same stuff with different perspectives. All that separates us is that I have total in America. Whatever is coming we can handle it. There is nothing on Earth that outsmarts or outguns America. Let's keep it that way. We will solve our internal disputes our own way. Everything is good until Texas secedes.
fiksal wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 16:48
Vertigo 7 wrote:

Projecting racism. Playing the race card. Look at yourselves. You are the problem. Not Trump. You.
Who made that man a gunner?

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sat, 24. Aug 19, 06:18

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 24. Aug 19, 05:55
fiksal wrote:
Fri, 23. Aug 19, 16:48
Vertigo 7 wrote:

Projecting racism. Playing the race card. Look at yourselves. You are the problem. Not Trump. You.
Are you even replying to me?

Am I projecting Trump's racism or making fun of Trump's racism? Oh yes I am. How's that Greenland purchase coming there, buddy? Do you need a loan?

Return to “Off Topic English”