What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

esd
x3tc

Re: What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Post by esd » Sun, 22. Dec 19, 17:32

Well I finished it.
Spoiler
Show
So what on earth? They both were headed for the same homestead, but instead decided to run off into the forest, where she rushes into his arms despite never having seen him before.

Her elf friend just buggers off, and the farm wife brings her home after she steals her horse, which then died.
So... It was ok.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 22. Dec 19, 20:38

The Witcher games have nothing to do with the books, apart from the characters. The Author (Andrzej Sapkowski) had no say in any of the production of the games, as he sold the rights for the making of the games. Basically he got offered a lot of cash and went caching, sure here you go without realising what he was doing, also he is not happy about the games.

The televised series is more akin to the books where Andrzej Sapkowski actually had some input and say into what was being put into the telling of his stories, in other words he learned his lesson that greed does not always pay.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 12:31

felter wrote:
Sun, 22. Dec 19, 20:38
Basically he got offered a lot of cash and went caching, sure here you go without realising what he was doing, also he is not happy about the games.
He got a flat payment of a little bit of cash. Then last year, he sued (as allowed under Polish law) as the games were more successful than he anticipated (He'd already leased the rights once before to a company that did nothing with them), and got a big settlement from the developers.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 16:26

Golden_Gonads wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 12:31
He got a flat payment of a little bit of cash. Then last year, he sued (as allowed under Polish law) as the games were more successful than he anticipated (He'd already leased the rights once before to a company that did nothing with them), and got a big settlement from the developers.
Apparently he's been happy to sign another rights deal with them, though:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/1 ... _sapkowski

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 23:09

So I finished watching the Witcher, and I don't mind admitting, I rather enjoyed it, despite what the critics are saying.

I also suspect we will be seeing a lot more of Freya Allan (Ciri). She is actually 18, well 17 when it was being filmed, even though she is supposed to be playing a 12 year old Ciri, Just had to throw that in.

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 23:46

Enjoying S4 of The Expanse, but bloody hell the Belter language and accent does my head in. It's been my one massive annoyance with the series; I almost gave up on it mid way through S2 because of it.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 24. Dec 19, 17:32

Season 2 of Lost in Space is up on Netflix!
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 24. Dec 19, 20:04

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Tue, 24. Dec 19, 17:32
I do have my worries there - it took them a whole series to get lost in the first place! :rofl:

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 24. Dec 19, 20:05

esd wrote:
Tue, 24. Dec 19, 20:04
Vertigo 7 wrote:
I do have my worries there - it took them a whole series to get lost in the first place! :rofl:
lol really? I thought they got lost on the first episode. They just didn't figure out they were lost until a few episodes later lol
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Tue, 24. Dec 19, 21:16

Star Trek: Picard is out the 23rd of January on CBS All Access in the US, with it appearing a few hours later on Amazon Prime in the UK. It'll be released weekly, so no binge-watching it all in one go.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 24. Dec 19, 23:56

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Tue, 24. Dec 19, 20:05
esd wrote:
Tue, 24. Dec 19, 20:04
Vertigo 7 wrote:
lol really? I thought they got lost on the first episode. They just didn't figure out they were lost until a few episodes later lol
Nah, they knew where they were, they just weren't meant to be there! (Ofc, I might be remembering wrong!)

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 2. Jan 20, 02:38

Doctor Who season 12 episode 1 is up on the BBC website. All the Doctor Who episodes are still free to watch there also. UK region locked.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 4. Jan 20, 05:56

Dracula on BBC. The first episode was interesting in my opinion.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Wed, 8. Jan 20, 20:22

Star Wars Episode 4!

My significant other never really saw those movies. And it's now my job to explain the mythology of Star Wars.

I wonder if I am close to starting a FAQ thread for it.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 8. Jan 20, 21:17

Vikings on Prime. Getting a bit mystical in series 4, not sure I like that direction in something that is otherwise not half bad attempt at portraying Ragnar and his times.

berth
x4

Post by berth » Sat, 11. Jan 20, 01:27

Finished The Witcher (Netflix) and thoroughly enjoyed it. The first couple of episodes were kind of all over the place but after that it settled into its stride.

Recommended :thumb_up:

Also on Netflix is Messiah. Up to Ep 4 and so far so good. I hope they don't go for a cop out ending.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 02:33

Just finished watching The Mandalorian it is way far better than any of the films that Disney have released, by a long shot. Issues it's on Disney+ which most people cannot get and even if you can, do you really want it, especially after all the issues they had at release. Talking about release Disney+ is not released here in the UK till March 31. I got access to it from a friend, so it could be a wait till you will be able to watch it but it's pretty good for star wars and Disney and certainly worth a watch if you can watch it.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 14. Jan 20, 10:18

felter wrote:
Tue, 14. Jan 20, 02:33
Just finished watching The Mandalorian it is way far better than any of the films that Disney have released, by a long shot.
This is where we disagree strongly. Feel people are making a real effort to like this just so they can justify their dislike to the Saga movies. This series is OK at best, its shallow, the writing is SW Rebels level. The things that make this show OKish are the setting and the soundtrack. There are some good episodes but half of them are video game like fetch-quests, only missing the sound for the character upgrade and a skill tree. The mandalorian in on par with STD, lots of potential but its quality is strongly exaggerated due to some odd phenomena.

MFG

Ketraar

PS.: I liked Rebels better then the Madalorian, that show knew it was made for kids and did not try to fool me into being something else.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sun, 19. Jan 20, 22:10

It looks like Good Omens is appearing on the BBC website (UK region locked). Episode 1 is currently available.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... -beginning

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Wed, 22. Jan 20, 21:28

In the pipeline...

star trek picard starts this week 24th on amazon

inside no 9 new series this feb on the beeb.

and altered carbon series 2 27th feb to look forward to on netflix...

Return to “Off Topic English”