No Man's Sky

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alt3rn1ty
x4

No Man's Sky

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 18:20

Cant remember if there is a topic for this game, but it would probably be a very old Necro post ..

No Man's Sky has just had an update - Orbital Update

At long last the space stations have had an overhaul, and Guild Envoys to give us more to do.
There have been many bugs with space stations for about 7 years which Hellogames never addressed, probably due to plans to do this overhaul it would have been wasted effort.

Personally I'm going to give it a week before updating, typically for overhauls (and Expeditions when they become available) it takes a few weeks for all the issues caused by the update itself to be ironed out.

Biggest plus for this update, we now have a Starship editor. Something everyone has been crying out for years. Colours, wings, cockpits etcetera can all be changed now to make your own ideal Starship. Though you have to find all the necessary parts from crashed starships and scrapping, so it does take away some exploration trying to find the ideal ship, but then adds to exploration finding all the parts.

Looks like a very nice update overall. :D
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: No Man's Sky

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 20:01

.. And as per normal, there have been a flurry of rapid depot updates on steam, Experimental, Public and Internal since the update was made public. The usual Hellogames "oh my!" patches to the update, happens every time :).
Cant blame them though, keeping on top of everything in a Procedurally generated game must be a nightmare. And now they have to support far more problems on different platforms than they started with in 2016. Personally I think they bit off more than they can chew, but they do eventualy catch up.
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

Seeker of Sohnen.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 22:48

You can't really be mad or angry at Hello Games, I mean, just how many free updates and content have they dolled out for No Man's Sky. Can you imagine the likes of EA, Ubisoft, Microsoft or any f the other games companies doing the same while they charge extortionate numbers for their microtransactions so even if No Man's Sky release is a mess they soon sort it out, and they do it for free.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 22:57

Funny enough I learned about that update today as well =) Looks good, wish them all of luck.

Playing NMS isn't my cup of tea anymore though - I'm way too spoiled by X4 and Starfield. I just can't stand the childish character design and the MMO-like grind system. But I appreciate Hello Games as a developer and would further support them - but they hand out all their updates for free :o

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Alerion_V.X3
x3tc

Post by Alerion_V.X3 » Wed, 27. Mar 24, 23:18

I watched the trailer. Looks interesting. Maybe I'll pop in again sometime. It must have been almost two years since my last visit.

It certainly doesn't have the depth of an X4 or a Medieval Dynasty, which I'm currently playing intensively, but it's still one of the games I always like to come back to.

Hello Games is also a great developer, the expansions are often very far-reaching and so far always free. Great! :D

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 28. Mar 24, 01:28

felter wrote:
Wed, 27. Mar 24, 22:48
You can't really be mad or angry at Hello Games
Erm, who's mad or angry ???.
Love the game since day 1, and Hellogames have stuck to their promises for over 7 years now, they have done far better than any triple A company.
When the internet was raging about multiplayer, I was thinking "Wait and see guys", they came through with everything promised as Sean Murray said they would.

For me this update has also fixed some very long term issues. You wont find these in the latest patch notes for 4.60/4.61/4.62 released today :

AI Starships flying into or out of Space Stations no longer fly through the roof/walls of the entrance tunnel.
Your characters feet no longer sink into landing pads.
Long wings on Starships no longer clip the sides/balconies of Space stations.
LOD of vendor shop fronts/counters are no longer graphically glitchy.

Thats all the undocumented really old issue fixes I have seen so far, need to play a lot more but need sleep.
The lighting fixes though are really nice and noticeable for long term players.

Seeker of Sohnen.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 28. Mar 24, 01:59

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Thu, 28. Mar 24, 01:28
felter wrote:
Wed, 27. Mar 24, 22:48
You can't really be mad or angry at Hello Games
Erm, who's mad or angry ???.
Love the game since day 1, and Hellogames have stuck to their promises for over 7 years now, they have done far better than any triple A company.
When the internet was raging about multiplayer, I was thinking "Wait and see guys", they came through with everything promised as Sean Murray said they would.
That wasn't aimed at you or anyone person in particular, it was meant more that Hello Games are pretty good at looking after their customers, then you also have to take in that when they originally launched the game the amount of hate and anger they took was pretty high, they were looked upon as being the bad guys but no one can say that now or at least shouldn't be, not that I'm saying anyone is, but as I said it wasn't aimed at you. :mrgreen:
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 28. Mar 24, 07:57

Ah I see, I thought it was a reply to my posts, and fair enough the game has caused a lot of emotions in the past.
Though I didn't understand how bad people got, Hellogames receiving death threats just over a games failure to deliver in some ways .. Beggars belief, some people are so materialistic/selfish and didn't care about the humans on the receiving end. Horrible humans.
Ah well thats all in the past thankfully, and reddit is pretending to be a nice crowd of people again :D

Seeker of Sohnen.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Thu, 28. Mar 24, 08:01

The player can not scrap exotic, pirate or living ships, for blueprints, only the basic models. Also,it appears, that the player can not take a fighter part and use it to build an explorer, so it looks like there are type restrictions.
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 28. Mar 24, 08:13

Yes I also had a quick dabble with the ship editors, we have the usual Starship Upgrades station which remains the same as always.
And now we have the new editor, which you need to collect parts for to use. I was hoping to change my pre-order DLC Horizon Omega (Now called Nojoses Crystal Folly after Hellogames made a few changes to it) back to its original nice Blue colour, instead of its sort of lilac tinted blue that it changed to. But I couldn't immediately see how to do that apart from having to go and get parts to build a new ship entirely.
I'm also hoping we can build the perfect Sentinel type ship too, but it might also be one of the restricted types.
Maybe it needs further development and this is what they have at the moment.

Seeker of Sohnen.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Thu, 28. Mar 24, 09:58

I've just tried to salvage parts from my sentinel craft, and it was greyed out, so they too are restricted.
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 28. Mar 24, 18:32

chew-ie wrote:
Wed, 27. Mar 24, 22:57
~ But I appreciate Hello Games as a developer and would further support them - but they hand out all their updates for free :o
Something new they announced recently is their next big project ..
https://lightnofire.com/
.. Don't know when it will be released, but its one earth sized (scale 1:1) planet to explore.

Again all the content will be procedurally generated, but it sounds like they will be able to make this with more diversity of flora/fauna as its only for the one planet.

I think we have been getting hints of it in NMS for a while, in the form of the styles of equipment being included for expeditions updates (such as the Staff style multitools Dissonance introduced).
My youngest daughter likes the look of this, reminds her of Ark.
Coming from Hellogames you know they will polish it for years.

Wishlist on steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/2719 ... t_No_Fire/
Haven't seen any GOG pages for it yet.
Last edited by alt3rn1ty on Thu, 28. Mar 24, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

Seeker of Sohnen.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 28. Mar 24, 18:39

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Thu, 28. Mar 24, 18:32
chew-ie wrote:
Wed, 27. Mar 24, 22:57
~ But I appreciate Hello Games as a developer and would further support them - but they hand out all their updates for free :o
Something new they announced recently is their next big project ..
https://lightnofire.com/
.. Don't know when it will be released, but its one earth sized (scale 1:1) planet to explore.
Yeah, read about that, too. No interest in yet another survival game tbh - will skip that one.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 30. Mar 24, 17:24

Terre wrote:
Thu, 28. Mar 24, 09:58
I've just tried to salvage parts from my sentinel craft, and it was greyed out, so they too are restricted.
Yep also found the same. Shame as its one of the few ship types which can come to a hover while flying. Oh well I'm happy with the one I found anyway.

I can understand the choices they made making this ship editor the way it is, so as not to ruin anyones exploration to find unique ships, but having to lug around parts to create a new ship (as opposed to letting us have an unlocked blueprint for those parts) seems a bit of a pain.

Also I know this editor is for creating new ships and not editing your current starship, but the community is still crying out for the ability to edit at the very least your current starships colour.

Oh well, we shall see if Hellogames has a change of heart and modifies things a bit in future, but I'm guessing it will not change much because Hellogames will have thoroughly discussed the designs and reasoning long ago for this editor.

Love the new decoration modules for Bases/Freighters, my Freighter has a couple of ships computer rooms and those new server blocks/transformers etcetera have just overhauled those.
And the new space stations have squished all my previous bug reports on stations.
Hellogames takes ages to address things, but they really do come through with the goods eventually.

--------------

Wish list :

One exceedingly long mission, which would probably take a few years realtime to complete. Anyone remember the original Elite, not just the endeavor to get to Elite status, but the Mission which only unlocked after so much time in game had elapsed, and each stage doubled that amount of time before it progressed to the next stage. Maybe something like an Expedition which doesn't have a time limit, and doesn't require a new game start, which involves many stages in the story and at least one galactic jump before you get to the end of it. Something meaty to chase, maybe having a UFO Starship as the prize :).

Expeditions are ok, but they are getting a bit repetitive, and short. The only thing that keeps us doing them is the bone they throw in the form of unique starships (I scrapped the Star runner from the most recent expedition, it would just have been taking up hangar space) and other throw aways like banners etcetera. Main thing I do them for is the Expedition Decal which I can import into my main save and adorn the Freighters Captains Quarters, got every one of them so far.

Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “Off Topic English”