BSG, Firefly, Farscape

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rapier
x3tc

Re: BSG, Firefly, Farscape

Post by Rapier » Mon, 26. Nov 18, 23:59

muppetts wrote:
Mon, 26. Nov 18, 18:49
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Firefly-Damn-H ... +Damn+Hero

Firefly book alert, just came out and was on their facebook
If only someone hadn't locked this topic.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 04:14

Morkonan wrote:
Mon, 26. Nov 18, 19:45
A hearty congratulations on your Dragoncon! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

PS- If you're not familiar with the area, one bit of advice - Never, ever, drive yourself anywhere in Atlanta

Indeed a few years too late :)

If mods permit we can reminisce a little.

I actually used to live in Atlanta, moved couple years after that. And since then I've been to every Dragon Con since. I've raised stakes at partying a few more times - slept in the atrium on a couch in Marriott in a kick ass subzero costume. More than once.

And yep, I drove in Atlanta too :)

I dont live there now, as the company I worked for, no longer has a presence there. But I come back when I can, as I still have many friends there. To DragonCon, I havent been back in last a couple years, but I plan on next one - ish.

it's a long shot, but we could make it happen?

---

oh and Gigi.

Still have a crash on her, she is so awesome in person. When she jumped out of her table to pose for several photos with me, that was a highlight of that trip and a few since.

Only to be matched by Katee Sackhoff, who had a more professional photo taken with me. So hot.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 14:49

lol, hey - long time no chat, glad to see you are still doing well and having a good time.

Nice title, will probably be rewatching all of the above over the next few weeks for those inspirational moments.
Which one to watch first will be the tough choice.

Dragon Con sounds fun, why haz I not heard of it before? :/
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 16:32

Lyth wrote:
Fri, 30. Nov 18, 14:49
lol, hey - long time no chat, glad to see you are still doing well and having a good time.

Nice title, will probably be rewatching all of the above over the next few weeks for those inspirational moments.
Which one to watch first will be the tough choice.

Dragon Con sounds fun, why haz I not heard of it before? :/
True, somehow our posts dont intersect :) Though not that I post often either.

DragonCon is quite a lot of fun, and since this original post 10 years ago, I've been to a few. If you make it a point to visit one, I can give a quick run down of what-s and how-to-s.

It's more fun to go with friends too.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 17:26

Yeah, grats on having your thread necro'd! :)

I last went about five years ago.. ish? I met Peter Jurasik, but didn't take any pics or anything. (I don't do the whole "take a picture with the stars" thing. But, I will donate or buy a autographed pic.) He was a really nice guy, laughing it up with the fans, smiling the whole time. It was heartwarming to see how much he appeared to enjoy everything. I bought some stuff, too, but I don't remember wtf it was.

A friend and I went and we split off from his wife and her friend and roamed all over. We went to some round-table on some sciencey stuff, don't remember what it was but.. meh. Should have gone to the comic or some sci-fi presentation I bet. I really liked looking through all the stuff that people were selling. Oooh, one thing I really enjoyed was seeing all the old-school D&D stuff - People were selling all the back issues of all the old Dragon and Dungeon mags as well as all the old modules! Figurines, collectibles, art, etc, really cool stuff to buy at Dragoncon. Lots of comic book and graphic novel artists are there, as well, and some do custom work "while you wait." Really cool! In short - It's all really cool!

Dragoncon is awesome. Anyone interested in going should be very sure to get there for the parade!

http://www.dragoncon.org/?q=parade

Dragoncon Parade: 3200 participants, 65,000 spectators. (Do a google image search to get an idea of what you'll see!

And, if you're younger than I am and are interested in the crazy darn parties that go on "after hours" during Dragoncon, make sure to book rooms at one of the many nearby hotels far in advance. You will not regret it. You won't... really you won't. Those things get crazy. If you have yet to experience physical intimacy with someone besides yourself and don't mind "crazy," well there ya go... :) Also - Be sure to get there early for registration - The lines are long. (They move fairly briskly, once it starts, though.)

I lived part of the time as a kid on Peachtree street, downtown. Part of my college life was spent in Atlanta, too. I have friends there and visit fairly often. (Or did. Haven't been there this year due to stuffs getting in the way.)

Atlanta is an awesome town, it just sucks. :) Living in one of the satellite areas is optimal, but it still take three hours to get any darn place you'd want to go.

As the next ones comes upon us, it might be a good idea to resurrect the thread to see if anyone wants to get together for it or at least have lunch or something.

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 02:40

Would there be pizza and margarita shooters at such an event?
Who made that man a gunner?

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 03:31

muppetts wrote:
Mon, 26. Nov 18, 18:49
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Firefly-Damn-H ... +Damn+Hero

Firefly book alert, just came out and was on their facebook
Interesting book. Gotta see where it falls in timeline

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:25

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 02:40
Would there be pizza and margarita shooters at such an event?
Absolutely! If they did not exist, the Universe would create them naturally...

ZPE has often been mistaken by laypeople to mean "Zero Point Energy" when, in fact, it stands for "z" Pizza Energy, the "Z" standing for the "Z" brand of tequila. Though, thanks to Einstein, we know that Z can be easily converted to any other letter.

Return to “Off Topic English”