How to limit frame rate in x3tc?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Diamonddragon
x3tc

Post by Diamonddragon » Tue, 21. Sep 10, 20:02

A reliable way to force VSync is by installing RivaTuner. Once installed, there is a program called D3DOverrider. Using this, you can force VSync for any game. At least it works with the Witcher, didn't try it with TC.
Es ist nicht das Schicksal, was die Zukunft bestimmt.
Script- und Modliste

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Tue, 21. Sep 10, 20:48

In respect to the OPs traumatic issue, and after much soul searching, I hereby agree to swap computers with him and the problem is solved... To underline my benign act I'll even pay the postage and throw in my younger sister.

....Well this is the Off Topic Forum, it doesn't seem right to have an entire thread without a pointless post that only gratified the equally pointless Gavrushka.. :)
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

fintoozler
x3tc

Post by fintoozler » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 07:38

A simple solution would seem to be to underclock your graphics card, y'know move the slider in the tools all the way to the left instead of the right.

I know it's not a perfect fix but it might slow things down enough.

Also on the overheating thing. I have encountered cards where the factory cooling is just plain inadequate, like an ATI 4350 with a passive heatsink

-stop laughing at me!-

My solution was to grab the CPU fan off an old celeron 1600 and slap it on the passive heatsink and it works like a charm.

-no really stop laughing-

Anyway it seems to be the case with high end cards that after market cooling is often a good idea (I mean a proper job, not like just slapping a bit from a wreck on it).

DeadlyDarkness
x3tc

Post by DeadlyDarkness » Wed, 22. Sep 10, 12:16

My solution was to grab the CPU fan off an old celeron 1600 and slap it on the passive heatsink and it works like a charm.
I'm laughing, but probably not for the reason you might assume.

My Gcard fan was taken from a CPU fan, superglued to a piece of plastic and then screwed into the heatsink. What's so awesome is that it spins 2x faster than the old fan so my card is 54 degrees C at 100% load. This compares to around 90 degrees from a stock 4850.

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Sun, 26. Sep 10, 06:54

not sure if this problem was ever solved, but you might want to try

this program

you can limit your framerate to whatever you want using it.
Hektos

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Sun, 26. Sep 10, 08:01

fintoozler wrote:
-stop laughing at me!-

Lol
Well i mounted the old stock heatsink of a athlon xp to my old laptop to keep the cpu cool.
And at work a fan failed of the gfx card of the server.
Not a problem i slapped the old heatsink on it from my old radeon1650 and soldered the fan wires to the old fan connector.
Works like a charm.

travisdh1
x3tc

Post by travisdh1 » Mon, 27. Sep 10, 16:03

xeon_1 wrote:
fintoozler wrote:
-stop laughing at me!-

Lol
Well i mounted the old stock heatsink of a athlon xp to my old laptop to keep the cpu cool.
And at work a fan failed of the gfx card of the server.
Not a problem i slapped the old heatsink on it from my old radeon1650 and soldered the fan wires to the old fan connector.
Works like a charm.
Now that's not what I call funny, that's just brilliant :wink:

starship02
x3tc

Re: How to limit frame rate in x3tc?

Post by starship02 » Thu, 22. Nov 18, 16:59

I know, this thread is quite old. But because of my own experience on my new system, i post my solution here. Hope this helps others with the same problem:

For newer AMD cards (i have an RX470) there is also a new "Radeon Software", where one can set such options. If i just force "vsync" there, it does also not working, and X3TC climbing up to insane high fps. But "Radeon Settings" also have an option called "Frame Rate Target Control" in the same tab as you can the vsync option. Enable FRTC and set it to 60 fps works like a charme, i have now 60 fps in X3TC.

Maybe this helps others and eventually the nvidia settings have something similiar? I don't know for sure about nvidia, because i have none, sorry.
Datenschutz ist ein Grundrecht. Niemand muss sich dafür rechtfertigen, dieses Grundrecht in Anspruch zu nehmen.
Ich nehme dieses Grundrecht für mich in Anspruch. Basta!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: How to limit frame rate in x3tc?

Post by CBJ » Thu, 22. Nov 18, 17:20

That's three 8 year old threads you've dredged up to post the same answer. One would have been more than enough.

Return to “Off Topic English”