Random News not worthy of own thread

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Warenwolf
x4

Re: Random News not worthy of own thread

Post by Warenwolf » Wed, 13. Dec 23, 23:55

fiksal wrote:
Wed, 13. Dec 23, 04:33
left who are not liberal, nationalist, and are symphasizers of another country's nationist / fascist ideology. Havent seen that sort of political party in awhile in Europe
Ideologically this is nothing new and has been in the wind in long time on both sides of the Atlantic. You will see more of it in the politics in the future.

As to geopolitical views far right and far left have lot in common when it comes to their views on Putin's Russia - waay before Putin's latest foreign "adventure". I'll let people draw their own conclusions on why.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 14. Dec 23, 00:16

Warenwolf wrote:
Wed, 13. Dec 23, 23:55
fiksal wrote:
Wed, 13. Dec 23, 04:33
left who are not liberal, nationalist, and are symphasizers of another country's nationist / fascist ideology. Havent seen that sort of political party in awhile in Europe
Ideologically this is nothing new and has been in the wind in long time on both sides of the Atlantic. You will see more of it in the politics in the future.

As to geopolitical views far right and far left have lot in common when it comes to their views on Putin's Russia - waay before Putin's latest foreign "adventure". I'll let people draw their own conclusions on why.
fair enough,

I targeted a pretty narrow band in my comment, skipping over other cases
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 21. Dec 23, 23:39

So apparently the egg-heads (^^) found out that some previous assumptions about our predecessors / the stone age have to be corrected.

"Oldest Fortresses in the World Discovered": https://www.fu-berlin.de/en/presse/info ... index.html

Further field research is not possible right now as some russian extremist is having his killing spree :roll:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

KarlSten
xr

Post by KarlSten » Mon, 25. Dec 23, 09:38

Fallout London, a mod for Fallout 4, will be released on 23.04.2024.

Well, I guess, there is finally a good reason to buy Fallout 4 and play it through till then. No stress there... :D

Fallout London - Official Release Announcement

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 4. Jan 24, 23:28

I had debated if it's for Ukraine thread, it's own, and settled down on neither

that guy was in power for 30 years. And while I haven't kept tabs on events in Belarus, it's seems they are completing with Russia

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... rosecution
The law significantly tightens requirements for presidential candidates and makes it impossible to elect opposition leaders who have fled to neighbouring countries in recent years. Only citizens of Belarus who have permanently resided in the country for at least 20 years and have never had a residence permit in another country are eligible to run

According to the text of the new law, Lukashenko, were he to leave power, “cannot be held accountable for actions committed in connection with exercising his presidential powers”.

The law also says the president and members of his family will be provided with lifelong state protection, medical care, and life and health insurance. After resigning, the president would also become a permanent lifelong member of the upper house of parliament.

The opposition leader Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya, who fled to neighbouring Lithuania in 2020, said the new law was Lukashenko’s response to his “fear of an inevitable future”, suggesting Lukashenko must be concerned about what would happen to him when he left power.

“Lukashenko, who ruined the fates of thousands of Belarusians, will be punished according to international law, and no immunity will protect him against this, it’s only a matter of time,” Tsikhanouskaya said.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 00:52

Doesn't really matter too much, as I expect the only way Lukashenko is going to leave his power grab is at the pointed end of a gun.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 16:56

Damn, imagine all those space games that needs to be recolored and people 10 years from now wondering what's with the odd color:
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-67892275

Egosoft need to patch all their games :D

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 18:14

Heh.. greenish mean time :mrgreen:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 21:09

felter wrote:
Fri, 5. Jan 24, 00:52
Doesn't really matter too much, as I expect the only way Lukashenko is going to leave his power grab is at the pointed end of a gun.
True and exactly what makes it weird that he felt he needed that law.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sat, 6. Jan 24, 16:24

Warenwolf wrote:
Fri, 5. Jan 24, 21:09
felter wrote:
Fri, 5. Jan 24, 00:52
True and exactly what makes it weird that he felt he needed that law.
he is maybe creating himself an out where he passes power to someone else that will follow in his footsteps

and disguise all those transitions as "laws"

I think many years ago there was a talk about similar immunity law for Putin

also the same law also banned already banned opposition

KarlSten
xr

Post by KarlSten » Tue, 12. Mar 24, 10:03

On April 10 Turbo Kid, the game to the movie with the same name, is going to be released. It's a metroidvania with nice pixel art graphics, lots of gore and great synthwave music by Le Matos. There is currently a lengthy demo one can try which makes a good impression. The only downside is that there is no mouse aim.

Game trailer: https://youtu.be/L4d86gLdMDI
Game main title: https://youtu.be/or9MCEzUgZs
Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1733250/Turbo_Kid/

Return to “Off Topic English”