Anime/Manga Review

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Antilogic
x3tc

Re: Anime/Manga Review

Post by Antilogic » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 17:14

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 03:56

Netflix has released series 3 of the seven deadly sins. I'm about half way through and it's pretty good unlike series 2 which is pretty naff. This time at least it has a story spanning over all 24 episode, rather than just the 4 stories. It's worth a watch, if you have never watched it start with the first series, missing out the second one doesn't really loose anything.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Thu, 25. Oct 18, 16:45

Last season, Overlord season 3 and Attack on Titan season 3 were brilliant. Steins;Gate 0 was a bit of a let down.

This season, Zombieland saga seems good. Slime seems ok and Bunny girl could be really good.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Thu, 25. Oct 18, 16:47

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 27. Nov 18, 01:16

Not done one here for a while. Anyway I've been watching sword art online alicization, only up to episode 5 and it's getting interesting. You can watch it for free on crunchyroll (linked) and the free version is even in 1080 which I was surprised at as they normally only do the free version in 480. Only thing, it is one week behind the premium paid account they get to see the next episode a week in advance, but who cares. It's up to episode 8 and episode 9 is out on December 1st. I think there is only 12 episodes so the whole series is nearly finished, if you want to wait and binge watch the whole thing. The series itself has a different feel about it but all the usual characters are there and it introduces Eugeo and of course Alice.

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 14:53

Goblin Slayer, for classic anime/manga fans.
Your lie in April, currently available on EU Netflix.
Castlevania, Netflix original, highly recommend.
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 21:00

Got another one and it's once again free to watch on Crunchyroll That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. Don't let the title fool you, it's actually quite good. It is till being aired and the free version is up to episode 10 while the premium is on 11, there is also an English version on Funimation, I can't link that one but it's only up to episode 7 I think. The title kind of gives it away, as it is about a Japanese man who dies and is reincarnated as a slime on another world.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 5. Jan 19, 23:53

The final episode of the free to view version of Goblin Slayer was released earlier on today on Crunchyroll, if you have not been watching it then do so now as it is pretty darn good, even if I do say so myself.

I really don't know what Sony was thinking when they ended the deal with Crunchyroll, they are going to miss out on some great Anime by doing so.

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 02:15

I have to wait a week for next RWBY episode now in a state of terror for my favourite character.

Cliffhangers man.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 21:46

Just finished watching Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! on Netflix, basically it's the run of the mill Pokémon movie not great, not bad, that sort of thing. The film itself is a rehash of the very first Pokémon series but I have some issues with it. The story itself is messed up, while they do follow certain parts of the first series, where they take certain episodes and crush them down to a five minutes telling of that episode and by doing so it misses out the feeling of those episodes. They have also changed a lot of the story, the main ones being where they have changed some of the characters, for example ash's main training adversary in the first series was a guy called Paul, well he has changed to someone called cross. Also his two original travelling companions, Misty and Brock no longer exist, they have been replaced by Verity and Sorrel while Gary Oak is neither mentioned or replaced. Now all three characters kind of follow the same lines as the originals, kind of but they are different and with it being a 90 minute movie compared to 82 22 minute episodes that made up the first series, it's hard to get a feeling for them.

As I said it it's an okay film, worth a watch if you watch the Pokémon stuff or your a kid. In the end though I think it is just a cash grab that just messes up the Pokémon lore. To be honest, I think they should never have made the movie.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Sat, 12. Jan 19, 15:48

This season I'm watching a bunch of different shows but the ones I'd encourage people to watch are:
- Domestic na Kanojo (romance)
- Dororo (horror/action)
- Boogiepop wa Warawanai (horror/mystery)
- Yakusoku no Neverland (horror/sci-fi)
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Sun, 27. Jan 19, 01:36

There's a light that shines
And it's power is mine!
Though our body's weak and breakable
The spirit is indomitable!

I'm gonna be a mess for 8 months until RWBY is back. 9/10 Season, outstanding stuff.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 17:20

Another good one to watch, Children of the Whales, it's on Netflix and it's been dubbed into English. Of course if you want you could always watch it in Japanese with subtitles if that's your thing.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 05:11

Watching Girls und Panzer. A bit salty on how I missed this little gem until now. If Patton were a firm maker or Michael Bay were a tank commander, I think it would look something like this or this:)
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 17. Mar 19, 17:21

Got another good one The Rising of the Shield Hero once again free to watch on Crunchyroll it's on episode 9, 10 for premium users and according to AniDB there are 25 episodes, so a few more to go. It's another one where the main character is transported to another world and has to become the hero while not being the hero. I'm not really any good at doing reviews so here's AniDB's take on it.
Iwatani Naofumi is an uncharismatic otaku who spends his days on games and manga, suddenly finds himself summoned to a parallel universe! He discovers he is one of four heroes equipped with legendary weapons and tasked with saving the world from its prophesied destruction. As the Shield Hero, the weakest of the heroes, all is not as it seems. Naofumi is soon alone, penniless, and betrayed. With no one to turn to, and nowhere to run, he is left with only his shield. Now, Naofumi must rise to become the legendary Shield Hero and save the world!

Return to “Off Topic English”