Elite: Dangerous looks better already!

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alee Enn
x4

Post by Alee Enn » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 19:30

RegisterMe wrote:OK, I have absolutely no idea what I am doing :).

Loads of controls I haven't configured but suspect I need to. Got killed in the second mission. Tried multi-player, couldn't figure out how to ask for docking permission so docked anyway and got blown up.
When you're sat outside the station in their no fire zone, look on the left panel, under the contacts tab, select the station and a menu should come up with "Request Docking Permission". Once granted you have 10 minutes to get in and dock.
Formerly "Alien Tech Inc."

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 20:55

OK, managed that. Amazing what hitting spacebar will do for you! Then went to a "low intensity comflict zone" and took about ten minutes to kill a Cobra for a 250Cr bounty. On my way back I fluffed up getting out of supercruise and got "interdicted" by an NPC that used some kind of freeze / immobility thing on me and promptly died.

Looks good, very good in fact. But I think it could provide a little more hand holding (mind you it is still in beta :)).
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Sun, 13. Jul 14, 21:17

RM - I found setting the flight controls up to mimic X3 helped me no end! :)

Alee Enn
x4

Post by Alee Enn » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 09:27

They have yet to make a proper instruction manual. Once they do, things like how to dock will be explained. I am sure anything not explained by Frontier can be asked on their forum and many people will try to answer your questions.

Also, keeping an eye on their Youtube channel might help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey22m463104
Formerly "Alien Tech Inc."

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 18:06

I'd rather the smaller community here to be honest :). To that end, will anything "earned" in beta be carried forwards to live?
I can't breathe.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 19:18

Not an expert, but I wouldn't have thought so. From what I've heard restarts have been required for many of the new versions, so I'd be surprised if this wasn't the case again.
mrbadger wrote:Anyway, it's Star Wars, this is important....

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 19:27

Tycow wrote:RM - I found setting the flight controls up to mimic X3 helped me no end! :)
You can actually do something like that? Because I tried it several times with older betas and finally just dropped it because I have to figure out new controls and I have better stuff to do at the moment.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 22:03

RegisterMe wrote: Then went to a "low intensity comflict zone" and took about ten minutes to kill a Cobra for a 250Cr bounty.
This is why i haven't backed this game yet. 250credits is nothing in
the game, but fighting a cobra is a high risk since they are the most powerful non-captialship
currently ingame. And it's my opinion that XR and ED suffers from the same issues,
not enough reward compared to risk.
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 22:06

Well.... thinking back on it I think it was a Sidewinder, not a Cobra. And, if anything, this is about as easy as it comes to tweak gameplay wise. So I wouldn't write it off because of the "I'm a noob" comment I made a post or two above.

Hard isn't bad.
I can't breathe.

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 22:12

I've been following plenty of "gameplays" released, and when it comes to bounty, the "Juice isn't worth the squeeze".
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 02:02

If the "juice ain't worth the squeeze" then you need to find other fruits. This applies to real life as much as it probably does to Elite-life, as it possibly does to your "location" ;-).
I can't breathe.

Memnoch

Post by Memnoch » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 03:05

RegisterMe wrote:I'd rather the smaller community here to be honest :). To that end, will anything "earned" in beta be carried forwards to live?
No, but after Beta there is the Gamma phase. It is hoped by FD that progress here will carry over to Retail release and beyond. They have stated that something really bad that needs to be fixed might be the only reason why yet another "final" wipe would be required at that stage.

inreality
x3ap

Post by inreality » Sun, 20. Jul 14, 17:29

Bought ED premium beta now - I'm in a complete hype state - will probably skip Rebirth completely, have bought it, was extremely disappointed. Hope for a better X one day.

spankahontis
x4

Elite: Dangerous showing off Cockpit Interiors

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 21. Jul 14, 23:19

I saw this and was like Wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiTRJpvbmhU
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 21. Jul 14, 23:45

It's shaping up well by the look of the fan videos. No NDA, full view of working and semi-working features for potential customers. Egosoft take note :) That is how it is done in this decade ;)
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 00:29

Looking very nice indeed.

You know, when E:D was first announced I dismissed it, given the regular jibes about Elite 4 being vapourware, and that it seemed to be obviously jumping on the Star Citizen bandwagon. Since then, Star Citizen seems to be getting drunk on its own success (I have a dark suspicion that they will keep on adding features until the game either never comes out, or is a disorganised mess that everyone had forgotten about when it does) whereas David Braben seems to have made a solid, realistic plan and is sticking to it. Good on him.

Shame X Rebirth didn't live up to its promise, though.

terrannz
x4

Post by terrannz » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 01:23

These look great if they're real.

Egosoft could make the rebirth interiors look better in a patch. The graphic quality is there outside the ship so it's possible.

muppetts
x3tc

Post by muppetts » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 07:59

VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Elite: Dangerous showing off Cockpit Interiors

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 09:14

spankahontis wrote:I saw this and was like Wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiTRJpvbmhU
Looks nice.

But, does it mean anything? Will those cockpits enhance the gameplay experience? I dunno... Flashy graphics and cool 3D is one thing, but the meat is in the play. IF the overhead necessary to render these cockpits in real-time, or whatever time, is worth it, then that's all good. But, if I end up spending all of my time looking out the windows, anyway, and the cockpits are just there for eyecandy, then it's a waste of resources that could be better used for awesome 'splosions or nicely bouncing boobs somewhere.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Tue, 22. Jul 14, 10:27

X Universe still has 2 unique selling points if they can be added to XR or the next product:

- By not going procedural they can generate more custom environments and detail simulation in theory, but its slow and manually intensive to achieve. To some extent we have this in the station and zone design of XR but it needs to go much further especially with the interior station designs.

- Neither ED nor SC are really exploring the massive potential for strategic and tactical command of fleets.

X Universe needs to evolve into a first person 4x to survive, the bread and butter gameplay has to be growing your assets and capabilities and then using that in the sand box to meet your objectives against smart opponents.

Return to “Off Topic English”