Elite: Dangerous (continued)

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sun, 5. Feb 17, 23:43

Redvers Ganderpoke wrote:I'm a bit sad at how the storyline is progressing it seems that FD got a bit wrong footed by someone finding the alien ruins before they should by using the skybox in the trailer to find the planet. Either the clues they have planted are very hard to find or discover or the community is being incredible dense we haven't been able to find clues to "other" ruins locations. FD threw a bone in the shape pf a a two week Community Goal (CG) to collect data from the known ruins to help locate the other ruins. The CG was finished in a few days and we've been told what systems the ruins are in. Only problem is that's all we have and the only way to find the new ruins is to search manually using eyeball mk1.
ya its a problem for ED, no way to dress it up otherwise. I think they are finding their way tbh but yes it could have been handled better.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Mon, 6. Feb 17, 09:31

Yesterday evening all the mission offers stopped being generated, I tried about four different stations, but nothing, I'm on neutral terms with them. Anybody else had this happen to them?
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Mon, 6. Feb 17, 11:26

damn those prismatic shields are expensive, stocking up on a few of each has set me back nearly a billion credits :o

Dupin

Post by Dupin » Tue, 14. Feb 17, 23:04

Dupin

Post by Dupin » Thu, 16. Feb 17, 20:47

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 7. Jul 17, 21:57

can't believe there has not been a post made on here since February.

Been playing it again myself haven't actually played it for some time, just landed on my first planet, spent most of my time trying to figure out what the hell was happening and how to find things still haven't found anything. Want to go and look at some of the alien crash sites that's my current target.

Anyway I had some time to burn earlier on and I ended up on the ED store and I noticed some freebies so I thought I would post them here.

Powerplay Decal Pack

Military Flight Suit Pack

Don't know how long they have been free or if anyone is interested, but I thought I would post them anyway, just because they are free. :D
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Sun, 9. Jul 17, 20:27

felter wrote:can't believe there has not been a post made on here since February.

:D

Hi :)

Haven't really played the game in months, I boot it up occasionally just to keep the game updated (I've only got the base game).
Pretty much lost interest in the game as a whole, for various reasons. I did a couple of missions (trade/courier) just a few minutes ago, but I didn't have that much interest to be honest.
I'll wait until they get some atmospheric planets to land on, then I'll probably buy horizons....or whatever the atmospheric versions going to be called. That might be a long time coming I think. :cry:

Question....I'm a bit out of touch with the current build....is the Dolphin ship only available in 'Horizons?

Oldman :)

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Mon, 10. Jul 17, 10:00

Yes Dolphin requires you to own Horizons, and atmospheric planetary landing is imho unlikely to be ever included with Horizons it is more likely Frontier will include that in their future paid content plans.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Mon, 10. Jul 17, 10:00

Interesting stuff going on out at the Pleiades (Maia). Unknown Settlements (US) have been found - at the "active" sites CMDrs can interact with the them and find other USs in other systems. Most have been found . I'm chugging back from Eta Carina Nebula after visiting the "Ruins" out there.
My second CMDR (Waldovenison Smeare) has been to a US and it's quite spooky and well done.

@Oldman - Horizons only though.
A flower?

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Mon, 10. Jul 17, 10:11

BigBANGtheory wrote:it is more likely Frontier will include that in their future paid content plans.
I *think* that is the plan for that. Im in the same boat as Redvers Ganderpoke, I have been playing since release and just get bored of it, play it for a month or so and put it way for like 6 months. Not really finding their story very interesting personally.

I tried pirating people not to long ago in my viper but it didn't work out too well. The majority of people I caught just alt+f4 (yes even cutters and vettes I caught bounty hunting in haz rez sites =/), everyone else just jumped away. I wish there was some meaningful player to player interaction.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 10. Jul 17, 12:11

Well Sinxar you are doing better than me... Load it up, do a quick run through of the tutorial just to refresh memory as I have a well kitted out Asp and prefer not to dent it getting out the garage .... play through tutorial and exit game,, Been there looked at that, bought ..sold ... just not enough to do other than explore and once you have seen a few suns/stations you have seen them all... shame really because the flight experience is the Bees Knees.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Mon, 10. Jul 17, 13:04

There's been a buff to exploration data prices - quite easy to get a few million just by snagging a few ELW and WW. Someone's even posted a list of planets around the bubble that you you follow to get to Elite Exploration quickly - although I don't agree with this method - I did it the the hard way (15k+ jumps and 500kly+ and 2+ years).

Things have come on a bit with the 2.3 update and things seem to be getting better - I haven't been playing as much as I am joining an expedition to circumnavigate the galaxy and planning to construct a ship (haven't decided which (ASPX, DBX, Dolphin, Orca or Python - depends whether I want lots of room or range (I don't want an Anaconda.)) - all I know it will be called the "Dark Ocean" (and you can name your ship's in game no as well!)
A flower?

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 10. Jul 17, 17:03

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 10. Jul 17, 17:15

That was an awesome fan made video. not got the game, but that video was really well done.
=

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Tue, 11. Jul 17, 18:07

felter wrote:The Return

Well that shed some light, thanks for the linky.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Tue, 11. Jul 17, 20:24

thrangar wrote:

You do realise that is a fan made video? it wasn't made by FD at all, it says so in the comments section.

Still a good video.
=

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 11. Jul 17, 21:08

Is ED worth buying for... Xbox...

I am still a proud member of the PC Master Race. I may have to do some traveling for quite awhile and I'm not sure about getting yet another, much more powerful, laptop just to run high-end games while I'm away. I also won't be able to lug around my PC.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 11. Jul 17, 21:31

matthewfarmery wrote:
thrangar wrote:

You do realise that is a fan made video? it wasn't made by FD at all, it says so in the comments section.

Still a good video.
Yeah that's why I posted it. At the time I also didn't know that FD had linked it in the news letter that they send out.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 15:30

They've returned....

and they can be killed...

I'm waiting for the "they're too easy to kill" thread to appear on the ED forum closely followed by "they're too hard to kill" thread.
A flower?

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 21:53

I've not had an encounter since the hyperdiction event many months ago.

What I did though was engage with the Thargoid material missions (whilst they lasted) and that was very entertaining merging high risk missions with high value rewards. If you missed that I think its gone now but gameplay wise it was so good.

Return to “Off Topic English”