Elite: Dangerous (continued)

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Praefectus classis
x4

Re: Elite: Dangerous (continued)

Post by Praefectus classis » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 15:52

I did have Elite on the Atari ST. It had filled in graphics like the Amiga version. Before that I had the Atari 800 and I think I had the wire frame version for that. I did have Frontier II and FFE but I think they were on the PC.

I did get Elite: Dangerous for free from Epic. After playing the training session I realise there is quite a big learning curve to master for this game. I'm more used to the X Universe these days.
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 31. Dec 20, 19:14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nlemilLjQY

So watched the Trailer for the Odyssey Expansion and must say that it looks good until I saw the shooting start. :headbang:

Must be the most wrongly used song in a trailer ever, talk about not getting the point of lyrics... :shock:

MFG

Ketraar

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Mon, 4. Jan 21, 20:48

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 31. Dec 20, 19:14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nlemilLjQY

So watched the Trailer for the Odyssey Expansion and must say that it looks good until I saw the shooting start. :headbang:

Must be the most wrongly used song in a trailer ever, talk about not getting the point of lyrics... :shock:

MFG

Ketraar
Hi Ketraar :)

"2000 Light years from home" (By the Rolling Stones) would have been better imho....there again I do like the Rolling Stones! :D

Pretty miffed at Frontier going for FPS style instead of really upgrading the atmospherics for planets and gas giants, it would have been more fun for me personally. There is talk of new plant life etc. and other 'unknown as yet features' but I'm not holding my breath. Nah!..I'm 69 years old, can't see my reflexes being good enough for fps type play. :(

Oldman :)

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Tue, 5. Jan 21, 12:29

Oldman wrote:
Mon, 4. Jan 21, 20:48

Pretty miffed at Frontier going for FPS style instead of really upgrading the atmospherics for planets and gas giants, it would have been more fun for me personally. There is talk of new plant life etc. and other 'unknown as yet features' but I'm not holding my breath. Nah!..I'm 69 years old, can't see my reflexes being good enough for fps type play. :(

Oldman :)
I agree with you as I'm not that far behind in age. Maybe they are trying to woo a younger audience at the expense of the original Elite players. :(
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Sun, 10. Jan 21, 11:12

Have you ever seen a trailer for an action movie where it only showed the great dialogues it had? Hardly, they'll usually show just a frantic montage of shooting and bombastic explosions, because that's what really grabs the attention of the vast majority of potential customers. Now consider that Elite doesn't even have those above mentioned great dialogues at all, they have to stick with shooting. :D

Not particularly looking forward to the shooting part here as well....good thing is, as with many of the things I never did in game so far, I'll simply carry on without it, let's see what they add to the exploration part as well. My main attraction to having legs in Elite will be the same as in X4, oohhing and aahhing around huge parked ships, but most people over there (devs included) seem to consider that as "not meaningful gameplay"...apparently things in games get only meaningful if you can throw glowing stuff at them. :roll:

Return to “Off Topic English”