Everspace - and now Everspace 2

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

thrangar
x4

Everspace - and now Everspace 2

Post by thrangar » Thu, 20. Aug 15, 17:25

Just incase some might be interested.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ro ... _online%5d

My apologies if this is not allowed.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 20. Aug 15, 18:08

If they manage to release what they promise there, it can be a fun game to play, nothing too spectacular though.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Windswept
x4

Re: Everspace

Post by Windswept » Thu, 31. Oct 19, 19:47

Sorry for the necro or maybe the fact that it's already mentioned in another thread, but...

The Kickstarter campaign for Everspace 2 only has 4 days left and really needs some more love: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ro ... verspace-2

If your German and reading this, please also give a shout out on the German forums to support this Hamburg based game developer.

P.S. I an not affiliated with ROCKFISH Games in any way other than being a backer on KS. I just want this game to see the light.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 31. Oct 19, 21:43

No confidence in kickstarter games. They promise this that and the next thing which is what you back and they end up not delivering what they promised, or not delivering anything. Thank Chris Roberts and Star citizen for that.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 1. Nov 19, 07:24

felter wrote:
Thu, 31. Oct 19, 21:43
No confidence in kickstarter games. They promise this that and the next thing which is what you back and they end up not delivering what they promised, or not delivering anything. Thank Chris Roberts and Star citizen for that.
Divinity:Original Sin 1 and 2, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun: Returns and its sequels, The Bards Tale IV, The Banner Saga, Sunless Sea, Pillars of Eternity--all Kickstarted, all good. Don't tar every project with Star Citizen's brush.

Blake00
xr

Re: Everspace 2

Post by Blake00 » Sun, 3. Nov 19, 09:49

Ahh I just just coming here to see if people were talking about this here.. One of the great bonuses of me making a Freelancer FB group a while back is that members alert me (the slightly obsessed fan lol) to all Freelancer, X, & Wing Commander Privateer related games on the way haha. Been a good year so far.. X4, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, Starpoint Gemini 3 and now we've got Everspace 2!

The sequel is looking even more amazing than the first one did. The whole rogue like randomly generated galaxy put me off playing the last one but it sounds like they're going proper open world detailed pre-made galaxy like good old Freelancer this time around! And the planet surface areas look awesome too! Kickstarter total looks a bit worrying though but hopefully they get there over the line!

This guy has done a good video preview of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVHIxuBNaGM

Here's some sexy screens I found around the place:
https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/a ... 0x1080.jpg

<Oversize images changed to links. Alan Phipps>
Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls Series, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica Series, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- Movie & TV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

Blake00
xr

Re: Everspace - and now Everspace 2

Post by Blake00 » Sat, 26. Sep 20, 17:34

This guy has done a good review of the Everspace 2 closed beta currently happening. He compares it to Freelancer more than other games out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXARTskUbC0

Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls Series, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica Series, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- Movie & TV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 26. Sep 20, 19:33

Looks good so far. If they keep the fun space fights from the first game and keep the interface clean I think it can become a fun game again. However, I can't help myself but feel that the investment in an 'open world' type of game is wasted development time. I'd rather see that they improve the story and invest in more ships, different equipment / weaponry and types of enemies, than having another game being called an 'open world' that hardly offers anything besides the story or outside the story locations. That some people don't like rogue-like games I can accept, but I don't understand the connection between buying a game at a low price and expecting it to be an open world game. I played Everspace last year when I've got a MS / XBox Season pass together with my new PC. The store page tells you that it's an action space game with roguelike gameplay elements. And when you start the game, you get nice little action game with space fights and roguelike elements.

Also, it boggles my mind how everything in space genre is called a 'niche' be it by fans or reviewers.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 27. Sep 20, 16:22

I love the look of this game, put it on my wishlist. The textures and models are so clean and neat looking, love it - and those effects! Cant help but imagine X4 with effects like that.

Edit: played the demo for 2, gorgeous game, and fun too. Looking forward to it.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Thu, 1. Oct 20, 11:02

Axeface wrote:
Sun, 27. Sep 20, 16:22
I love the look of this game, put it on my wishlist. The textures and models are so clean and neat looking, love it - and those effects! Cant help but imagine X4 with effects like that.

Edit: played the demo for 2, gorgeous game, and fun too. Looking forward to it.
+1

Looks very good. Really looking forward to a bit more freestyle format for Everspace in an open world. This is high on my wishlist.

Also agree with the effects and explosions - even though the current ones in X4 is better now compared to launch, there is still room for improvements!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Return to “Off Topic English”