Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Santi » Sat, 21. Mar 20, 21:05

We have to be realistic here, people in the high echelons of society, do have access to information way before the rest of us do, but at the same time they have the same problem, what is truth and what is chaff. So as you say, people need to do their homework, still they play with an advantage that most people do not have, that in the stock market can be very decisive.

In this case, they have the wits to smell something, and did the right thing to preserve their wealth, but that was due to access to information that the rest of us do not have, and that is very unfair and worth reproaching.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 21. Mar 20, 21:19

To be honest I doubt they (ie the two senators we know about so far) had access to much better information than anybody else. I also doubt whether they were in a position to assess that information much better than anybody else. I do this for a living and most people like me were equally blindsided by it (including most of the doctors I know). Christ, I did a six figure investment in a fintech start up that deals with taxis, markets and sports stadiums on.... February the 23rd. About the only thing I could have done worse would have been to invest in airlines, cruise liner firms, or hotel chains :roll: .

Some people weren't blindsided by it though. Some people I know did the analysis back in February, came to the conclusion that it would be brutal, and sold out. They explained why, I disagreed with them, and didn't sell. You pays your nickel and you takes your chance.

What I really object to is them (ie the senators) saying one thing out of one side of their mouths and another out the other. That's, effectively, a pump and dump. That is illegal. Or at least should be.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 22. Mar 20, 02:29

You know he still hasn't got it, he still doesn't realise that he has a pretty important job and that job effects people, not just American's but people all around the world. If an American president says something, people stand up and listen to what he has to say, they believe what he says, it's a very respectable and important job.

Did you hear there is a cure for the coronavirus covid-19, that the American FDA already has a cure and that they, the FDA has approved this drug as the cure, it has to be true after all the President of the United States of America said so. chloroquine is the answer Donald J Trump says, it cures the Coronavirus the FDA has told me so. The problem is it isn't a cure and who says that, well the FDA says that, of course we haven't approved it as a cure to the Coronavirus we are testing it but it is not a cure, it's actually a pretty dangerous drug that is no longer used and shouldn't be used without supervision.

But the President says it is and people stood up and listened to him, he is an important man that is supposed to know what he is doing. Since Donald J Trump said it was the cure, the cases of overdose by chloroquine has risen as people take this drug as they think they have the covid-19 virus bit don't. A black market for the sale of the drug has opened up but whether it is actually chloroquine they are selling is doubtful as the drug has not been made since around 2009. It was still available in pharmacy's and shops in some African countries as a malaria drug, they have all sold out as Africans scramble to buy the drug.

So once again Donald J Trump has put the lives of many numerous people from around the world at risk, because he is an IDIOT of the highest calibre that does not have a clue what he is doing in a job that someone like him should never be in, in the first place.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sun, 22. Mar 20, 02:34

felter wrote:
Sun, 22. Mar 20, 02:29
it WAS a very respectable and important job.
There I fixed it for you.

MFG

Ketraar

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sun, 22. Mar 20, 02:47

Is that Dr Fauci facepalm a meme yet?

If not, it should be. Memers (?) keep up already.
I can't breathe.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 23. Mar 20, 05:08

At a coronavirus briefing a reporter asks Trump "What do you say to Americans that are watching you right now that are scared."

Trumps reply "I would say that you are a terrible reporter that's what I would say."

Now that's what I call presidential and reassuring for the American public, and shows just how much he cares about them.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 23. Mar 20, 10:04

I watched that and frankly even with all the nasty habits he has, it was weird. Not seen someone be so pissed off by a softball question like that, I'm not sure he even listened to the question tbh, it felt like he assumed hes ability was being questioned and we all know you cant question the fragile ego of the Supreme Leader.

MFG

Ketraar

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 23. Mar 20, 10:27

Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 23. Mar 20, 10:04
I watched that and frankly even with all the nasty habits he has, it was weird. Not seen someone be so pissed off by a softball question like that, I'm not sure he even listened to the question tbh, it felt like he assumed hes ability was being questioned and we all know you cant question the fragile ego of the Supreme Leader.

MFG

Ketraar
What I found amusing was Pence, that paragon of warmth and empathy, stepping up afterwards and handling the exact same question admirably.
I can't breathe.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 23. Mar 20, 11:57

RegisterMe wrote:
Mon, 23. Mar 20, 10:27
Ketraar wrote:
Mon, 23. Mar 20, 10:04

MFG

Ketraar
What I found amusing was Pence, that paragon of warmth and empathy, stepping up afterwards and handling the exact same question admirably.
Being a giant baby isn't one of Pence's failings. A homophobic religious zealot that's afraid of women and couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper sack, sure... but a baby, no.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Mon, 23. Mar 20, 12:00

Said it a dozen times before, Trump behaves like a child with a lash out mentality. If it weren't televised I wouldn't be surprised if he just physically slapped people asking questions rather than give that sort of BS response.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 23. Mar 20, 12:11

Chips wrote:
Mon, 23. Mar 20, 12:00
Said it a dozen times before, Trump behaves like a child with a lash out mentality. If it weren't televised I wouldn't be surprised if he just physically slapped people asking questions rather than give that sort of BS response.
Naw, that's not Trump's style. He knows if he slapped the wrong person, he would get the shit kicked out of em. Instead, Trump throws his money around and files slap suits knowing it'd be overly burdensome for the other person to have to respond. It's a win/win for him. Even if the case is ultimately thrown out, which they almost always are, he's tied up the other person with injunctions and all kinds of shit for months on end and all he had to do was call his lawyers.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 28. Mar 20, 01:45

Chips wrote:
Mon, 23. Mar 20, 12:00
Trump is a businessman that was so successful he became an entertainer and then a politician after everyone else in the field sucked. He isn't going to act like you expect him to. He is going to say things that others won't and do things that they can't. Politicians are conditioned to speak and act in ways they think will be least offensive. They are paralyzed by a fear of controversy. No one can match Trump for not caring about this. He knows how to be the center of attention and he owns it even if that attention is negative.

Here is the future President of the USA making a spectacle on professional wrestling. Yeah, we know wrestling is fake but if people didn't like it they wouldn't film it.

The Battle of the Billionaires takes place at WrestleMania 23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NsrwH9I9vE

I would say that whether you look at Trump positively or negatively that he isn't your typical President either way. I know there are strong feelings involved even though feelings don't motivate me. He is up for reelection this year. If he were as bad as the consensus you interact with thinks then there would be no doubt that he will get kicked to the curb for a different candidate. If my view on him is right though he will get reelected without contest. I think it is fair to say that Trump got elected on a year that people on both sides were not happy with their government. This next time around is going to be a measure of how well Trump did and I think he is going to crush it. If It happens the way I think it will we probably need to set that anger aside and talk. I see too much dysfunction over the man's personality and not enough attention to what we think government should be doing. We need to think instead about how bad things were that this guy was voted to be in charge.

Sorry for long post. As it grew it became less about your statement and more about the general state of Trump derangement in America and the world. I'm tired of that situation already and I expect to endure years more of it. I know Trump doesn't behave in the way anyone would really prefer. The thing to remember is that many individual people put him there with the intent of getting something done instead of seeing something that looked dignified or whatever.
Who made that man a gunner?

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 28. Mar 20, 02:55

Yes, if Trump wins again, let's all forgive the racists for their racism and give them a big ol' hug and tell them how special they are!

Pass.
rebellionpac.com

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 28. Mar 20, 05:33

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 28. Mar 20, 02:55
Yes, if Trump wins again, let's all forgive the racists for their racism and give them a big ol' hug and tell them how special they are!

Pass.
There you go again with your slurs. I don't think constant attacks on the character of other posters here communicates anything worthwhile. Whether you hate them or not they are going to vote and you should probably know why even if you think them wrong.
Who made that man a gunner?

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 28. Mar 20, 05:41

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 28. Mar 20, 05:33
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 28. Mar 20, 02:55

Pass.
There you go again with your slurs. I don't think constant attacks on the character of other posters here communicates anything worthwhile. Whether you hate them or not they are going to vote and you should probably know why even if you think them wrong.
Excuse me? What other posters? I didn't address anyone, only racists. Is that my fault that you feel shame when people speak out against racists? I hardly think so. I can't be held responsible for the choices you've made.
rebellionpac.com

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sat, 28. Mar 20, 12:29

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 28. Mar 20, 01:45
I know there are strong feelings involved even though feelings don't motivate me. He is up for reelection this year. If he were as bad as the consensus you interact with thinks then there would be no doubt that he will get kicked to the curb for a different candidate. If my view on him is right though he will get reelected without contest. I think it is fair to say that Trump got elected on a year that people on both sides were not happy with their government. This next time around is going to be a measure of how well Trump did and I think he is going to crush it.
Which is odd considering his approval rating average is the lowest of any US president since the 2nd world war. His highest approval rating is ... the lowest of any president since the second world war.

Absolutely crushing it.

Don't get me wrong, no belief the Republicans will replace him (could they anyway?) as I believe his approval with Republicans is sky high (aren't they always :D ) - so replace with him with who? He won an election already after all. So whether he's voted in by independent support, or abstention by voters who may have voted the other way instead, remains to be seen - but I won't accept if he is voted in that it's an actual indicator he's doing a good job... I'll explain :D

For example, we have a Conservative Government in the UK. I don't for one second believe that winning the last election was an indicator that they'd done a "good job" in the previous term (no matter how short it was :D ). They demonstrably did a crap job. No-one believes things went well anywhere. It was utterly awful. Yet they won... and by quite a margin.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 28. Mar 20, 17:56

We know Trump hates homeless people and hates non-white immigrants that aren't employees at his resorts. I'm starting to wonder if his half-assed response to the virus wasn't calculated on his part to spread the infection to those underclass people knowing the liklihood of them receiving treatment is practically nonexistent. I honestly wouldn't put it past him. Hell, it wasn't long after the virus was recorded in the US that white supremacists were saying they have a duty to spread the infection to non-whites by any means.
rebellionpac.com

Axeface
x4

temp

Post by Axeface » Mon, 13. Apr 20, 16:35

ladies and gentlemen, the president of the united states... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llL_9dLKb3c
No comment necessary.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 13. Apr 20, 17:30

Indeed no comment needed, just shows how stupid he really is.
=

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Mon, 13. Apr 20, 17:35

His grandfather was a german Immigrant, who died in new york on the spanish-flu.
Thanks god he had some nice life insurances, now his brilliant grand son can rule usa.
This "fortunate-son" did go to a military academy and was a great sportsman, but vietnam war was too dirty, and he was not black....and with a lot of money you get everything, votes, chicks, friends, more money-everything.

Return to “Off Topic English”