Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 15:26

BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 15:21
Honestly, the fact they called "Patriot" a missile tells me a lot about how patriotism is viewed by the average American member of the establishment. It's almost like "being a true patriot" meant bombing anyone who maybe thinks different than you.
To be fair, the patriot missile is an anti air missile designed to shoot down ICBMs and other missiles. Purely defensive.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 16:24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNS9mxLMnsU

I take no responsibility. - Donald J. Trump
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 16:31

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 16:24

Sums up Trump nicely, the Lincoln project is doing an awesome job with these adds
=

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 16:49

matthewfarmery wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 16:31
Vertigo 7 wrote:

Sums up Trump nicely, the Lincoln project is doing an awesome job with these adds
I disagree. They once again lack any human component. Only pathos and shibboleth without any real substance, just "Trump is bad". We all know that he is bad, but these ads fail to adress the fallout of his failure as president in any meaningful way.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:06

matthewfarmery wrote:
Vertigo 7 wrote:

Am I the only one who see the irony of that video, when people who complain the most about Trump will have absolutely no problem with blowing up the Mt. Ruhsmore?

Wasn't statues of 3 out 4 presidents quoted in that video already destroyed in last month BLM?

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:09

clakclak wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 16:49
matthewfarmery wrote:
Vertigo 7 wrote:

I disagree. They once again lack any human component. Only pathos and shibboleth without any real substance, just "Trump is bad". We all know that he is bad, but these ads fail to adress the fallout of his failure as president in any meaningful way.
I think it's a deliberate strategy. If you say "he's bad", he's the one who needs to tell why he's not. And that's really hard, because he'd need to explain his choices. Instead, if you say "he did this, so he's bad" it's very easy for a manipulative liar with a huge staff of manipulators cherry picking the case when he's been "good".
In politics, the majority of people you're talking to have the mind / attention span of children, because they don't have time, don't want or just can't understand properly what' you're talking about. Now, as you see, political choices of voters look very much like supporting a sport team. Lakers or Celtics? Dolphins or Giants? Juve or Inter? Biden or Trump? It all looks the same. Even if I'm not really sure Dolphins play the same sport of Giants, or Biden plays the same sport of Trump.

(edited because of spelling mistakes)
Last edited by BrasatoAlBarolo on Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:11

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 17:06
matthewfarmery wrote:
Vertigo 7 wrote:

Am I the only one who see the irony of that video, when people who complain the most about Trump will have absolutely no problem with blowing up the Mt. Ruhsmore?

Wasn't statues of 3 out 4 presidents quoted in that video already destroyed in last month BLM?
That has nothing to do with the Lincoln Project or the ad. Trump is making a big deal about celebrating the 4th at Mount Rushmore and this ad is running on his base's favorite TV stations.
rebellionpac.com

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 18:35

mr.WHO wrote:

It's not for them. This is made by the group of Republicans. Their message is for Republicans who like the statues and words like "great" "honor" "presidents".
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 18:43

fiksal wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 18:35
mr.WHO wrote:

It's not for them. This is made by the group of Republicans. Their message is for Republicans who like the statues and words like "great" "honor" "presidents".
It doesn't matter - with last events, this ads looks rudiculous even it it wasn't the original intention.
It reminds me that ad with black child wearing the sweater "coolest monkey in the jungle" - it was innocent children clothes ad, yet it was put in bad time.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 20:58

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 18:43
fiksal wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 18:35
mr.WHO wrote:

It doesn't matter - with last events, this ads looks rudiculous even it it wasn't the original intention.
It reminds me that ad with black child wearing the sweater "coolest monkey in the jungle" - it was innocent children clothes ad, yet it was put in bad time.
Sorry, but that would be a horrible ad at any time. I really don't understand how you're able to draw a parallel between the two. When is it a good time to suggest a black child is a monkey?
rebellionpac.com

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 21:39

mr.WHO wrote:
Nothing innocent about it - it's a very common racial slur against black people.

The argument that it was never intended in that manner just highlights how out of touch we are with "casual racism". Perhaps it wasn't done intentionally, but that highlights the VERY problem - many of us are completely blind to racist problems and therefore say "I think there's no problem..." - which is excusing, or empowering, racist divides and behaviours.

Guess what - we get told and shown examples that ARE problems... If our responses are still to argue, excuse, disbelieve then what does it say about us?

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 2. Jul 20, 22:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtgzVARrPu4

There's an old saying, "those that can't do, teach". Trump can't do, he can't teach, what exactly is his use?
rebellionpac.com

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 00:55

Chips wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 21:39
mr.WHO wrote:
Nothing innocent about it - it's a very common racial slur against black people.

The argument that it was never intended in that manner just highlights how out of touch we are with "casual racism". Perhaps it wasn't done intentionally, but that highlights the VERY problem - many of us are completely blind to racist problems and therefore say "I think there's no problem..." - which is excusing, or empowering, racist divides and behaviours.

Guess what - we get told and shown examples that ARE problems... If our responses are still to argue, excuse, disbelieve then what does it say about us?
Its a very common thing that parents call their kids too.... I call my 3 year old monkey all the time, its his nickname and has been since he was about 6 months old...

This IS an example of overreaching, which in my opinion is and will cause much more division.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 01:27

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 00:55
Chips wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 21:39
mr.WHO wrote:

Its a very common thing that parents call their kids too.... I call my 3 year old monkey all the time, its his nickname and has been since he was about 6 months old...

This IS an example of overreaching, which in my opinion is and will cause much more division.
It's one thing to call your own kids monkey, it's another thing entirely to dress up a black child in a shirt that suggests he/she is a monkey and plaster that in a magazine or on the internet. https://theconversation.com/comparing-b ... tory-55102
rebellionpac.com

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 02:37

pjknibbs wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 08:03

No, I'm reasonably certain that any President of any stripe who does the stuff Trump does would be reviled by the left. The real sad thing is that he isn't equally reviled by the right, considering he's an obvious incompetent racist.
If Trump had run for office in 2000 he would have been a democrat and they would have backed him. I think that the obama years were a point in this nations politics when the slide of the dem party to the left reached ludicrous speed. Trump is in the same position that the dime a dozen republican voter is in today where the left went farther left and we did not. This giant leap into radicalism is where the hatred happened. One of the concerns we had over Trump then was that he was a wealthy New York liberal all of his life. He knew all of the people in that circle. When he married Melania in 2005 the Clintons were there at his wedding. He didn't have the background to be anything but a liberal democrat. No one hated him or called him a racist until he started prodding at obama. The left didn't always hate Trump or people like me or cast that hate with the race card.

I can guess why Trump is hated today and called a racist. He stayed the same when everything around him changed. it drove him to the GOP because one thing the GOP is becoming notorious for is weak and spineless leadership. Trump is running roughshod over them because they don't have the will to brawl and he thrives on conflict. I don't revile the man because he is doing what the party I would normally support lacks the balls to do. I can't spare Trump. He fights.
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Thu, 2. Jul 20, 08:54
Come on! Trump's strategy against covid is killing tens of thousands people more than the ones who'd die with a proper lockdown. What kind of service is this?
Trump did the right thing. He let the states make their own decisions and used federal resources to support them. That is the intended role of federal government. The absurdity of Fauci being wrong on everything and two weeks turning into 3 months is a separate matter. If Trump had mandated that bat flu patients be put into nursing homes where thousands of old people would die from it I would be justly mad at him. Wasn't him. He did push out support to the states in the form of ventilators, hospital ships, and improvised hospitals. That is is his role and he did it.

When South Dakota has it's Independence day celebration while other states are still ordering their residents to hide in their homes you need to understand that this is how America is intended to work. The States govern themselves. Federal authority being used over the states is not to be desired. Same thing with the CHAZ/CHOP zone in Seattle going on for as long as it did. That was not Trump's mess to clean up. Government is distributed here from federal, state, county, city. The lowest level has the burden of acting.
Who made that man a gunner?

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 04:19

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/c ... e/2495762/

"The six-count indictment in Manhattan federal court alleges that Maxwell helped Epstein groom girls as young as 14 years old, going back as far as 1994. Prosecutors say she was in the room during — and took part in — the sexual abuse of three underage girls at Epstein's Upper East Side townhouse, his Florida estate and his ranch in New Mexico. She faces up to 35 years in prison. "

She was Epstein's enabler. She was in the know for all of the wealthy and powerful people who rode that jet to pedophile island. Clintons. Bill Gates. "Prince" Andrew. She is a marked woman now. Epstein didn't kill himself and neither will she.
Who made that man a gunner?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 07:22

Masterbagger wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 04:19
She was Epstein's enabler. She was in the know for all of the wealthy and powerful people who rode that jet to pedophile island. Clintons. Bill Gates. "Prince" Andrew. She is a marked woman now. Epstein didn't kill himself and neither will she.
Nah, it will be health problem - it's a middle of summer, so heat strokes are real danger.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 07:41

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 07:22
Nah, it will be health problem - it's a middle of summer, so heat strokes are real danger.
While you're busy listening to conspiracy whack jobs, don't forget that Trump was conveniently and intentionally left off that list and the DOJ, which all prisons are part of, answers to Trump.
rebellionpac.com

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 07:54

mr.WHO wrote:
matthewfarmery wrote:
Vertigo 7 wrote:

If people would start caring about police violence as much as they are caring about statues being destroyed you probably would not have this many people willing to destroy them in the first place. People shunned anyone trying to protest the issue peacefully, just think of Kaepernick, but people can only take this much before they are fed up. The problem then is once you are at a point where people are willing to use vandalism it becomes impossible to guide and opportunists will jump onboard who do not care about the cause and just want to destroy and loot.
Last edited by clakclak on Fri, 3. Jul 20, 08:19, edited 1 time in total.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 08:10

Masterbagger wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 02:37
it drove him to the GOP because one thing the GOP is becoming notorious for is weak and spineless leadership.
Well, you certainly are correct there. Both parties have their extremist wings but so far, the democrat seems to be able to keep them in check. Whether you like her or not as a person/candidate or what you think about her qualities, Clinton was a left-leaning-centrist much like her husband, and Democrat forced Bernie out to make way for her last time. And this time Biden - who is also a left leaning centrist, roundly defeat the far left candidates. But for the GOP, the so call "conservative revival" ignited by Obama's victory was basically a sell out to the far right elements. To re-quote myself from 4 years ago:
Mightysword wrote:
Sat, 19. Mar 16, 04:48
Morkonan wrote: perhaps to a point where it becomes unrecoverable in its current form.
If that's what it takes for the GOP to lose its current form, then it's the perfect reason to vote for Trump then. I want the current GOP burnt to ash because that's about the only way it can re-emerge without all the toxic baggage it has associated itself with in the past few years.
It's serious political business and amounts to political guerrilla warfare on the part of the center-conservative heart of the Republican party.
Good for them, but I have the same feeling as a lot of people: it's a too little too late. Where are these center-conservative heart when their party was being hijacked by radical right wing extremists? Don't tell me they didn't see it coming, they were simply want to take advantage of the situation and now they're paying for it right out of their arse.

I want the old GOP back, and people like Sarah, Crud, Bachman, or Trump have no business being in it. Maybe the GOP should learn a thing or two from the autoindustry, declare bankruptcy, go through restructuring and emerging a new.

At least that's what I hoped for 4 years ago, and why I didn't particularly mind Trump win. But now I'm not so sure, and it has nothing to do with Trump btw. It's because after 4 years, there still seem to be a distinct lack of new, emerging leaderships who can properly carry the conservative banner. Since you're a life long Republican, who - in your opinion - would be able to carry the torch after Trump. It can not be Trump himself, he may be carrying out conservative agenda but he's certainly not a conservative or Republican, you have often said yourself, if the circumstance had been different Trump could have run as a Democrat president, and he probably would push conservative up the wall much like he's doing to liberal right now.

Actually, that question is probably better worded as "who left to carry the GOP torch"? McCain died, the only one left I will consider for a GOP president is Graham, and frankly I fear for the GOP's future once Graham called it. If the GOP was spinnless 4 years ago resulting an outsider like Trump took over, (much like how the party itself was took over by the tea party around 2012-2014), it doesn't feel they have grow any new spine by now. In a way Trump himself is acting as the perfect shield for other GOP leaders, his bombastic manner basically draw all the fire into himself and he proved to be un-naturally resilience, but this shield not gonna stay up forever.

Before I came to the US, I was destined to be a Republican. In fact, you will find most southern Vietnam veteran families are traditionally republican, we don't have good impression of Democrat for their conducts during the Vietnam war. I couldn't vote during the Bush - Kerry race, but I was happy Bush won, even at that point I don't think he was a good president. I had some idea what the republican look like before the US, and under Bush they were what I imagine conservative to be. But again, starting from 2012, the bitterness of Obama's victory transformed and twisted the GOP, and I still see no light in that tunnel.

So when do you think the old GOP will be back, when will MY GOP be back, or if ever be back? :evil:
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Return to “Off Topic English”