Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 15:17

CosmicVoyager wrote:
Mon, 30. Nov 20, 08:13
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Mon, 30. Nov 20, 04:17
A - no, Obama was denied his SCOTUS nomination and the vacancy was forced to remain until Trump took office.
B - These aren't life time appointments. There's no power to be kept since these positions all fall within the executive and the sitting president has the power to remove them.

Seriously, think about it for a minute. Why would a president with less than 2 months left of his term in office suddenly fire and replace all of the high level DoD civilians with Trump loyalists in the midst of his BS claims of election fraud?
A - no, i meant the case with Mel Watts, right before Obamas second term, where they changed the voting system to a simple majority vote.
B - Yeas thats correct. But my point is that this is still the best move trump can make to maintain as much republican influence as possible. Kinda his last remaining option if you like.

Tbh, i don't give any second thoughts about Trump's claim, that the election has been rigged in some way. He may dispute the results and make a fool out of himself, but i doubt it will show any results.
There's a pretty big difference between winning a 2nd term and changing staff up to changing staff on your way out the door that's going with you. Again, none of these positions are permanent and most of them are purely political appointments.

If it was any other department, fine whatever, but this is the DoD where reports out of the pentagon are they're firing people that applauded James Anderson for resigning instead of carrying out Trump's demands. Trump has already shown he's more than willing to use the military against American civilians and he's replaced just about everyone that stood up to him and said no.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

CosmicVoyager

Post by CosmicVoyager » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 16:33

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Mon, 30. Nov 20, 15:17

There's a pretty big difference between winning a 2nd term and changing staff up to changing staff on your way out the door that's going with you. Again, none of these positions are permanent and most of them are purely political appointments.

If it was any other department, fine whatever, but this is the DoD where reports out of the pentagon are they're firing people that applauded James Anderson for resigning instead of carrying out Trump's demands. Trump has already shown he's more than willing to use the military against American civilians and he's replaced just about everyone that stood up to him and said no.
I don't want to leave the impression, that im taking sides, or disagree with you. Firing everyone for applauding James Anderson is a big scandal, that should be considered a fact.

Besides, yes it was between terms, but loosen up the vote required to a simple majority vote to elect a specific judge into the Supreme Court is the same sort of abuse in power, which i'm trying to tell is nothing new to politicans, but fair enough that's kinda offtopic since its a dedicated trump post.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 16:50

CosmicVoyager wrote:
Mon, 30. Nov 20, 16:33
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Mon, 30. Nov 20, 15:17

I don't want to leave the impression, that im taking sides, or disagree with you. Firing everyone for applauding James Anderson is a big scandal, that should be considered a fact.

Besides, yes it was between terms, but loosen up the vote required to a simple majority vote to elect a specific judge into the Supreme Court is the same sort of abuse in power, which i'm trying to tell is nothing new to politicans, but fair enough that's kinda offtopic since its a dedicated trump post.
Mel Watt is not a judge at any level. He was Obama's director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency. The only nominees to SCOTUS under Obama that were approved by the Senate was Judge Sotomayor and Solicitor General Elana Kegan. Met Watt was nominated to run FHFA in May of 2013 and the Senate confirmed him In December of 2013. I'm really not sure what you're getting at here.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 02:08

Now that must have hurt. I wonder how long it will be till there is a tweet telling him that he has been fired.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 03:32

https://twitter.com/OmarJimenez/status/ ... 4569959426

Georgia state electoral official of some kind. Fair play. Needed to be said. I think (happy to be corrected) that this fella is a Republican. I hope it gets airtime on Republican (and right wing) channels.

EDIT: "This kid took a job. He just took a job". That, for me, was pretty powerful (in the context of what was pretty powerful).
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 04:13

RegisterMe wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 03:32

Georgia state electoral official of some kind. Fair play. Needed to be said. I think (happy to be corrected) that this fella is a Republican. I hope it gets airtime on Republican (and right wing) channels.

EDIT: "This kid took a job. He just took a job". That, for me, was pretty powerful (in the context of what was pretty powerful).
Was just reading about that on the BBC.
In a fiery statement, Gabriel Sterling, a Republican, said: "It's all gone too far! All of it! It has to stop!"
So a Republican calling out Trump, about time.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 04:46

So theres an investigation into a presidential pardon bribery scheme (Shocker). I can see it coming, Trump found guilty, removed from office, pence becomes president and pardons trump.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 05:16

Also turns out the Trumps and Kushner are having some serious thoughts on not returning to New York when they are finally thrown out of the Whitehouse. An ex friend of Ivankas from NY has been quoted in Vanity Fair as saying that:
Ms Trump would face being shunned by Manhattan’s social elite if she tried to return to the city.

“Everyone with self-respect, a career, morals, respect for democracy — or who doesn’t want their friends to shame them both in private and public — will steer clear,”
OUCH. So they are all looking to move to either New Jersey or Florida, like it will be any different there, than it would be in New York. The future does not look too bright for the Trump's.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 08:48

felter wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 04:13
RegisterMe wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 03:32

Was just reading about that on the BBC.
In a fiery statement, Gabriel Sterling, a Republican, said: "It's all gone too far! All of it! It has to stop!"
So a Republican calling out Trump, about time.
Yes it is. This is the GOP, the supposed "party of morals". These folks are so devoid of anything akin to human compassion that they're consuming their own avid supporters for no other reason than a Trump tweet.

I'll remind everyone that Georgia Governor Kemp has backed Trump every single step of the way until the election results came about. Like most republican Governors, he was perfectly fine killing off many residents of Georgia instead of taking safety precautions for COVID. He was happy to increase police protections and reduce their accountability in the wake of BLM protests. He was quite content to make it as difficult as possible for minorities to vote in both the 2018 and 2020 elections. But he refused to overturn the election for Trump and now the GA Governor, SoS, and every other election official in the state has been named a traitor by Trump and labeled coconspirators in some crackpot conspiracy involving Hugo Chavez, who died in 2013, yet was able to predict and convince republicans all over the country to prevent Trump's reelection in 2020.

In typical republican fashion, evidence be damned, the orange overlord has spoken so it must be so. And now everyone he's named, and families of the same, have been targeted by republican voters with the same hatred and vitriol normally reserved for democrats. None of the republican leadership is speaking up against it. "What's the downside of humoring him [Trump]?" There's an answer.

And where are the democrats in this as well? Here's a prime opportunity to show some patriotism and show the public they will defend the people against this kind of attack. But no. They want "unity"!

And now that Barr has announced there's no evidence of "widespread fraud", is the GOP going to turn against him too and start threatening to kill/rape Barr and his family?
rebellionpac.com

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 4. Dec 20, 12:55

Trump's last ditched attempt to get as many last minute regulations through. Problem is, many of these changes will last for decades.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/race-ce ... d=74507203

Basically put, Scorched Earth. So Trump loses, and now is out for blood.

The Republican party should be made fully accountable for this too. After all, they have continued to enable him to do this.

Some of the changes will have a very bad impact on science, and data collecting. And environmental damage by selling more drilling drilling rights.

What a mess.
=

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 4. Dec 20, 13:04

All can be reverted back in no time, which is ironic if you consider that most of Trump's mandate was to revert Obama's stuff. Talk about an endless cycle of pointlessness. :roll:

MFG

Ketraar

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 4. Dec 20, 13:14

Ketraar wrote:
Fri, 4. Dec 20, 13:04
All can be reverted back in no time, which is ironic if you consider that most of Trump's mandate was to revert Obama's stuff. Talk about an endless cycle of pointlessness. :roll:

MFG

Ketraar
Some yes, some might be challenged in a court of law. But quite a few won't be easy to turn.
The Trump administration is also racing to auction off drilling rights in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge -- a move strongly opposed by Biden -- with an aim of making it much more difficult for the next administration to turn back from expanded oil and gas development.

"The degree to which the leases have been entered into you might have to buy them back," said Browner. "But hopefully the reality is we can continue to protect these areas that have been protected for hundreds of years now."
It might take much longer to over turn that, and by the time it might get stopped, it will likely be too late. Then again, Trump is just trying to push these and others out as a revenge tactic.

So by the time Biden does get in, he will be in a very messy situation, Even then, there are other changes too, like firing of staff, which could very well leave America in a vulnerable position. At least until Biden does manage to get things sorted. But again, while it will take time, but how much time will it take to undo all this damage?
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 4. Dec 20, 13:28

One snippet of that article that stood out was the requirement for the EPA to divulge sources of data for studies, which can include private medical records, something that would be highly illegal to divulge without the patient's consent. This move is simply to hamstring Biden's administration.

The true irony here is Trump is wanting the average citizen to let their medical records be public knowledge while he insists he has a right to privacy for his tax returns and says we don't need to see that.
rebellionpac.com

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 5. Dec 20, 03:57

So after Trump was confirmed to have lost Georgia for the 3rd time, he's suing yet again to have an "election do over" in Georgia, like that's going to happen. Meanwhile, CA just certified their votes and Biden officially has crossed the 270 elector threshold that have been appointed to vote for him.

Rep Mo Brooks from Alabama has decided to contest the election in congress. I dunno what's going to happen here but with Biden having more than 270 electors now, it likely won't matter. But who the hell knows what con job republicans are going to pull at the last minute, even if Trump's options on paper have no traction. The congressional dispute lets them make wild claims without supporting evidence, however.

Advisers in Trump's corner are suggesting that he declare martial law.

MOAR UNITY!!! :lol:

There's a chance that all of Trump's BS will cost republicans control of the senate, however. The moron is telling republican voters not to go vote in the upcoming senate runoffs. At a GOP conference in Georgia a few days ago, the GOP chair tried to get the message across that people needed to go vote and one person stood up and asked her "If it's rigged, what's the point?" lol... Pence flew to Georgia today to run damage control but there's some fears it may be too late for em. It would be just so delicious if the lemming militia sits out the upcoming elections and hands the two seats to the democrats.
rebellionpac.com

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Sat, 5. Dec 20, 05:49

Ketraar wrote:
Fri, 4. Dec 20, 13:04
Funny thing I notice this is a pretty common ... phenomenon, even outside of politic. Whenever there is a change in leadership, even at department level in a small company, you can bet there gonna be several changes that's absolutely pointless. It's like it gets into people head once they obtain power that they have to put down the stamp to confirm their existence or something. ;)
matthewfarmery wrote:
Fri, 4. Dec 20, 13:14
So by the time Biden does get in, he will be in a very messy situation, Even then, there are other changes too, like firing of staff, which could very well leave America in a vulnerable position. At least until Biden does manage to get things sorted. But again, while it will take time, but how much time will it take to undo all this damage?
Not really. It has been explained a few times a lot of his firing recently are people in "advisory" position. Under normal circumstance, you can call those position important, after all they are whom you call "have the ear of the president", and responsible to advise and influence his decision. Under normal circumstance you can say having bad people at those positions is bad for America. But with Trump behaving like he is now, it's pretty much a moot point anyway. He's not appointing anyone so he can take their advise, he's just seeking validation for himself. Unless those people are granted direct executive powers, they are little more than dress-up dolls filling up the window with the way things are now.
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sat, 5. Dec 20, 12:56

While that might be true, however, until Biden does take over, then things will not go as smoothly.

Trump's staff begin to desert 'toxic' work environment starting with communications director

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/trumps ... AFUAUW5NM/

And won't be the last person to leave her post. I read some earlier reports that the WH for a while became a ghost town. So if more people do start leaving, then who is running things over there in the WH? It will be a bunch of headless chickens. Simply because one man still refuses to concede. This and the state of things could result in a security risk. Trump isn't doing his job, (granted he never has done a good job) but he just throwing his toys out of his pram and hoping to hurt as many people in the process. (also Trump is very unstable) so If the republicans really care for America, then need to act. But that will never happen will it, and trump will continue to be in a more and lore deserted WH as time goes on. So who running the show over there?
=

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Fri, 11. Dec 20, 13:06

Trump proving he can and still doing damage before he gets kicked out.

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20201 ... ore-havoc/

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/trumps ... residency/

I think if Trump is gunning for war, he going down the right path. the second link, his bad decision making will have untold damage for the foreseeable future. And yet, congress still will continue to back him, until the very end.

With time left, Trump is taking his revenge out on people, and will leave scorched earth in his wake.

Sure congress might be able to stop him? but considering that congress doesn't seem to care less at this stage. Then worse is very likely to come.

edit

Another series of crimes been committed

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/the-pu ... ords-laws/

Destruction of presidential records, and that is a crime, also is destruction of records to cover up another crime.

And a state offence.

He and his staff will probably face large fines and or jail time for this alone.

Edit

Problem is, nothing will happen right? Republicans will continue to look the other way, while the Dems don't seem to care either. So more crimes, and doubt much will change. Really sad state of affairs.

Edit

Trump going into total meltdown, and says he wants to stop the world from killing itself.

Trump sets off alarms with ‘very weird statement’ about stopping the ‘world from killing itself’

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/trump- ... om-itself/

You kind of get that from madmen who start a doomsday device just afterwards. I suspect he is opening the door to WW3, especailly with the above moves. So yeah, things are going out of control. and the world is going to hell in a hand basket. So I suspect his tweets will get even more deranged. This isn't good.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 11. Dec 20, 18:40

Honestly, even more troubling than all of that, republican legislatures all over the country are trying now to take away the ability for voters to elect officials and have the state legislatures appoint them directly. For example, the GA speaker of the house is calling for the GA SoS to selected by state congressional votes instead of election via residents. They're basically saying that voters aren't capable of doing what they want so they're just going to do it themselves, dropping all pretense pretending to care about democracy.

I swear, the GOP hast lost it's f'n mind completely. I just don't get it. They try to create a boogeyman out of democrats while becoming actual monsters that this very country has fought to put down. How do we fix something like this? And don't say by voting, that clearly doesn't work when the fascists are controlling the legislatures.
rebellionpac.com

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Fri, 11. Dec 20, 19:45

Seem to be getting a lot of the "Illegal Trump actions" from a single source there Matt. Not saying it isn't true or reliable - but I'd question whether they're linking a series of sources to then draw an editorial conclusions, rather than exposing via investigation. e.g. the allegations he's destroying records wholesale - there's a single quote with regards to deleting a single email. A bit of a stretch to extrapolate to literally destroying *everything*.

Doesn't mean to say they aren't destroying everything, but...

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 11. Dec 20, 22:32

My god the US is absolutely repugnant.
A guy that lit a car on fire after an accomplice killed 2 people in it was executed last night (after 20 years on death row), all because Trump lost the election and is sad. I bet Trump is loving it, being able to press a button and kill people to fluff his ego. It really is that simple. Probably has something to do with that crazy musician guy dating a woman that was trying to stop it too, because he didnt help steal enough black votes with his double 'im running for president' bluff.
160 people that were put to death in the US over the last few decades were acquitted after the fact...

Return to “Off Topic English”