Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tycow
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Tycow » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 00:34

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 2066714625
In order to continue being the most Transparent President in history, I will be releasing sometime this week the Transcript of the first, and therefore most important, phone call I had with the President of Ukraine. I am sure you will find it tantalizing!

Wellllll, I thought he released this "transcript" already (which turned out to be a memo anyhoo).

The guy is insane.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 02:53

I can't even begin to fully process the utter stupidity of his statement, so I'll just quote Luke Skywalker, "Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong."
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 15:52

rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 16:34

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 13. Nov 19, 15:52
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/stephen- ... 27b23a1f95

Yep, only the best people...
The best white nationalists of course.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 16:37

I've got the impeachment hearing live on my phone at work, and already the language used by Devin Nunes vs that used by Adam Schiff is eye opening.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 17:11

Tycow wrote:
Wed, 13. Nov 19, 16:37
I've got the impeachment hearing live on my phone at work, and already the language used by Devin Nunes vs that used by Adam Schiff is eye opening.
I'm trying to watch it on the BBC, and CNN / MSNBC on youtube, but it's not easy. I may have to catch up on it later / tomorrow.

EDIT: Just found this CNN live link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ulWTJUQsVY
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 17:43

yeah, I'm watching as well. I fully expect the republicans to behave just as they did during the hearings with former FBI agent Strzok and Dr Ford. I expect them not to ask anything relevant to the investigation and act angry for the cameras.
rebellionpac.com

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 17:53

This Brit's interpretation of Kent's opening statement?

Kent 1 - GOP 0
I can't breathe.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 21:41

I found the republican defense pretty weak. Their best argument was that Ukraine had no knowledge of the military aide being withheld at the time of the phone call. Everything else they said was just garbage.
rebellionpac.com

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 14. Nov 19, 21:48

https://www.salon.com/2019/11/14/trumps ... heir-hero/

This is hilarious! The "Impeachment Defense Force"!! hahahahaha

Poor, poor Trumpanzies. Such a gullible lot. Truly, you guys and Trump deserve each other.
rebellionpac.com

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 02:30

I browsed the highlights of the Schiff show today and it's still heavy on hearsay and speculation about what Trump might have done. It's stupid to have even gotten this far without bringing out the guy who colluded with Schiff to construct this hoax. The circus needs to brought to a halt until Eric Ciaramella answers questions under oath. Nothing decent is ever going to come from a liar like Schiff working without transparency and I'm sick of the pretending that the leaker here is somehow off limits. His should have been the first ass in the chair being sworn in.
Who made that man a gunner?

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 02:47

lol you are appalled by Schiff supposedly lying but you're okay with the orange one lying? Hypocrisy, thy name is you.

And just to follow up on your misconception/parroting Trump tweets - Whistle blowers are protected by federal law. They filed a report, it was validated and congress is investigating it as is federal policy and procedure. There is nothing else to be learned from him/her. But I understand that the Trumpanzies don't have a target to go point assault rifles at and that pisses them off. You should be more mad at your orange leader for betraying his oath of office and the United States.
rebellionpac.com

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 04:03

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 02:47
lol you are appalled by Schiff supposedly lying but you're okay with the orange one lying? Hypocrisy, thy name is you.

And just to follow up on your misconception/parroting Trump tweets - Whistle blowers are protected by federal law. They filed a report, it was validated and congress is investigating it as is federal policy and procedure. There is nothing else to be learned from him/her. But I understand that the Trumpanzies don't have a target to go point assault rifles at and that pisses them off. You should be more mad at your orange leader for betraying his oath of office and the United States.
I respect your right to disagree with me and it isn't personal. I don't follow anyone on twitter and I don't own an assault rifle. You don't gain anything by dehumanizing me. I am still here and I am not going away. Epstein didn't kill himself.
Who made that man a gunner?

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 04:15

Masterbagger wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 04:03
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 02:47

I respect your right to disagree with me and it isn't personal. I don't follow anyone on twitter and I don't own an assault rifle. You don't gain anything by dehumanizing me. I am still here and I am not going away. Epstein didn't kill himself.
I never said you owned an assault rifle. What you take from that is not my problem/responsibility. Perhaps you should find an info wars forum if you're looking for compatriots.
rebellionpac.com

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 06:13

Trump killed Epstein.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 06:57

fiksal wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 06:13
Trump killed Epstein.
If the medical examiner was wrong or lied, the prison he was in is, of course, run by the DOJ, which reports to Trump... so, it's entirely possible.
rebellionpac.com

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 07:20

Hah! Now Trump is claiming he hardly knows Sondland. He's certainly doing a better job of digging this pit than he did pretending to dig coal.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-beat-with-ari ... 3495621616
rebellionpac.com

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 11:38

@Masterbagger, to the extent that it's "heavy on hearsay", it's almost entirely down to the White House preventing (or at least trying to prevent) people like Giuliani, Pompeo, Mulvaney and even Trump from testifying.
I can't breathe.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 12:16

the thing is, it doesn't matter if it's hearsay. This is not a trial, it's an inquiry, I.E. investigation. Even in trials, hearsay isn't just dismissed as inadmissible out of hand. Context matters. What you're seeing is a Trump defense that panders to the ignorant who only know of legal proceedings from TV shows. The reality is, and any practicing criminal or civil lawyer will tell you, that hearsay is frequently admissible as indirect evidence to reinforce direct evidence and is often times stronger than direct evidence.

It's not at all surprising that these are the kinds of tactics being used by Trump and house republicans. His base is largely uneducated and quickly accepts whatever the idiot says as fact without question or verification and Trump and co. are well aware of it.

Trump is selling "Impeachment Defense Force" membership cards, after all. If Trumpanzies weren't stupid enough to buy them, he wouldn't be selling them. Says a lot about their intellectual capacity.
rebellionpac.com

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 12:31

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 15. Nov 19, 12:16
the thing is, it doesn't matter if it's hearsay. This is not a trial, it's an inquiry, I.E. investigation. Even in trials, hearsay isn't just dismissed as inadmissible out of hand. Context matters. What you're seeing is a Trump defense that panders to the ignorant who only know of legal proceedings from TV shows. The reality is, and any practicing criminal or civil lawyer will tell you, that hearsay is frequently admissible as indirect evidence to reinforce direct evidence and is often times stronger than direct evidence.
That I completely agree with.
I can't breathe.

Return to “Off Topic English”