Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 01:59

felter wrote:
Tue, 10. Mar 20, 00:00
So how's Trump handling today's stock-market crash. It's rumoured that while in India that was all he was interested in and was constantly checking up on how it was going, while not making enquires about how the population was handling the covid-19 virus or what was happening with it, unless asked and then he just made things up like he always does.
You forget, Trump lives in a magical land where walls are beautiful, boats appear in random people's yards, thus enabling "Dibs", and doinking your daughter is okay from time to time. Also, in this magical land, the stock market never crashes and a virus only infects his enemies.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 02:26

Watched a video where he was at the CDC, he once again mentioned that his uncle was a professor at some university and due to that he knows everything about everything, he even knows all the medical stuff around viruses better than anyone, even those at the CDC as he is just a natural. YEAH a natural BSer.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 07:24

felter wrote:
Tue, 10. Mar 20, 02:26
YEAH a natural BSer.
I'd argue if he was a "natural" BSer then he'd actually be somewhat convincing... :D

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 12:01

He's the POTUS, so yes I might argue he definitely was somewhat convincing! :P

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 12:37

Lol,, that's funny, any politician, in particular Trump, starts with -100 credibility with me, they've gotta work extra hard compared to regular people to convince me. Trump has never gotten into the positive numbers with me, simply cause if you check what he says, 99% is on the spot made up BS.
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 01:12

"If" Trump gets re-elected, the most likely reason would be that switching administrations in the middle of a crisis. And I do not know if I trust Trump to collaborate with a smooth transition. I still WON'T be voting for him. I just felt that this perspective needed to be on the table.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 01:31

Trump is a giant baby, of course there won't be a smooth transition. You've seen how he's dealt with Covid by trying to tweet it out of existence. When that didn't work, he tried to blame the media and the democrats. When that didn't work, he tried to blame Obama. When that didn't work, he finally half-assed acknowledged the threat is real and can't be ignored. It's the same pattern he's gone through with everything from hurricane sharpie to being the subject of criminal investigations. You can always count on Trump to do one thing, what's best for Trump and everyone else be damned. You can be assured there will be no peaceful transition of power. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to con his redneck lemmings into arming and holing himself up in the WH.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 13:09

He has also angered a few people by saying this is a china virus, so China has stripped Journalists from reporting from within china, this after the trump administration who did the same to chinese Journalists from entering the WH and other areas. Which doesn't help anyone. Trump is certainly making a mess of things.

And oh yes, as a result, I heard on the radio, Gun sales in many places have gone through the roof, mainly by US civilians, but also some Chinese people who are living in the states or there part time. I guess the term, "only in the America" can apply here. Trump is certainly not helping matters. if the reverse.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 20. Mar 20, 00:18

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB11qEiO

So after a hearty round of patting himself on the back for being forced to respond to a global crisis, the orange overlord is back to attacking the media. He's even going so far as to wanting to use covid as an excuse to ban all of the media except his white nationalist news agencies from the WH press conference room.
rebellionpac.com

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 20. Mar 20, 04:47

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... f-n1164401

Why am I not surprised? You can always count on a republican to look out for #1 instead of the people they represent.
rebellionpac.com

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 21. Mar 20, 03:27

Kind of strange how a few years back it was immoral and racist to control the border for illegal aliens and a few weeks back it was immoral and racist to block travel from China. Now other countries are following President Trump's lead there. And that whole immoral and racist thing just kind of got dropped. It is like the race baiters have recognized that their usual filth isn't going to fly during a pandemic that has everyone's attention so it has evolved into something else. Common sense has prevailed that keeping bad stuff from coming here is the right thing to do. Now according to them it is racist to call a virus from China a Chinese virus. That's completely stupid and I think Trump has the right of it on insisting that China be credited. China had all of the warning necessary to put a lid on this crap and instead they arrested the doctors who discovered it and tried to hide it. China probably killed the doctors who first treated this stuff too. Commies would.

I don't remember this level of response to any previous Chinese virus. There have been a few. No president acted so proactively. For swine flu we had racked up a thousand dead Americans before an emergency was declared over it. We didn't have any kind of leadership back then and now we do. It's not even limited to stopping the pandemic but making sure we still get by with our lives. I haven't seen a nationwide collective effort like this since 9/11. This didn't appear out of thin air. This is the exact moment in time that we want a notorious germophobe to be POTUS. The last one didn't care. My perspective is that what is happening right now is a brand new approach to pandemics is being invented on the fly by people who give a damn about Americans not dying. There is going to be another after this one. That is what is being figured out right now. This approach of being proactive and accepting the disruption in our lives is an experiment. It is like training with live ammunition. This is the foundation for preventing the next one.
Who made that man a gunner?

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 21. Mar 20, 05:24

don't conflate your patented brand of "white folks only" racism with temporary closing borders due to a health crisis.

Some people's kids... I swear.
rebellionpac.com

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 21. Mar 20, 06:32

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 21. Mar 20, 05:24
don't conflate your patented brand of "white folks only" racism with temporary closing borders due to a health crisis.

Some people's kids... I swear.
You choose to attack a mockery of race carding with race carding? Interesting. I see you do accept that it is our right to control our borders. Now we just disagree when it is time to do it.
Who made that man a gunner?

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Sat, 21. Mar 20, 10:45

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 21. Mar 20, 03:27
No president acted so proactively.
Lets take Trumps words and let them speak for them self.
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 21. Mar 20, 11:02

Meanwhile some Senators dumped stocks before the market "crash" making a fortune. How patriotic of them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/us/p ... virus.html

MFG

Ketraar

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Sat, 21. Mar 20, 12:46

Masterbagger wrote:
Now other countries are following President Trump's lead there.
Cool story there. We're lucky Trump decided to lock down borders and activities, so that all we non-illuminated ones have been able to finally follow his righteous lead. Almost a month earlier than him. But hey, if you keep repeating that to yourself, you're eventually going to believe that, so all the more power to you.

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Sat, 21. Mar 20, 13:53

Aken_Bosch wrote:
Sat, 21. Mar 20, 12:46
Masterbagger wrote:
Now other countries are following President Trump's lead there.
Cool story there. We're lucky Trump decided to lock down borders and activities, so that all we non-illuminated ones have been able to finally follow his righteous lead. Almost a month earlier than him. But hey, if you keep repeating that to yourself, you're eventually going to believe that, so all the more power to you.
It truly boggles the mind how the Trump crowd can in their own minds still maintain Trump is the bestest, he did all the best things from day one....

How on earth can we snap them out of such immense blind loyalty.
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 21. Mar 20, 14:49

What is happening now with borders and what trump did with the Chinese ban are two totally different things. What he did was ban people with a Chinese passport from travelling from China to America. It had very little to do with stopping the virus from coming into America from China and I doubt that was why he did it to start with, I think he did it more to annoy the Chinese and to effect trade from China, mainly because he was also denying the virus at the same time saying things like it was safe and if you had it you should still go to work, notice he isn't still saying that and is not mentioning he ever did say it, actually probably denies he ever said it, fake news and all that even though there is evidence of him saying it.

What is happening now is that all crossings are banned no matter what nationality. Here in the UK citizens can still enter and leave the country if they have a valid genuine reason for doing so. if you are coming from a country that has a problem with the virus you have to self isolate for 2 week,s meaning you have to quarantine yourself. Trump ban did none of this, his ban made it look like he thought only the Chinese could spread the virus, which is why it was and still is called a racist move.

In the UK if you are caught not self isolating after returning, you will be arrested put into solitary in a specially prepared cell for two weeks. It's also a crime with the penalty of a £10,000 fine or 3 months in jail.

If the reason for this, well Trump did it first and the press complained about it because of what he recently said, that was trump gaslighting it is what he does, it's actually all he does.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 21. Mar 20, 14:55

Racist people are gonna be racist. He's just trying to justify it to everyone here so we hop on his side and pat him on the back for his racism.
rebellionpac.com

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sat, 21. Mar 20, 15:05

Ketraar wrote:
Sat, 21. Mar 20, 11:02
Meanwhile some Senators dumped stocks before the market "crash" making a fortune. How patriotic of them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/us/p ... virus.html

MFG

Ketraar
To be fair, it isn't unpatriotic of anyone to lose their life savings (investments) for meaningless symbolism simply to appease other's appetite for schadenfreude. The actual questionable action is whether they were spreading BS to prevent market conditions deteriorating so that they could sell up in the first place - especially if then to buy back in at the bottom (though that buy-in isn't unusual, just if they were leveraging their position and voice to generate that circumstance).

Unlike them, I've sold half my savings at what is possibly the bottom - realising a significant loss. With hindsight, def should have sold earlier - but I'm long term investor. I only sold as I finally realised i may lose all my savings if companies go bankrupt - given history of Neil Woodford funds, it's not that improbable in this current climate (I sold Woodfords while still in tiny profit, before it all went to utter garbage. Should I have been forced to lose all my money instead - and what would that gain? Patriotism?).
So 50% sold and a loss -- but that's the risks. Just as any investors are, I am just trying to minimise my risks to the situation. The fact they happen to have a job of "senator" should be independent of it. Others may hold as they believe it's okay and will recover just fine. Who knows.

I'm not some shrewd investor, nor some rich person - so I don't believe them selling is unpatriotic or anything. So why should they behave any differently to any other investor? The only question is if they abused their position to generate a circumstance that was beneficial. If people perceive they're taking advantage of a situation - the risks (and why the market drops) is still there. It hasn't changed. Just that people may feel the rewards (of it gaining again in future) are enough to take the risk (or may feel the risk isn't actually a risk, as nothing will go bust).
Last edited by Chips on Sat, 21. Mar 20, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off Topic English”