Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Chips
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Chips » Sat, 28. Mar 20, 12:29

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 28. Mar 20, 01:45
I know there are strong feelings involved even though feelings don't motivate me. He is up for reelection this year. If he were as bad as the consensus you interact with thinks then there would be no doubt that he will get kicked to the curb for a different candidate. If my view on him is right though he will get reelected without contest. I think it is fair to say that Trump got elected on a year that people on both sides were not happy with their government. This next time around is going to be a measure of how well Trump did and I think he is going to crush it.
Which is odd considering his approval rating average is the lowest of any US president since the 2nd world war. His highest approval rating is ... the lowest of any president since the second world war.

Absolutely crushing it.

Don't get me wrong, no belief the Republicans will replace him (could they anyway?) as I believe his approval with Republicans is sky high (aren't they always :D ) - so replace with him with who? He won an election already after all. So whether he's voted in by independent support, or abstention by voters who may have voted the other way instead, remains to be seen - but I won't accept if he is voted in that it's an actual indicator he's doing a good job... I'll explain :D

For example, we have a Conservative Government in the UK. I don't for one second believe that winning the last election was an indicator that they'd done a "good job" in the previous term (no matter how short it was :D ). They demonstrably did a crap job. No-one believes things went well anywhere. It was utterly awful. Yet they won... and by quite a margin.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 28. Mar 20, 17:56

We know Trump hates homeless people and hates non-white immigrants that aren't employees at his resorts. I'm starting to wonder if his half-assed response to the virus wasn't calculated on his part to spread the infection to those underclass people knowing the liklihood of them receiving treatment is practically nonexistent. I honestly wouldn't put it past him. Hell, it wasn't long after the virus was recorded in the US that white supremacists were saying they have a duty to spread the infection to non-whites by any means.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Axeface
x4

temp

Post by Axeface » Mon, 13. Apr 20, 16:35

ladies and gentlemen, the president of the united states... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llL_9dLKb3c
No comment necessary.

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 13. Apr 20, 17:30

Indeed no comment needed, just shows how stupid he really is.
=

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Mon, 13. Apr 20, 17:35

His grandfather was a german Immigrant, who died in new york on the spanish-flu.
Thanks god he had some nice life insurances, now his brilliant grand son can rule usa.
This "fortunate-son" did go to a military academy and was a great sportsman, but vietnam war was too dirty, and he was not black....and with a lot of money you get everything, votes, chicks, friends, more money-everything.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 15. Apr 20, 12:33

I have removed a number of posts from this thread. Let's keep this thread on topic, and within the bounds of the forum rules. :)

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Wed, 15. Apr 20, 17:24

Horrible man who brings out the worst in humanity all for the sake of $$$.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 15. Apr 20, 23:54

It's not just money, it's his massive ego as well. What good is it doing anyone to have his name put on these stimulus checks? Does anyone actually give a rats ass? And during these times when people need it the most, why put the unnecessary delays on printing the checks just to do that? It serves no purpose other than to stroke his ego.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 00:49

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 15. Apr 20, 23:54
It's not just money, it's his massive ego as well. What good is it doing anyone to have his name put on these stimulus checks? Does anyone actually give a rats ass? And during these times when people need it the most, why put the unnecessary delays on printing the checks just to do that? It serves no purpose other than to stroke his ego.
No doubt he thinks it will get him some votes.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 01:24

And it will, also now that Bernie dropped out, how many of you think Biden has a chance?

Frankly I think it will be similar to 2016, Biden will struggle to motivate people to vote, so I guess the turnout will be even lower than 2016, which then means a Trump 2nd term and oh boy will that be fun...

MFG

Ketraar

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 02:16

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 16. Apr 20, 01:24
And it will, also now that Bernie dropped out, how many of you think Biden has a chance?

Frankly I think it will be similar to 2016, Biden will struggle to motivate people to vote, so I guess the turnout will be even lower than 2016, which then means a Trump 2nd term and oh boy will that be fun...

MFG

Ketraar
Trump Male Age 73

Biden Male Age 77

Average male lifespan 76.3 and it was dropping before covid. Covid death rate 1.65 males per 1 female.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 03:33

Trump is 250 lbs of bone spurs and hamburders. If either of the 2 are likely to die anytime soon, my money would be on Trump having a heart attack or stroke.

But honestly, I think Trump showed his ass to the country at dealing with covid and, other than his neo-nazi followers, I don't think folks are going to be as willing to blindly trust him. I would bet he's lost most of the independent vote and there's a concerted effort from the remaining republicans in the country to oust him and are willing to even go so far as to vote democrat to get rid of him. Combine that with the high democrat vote that came for the midterms and gubernatorial elections, I really don't give Trump much of a chance. Could be wishful thinking on my part, but I think Trump has squandered his chances.
rebellionpac.com

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 08:09

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 16. Apr 20, 03:33
Could be wishful thinking on my part, but I think Trump has squandered his chances.
Alas:
"Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain."
Friedrich Schiller, 1801

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 09:45

It does stagger me, in such a well-populated country, that the two parties struggle to come up with what I'd consider 'reasonable' candidates. I see some exceptional politicians, but they seem to take bit-parts in the political landscape. - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is an exceptional orator, but perhaps her views are too far from central, and perhaps she's still too politically naïve. - Andrew Cuomo is a brilliant and charismatic politician too, but perhaps neither he nor Alexandria want the candidacy.

And how do Republicans get selected? Is it a financial matter? I know that lobby groups have a large say, but do they get to choose? - I'm sure there can't be many Republican voters who, partisanship aside, feel Trump has been good for brand America, or is the country so insular it simply does not consider the rest of the world as particularly important?

Perhaps it's the contrast between the charisma of Obama and its absence in Trump that brings it all into sharper focus.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 09:48

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Combine that with the high democrat vote that came for the midterms and gubernatorial elections, I really don't give Trump much of a chance.
But the high turnout in midterms were directly linked to many progressive candidates, independent and much inspired by Sanders and Warren. Unless Biden pulls a VP stunt and adds one of those to the ticket I dont see the inspiration anywhere to reach midterm level of turnout. Atm its 50/45, mind Hillary had 60/30 and still lost (Gerrymandering, EC, etc are still in place).
Gavrushka wrote:
Thu, 16. Apr 20, 09:45
but perhaps neither he nor Alexandria want the candidacy.
She does not meet the minimum age to be president, which is 34 or 35.

MFG

Ketraar

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 09:56

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 16. Apr 20, 09:48
Gavrushka wrote:
but perhaps neither he nor Alexandria want the candidacy.
She does not meet the minimum age to be president, which is 34 or 35.

MFG

Ketraar
Ah, thank you.
Official Source wrote:In setting the minimum age of 35 for serving as president, compared to 30 for senators and 25 for representatives, the framers of the Constitution implemented their belief that the person holding the nation's highest elected office should be a person of maturity and experience.
Well, that's working ever so well... :roll:
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 15:21

Gavrushka wrote:
It does stagger me, in such a well-populated country, that the two parties struggle to come up with what I'd consider 'reasonable' candidates. I see some exceptional politicians, but they seem to take bit-parts in the political landscape. - Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is an exceptional orator, but perhaps her views are too far from central, and perhaps she's still too politically naïve. - Andrew Cuomo is a brilliant and charismatic politician too, but perhaps neither he nor Alexandria want the candidacy.

And how do Republicans get selected? Is it a financial matter? I know that lobby groups have a large say, but do they get to choose? - I'm sure there can't be many Republican voters who, partisanship aside, feel Trump has been good for brand America, or is the country so insular it simply does not consider the rest of the world as particularly important?

Perhaps it's the contrast between the charisma of Obama and its absence in Trump that brings it all into sharper focus.
Well, they buy their nominations from the RNC, then the RNC will decide if there's going to be a runoff or not. Totally pay to play.
Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 16. Apr 20, 09:48
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Combine that with the high democrat vote that came for the midterms and gubernatorial elections, I really don't give Trump much of a chance.
But the high turnout in midterms were directly linked to many progressive candidates, independent and much inspired by Sanders and Warren. Unless Biden pulls a VP stunt and adds one of those to the ticket I dont see the inspiration anywhere to reach midterm level of turnout. Atm its 50/45, mind Hillary had 60/30 and still lost (Gerrymandering, EC, etc are still in place).
Well, that's true. Biden doesn't necessarily fill me with the most confidence of some of the other previous contenders. But, he has gotten an official endorsement from Obama, which will certainly help. And even though I would have preferred Sanders over him or perhaps Warren, I will still feel far better voting for him than having to choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich (thank you, South Park :p). I said before, I voted for a Giant Meteor in 2016. I won't be doing that this year.

Don't underestimate how many people Trump has pissed off and will vote against him out of spite.
rebellionpac.com

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 16:00

I hope I'm wrong and you are right, for all our sake, but even as an optimist I find it hard to see a way where Trump does not win. Sure Obama endorsed Biden, but that only helps the already Biden camp, since if you read some peoples posts from say the Bernie camp, they dont really like Obama, so that is not really a plus.

In addition you have that idiotic system of FPTP, plus gerrymandering and EC which means Trump doesnt really need a majority, just enough people not voting or voting 3rd party to get elected again. Again I really hope I'm wrong.

MFG

Ketraar

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 16:21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu2548Wx4m4 this will be the final nail in his coffin if he attempts to do this. If there would ever be a reason for an armed rebellion, this would be it.
rebellionpac.com

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 16. Apr 20, 17:13

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 16. Apr 20, 16:00
I hope I'm wrong and you are right, for all our sake, but even as an optimist I find it hard to see a way where Trump does not win. Sure Obama endorsed Biden, but that only helps the already Biden camp, since if you read some peoples posts from say the Bernie camp, they dont really like Obama, so that is not really a plus.
Bernie has endorsed Biden as well, so anyone in his "camp" who doesn't vote for him is either an idiot or outright malicious.

Return to “Off Topic English”