Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 19:53

Seemingly on Friday Trump phoned one of his old divorce lawyers called Jay Goldberg, he was the lawyer who handled Trumps first divorce where the wife claimed Trump had raped her (had to throw that in). Anyway he phoned to ask for his advice, a phone call that Jay Goldberg has made public, even Trumps old lawyers leak info on him. One of the main parts was Goldberg told Trump that Cohen would flip on him. Now here's the thing, you can only flip on someone if you have something to flip on them about. So even his old divorce lawyer thinks Trump is royally screwed. It also turns out Goldberg told Trump all those years ago to stay well clear of Cohen, once again advice Trump should have taken from his lawyer.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 19:56

mrbadger wrote:
I think they stopped importing Lions too.

Sshhhh... You might give DJT ideas. (Hhhmmm.. lions...arenas... I like it! Sort of like Pro wresting!) :o
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 20:10

Hank001 wrote:mrbadger wrote:

Sshhhh... You might give DJT ideas. (Hhhmmm.. lions...arenas... I like it! Sort of like Pro wresting!) :o
Bread and circuses works since the antique, so its not really a new idea ^^
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 23:04

UniTrader said:
Bread and circuses works since the antique, so its not really a new idea
Walmart and Cable TV so much for humanity being above all that.
Keep the plebs happy is still the rule of the day. When they get riled up you get things like DJT in office. :D
MIND THE GAP

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 01:58

It turns out not all evangelicals are Trump fans after all, as an evangelical meeting turns into a Trump bashing festival.

If these guys are starting to turn on Trump, we really could be seeing the end of Trump. Another interesting point, I first picked up on this story from none other than Fox and Friends, which is just as amazing. Just to clarify I don't watch fox and friends, it was the clips title (WARNING: the following link leads to a fox news clip) Faith leaders reportedly hold anti-Trump meeting, that got my attention. I didn't manage to watch it all.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 02:18

- surely these people should be asking themselves why their voices aren't being heard..??
- they ought to be concerned about false claims being made without their consent.. :o :o
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 04:50

mrbadger wrote:I always thought Pope implied Emporor, since he is the Holy Roman Emporor, and the first popes took over the original Roman Empire, which never actually collapsed, it just ended in it's old form and morphed into the Catholic one, after some minor issues obviously....

Nope, Holy Roman Emperor was an entirely secular title separate from the papacy (well, apart from being crowned by the pope and having the word "Holy". ;) )

The Pope is essentially "just" the Bishop of Rome. But obviously with all that "head of the catholic church" stuff as well.

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 05:56

felter wrote:It turns out not all evangelicals are Trump fans after all, as an evangelical meeting turns into a Trump bashing festival.

If these guys are starting to turn on Trump, we really could be seeing the end of Trump. Another interesting point, I first picked up on this story from none other than Fox and Friends, which is just as amazing. Just to clarify I don't watch fox and friends, it was the clips title (WARNING: the following link leads to a fox news clip) Faith leaders reportedly hold anti-Trump meeting, that got my attention. I didn't manage to watch it all.
I would like to agree. However, I'd suggest that the faces represented in this meeting are, for the most part, the same people amongst the Evangelical camp who were saying "Waitaminnit, what are we DOING?!" back when Trump suddenly morphed from Reality Star to serious Republican candidate.

It's no secret that Trump has NEVER held the entire Evangelical church. In fact, he doesn't even have the majority of it - just a significant portion of its white males. Unfortunately these guys may not be the majority, but they are a large minority, and with enough numbers to tip scales in particular states.

I would suggest that even amongst the white male demographic, most of the THINKING evangelicals are at best ambivalent about Trump[1], if not outright opposed. However, there are an awful lot who don't do thinking . . .

[1] As in "Not a fan, but I can't see any alternative except for Mrs Clinton, so . . . "
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 17:31

AH but we knew there were some that did not support Trump but they hadn't up till now got together with others that supported Trump and openly talked about him, that is new. It is also like a seed where they are bringing up the issues of his sins and how bad he actually is, even the ones who support him cannot argue with that fact. There were even those that walked out early are going to go back to their practitioners who are going to ask, what went on and they are not going to be able to answer, because they walked out because they can;t defend Trump, what happened is going to get around. This is bad for Trump as it's a seed I doubt he can nip in the bud, it is a seed that will grow and grow. Also Clinton has nothing to do with it now, she did 2 years ago but not any more, she is out of the picture, she can't be used as an excuse for still supporting Trump.

At least this is what I think and the way I see it playing out.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 18:47

generally, once presidents stop being in office they step out of the public eye. That's been my impression as one of them there foreigners at any rate.

Is this indeed the case? Our Prime Ministers do sometimes, but not always.

I get the distinct impression Trump won't want to do that. Except he's not got a governorship, or ever held one, so where could he go?
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 18:51

It's going to be kind of hard for him to be in the public eye from a jail cell don't you think. :D

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 20. Apr 18, 19:23

The questions asked now with James Comey's memos in CNN's hands are why would the Republicans want them leaked to the media? I think it was to show people exactly how bad Trump is and to fuel the impeachment fires BEFORE the midterm elections. The party knows way to back Trump and win seats this fall. Soent yesterday saying Jake Tapper softsoaped Comey's interview then bang, SPECIAL REPORT, they had his memos of what happened with Trump. (Saying they were gained from a congressional source... Right... With Comey just walking out of their studio) :roll:

Everything pointing to Trump's attempts to get Comey to drop investigations. Comey is no J. Edgar Hoover, but Comey's book and his memos point to Trump acting like a mafia Don.

That there's some crooked things Trump does not want to see the lught of day is clearly evident without Comey. The question now should be "Did he do much of anything before that WASN'T dodgey?"
MIND THE GAP

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 13:48

felter wrote:Seemingly on Friday Trump phoned one of his old divorce lawyers called Jay Goldberg, ...told Trump that Cohen would flip on him. Now here's the thing, you can only flip on someone if you have something to flip on them about....
I saw an interview with him the other night. By the way, I was surprised he didn't expire on the spot. He looked just like Dave Bowman in 2001: A Space Odyssey when he was the "old man." The resemblance was uncanny...

Anyway, he backed up on that "flip" comment a bit, "explaining" that what he meant was that Cohen might decide to tell the investigators whatever they wanted to hear in exchange for a letter promising not to prosecute him.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 21. Apr 18, 19:50

Morkonan Wrote:
He looked just like Dave Bowman in 2001: A Space Odyssey
Great analogy! In this iteration of the story guess whose playing HAL? :D

Now we have Rudy into the mix. With Trump out on a limb I was wondering when he'd walk on stage. Spent enough time in office making sure DJT was treated with kid gloves. He was Rudy's "High Roller" as far as campain contributions was concerned. With Cohen part of Trump's campain machine I'm thinking there might be more than a little self interest in Giuliani's not wanting that can of worms opened. Since EVERYONE in New York knew who was backing him and what was expected in return. So it's another play by their team that has me saying, "What were they thinking?!". If I was Trump I'd want to keep the Giuliani connection as far away from him as possible! This should blow up in their faces like everything else. Just watch. :)
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 09:05

the president has two heads - one's called Sean..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m2_y2-Ql-E
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 09:32

What? Isn't Trump smart enough to write that material on his own? Doesn't appear so. With Sean Hannity as his ghost writer no wonder his tweets aren't fit to fill septic tanks!
MIND THE GAP

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 10:07

- this clowning will soon come to an abrupt end..
- once all the players are exposed for their secret allegiances, both personal and political, there will be nowhere to hide..
- the Cohen case is turning over rocks and the insects are scurrying in all directions, to escape the light..
- meanwhile the special counsel's team, headed by Robert Mueller, treads warily though the swamp toward Mordor, keeping notes of proceedings as they go..

- dan, dan, dan.. :roll:

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 22. Apr 18, 15:51

BugMeister wrote:
meanwhile the special counsel's team, headed by Robert Mueller, treads warily though the swamp toward Mordor, keeping notes of proceedings as they go.
As Cohen hunches in the rocks peering and mumbling to himself in whispers. ....gollem..... :P
MIND THE GAP

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 26. Apr 18, 16:02

So Cohen did it, he took the fifth while also it has been verified that David Dennison is Donald Trump, even though everyone already knew this but it has now been confirmed.

To take the Fifth is all but to admit you have done something that would be deemed as a crime and you don't want to incriminate yourself in said crime. Here's the thing, he has taken the fifth in the civil case against him and Stormy, so the big question has to be what crime did he commit and was Trump involved in that crime.

The next one is, when do you think Trump will announce that he is giving Cohen a pardon for all of his crimes that he may have committed.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 26. Apr 18, 16:46

felter wrote: The next one is, when do you think Trump will announce that he is giving Cohen a pardon for all of his crimes that he may have committed.
Never? It's far more likely he'll continue to insist that Cohen did anything he may or may not have done without his knowledge, and so he can't be blamed with any crimes that may or may not have happened.

Return to “Off Topic English”