Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fiksal
x4

Re: Trump

Post by fiksal » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 18:59

So you guys mentioned Stone, did someone post any quotes yet?

Here are some

To safeguard Trump’s position, Stone called for federal authorities to seize ballots in Nevada, for FBI agents to physically block certain voters from casting their ballots, and for Trump to use his powers for widespread arrests to solidify his power, Media Matters first reported.

Under martial law and the Insurrection Act, Trump will have “the authority” to arrest Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Apple CEO Tim Cook, “the Clintons” and “anybody else who can be proven to be involved in illegal activity,” Stone said. He also called for the immediate arrest of former defense secretary James Mattis for “sedition,” apparently because he feared Trump was unfit for office, according to Washington Post journalist’s to Bob Woodward’s upcoming book, “Rage.”

In addition, Stone warned, journalist also risk arrest. “If the Daily Beast is involved in provably seditious ... acts” in a new Trump future, their “entire staff can be taken into custody and their office can be shut down.” “They want to play war, this is war,” he added.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/roger-st ... 25669.html
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 19:09

I didn't quote him but yeah. Not very confident they can win if they're suggesting using martial law, are they?
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 19:43

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 19:09
I didn't quote him but yeah. Not very confident they can win if they're suggesting using martial law, are they?
I can see this happening, especailly if Trump does lose. Then expect a full scale revolt / civil war.

This is a dark path, but I cam see it happening if Trump gets his way. He is desperate to cling onto power, I wouldn't put it past him.

Sorry to say, your country is heading into dictatorship / hell regime. And Trump will love every minute of it.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 19:57

matthewfarmery wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 19:43
Vertigo 7 wrote:
I can see this happening, especailly if Trump does lose. Then expect a full scale revolt / civil war.

This is a dark path, but I cam see it happening if Trump gets his way. He is desperate to cling onto power, I wouldn't put it past him.

Sorry to say, your country is heading into dictatorship / hell regime. And Trump will love every minute of it.
I hope that doesn't end up being the case but I wouldn't put it past him either. If that day comes, it will certainly be a day to mourn but I will fight for this country and I'm confident there will be many others that will as well. It's not something I relish but if that's what our last option is, then so be it.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 20:13

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 19:57
matthewfarmery wrote:
Vertigo 7 wrote:

I hope that doesn't end up being the case but I wouldn't put it past him either. If that day comes, it will certainly be a day to mourn but I will fight for this country and I'm confident there will be many others that will as well. It's not something I relish but if that's what our last option is, then so be it.
I also hope it doesn't come to this either. But this is Trump, he has tried to play the dictators card a few times now. By trying to delay the election, then sending federal officers to ballot boxes, and of course, not going to acknowledge if the result if things don't go his way. everything he has said, to me, he is getting desperate, backed into a corner and no way out. And that is most dangerous. Ge has made a mess of things over Tick tok, with china. and the middle east. But he still craves power. And sadly, he will stop at nothing to keep that power. So expect anything to happen. While his supporters continue to cheer him on while blind to the dangers themselves.

A dark cloud is looming, and the wind is blowing it inland. there might still be time for it to change course, but that is up to Trump.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 20:34

matthewfarmery wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 20:13
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 19:57
matthewfarmery wrote:

I also hope it doesn't come to this either. But this is Trump, he has tried to play the dictators card a few times now. By trying to delay the election, then sending federal officers to ballot boxes, and of course, not going to acknowledge if the result if things don't go his way. everything he has said, to me, he is getting desperate, backed into a corner and no way out. And that is most dangerous. Ge has made a mess of things over Tick tok, with china. and the middle east. But he still craves power. And sadly, he will stop at nothing to keep that power. So expect anything to happen. While his supporters continue to cheer him on while blind to the dangers themselves.

A dark cloud is looming, and the wind is blowing it inland. there might still be time for it to change course, but that is up to Trump.
Well, there are laws that prevent some of what he is saying. Remember, elections are run by the states, not the federal government. For example, in my state, only 1 poll monitor per party can be at a polling place at a time and they have to be certified by the state. So like random hillbilly can't just show up and say "Mungo here to watch vote!" and that be allowed. And there's things the poll monitors can and can't do as well, such as be near voting machines or inside the enclosed space where people fill out their ballots, or interact with voters.

Police are allowed inside polling places but they have laws they have to obey as well, and you know there's going to be cameras out the wazoo, especially this election, so it'll be harder for them to harass people that are trying to vote, especially if they're only targeting minorities. At best, they'll have authority to tell people to change their clothing or what not if they're wearing political attire since campaigning is not permitted inside polling places.
rebellionpac.com

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 21:33

You had the right to bear arms to prevent this sort of thing didn't you? (I'm not an expert on the US constitution).
Whatever, the carrying of weaponry hasn't done a thing to prevent the country going downhill.

Rising debt and cost of living, a legal opioid addiction epidemic. Out of control education debt and untenable an health insurance situation even for most people with insurance.
This can't continue. There's only so much talking to stadiums full of people with MAGA hats on can do. Something major has to change.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 14. Sep 20, 01:40

mrbadger wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 21:33
You had the right to bear arms to prevent this sort of thing didn't you? (I'm not an expert on the US constitution).
Whatever, the carrying of weaponry hasn't done a thing to prevent the country going downhill.

Rising debt and cost of living, a legal opioid addiction epidemic. Out of control education debt and untenable an health insurance situation even for most people with insurance.
This can't continue. There's only so much talking to stadiums full of people with MAGA hats on can do. Something major has to change.
Not had, have. But that is the last fail safe against a tyrannical government. Unfortunately, there's people that think that means anytime the mayor does something they don't like, it's time to lock and load. One of those "very stable genius" types was on here spouting his willingness to go shoot his governor or mayor or whoever if they tried to make him wear a mask about every other week. Of course he is also one of those people that thinks the US constitution starts and stops at the 2nd amendment and nothing else matters.

Trump isn't going to do anything to make things livable, financially, for anyone. His "tax cut" did nothing but give more money to the already rich, middle and lower income got jack all from it. He has had 4 years to come up with the super duper better than ACA replacement for healthcare, he's missed 2 announced deadlines to have that finalized. I will grant that Trump has taken steps to deal with opioids, but it's not enough and the Sackler family is still breathing free air. But given his track record, I would wager that the only reason he took interest in dealing with that was because white folks were getting addicted and judging by the look of Don Jr., he probably got nailed using a few times and daddy dearest swept it under the rug.

I'll grant you, those are all problems that need a solution and soon. However, all of that isn't going to matter a bit if the US falls to fascism and Trump is allowed to crown himself emperor.
rebellionpac.com

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 14. Sep 20, 09:00

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Mon, 14. Sep 20, 01:40

I'll grant you, those are all problems that need a solution and soon. However, all of that isn't going to matter a bit if the US falls to fascism and Trump is allowed to crown himself emperor.
That you can even say this is an indication of how far things have gone wrong. No matter how bad he might be, I still don't think Trump is the problem. After all, he got elected, people went out and selected him to be president.

It's not like his corruption was something people weren't aware of, but US elections are a gameshow now, and the contestant who puts on the best performance wins.

The same can be said of UK politics. Not so long back Labour and the Conservatives were virtually identical, just like the Republicans and Democrats used to be the same party, and still are both far right of our Conservatives. (let's not even start on when Labour pretty much let the unions run the country, and yes I am a labour supporter, but I've no clue what they're up to now)

Back to the orange moron though, he might be scared of leaving office, because he'll lose the protection from prosecution it gives him and his family. As soon as he's out, whether soon or in four years the hounds will start circling.
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 14. Sep 20, 09:05

fiksal wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 18:59
So you guys mentioned Stone, did someone post any quotes yet?

Here are some

To safeguard Trump’s position, Stone called for federal authorities to seize ballots in Nevada, for FBI agents to physically block certain voters from casting their ballots, and for Trump to use his powers for widespread arrests to solidify his power, Media Matters first reported.

Under martial law and the Insurrection Act, Trump will have “the authority” to arrest Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Apple CEO Tim Cook, “the Clintons” and “anybody else who can be proven to be involved in illegal activity,” Stone said. He also called for the immediate arrest of former defense secretary James Mattis for “sedition,” apparently because he feared Trump was unfit for office, according to Washington Post journalist’s to Bob Woodward’s upcoming book, “Rage.”

In addition, Stone warned, journalist also risk arrest. “If the Daily Beast is involved in provably seditious ... acts” in a new Trump future, their “entire staff can be taken into custody and their office can be shut down.” “They want to play war, this is war,” he added.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/roger-st ... 25669.html
I mean: can he do it? Is FBI or whatever he's asking to arrest journalists realistically going to follow his orders? Are federal agents so "dirty" to do things like those?

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Mon, 14. Sep 20, 10:36

mrbadger wrote:
Mon, 14. Sep 20, 09:00
Vertigo 7 wrote:

That you can even say this is an indication of how far things have gone wrong. No matter how bad he might be, I still don't think Trump is the problem. After all, he got elected, people went out and selected him to be president.

It's not like his corruption was something people weren't aware of, but US elections are a gameshow now, and the contestant who puts on the best performance wins.

The same can be said of UK politics. Not so long back Labour and the Conservatives were virtually identical, just like the Republicans and Democrats used to be the same party, and still are both far right of our Conservatives. (let's not even start on when Labour pretty much let the unions run the country, and yes I am a labour supporter, but I've no clue what they're up to now)

Back to the orange moron though, he might be scared of leaving office, because he'll lose the protection from prosecution it gives him and his family. As soon as he's out, whether soon or in four years the hounds will start circling.
Technically the Electoral College made him president, he did lose the popular vote. So you could argue if it wasn't for that, he wouldn't have got in.

But Trump is ultimately part of the problem, he adding fuel to the ever increasing fire. basically making things far worse. Until he goes, the problem isn't going to get better. but at the same time, if there is a major problem within the US, then something needs to be done about it. But it will take a different person other then Trump to do it.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 14. Sep 20, 14:40

mrbadger wrote:
Mon, 14. Sep 20, 09:00
Vertigo 7 wrote:

You misunderstand. It's not about him being duly elected. He can serve out his constitutionally prescribed term in office. But the sheer fact that he's turned American troops onto American citizens, the number of times he's blatantly defied constitutional mandates, once again, saying hes "entitled to a 3rd term" despite the constitution clearly saying no more than 2, and his attacks on voting, it's like he thinks acts like the constitution was optional reading.

He truly believes he can "do whatever he wants" as president, and that just is not so. However, Bill Barr is unwilling to hold Trump or anyone in his corner accountable, and the senate republicans are afraid of getting tweeted at so he is being allowed to do whatever he wants. Now, especially with his attacks on voting and the high likelihood that he's going to defy the will of the people to remain in office, and with his pattern of disregard for the constitution, come Jan 20, we may be in a position where we have to drag his orange ass out of the white house. If that means we have to go to war to do it, then by god that's what we'll do. His term ends on Jan 20 at noon EST, one way or another.
rebellionpac.com

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Mon, 14. Sep 20, 15:49

Here in the UK people complain about how who wins elections gets decided when an unpopular thing happens.
You need only look at the referendum. Would they have complained as loudly if the remain side had won I wonder? That was a simple majority, which is bizarrely what most want for our general elections. But they *hated* it when it worked as expected in the referendum.

You can't blame an election method if you accept it when the results are to your liking. Either you want it to be changed or you don't.

In the UK there've been debates about changing how elections work for decades, and thus far zero progress has been made. However our country, while far from perfect isn't on the brink of potential social collapse.

Disability rights are under attack, the elderly are being stripped of their property and savings to pay for care they've already paid for via national insurance. Yeah, things are far from perfect, but we're not falling apart, yet.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 14. Sep 20, 16:01

mrbadger wrote:
Mon, 14. Sep 20, 15:49
Here in the UK people complain about how who wins elections gets decided when an unpopular thing happens.
You need only look at the referendum. Would they have complained as loudly if the remain side had won I wonder? That was a simple majority, which is bizarrely what most want for our general elections. But they *hated* it when it worked as expected in the referendum.

You can't blame an election method if you accept it when the results are to your liking. Either you want it to be changed or you don't.

In the UK there've been debates about changing how elections work for decades, and thus far zero progress has been made. However our country, while far from perfect isn't on the brink of potential social collapse.

Disability rights are under attack, the elderly are being stripped of their property and savings to pay for care they've already paid for via national insurance. Yeah, things are far from perfect, but we're not falling apart, yet.
Yeah, the electoral system here is really only popular among conservatives. It really is the only way they can win a presidential election. That should tell you something about the popularity of conservatism in this country. I think the problems go beyond that and the 2 party system that we have creates too big of a dividing line for political issues. Current state of affairs aside, just creating 2 sides will always lead to an us vs them mentality and leave little room for compromise. And then when you get an egomaniacal despot like Trump thrown into the mix, you get more than half the country left out in the cold.
BrasatoAlBarolo wrote:
Mon, 14. Sep 20, 09:05
I mean: can he do it? Is FBI or whatever he's asking to arrest journalists realistically going to follow his orders? Are federal agents so "dirty" to do things like those?
Doubtful, but possible. Trump and Barr may not be willing to obey laws but FBI would be hard pressed to arrest people without cause not to mention that arresting journalists just cause Trump said so would be a major violation of the 1st amendment.

This is the thing that Trump is failing to comprehend, though. If he upends the constitution, that means we are a lawless nation. No one will be bound to obey any laws as they are all derived from powers granted by the constitution. Which means his orange ass will be in some serious physical danger if even a percentage of the population rises up to overthrow him.
rebellionpac.com

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 13:34

One of Mr Trump's latest campaign ads proclaims "Support our troops" while showing Mig 29s flying and Ak74s being carried.

The media think it's just a gaff. I think it's what's called a Freudian slip. When Mr Trump says "our troops" he means Russian troops
not American ones. We know he doesn't give a damn about the lives of Americans

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 13:43

There's a bunch of stories bubbling up about whistleblower complaint(s?) detailing unnecessary medical procedures performed on women, without their consent, in ICE / DHS detention facilities. Procedures that included hysterectomies.

I hope to god the stories aren't true / the complaint is without foundation, because if there's any truth to it at all it's very, very ugly indeed :(.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Y-llian
x4

Post by Y-llian » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 14:23

RegisterMe wrote:
Wed, 16. Sep 20, 13:43
There's a bunch of stories bubbling up about whistleblower complaint(s?) detailing unnecessary medical procedures performed on women, without their consent, in ICE / DHS detention facilities. Procedures that included hysterectomies.

I hope to god the stories aren't true / the complaint is without foundation, because if there's any truth to it at all it's very, very ugly indeed :(.
This is already happening - to Uyghur women in detention. And yet, confronted with this ugliness the world stays largely silent or offers mere slip service condemning it...

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 14:57

RegisterMe wrote:

Somehow, I would not be surprised. Trump is trying his damnedest to emulate Hitler. Might as well add illegal medical procedures to his resume.
rebellionpac.com

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 15:35

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Wed, 16. Sep 20, 14:57
RegisterMe wrote:

Somehow, I would not be surprised. Trump is trying his damnedest to emulate Hitler. Might as well add illegal medical procedures to his resume.

Fixed it for you.

Somehow, I would not be surprised. Trump is trying his damnedest to emulate Hitler. Might as well add illegal medical procedures to his regime.

But yeah, wouldn't surprise me either.

Any way I fear another 4 years of this mad man.
=

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 18:34

In other news, the great negotiator failed. Despite claiming how easy it is to win trade wars, tariffs on Canadian aluminum were dropped by the US after Canada threatened a counter tariff. Womp womp.

In the same vein, WTO found that the US trade war with China has been illegal and that the US exceeded it's agreed upon limits. Course, Trump won't give a damn and thanks to Trump, the WTO does not have the necessary judges to really do anything about it.
rebellionpac.com

Return to “Off Topic English”