Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BugMeister
x4

Re: Trump

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 22:55

more fascist propaganda from the fat rich boy in the White House..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjeuuCVOFS0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSingdqWpuQ

- the insolence of Trump is becoming legendary..
- insensitive swine!!

seems that AG Barr has a history of attempting to cover up presidential decisions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd-6FlBT3fo

his "opinion" is actually worth nothing - so, why should we believe that he has honourable intentions ( - on anything..!!)
he covered for Bush Snr. when he screwed up the illegal Panama Coup attempt in 1989.. it took ages to get the real facts in that case
- he is hoping to get away with the same sort of deliberate ambiguity, with the Mueller Report..

- he is an empty horse - a hand-picked puppet for the White House admin - selected solely to apply "fuzzy logic" to a very serious matter..

he is not the only two-faced politician willing to lie on behalf of the president
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ27xzEwQ3Q
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 19:18

Lol, love how many of his supporters back in the day said when interviewed "he's a straight talker", just shows how they do not actually listen to what he says but rather to what they believe he is saying. Watching interviews with him or doing his neverending Trump-ass kissing rallies, it's all so super-incoherant, filled to the brim with obvious lack of factual knowledge, and just so shaped by his very disturbing personality.

I do some volunteer work in a home for the elderly he reminds me of those folks when they have a good moment, they really want to share what is stirring their brain at that moment, and even though from their perspective it might seem they have never been as clear about something in their life, while to me sure they're suddenly talkative and make a whole lot more sense than they usually do, it still has a somewhat weird and non-sensical vibe to it.

Now i think Trump has always been an annoying **** partly due to how he grew up etc. but i disliked him for who he became in a normal natural way given the circumstances around him. But at this point im pretty convinced that he's got an actual sickness or something and he probably knows it, yet the person that he already was and mostly remain to be for a while will never let him actaully admit that.
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 23:02

I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 23:24

From the article in your link:

In his interview last week, Mr Trump said he had thought of his daughter for a number of different roles - including US ambassador to the United Nations, because he believes she is "a natural diplomat".

But he was warned off nominating her for the role, he said, because "they'd say nepotism, when it would've had nothing to do with nepotism".

Particulary that last part. The man is so out of touch with reality, in itself nothing special, plenty of insane people to go around everywhere, but to have one elected into the office of what once was a country most of the western world held in high regard!? Now that's something special. And he also still has an aproval rating of +40%, that's actually the most baffling in some ways at least, the us population will never be regarded in the same way going forward.

Oh i've heard the tarrif wars are going well(NOT), Trump has its eye on airbus now? I guess since boeing is in bit of rough patch right now he thinks that giving them a break will bring him another step closer to the corporate elite he always wanted so desperatly to be a part of.

https://www.businessinsider.nl/trump-us ... =true&r=US

Thanks to this loving his daughter in the wrong way guy the world will hit the next recession at least a year earlier than it could have.

PS Gues we have to put tarrifs on all sorts of American products to, since giving subsidies, tax-breaks and bailouts to companies is actually pretty common in the pretend capatalist nation of the u.s.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 00:10

To be fair the spat between Boeing and Airbus has been going on for years. And whilst it's true to say that the WTO has ruled in favour of Boeing's claim against Airbus many people seem to have forgotten that it has yet to rule on Airbus' claim against Boeing....
I can't breathe.

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 00:26

True, and the wto has indeed told the involved european countries to implement certain measures and and remove most subsidies, the parties involved have told the DSB that they have done so and they are currently looking wether not this is indeed done as was intended. Whereas the case against boeing is still much more ongoing. So it seems to me that we've already been judged and sentenced and are currently beeing checked wether or not the sentence has been properly served. So what's the point of trump getting involved? Kissing corporate ass as he has done throughout his presidency.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 20:16

Did you guys read the report yet?

Here's one summary
https://www.npr.org/2019/04/18/70896502 ... ler-report
Gotta look for others that can maybe go into more depth than this

Hopefully a full version of the report will make it out at some point, at least into Congress hands.

RegisterMe wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 19, 23:02
Oh my. Where to start?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47968745
:D
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 21:05

fiksal wrote:
Thu, 18. Apr 19, 20:16
Did you guys read the report yet?

Here's one summary
Gotta look for others that can maybe go into more depth than this

Hopefully a full version of the report will make it out at some point, at least into Congress hands.

Thanks for that. I haven't read it yet but was just about to come here and ask if anybody had found a tldr of it yet :)
I can't breathe.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 21:21

There's also a CNN page that grows faster than NPR's
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... rt-public/

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 21:40

Lol Trump is totally gonna flip out over it all.

But from what i've read, even if he wasn't exactly succesfull at obstruction of justice, the intent was there and it was all his. Well that for me that would be enough to get rid of the guy.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 23:00

Grim Lock wrote:
Thu, 18. Apr 19, 21:40
Lol Trump is totally gonna flip out over it all.

But from what i've read, even if he wasn't exactly succesfull at obstruction of justice, the intent was there and it was all his. Well that for me that would be enough to get rid of the guy.
From what I see he is doing victory laps (possibly later around a golf course?)

Lets wait and see where this all goes.

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 23:14

fiksal wrote:
Thu, 18. Apr 19, 23:00

Lol he IS crazy, so i guess expect the unexpected?

I don't expect there to be real repurcussions at this time, as one of the dems already said, it's only 18 months to the next election so why bother. (not exactly what he said but what it boils down to)

But i do think he will be going to flip out over this all even if he currently is cheating at golf to make himself feel good. (can you imagine this guy actually filling out the score-card properly? lol)

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 02:04

Well.... taking this all at face value.... and it ain't going away any time soon.
I can't breathe.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 02:12

More summaries: a take from NYT

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/18/us/p ... aways.html
Grim Lock wrote:
Thu, 18. Apr 19, 23:14
fiksal wrote:
Thu, 18. Apr 19, 23:00

Lol he IS crazy, so i guess expect the unexpected?

I don't expect there to be real repurcussions at this time, as one of the dems already said, it's only 18 months to the next election so why bother. (not exactly what he said but what it boils down to)

But i do think he will be going to flip out over this all even if he currently is cheating at golf to make himself feel good. (can you imagine this guy actually filling out the score-card properly? lol)

I feel need to repeat that for a guy who is not (yet) guilty he surely keeps acting like one.

But perhaps he is really that nuts.

And perhaps he is staying afloat on technicalities along and the fact that Republicans have an unhealthy crush on Trump.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 02:44

Just an observation - No matter what the Mueller Report says or implies or maintains that it did or didn't accomplish, the fact is that there wasn't a direct recommendation for a criminal indictment...

That will always be Trump's defense and it is fairly "ironclad" as far as his supporters and Republican Congresspersons looking for a reason to keep supporting Trump are concerned.

There will not likely be any Trump-Supporters in Congress "defecting" as a direct result of this report. And, that means that nothing is really going to come out of Congress that Trump can't directly label a "Witchunt."

I've heard commentators and talking heads say "Game Over" today. And, honestly, as far as the ability of Trump Supporters to legitimize their continued support of Trump by using this report is concerned, they're pretty much right...

Unless the other investigations going on or a new one uncovers video of Trump getting paid bajillions of monies or paying the Russians, in some way, to get illegal support and or cover-up his sadistic fetish for stomping in the heads of kittens is unveiled... Ain't nothin' of any significance going to happen because of Mueller's conclusions. Mueller's team effectively abdicated any responsibility for further legal action and kicked the can over to Congress, which hasn't been functioning effectively for the past friggin' ten years... Yay?

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 03:20

You got that right. They kicked it over to Congress, and we know who Senate is in bed with.

And then also to courts it seems. They have more bite.

I also get a weird feeling that Mueller works like Comey - by the book, only precise conclusions supported by carefully read information.

Will see how this works out.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 03:34

fiksal wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 19, 03:20
You got that right. They kicked it over to Congress, and we know who Senate is in bed with.

And then also to courts it seems. They have more bite.

I also get a weird feeling that Mueller works like Comey - by the book, only precise conclusions supported by carefully read information.

Will see how this works out.
Agreed.

I think Mueller would have acted differently if there was an iron-clad smoking gun. But, there wasn't enough evidence to prove that in his judgement. The team did state that there could be such evidence, they just couldn't find it due to <insert reason>.

But, all that matters is that Trump wasn't served with a criminal charge when Day 0 hit... That's all that matters from this report and now Congress/whoever will drag that out into the open in any aguement short of actual verified video surfacing of Trump stomping on puppy-heads while peeing on underage prostitutes in a Russian flophouse.

The "next step" will be whatever the House of Representatives manages to gain access to that is actually "new evidence." I doubt that will be anything substantial enough to sway Republican congresspersons away from their Trump-Supporter-Base to take the risk of siding "with the Democrats." But, the other investigations, such as certain State investigations, may uncover more direct evidence. Even so, with everything the nation's intelligence agencies could have gained sitting in front of Mueller, there's no easy way to separate Trump from the "defense" he has from no charges being filed as part of the Mueller report.

An era of "Teflon Trump" is about to be born if this holds true. :(

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 13:15

they were not targeting Trump directly - as James Comey said..
the investigation was into Russian interference in the 2016 US election
- as a result scores of individuals have been indicted - several other enquiries have sprung into being, as a direct result..
- how on earth you can say this is a victory for Trump and the Trump Org.is beyond me..

- there are still many unanswered questions, and a forensic enquiry into Trump's personal finances has begun as a result of Mueller's enquiries
- there is still a lot to do, to ensure that the office of the president is not open to abuse by Trump AND the Trump family and it's illegal activities while in office..

- then there's the money-laundering - the extortion and blackmail in the White House....
- and the deliberate and blatant manipulation of the office for financial gain..
- and the obstruction of justice..
- and a whole host of other matters that need urgent attention..

this one will run and run.. Trump's problems are only just beginning..
the Replicant Party is in disarray..
Trump still thinks of himself as the King of America..

- cargo trucks loaded with fresh popcorn arriving shortly.. :lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 19:29

huh... I found another angle
"Vol. II, Page 2: Second, while the O.L.C. opinion concludes that a sitting president may not be prosecuted, it recognizes that a criminal investigation during the president’s term is permissible. The O.L.C. opinion also recognizes that a president does not have immunity after he leaves office. And if individuals other than the president committed an obstruction offense, they may be prosecuted at this time. Given those considerations, the facts known to us, and the strong public interest in safeguarding the integrity of the criminal justice system, we conducted a thorough factual investigation in order to preserve the evidence when memories were fresh and documentary materials were available."

Did I just read what I think I did?

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 21:27

fiksal wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 19, 19:29
Did I just read what I think I did?
And if I'm correct about what I think you think you just read ... I'm sorry to say it won't happens.

Now if you don't like Trump and just want see him out of the office, then that is the end of your goal. But to other politicians that's merely a mean to an end, not an end itself. The end goal of Democrat is probably something as taking back the white house. So when Trump is no longer in the office, he won't be matter to their goal anymore. If Trump loses the next election we can assume it will be a Democrat sitting inside the Whitehouse, and I bet at that point they will prefer to focus their attention in pushing whatever agenda they have. Even if Trump were no long a president, he has the resource to fight any accusation and make it into a lengthy battle, that is something I doubt Democrat would risk spending considerable political capital on an endeavour that would offer them no meaningful gain. The only way to bring that battle to a swift conclusion would be the existence of damning and irrefutable evidences in large quantity ... and you see the catch 22 here, if such evidence exists, they wouldn't have to wait until he's out of office.

But of course, I think it's the full intention of the politician for people to interpret it that way. After all, if you are someone who want to see Trump indicted, that prospect will be a good incentive for you to go vote next year, right? :)
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Return to “Off Topic English”