Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

felter
xr

Re: Trump

Post by felter » Sat, 12. Oct 19, 03:16

So Kevin McAleenan has quit as Trumps 4th Homeland Security chief, that's not a bad record that will be 5 Homeland Security chiefs in 3 years some Presidents have done 2 terms and not went through as many in both of those terms together. And to think Trump once mocked Obama for having 3 Chiefs of staff in 3 years. I've run out of fingers on the amount of staff he has had to fire or have just up and quit on him. You know something is seriously up when a boss can't keep his staff. Back to Kevin McAleenan I wonder if him getting jeered of the stage the other night had anything to do with him quitting. Also have you noticed that every time one of Trumps staff quits on him Trump says:
"Kevin now, after many years in government, wants to spend more time with his family and go to the private sector."
Why do they all suddenly want to spend more time with their family, surely what he really means is that they want to spend less time or be associated with Trump.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 12. Oct 19, 03:20

RegisterMe wrote:
Sat, 12. Oct 19, 01:50
That is an extremely powerful piece of writing, and I cannot wait to see if anybody dares challenge it.

Incidentally, and apropos of nothing more than its Americanness (ugghhh), I had drinks tonight with an old friend, a Rear Admiral in the US Navy, his wife, and a school friend of hers, a DC policeman for the last thirty years.

The admiral is obviously a friend of mine, but he's on a very, very short list of people I trust implicitly. Completely, utterly, without question, ever. The cop I'd never met before. I had a good chat with the cop, who was a) open and honest about voting for Trump, b) and his reasons for voting for Trump (his 401k) and c) understood, clearly, how bad Trump was for the reputation of the US. And yup, he found that difficult.

From what I can divine (and it's tough) the Admiral and I differ on Trump. At least in as much as I thought Obama was brilliant, and he didn't trust him. But he's a professional warrior, and would never be drawn on what he thought of the current incumbent.

Just a minor example of how trust, instinct, understanding and knowledge can all conflict, and be challenged and discussed, and people can still be friends at the end of it. Much like most of this thread if I am honest :).
I can understand wanting to increase one's retirement savings. Hell, I want to. But ends justifying the means is never the morally just way to get ahead. That's the same kind of rationale that criminals and dictators use to get what they want. I *hope* that realization has dawned on your cop friend, it sounds like it might have.

As an aside, military officers, especially the more senior ones, tend to refrain from political opinions for the simple reason their oath (as well as enlisted) is to "...support and defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and obey the orders of the president..." It's not surprising the Admiral didn't give you clear stances on his opinion of Trump. Being in the military is a bitch like that because voicing a dissenting opinion of the president could be construed as "conduct unbecoming" under the UCMJ. Service personnel are not permitted to give news interviews in uniform without command authorization for the same reason. Not saying they can't have an opinion, just that vocalizing it is generally frowned upon and the military doesn't want some hothead misrepresenting their branch of service.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 12. Oct 19, 03:29

felter wrote:
Sat, 12. Oct 19, 03:16
So Kevin McAleenan has quit as Trumps 4th Homeland Security chief, that's not a bad record that will be 5 Homeland Security chiefs in 3 years some Presidents have done 2 terms and not went through as many in both of those terms together. And to think Trump once mocked Obama for having 3 Chiefs of staff in 3 years. I've run out of fingers on the amount of staff he has had to fire or have just up and quit on him. You know something is seriously up when a boss can't keep his staff. Back to Kevin McAleenan I wonder if him getting jeered of the stage the other night had anything to do with him quitting. Also have you noticed that every time one of Trumps staff quits on him Trump says:
"Kevin now, after many years in government, wants to spend more time with his family and go to the private sector."
Why do they all suddenly want to spend more time with their family, surely what he really means is that they want to spend less time or be associated with Trump.
lol I would love to see someone resign and word their reasoning just like that. I'm sure Trump would go ballistic. But yeah, pretty pathetic record of turnover out of the WH. I guess by "doing more than any other administration in the history of the country" he meant filling out paperwork for terminated employees. If that's what he meant, then bravo?
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 12. Oct 19, 03:50

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 12. Oct 19, 03:20
As an aside, military officers, especially the more senior ones, tend to refrain from political opinions for the simple reason their oath (as well as enlisted) is to "...support and defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and obey the orders of the president..." It's not surprising the Admiral didn't give you clear stances on his opinion of Trump. Being in the military is a bitch like that because voicing a dissenting opinion of the president could be construed as "conduct unbecoming" under the UCMJ. Service personnel are not permitted to give news interviews in uniform without command authorization for the same reason. Not saying they can't have an opinion, just that vocalizing it is generally frowned upon and the military doesn't want some hothead misrepresenting their branch of service.
Yup. And I'd love to have that conversation with him. He's "been there, done that, got the t-shirt". He's also done staff college, got an MBA in international relations (or whatever), and all the rest of it. As do... all the senior staff in the US (and the UK) military......

MASH / Blackadder / the standard tropes, the US does not do dumb senior officers. They're not always right though :).
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 12. Oct 19, 04:36

RegisterMe wrote:
Fri, 11. Oct 19, 10:25

Come in off the ledge Masterbagger :).

1. Russia was not a hoax. Every security agency the US possesses agrees on the fact that Russia meddled in the 2016 elections. Ignoring the copious evidence of obstruction of justice I accept that the Mueller inquiry found no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, but that is not the same thing as saying that "blah Russia blah" was a hoax.
2. What DNC server? There is no evidence that any such thing ever existed. Even if there were, there is no evidence that Ukraine possesses it. If you hang your belief in this on your confidence in Trump's IT infrastructure knowledge I'd suggest you're on pretty thin ice :).
3. Firstly whilst I agree with you that Hunter Biden's involvement with Burisma looks hookey to date there is no evidence that he has done anything wrong (compare and contrast with the Trump children). Secondly the "act of corruption by Joe Biden" doesn't and didn't exist. At the time Biden was carrying out, above board, US policy (and EU, IMF and World Bank policy). Third Trump's request was to benefit himself personally. Fourth you conveniently left out the fact that Trump made military aid to Ukraine (which I don't need to remind you is in a hot war with.... Russia) contingent on their help with investigating these issues, for his personal benefit. Issues which have been debunked by everybody who has looked into them. Fifth, why did Trump have his personal lawyer involved?

The basis of the outrage here is the fact that Trump made US military aid to an ally in a hot war with Russia contingent on them benefiting him personally. That is illegal and morally repugnant.
How did Russia meddle? They spent a tiny fraction of what either candidate did on social media. They didn't make anyone vote either way. It didn't take Russia to make people not want clinton. She is a terrible person with scandals dating back decades. It is blown out of proportion so badly it has become absurd. Dems lied their asses off and dropped the Russia collusion hoax on Trump because they wanted a means to impeach him. Mueller was a fishing expedition to investigate Trump on a false pretext. Dems don't care. They don't have a problem using false testimony if it gets them what they want.

That DNC server was leaked to wikileaks and part of the Russia hoax was claiming that they hacked it. I'm just not taking the words of the dems over this since they never allowed the FBI to examine the server. They hired Crowdstrike to do it and forwarded the results to the FBI with redactions. I think it is very relevant to find that server if it still exists. Wikileaks denied Russia was the source of those emails and I believe them more readily. If you remember the whole Benghazi saga where clinton and others in the obama regime pushed a false narrative about a youtube video being the cause of the attack you will get where I am coming from. I read the emails where they talked about that attack to themselves. They knew it was terrorism right away and they lied to us anyway. Dems don't care about lying if it gets them power. I have no trust for their word.

Look, if you want to prove Trump did a quid pro quo then you don't have him in his own words demanding one. He's got a right to ask Ukraine to investigate corruption especially if we did it to them. There isn't enough there to prove he did it for personal gain and not just because corruption is bad. We have all been here before with the Russia thing. The only difference is I've been witnessing democrat scum and villainy longer. This stinks of it. Just let it play out and see what happens. I've been right before. Have some faith.
Who made that man a gunner?

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 12. Oct 19, 05:21

I'll summarize the last 20 posts of Masterbagger and will predict the next 20.

blah blah blah, Russia hoax. Blah blah blah, hypocritical statement about democrats. Blah blah blah <copy/paste Trump tweet>
rebellionpac.com

red assassin
x3

Post by red assassin » Sat, 12. Oct 19, 10:20

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 12. Oct 19, 04:36
That DNC server was leaked to wikileaks and part of the Russia hoax was claiming that they hacked it. I'm just not taking the words of the dems over this since they never allowed the FBI to examine the server. They hired Crowdstrike to do it and forwarded the results to the FBI with redactions. I think it is very relevant to find that server if it still exists. Wikileaks denied Russia was the source of those emails and I believe them more readily.
Skipping the rest here because we both know neither of us are changing their minds, but I did want to chip in here because information security is my professional field. This is utter nonsense.

Crowdstrike is one of the major incident response companies and they work with the FBI a lot. Complete server images were shared with the FBI. There's nothing irregular about this and it's nothing to do with "allowing" the FBI to examine anything - Crowdstrike took and shared images and there's just no reason to examine the physical device at that point. Also, it's the FBI. If they'd wanted to see them anyway, they would have.

There's abundant public evidence that the DNC network was compromised by two Russian attributed groups, and that they targeted the campaign more widely. Multiple companies have reported on this via a number of different sources. The phishing email that compromised John Podesta's account is even in the Wikileaks email dump and leaks all the other targeting by the same campaign. Speaking of which, there's public documentation of Wikileaks actively soliciting compromising material on the Democratic campaign from an obvious and proven Russian intelligence persona, so I find their denials unconvincing.

There's literally no evidence that this Ukraine server ever existed. It's a stupid and completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theory by people who have no idea about how computers work.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 12. Oct 19, 14:29

red assassin wrote:
Sat, 12. Oct 19, 10:20
Skipping the rest here because we both know neither of us are changing their minds, but I did want to chip in here because information security is my professional field. This is utter nonsense.

Crowdstrike is one of the major incident response companies and they work with the FBI a lot. Complete server images were shared with the FBI. There's nothing irregular about this and it's nothing to do with "allowing" the FBI to examine anything - Crowdstrike took and shared images and there's just no reason to examine the physical device at that point. Also, it's the FBI. If they'd wanted to see them anyway, they would have.

There's abundant public evidence that the DNC network was compromised by two Russian attributed groups, and that they targeted the campaign more widely. Multiple companies have reported on this via a number of different sources. The phishing email that compromised John Podesta's account is even in the Wikileaks email dump and leaks all the other targeting by the same campaign. Speaking of which, there's public documentation of Wikileaks actively soliciting compromising material on the Democratic campaign from an obvious and proven Russian intelligence persona, so I find their denials unconvincing.

There's literally no evidence that this Ukraine server ever existed. It's a stupid and completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theory by people who have no idea about how computers work.
Oooo a fellow IT Security guy! I sense a kindred spirit.

What areas of security do you work in? I've specialized in data loss prevention and statistical analysis reporting and will soon be moving into vulnerability management.

And just fyi for anyone who may be confused by what red is saying, an "image" in this context is a bit for bit copy of the data stored on the server, not a picture.
rebellionpac.com

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 12. Oct 19, 14:31

.. For history..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o5ehygh7pw

If the Russkie ( and, incidentally Amerikan) oligarchs wished to capitalize fully on their divisive tactics, they'd probably aim to destroy the Diplomatic Corps of the USA
- err, how many Ambassadorial posts remain unfilled..?

- And how many "acting" posts are currently being manipulated by the Replicants (ie. Trump & Co)..??

This is an extremely urgent situation.. OPEN YOUR EYES..!!

Randi Rhodes explains:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXidTo46HOQ
Last edited by BugMeister on Sat, 12. Oct 19, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sat, 12. Oct 19, 16:07

One either believes Russian government or believes American police when it comes to Russian hacking. Mostly this all depends on ones allegiance.

For Russians, and for people in power, this is arguably the proudest moment. Everyone openly celebrated.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sat, 12. Oct 19, 22:06

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 12. Oct 19, 04:36
How did Russia meddle? They spent a tiny fraction of what either candidate did on social media. They didn't make anyone vote either way. It didn't take Russia to make people not want clinton. She is a terrible person with scandals dating back decades.
So it's Clinton's scandals that made people not want to vote for her, right?

Scandals like the email server?

What, lets be hypothetical here - entertain it for a second. You say scandals, such as the email server, are why people don't want to vote Clinton - yes?
So *if* the source of all this was Russia, would you say that's Russia trying to influence US voters? Or...

And let me get this straight, do you still not accept Trump has done anything wrong in his entire time in office? There's no scandals, it's just hoax after hoax?
Meanwhile do you still believe the ones about Clinton are scandals? (like she had someone murdered, had Google fixed to not return results etc).

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 12. Oct 19, 22:24

Trump has no idea how government works - his ignorance is being actively exploited by the Replicants around him..
- Rudy Colludy included:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBisKcyreuA

- he should be restrained from office..
- so that Pence can attend confession :lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

red assassin
x3

Post by red assassin » Sun, 13. Oct 19, 01:31

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 12. Oct 19, 14:29
Oooo a fellow IT Security guy! I sense a kindred spirit.

What areas of security do you work in? I've specialized in data loss prevention and statistical analysis reporting and will soon be moving into vulnerability management.
I've worn a few different hats, but primarily threat analysis/intel stuff.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sun, 13. Oct 19, 10:10

Just to debunk another Trump myth Did the whistle blower rules change?.
I can't breathe.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 13. Oct 19, 14:45

SO it looks like Trump is doing a Cohen on Giuliani since those two Ukrainians were charged. For example when asked about them he said he didn't know them that you would have to ask Giuliani about them, they were his associates not his. Sounds familiar, remember he did the same thing with the payment to Stormy Daniels on that subject he said he didn't know nothing about it ,you would have to speak to his lawyer (Cohen).

It is also looking like he is also trying to distance himself from Giuliani, when he was asked about Giuliani being his lawyer he actually said that Giuliani wasn't his lawyer, that he was his lawyer but it was a while ago, and that he didn't know if Giuliani was still his layer, and he said that in a single breath. Looks like he is doing the Trump special he has used Rudy now it's time to throw him away. It is starting to sound like Rudy may just be paying a visit to that little room spending a few nights alongside Cohen.

Another interesting thing about those two Ukrainians, while he said he didn't know them he did say but there may be photographs with him alongside them, but he didn't know them as he got photographed with a lot of people he didn't know. But how many of those other people he doesn't know, was he having breakfast with when the photograph was taken.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 14. Oct 19, 01:01

Turkey is accused of war crimes in Syria, ISIS supporters are escaping custody, and Trump has the nerve to call a member of congress a "despicable human being" for considering jail time for those that defy congressional subpoenas.
rebellionpac.com

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 14. Oct 19, 02:32

Random comment, and nothing to do with Trump but related to a post I made on Friday. That Admiral I mentioned gave me his challenge / commander's coin.

I feel pretty damn humble right at this moment.
I can't breathe.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 14. Oct 19, 04:28

So Shep Smith has left Fox News, the only honest and sane one that Fox news had. Now the burning question is, did he jump or was he pushed. Trump said:
"Is he leaving due to bad ratings, or some other less important reason?"
Personally I don't know why he would leave due to Trumps bad ratings, but Trump always has to make it about himself.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 14. Oct 19, 08:19

felter wrote:
Mon, 14. Oct 19, 04:28
"Is he leaving due to bad ratings, or some other less important reason?"
Personally I don't know why he would leave due to Trumps bad ratings, but Trump always has to make it about himself.
Bad ratings meaning low viewing figures for his TV programmes, I would imagine, nothing to do with Trump's ratings? Although interesting to know that Trump considers TV ratings to be one of the most important things around...

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 14. Oct 19, 09:39

If I had to guess, Shep probably got tired of the sycophants at Fox. I may be projecting, though. I have little tolerance for fear mongers and stupidity.

They still have Chris Wallace, at least 1 sane voice among the morons. I've never seen him show any kind of bias.
rebellionpac.com

Return to “Off Topic English”