Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 08:49

Mightysword wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 08:10
Before I came to the US, I was destined to be a Republican. In fact, you will find most southern Vietnam veteran families are traditionally republican, we don't have good impression of Democrat for their conducts during the Vietnam war. I couldn't vote during the Bush - Kerry race, but I was happy Bush won, even at that point I don't think he was a good president. I had some idea what the republican look like before the US, and under Bush they were what I imagine conservative to be. But again, starting from 2012, the bitterness of Obama's victory transformed and twisted the GOP, and I still see no light in that tunnel.

So when do you think the old GOP will be back, when will MY GOP be back, or if ever be back? :evil:
I'm curious, what GOP are you referring to? The one that would have denied you the welfare you said your family depended on after migrating to the US? Or the one that would have told you where you can and can't go based on your skin color?
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 10:29

Thankfully the old GOP died with Bush Jr failure (the worst president ever).
Hopefully the old DNC will die with Hillary failure (the worst president to be ever), especially if Biden will pick her as VP.

Both parties have too many members that are still mentaly in 90s or even in 80s.
It's 2020 - Elon Musk is flying to Mars and making neural-link, megacorporation use social media to manipulate everyone, big citites looks like dystopian nightmare - we are basically at the beginning of Cyberpunk 2077...50 years too soon.

Both parties need to get rid of their old farts and get their shit updated to modern standard.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 10:58

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 10:29
Hopefully the old DNC will die with Hillary failure (the worst president to be ever), especially if Biden will pick her as VP.

Both parties have too many members that are still mentaly in 90s or even in 80s.
It's 2020 - Elon Musk is flying to Mars and making neural-link, megacorporation use social media to manipulate everyone, big citites looks like dystopian nightmare - we are basically at the beginning of Cyberpunk 2077...50 years too soon.

Both parties need to get rid of their old farts and get their shit updated to modern standard.
Firstly the GOP and Democrats are more than just a president, despite Trump believing he is the GOP. 2ndly, dunno why you're bringing up Hillary. She was never president and she's not even in contention for VP. Also, why do you think Bush was worse than the deranged lunatic that's sitting in office now? I don't recall Bush letting 120k+ Americans die or ordering the military to attack our own civilians. I also don't recall Bush pushing blatant racism to stoke fears and divisions. Those things appeal to you?

Maybe you would like to see congress stacked with people that look like they're fresh from the Vampire Diaries. I dunno. I think it's more important that laws change to keep up with the times rather than the age of the people writing the laws. To that end, I would rather see people who have a genuine desire to work on behalf of the citizens and not corporate entities. I don't care if they're 25 or 100.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 11:53

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 10:58
Also, why do you think Bush was worse than the deranged lunatic that's sitting in office now? I don't recall Bush letting 120k+ Americans die or ordering the military to attack our own civilians.
While we probably do agree on the worth of Trump as a human being, let's not forget that Bush started an unprovoked offensive war causing in excess of 500000 deaths and destabilizing a whole region until today and led other countries to join them using faked evidence. Unless of course those deaths do not count, as most of them were not American ...
As a personal service to all who try to keep up with my professional work:
[ external image ]

My script: Shiploot v1.04 ... loot shipwrecks, collect different loot parts and upgrade your ships!
Mein Skript: Schiffswracks looten v1.04 ... Durchsuche Schiffswracks, sammle Lootteile und verbessere Deine Schiffe!

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 12:11

Mailo wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 11:53
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 10:58
Also, why do you think Bush was worse than the deranged lunatic that's sitting in office now? I don't recall Bush letting 120k+ Americans die or ordering the military to attack our own civilians.
While we probably do agree on the worth of Trump as a human being, let's not forget that Bush started an unprovoked offensive war causing in excess of 500000 deaths and destabilizing a whole region until today and led other countries to join them using faked evidence. Unless of course those deaths do not count, as most of them were not American ...
Retaliation for the 9/11 attacks on the WTC and pentagon was certainly called for, but the war against Iraq was based on a lie, true, and often conflated with 9/11, especially among the right wingers. What's still not clear is how much of that was based on bad intelligence or willful misrepresentation. Senate hearings on the matter have indicated it could be in either direction. And given that the US wasn't alone in attacking Iraq, I find it difficult to put that entirely on Bush. I'm not blaming Iraq, of course, but there's more than just Bush that has blame to share for that.

That being said, the war in Iraq is a prime example of why the authorization for declarations of war belongs with the US congress and not the president as the constitution states. No one man should be allowed to unilaterally take aggressive action against any nation.
rebellionpac.com

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 16:16

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 10:29

Uhm ... except the presidents from those eras are still considered the golden standard by both parties? Ronald Reagan was the president 1981-1989, and you won't find many current Republican that don't pay homemade to him, too bad it's mostly just lip service. It's down right revolting to see the like of Ted Crud claiming he would be the next Reagan. And while Obama may had become the new public figure for certain circle of Democrat, Bill (1992->2001) is what the majority of Democrat still consider the good old days. Elon Musk? The guy is a divisive figure. On one hand there is no denying his brilliant, on the other hand ... have you been following him on matter outside of car and rocket? The guy is an auto-cannon that has a shade of Trump. For all our sake I hope the man stick to science and keep out of politic, it doesn't need someone like him.

I don't care about the micro detail, that's once again a trait I find depressing these days both in and outside of politic. If you just want to see and focus on only the bad then there have never been a good president, because it would require a perfect president. No, I'm not talking about the specific policy, the law that was passed, the economy, foreign relation ...etc... I'm talking about the matter of conduct, it's not what were done in politic, but how politic were done. Frankly, comparing the politician of those era to the current crop is like comparing grown adult to unruling children.
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 16:51

Both Regan and Bill Clinton were OK in their time, but it's already 30 and 40 years since then - the times have changed.
I fully stand behind these word, even if they could be as well pointed towards Founding Fathers.

As for Elon - yeah, recently I noticed his relation with Amber Heard when she was ruining Jonny Depp - this is the first serious stain that I can't ignore - I'd rather prefere if he stick to cars, space & tech - outside of it, he's just another ****** celebrity.

Edit: Ironically, Founding Fathers might be more relevant to Mars colonization, than to our current Earthly matters :)

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 17:22

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 16:51
Edit: Ironically, Founding Fathers might be more relevant to Mars colonization, than to our current Earthly matters :)
Somehow I doubt that will ever be the case in our life time. We *may* have the tech to get there, we don't have the tech to stay there. At best that's 50-100 years away. Better to try to colonize the moon if for no other reason than proximity for rescue or evacuation if something goes wrong and use that to plan out invading mars and killing their native inhabitants, as our founding fathers did.

Speaking of founding fathers, anyone remember this rousing speech donnie boy gave last year on the 4th about the revolutionary war?
Our army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do, and at Fort McHenry, under the rockets’ red glare, it had nothing but victory
I wonder if we'll see something equally brilliant this year. I can only hope.
rebellionpac.com

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 18:32

mr.WHO wrote:
Both Regan and Bill Clinton were OK in their time, but it's already 30 and 40 years since then - the times have changed.
Yeah, time changed, but had it changed for the better? I don't know if you were around when the topic of the next president was discussed, in them I made clear my support for Biden as well as the reason why. Do I count on Biden to make ground breaking, sweeping progressive change? No. What I count on ( or at least hope for) is Biden can reintroduce the lost sanity to our politic. The time where people can still discuss their difference respectfully, when politicians still understood the wisdom of compromising. And the reason why I place my bet on Biden is exactly because he's old, because he came from time where sanity wasn't in such short supply as it is now. His years in congress still gave him cloud and connection. Under Obama during times when the WH and the Republican led congress were in full confrontation mode and had all gave up on each others, it was him who walk to congress and make a deal with them at the 11h to avert disaster. Biden and Graham strikes me people who can trade bunches during the day and still be able to trade beer in the evening remaining as friends instead of labeling each others as degenerative human being.

You know what, the politician who say "time changed", that this is the new normal, that we should expect this is now par for the course. Those are EXACTLY the kind I don't want to lead the country next.
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 3. Jul 20, 18:44

Mightysword wrote:
Fri, 3. Jul 20, 18:32
mr.WHO wrote:
Yeah, time changed, but had it changed for the better? I don't know if you were around when the topic of the next president was discussed, in them I made clear my support for Biden as well as the reason why. Do I count on Biden to make ground breaking, sweeping progressive change? No. What I count on ( or at least hope for) is Biden can reintroduce the lost sanity to our politic. The time where people can still discuss their difference respectfully, when politicians still understood the wisdom of compromising. And the reason why I place my bet on Biden is exactly because he's old, because he came from time where sanity wasn't in such short supply as it is now. His years in congress still gave him cloud and connection. Under Obama during times when the WH and the Republican led congress were in full confrontation mode and had all gave up on each others, it was him who walk to congress and make a deal with them at the 11h to avert disaster. Biden and Graham strikes me people who can trade bunches during the day and still be able to trade beer in the evening remaining as friends instead of labeling each others as degenerative human being.

You know what, the politician who say "time changed", that this is the new normal, that we should expect this is now par for the course. Those are EXACTLY the kind I don't want to lead the country next.
Are you talking about the same Lindsey Graham that called Trump the worst thing that could happen to the republican party and a "race bating xenophobic bigot" and then turned right around and spent the next 3.5 years kissing his ass on an hourly basis and trash talked his supposed good friend, John McCain?
rebellionpac.com

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sun, 5. Jul 20, 04:09

I know that no one here wants to watch a Trump speech. This link is to when SD Governor Kristi Noem began her speech at the event. She is far easier on the eyes and ears.

WATCH: President Trump's Remarks from Mount Rushmore!
https://youtu.be/XxMKd1PrO0w?t=1170

Full transcript of President Trump speaking here.
https://www.newsmax.com/us/mount-rushmo ... id/975688/

"In our schools, our newsrooms, even our corporate boardrooms, there is a new far-left fascism that demands absolute allegiance. If you do not speak its language, perform its rituals, recite its mantras, and follow its commandments, then you will be censored, banished, blacklisted, persecuted, and punished."

"Against every law of society and nature, our children are taught in school to hate their own country, and to believe that the men and women who built it were not heroes, but they were villains. The radical view of American history is a web of lies — all perspective is removed, every virtue is obscured, every motive is twisted, every fact is distorted, and every flaw is magnified until the history is purged and the record is disfigured beyond all recognition."

"Americans must never lose sight of this miraculous story. You should never lose sight of it, because nobody has ever done it like we have done it. So today, under the authority vested in me as President of the United States — I am announcing the creation of a new monument to the giants of our past. I am signing an executive order to establish the National Garden of American Heroes, a vast outdoor park that will feature the statues of the greatest Americans to ever live."

President Trump's rally weeks ago in Tulsa was kind of flaccid. This is what he should have focused on then. One of the worst forces at work in America right now are the social media fueled mobs trying to cancel anything that scores them virtue credit. Statues, movies, books, even people. They tear them down or get them fired. It's all destruction and censure to appease a bunch of radicals. America needs to rediscover the will to be individualistic again when mob pressure is driving everyone toward uniformity of radical thought or obedience to it under threat of cancellation.

President Trump's order to establish a National Garden is here. I'm for it. It's becoming more important than ever to foster a sense of pride in the past people of America.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential ... an-heroes/

"(i) The National Garden should be composed of statues, including statues of John Adams, Susan B. Anthony, Clara Barton, Daniel Boone, Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, Henry Clay, Davy Crockett, Frederick Douglass, Amelia Earhart, Benjamin Franklin, Billy Graham, Alexander Hamilton, Thomas Jefferson, Martin Luther King, Jr., Abraham Lincoln, Douglas MacArthur, Dolley Madison, James Madison, Christa McAuliffe, Audie Murphy, George S. Patton, Jr., Ronald Reagan, Jackie Robinson, Betsy Ross, Antonin Scalia, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Harriet Tubman, Booker T. Washington, George Washington, and Orville and Wilbur Wright."

If I went to such a garden I would be going to Murphy and Crockett first. I doubt I ever will see that. It will be something for children on field trips to wander through and not grasp until they are much older. If it starts a spark in at least one kid that maybe there is something special here in America then it will be worth it.
Who made that man a gunner?

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 5. Jul 20, 04:30

So I read Trump's 4th speech, hoping for a repeat of the comedy of last year's speech. Sadly, there was none. But this time, he could have just saved a bunch of time by waddling out there and saying "white power!" instead and moved on.

January can't get here fast enough.
rebellionpac.com

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Sun, 5. Jul 20, 06:17

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sun, 5. Jul 20, 04:30
So I read Trump's 4th speech, hoping for a repeat of the comedy of last year's speech. Sadly, there was none. But this time, he could have just saved a bunch of time by waddling out there and saying "white power!" instead and moved on.

"We believe in equal opportunity, equal justice, and equal treatment for citizens of every race, background, religion, and creed. Every child, of every color — born and unborn — is made in the holy image of God."

I also can't wait to swear in the President. Again.
Who made that man a gunner?

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sun, 5. Jul 20, 07:20

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sun, 5. Jul 20, 04:30
Indeed. I am ready to kick racists out
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

matthewfarmery
x3

Post by matthewfarmery » Sun, 5. Jul 20, 10:31

While this National Garden, might sound good, at first looks.

but
"Against every law of society and nature, our children are taught in school to hate their own country, and to believe that the men and women who built it were not heroes, but they were villains. The radical view of American history is a web of lies — all perspective is removed, every virtue is obscured, every motive is twisted, every fact is distorted, and every flaw is magnified until the history is purged and the record is disfigured beyond all recognition."
There is more truth in those words, because a lot of US history has been distorted over the years. From the war of independence, to the civil war, and to the cold war. American has been built on lies and propaganda.

Like I mentioned before, the war of independence, that wouldn't have been won if the French hadn't had intervened, or in the cold war. USSR didn't have as many nuclear weapons as America at that time claimed. The list goes on. Some people were made into heroes, when the real facts were different.

The problem is, Will this Garden reflect America's TRUE history or will it continue to reflect Americans made up history? As the two are very different. Which is why I think the garden will be nothing but controversial at best. reflecting a part of US history that has been rewritten. you see this from many films, and the U boot one and the Enigma machine. Because lets face it, America is very good at rewriting history, and making stuff up as fact.

So really, you want to honour people, you need to get rid of all those lies and fibs and start saying the truth of what really happened during those periods. But I bet a lot of money, that will not be the case. So in that respect, The garden will be nothing but a hollow remembrance symbol that is better off not been built.
=

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 5. Jul 20, 11:29

Masterbagger wrote:
Sun, 5. Jul 20, 06:17
"We believe in equal opportunity, equal justice, and equal treatment for citizens of every race, background, religion, and creed. Every child, of every color — born and unborn — is made in the holy image of God."
Yes. Every far-left fascist communist black illegal immigrant woman is a holy image of God that has the right to equal opportunity, equal justice, and equal treatment as the far-right rebublicans.

Thank you for defending her rights.

Did Trump effectively say: We must replace the evil lies of the fair citizens of our country with our evil lies? Sowing hatred, not unity.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Sun, 5. Jul 20, 14:26

So I have a question for all the people here who claimed that kneeling during the national anthem was disrespectful, how about acting like you are conducting an orchestra? I personal will give Trump credit when it is due, I found this to be quite funny. Than again I also don't care about national anthems and feel that we could just abolish them altogether. So how do the self proclaimed patriots among us feel about this?
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 5. Jul 20, 14:52

I'm curious how people feel that Trump has spent 1/4 of his term in office on vacation with 2/3 of that time being spent playing golf. Military get 30 days of leave per year plus federal holidays (if they're not on watch duty or deployed). I get the same PTO in my current job.

"I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to go play golf." --Donald J. Trump, August, 2016

As it stands, Trump's golf trips have cost the tax payers $136 million.
rebellionpac.com

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sun, 5. Jul 20, 15:23

jlehtone wrote:
Sun, 5. Jul 20, 11:29
Yep.
Don't also forget Muslims and anyone from Mexico. As well as every kidnapped child in detention centers / concentration camps.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Sun, 5. Jul 20, 15:31

jlehtone wrote:
Sun, 5. Jul 20, 11:29
Masterbagger wrote:
Sun, 5. Jul 20, 06:17
Yes. Every far-left fascist communist black illegal immigrant woman is a holy image of God that has the right to equal opportunity, equal justice, and equal treatment as the far-right rebublicans.

Did Trump effectively say: We must replace the evil lies of the fair citizens of our country with our evil lies? Sowing hatred, not unity.
:D

He says this, yet he doesn't even care enough about others to bother with a face-mask when it is preferred and shown to save lives..... lol American Trumpian "christians", such hypocrites.
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

Return to “Off Topic English”