Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mightysword
x3tc

Re: Trump

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 08:10

felter wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 01:01
He did none of that, it was Moon Jae-in who is responsible for basically all of it well some of it could have been Xi Jinping. Trump has done nothing apart from meeting with Kim Jong-un, who ran circles around Trump, basically getting Trump to agree to everything while giving nothing.
In football there is this saying: You can only play the team infront of you. Sometime you get an easy path to the final, sometime you get the hard one. Ultimately it doesn't matter if you flattrack bullied 10 minow teams or fought tooth and nail against 10 champions, only the result at the end matter. Something that had never happened before happened on his watch, and for that there will be credit given to him, how much is up for debate ... unless you already cement your belief, and if that's the case there is no point to discuss any further. ;)

Just like a president very rarely have any effect on the economy, won't change the fact his fortune will always be tied to it, whether the credit is deserved or undeserved ... rarely have any relevancy.

HAHAHAHA! You started with "Just to put thing in perspective here..." Like, there's a perspective to put it in? Like, somehow, there's a set of natural laws that's applicable if we only look deep enough? Like... WTF TRUMP NOBMNISCATED FOR THE NOBEL PEAS PRIZE?
There is always perspective, and in case you forget I ALWAYS talk in perspective. The whole North Korean talk to us bystander probably came across as to little, or even nothing. Because it has nothing to do with us, so we can all sit here in the comfy of our chair and dream about some grandeur result, to which standard the whole thing looks no more than a hoax. But to the people who directly affected by it, it means something difference. It's no coincident when I monitor the public opinion of the countries directly involved: China/Japan/South Korea (can't do NK for obvious reason), each at the very least with have some measured respect of the US's involvement. In fact, the only media that dismiss the things in full blast ... comically but unsurprisingly came from those who have zero skate on the issue. :sceptic:

Just like those who preach scarify the most are the one who will never have to scarify, or those who preach tolerance the loudest are the one never practice it. :x
It's not the dumbest thing to happen with this award, but it's the dumbest nominee for it to happen to...
Hey, there is a big gap between getting nominated and getting awarded, and I think that gap is big enough to make Obama's award a lot more absurd. :roll:

Now if Trump actually wins it ...
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 10:51

Mightysword wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 00:15
If you consider the fact Obama was not only nominated, but actually won the bloody thing by virtually doing NOTHING.
Now, if you ask me if he's deserved it, I'll tell you I think he's as deserved as Obama did (aka I don't). I know people would love to spin this up as a Trump thing, but it's hardly the dumbest thing ever happened to this award. :roll:
This at least I agree with. Obama's nomination and award of the Peace Prize was at least as stupid, especially as he was less than a year into an 8 year presidency which would go on to be one of the most violent in US history.
I always kinda assumed the real reason he got it was merely for the fact of being elected and thus demonstrating how far race relations in the USA have progressed. . . . . . but given what's happening in the US now I think we can safely say that too was a false premise.
Trumps potential nomination is ridiculous, all he has achieved in regard to NK is to grant legitimacy to a brutal dictator whilst simultaneously making America look extremely foolish. It would make at least as much sense to nominate Kim Jong Un

But then the Peace Prize has always been the stupidest of the Nobels, frequently awarded for a single act of peacemaking made during a life time of warmongering.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 13:43

Obviously he wont win or even be mentioned in a positive way when the peace prize will be awarded.

you can't award a man the peace price who says (again these are a copy pastes of the tweets nothing altered) "THE RIGGED AND CORRUPT MEDIA IS THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!" or "Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!"

He's more of a threat to the first amendment than Obama ever was to the second. In my country this would come close enough to hate speech and inciting violence that you could bring him up on charges of said crimes, i don't think you'd win, it's only just below the treshold of what would be ruled hate speech and inciting violence, but above the treshold where you can us the judicial system to test it.

I'd really like to see what Masterbagger thinks of these tweets, (preferably without him going but this or that person back then or over there is way worse)
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 15:27

BugMeister wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 05:26
yet again Trump tarnishes an organisation, merely by his association with it..
The "Nobel Peace Prize" is awarded a bit differently than the more prestigious "Nobel Prize." It has enough of it's own history of being controversial before anything involving Trump.
Elizabeth Warren for Pope..!! :lol:
She's an idiot. More than that, she's disgraceful, pandering in the most absurd way to claw whatever support she can get. She spouts stupid crap trying to look "cool" and promotes ideas that are dumb, won't work, but have a lot of support from people who are likely dumb and don't work, too... ;) (Yes, that was a bit harsh. I really support The People's Right to Choose." But, it was too good an opportunity for a cutting joke...:) )Out of the huge stable of Democrat Hopefuls or anyone else running for President in 2020, she's far down on the bottom of the list of competent candidates. In her bid to "look exciting," she's long left the path of reason. THIS is a problem, in general, with all Democratic candidates and it's what they've suffered from for years - They are all-too-frequently hollow, limp, wet, socks... They don't have a plan, don't have a program, don't have anything more than "let's get excited about me" platforms, grasping at anything that they think can get popular support while still qualifying as being labeled "Liberal, Progressive, Left, Not-Republican." And, Warren couldn't win the Swing Vote at a Door Convention.
Mightysword wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 08:10
There is always perspective, and in case you forget I ALWAYS talk in perspective. The whole North Korean talk to us bystander probably came across as to little, or even nothing. Because it has nothing to do with us, so we can all sit here in the comfy of our chair and dream about some grandeur result, to which standard the whole thing looks no more than a hoax. But to the people who directly affected by it, it means something difference. It's no coincident when I monitor the public opinion of the countries directly involved: China/Japan/South Korea (can't do NK for obvious reason), each at the very least with have some measured respect of the US's involvement. In fact, the only media that dismiss the things in full blast ... comically but unsurprisingly came from those who have zero skate on the issue. :sceptic:
Then, maybe it's a case of a regional collection of countries that are far too involved in drinking their own brand of Kool Aid than having an appropriate perspective? The only things those "talks" accomplished was to make it easier for DPRK to get photo-ops and positive P.R. The true result was the same as previous outreach results with KJI - They do something that puts forth an image of conciliation, but is in fact meaningless and only serves the purpose of strengthening the current Kim-family ruler and obfuscating their true intent. History of failure, All the times North Korea Has Promised to Denuclearize.

So, if regional and involved countries are regarding Trump's session with KJU as exceptional and are not dismissing it, as reality and history suggests they should do at this point, then they're just taking another big, long, swig of their own brand of Kool Aid. Maybe it makes them feel better and helps to alleviate anxiety? Maybe China enjoys seeing tensions reduced, even if the cause of that is a lie? Maybe Japan is glad that people are reading about something else other than their crazy economy and the fact that they can't make babies anymore?

The fact is that the world's most heavily populated city is still under the very real threat of a nuclear-armed DPRK that has not demonstrated restraint or a willingness to truly fulfill the objective of a collective peace. DPRK remains a hostile nation that is often unpredictable on purpose in order to escalate tensions so it can get what it wants.

And, you're saying nations in the regions are happy about this? They have a "measure of respect of the US's involvement?" I let rip a huge fart yesterday. It is worthy of "respect." It could have even won an award! But, was it truly meaningful? Significant? Truly worthy of some measure of respect? Well, I think so, but I don't think anyone else would have. Though, if they knew its power, I would be the "Emperor of the Elevator" with a captive audience! And... so is KJU and DPRK and they know it.
Hey, there is a big gap between getting nominated and getting awarded, and I think that gap is big enough to make Obama's award a lot more absurd. :roll:

Now if Trump actually wins it ...
Well, I'd agree, just like I'd agree Gore's award was silly. For too long they have used that award as some sort of public affirmation of an idea or policy that they thing should be promoted, not for an award for "achievement." This is like having a "Great Ideas Committee" that sits around with hands in each other's laps proposing "ideas" but takes little action to actually "do anything."

However, it's their award. I honestly think they should give it to whoever they want to give it to. But, I reserve judgement on whether or not I should interpret it as being significant or worthy of attention. And, if Trump gets it... Well, in that case, they might as well start including Nobel Peace Prize Award Applications in "Happy Meal" boxes.
Last edited by Morkonan on Wed, 20. Feb 19, 15:58, edited 2 times in total.

Grimmrog
x4

Post by Grimmrog » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 15:29

Morkonan wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 15:27
Out of the huge stable of Democrat Hopefuls or anyone else running for President in 2020, she's far down on the bottom of the list of competent candidates.

In a country that voted for Trump, That sounds like the perfect candidate.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 16:03

Grimmrog wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 15:29
Morkonan wrote:
Out of the huge stable of Democrat Hopefuls or anyone else running for President in 2020, she's far down on the bottom of the list of competent candidates.

:)

You're not wrong... and that makes me sad.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 19:14

Trump will never receive the Nobel peace prize and does not deserve it due to how, since becoming President, he has tried to coerce and manipulate them into giving him the award, let alone he has done nothing to deserve it. People who have received it and deserved it, did not run around getting others to nominate them or shout and scream that they deserved it, they got it because of their compassion for others, something Trump lacks.

As for Obama I don't think he deserved it either, I think there were others more deserving that year than him, but at least he never got it by cheating and manipulating others.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 19:40

Mightysword wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 00:15
Just to put thing in perspective here. If you consider the fact Obama was not only nominated, but actually won the bloody thing by virtually doing NOTHING. So for a guy who manage to bring NK back to the table and cool the Korea peninsula to the lowest point in recent history, it's not that weird if Trump gets nominated for it.
Should Adolph Hitler be nominated for the Nobel Prize. Let's put things in perspective:

- He never wanted to kill any Jews
- He cared about conditions for the Jews in the work camps
- He had compassion for other sentient beings
- He tried to prevent the destruction of his fellow Europeans
- He cared passionately about his people and German heritage
- He was a humble man, from a humble background
- He held correspondence with Mahatma Gandhi
- He was a man of God
- He implemented cultural and social reform
- He stamped out usury

By the above account, Hitler was a grand fellow who certainly deserves the prize. Trouble is, that is only one perspective and not even the predominant (or accurate) one. The predominant (international) perspective, appears to be that Trump doesn't deserve the prize and neither would Hitler.

Does this mean that Trump is all bad, with zero good accomplishments? No, of course not. As bad as history has judged Hitler, I expect he had his good moments. Probably most people on death-row also have had such moments - as fleeting as they may have been. It's all a matter of perspective after all. :roll:

I think they give out these prizes to soon. Let's wait a few years and see if history judges Trump worthy of such recognition as the Nobel Prize (is supposed to) convey. No reason to rush. Perhaps Trump will turn out to be as brilliant as he claims and all his many and diverse detractors wrong. We will see.

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 23:15

So Rutger Bregman, the dutch historian who made some waves in Davos was invited to Tucker Carlson show the interview didn't really go as Carlson wanted so it hasn't aired, but luckily they could air what htey got on our end, https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... _nFI2Zb7qE obviously it's not as pretty as could have had been had fox aired it (unedited). But really worth a watch :)

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 02:34

Morkonan wrote:
Then, maybe it's a case of a regional collection of countries that are far too involved in drinking their own brand of Kool Aid than having an appropriate perspective? The only things those "talks" accomplished was to make it easier for DPRK to get photo-ops and positive P.R. The true result was the same as previous outreach results with KJI - They do something that puts forth an image of conciliation, but is in fact meaningless and only serves the purpose of strengthening the current Kim-family ruler and obfuscating their true intent.
Firstly, question for you: how do you know? So now not only people claim they know exactly what Trump thinking as if they live in his head, they also claim to have clairvoyance into the future? Interesting. Funny too, since I remember most of the same people couldn't predicted Trump winning two years ago. So perhaps a friendly suggestion here to take stock at your tracking record and see if it warrant such ... confidence. :P

Secondly, about who drinking the kool-aid ... I think there are 4 types of people involved in the Charity circle:

- Type 1: the people who are in need. They desperate, they look for comfort and sign of hope. And when you provide their next meal and a piece of clothe, they'll say thank you and god bless you. Rarely would they ask what is your motive or where the stuffs you gave them came from.
- Type 2: the "charity is from the heart" people. They do charity work for the shake of charity, and they know full well there will always be more of those in need then those who give. That's why they welcome any help they can get (as long as you don't rop a bank to donate), but because they believe charity is from the heart, most don't turn it into a hard obligation. That's where the "give as much or as little as you want, even one dollar will help" slogan at most charity work comes from.
- Type 3: the people do charity with ulterior motive. Usually the big players, but they're no necessary giving to help. Doesn't change the fact their donation will help as much as those from type 2 though.
- Type 4: and here is what I call the Kool-Aid people. Some does a bit of charity themselves, some often does nothing. But they are the one who walk around with a loud speaker, on one hand will say "YOU EARN A LOT SO YOU CAN GIVE A LOT MORE, WHAT YOU'RE DONATING IS NOT ENOUGH!!!", and on the other hand they will say "YOU ONLY GIVE THIS MUCH TO AVOID TAX, OR TO BUY FAME, YOUR CHARITY DOES NOT COUNT SHAME ON YOU!"

And I can assure you, even though we all have different background and circumstance, most of the Type 1, 2, and 3 tend to look at Type 4 and wonder "what the **** is your problem?". See, when the type 4 make these arguments, they don't make it for the shake of the people in need, they make it for their own ego. It's the samething for the this situation though, I don't remember a lot of people were trying to make a case on behalf of those who suffered, 9 out of 10 the arguments are about their problem with Trump.

So yes, there are kool-aid here, but I will have to disagree who's the one doing the drinking. THAT's perspective. :)
Observe wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 19:40
Should Adolph Hitler be nominated for the Nobel Prize.
My dude, just like I had explained a few times before to those who think "Being Neutral" doesn't mean "Being indecisive or having no opinion", having a perspective doesn't mean grabbing for straw. Your argument would make a bit of sense if I was trying to argue Trump should be given the prize, which I don't in case you miss it.
Does this mean that Trump is all bad, with zero good accomplishments? No, of course not. As bad as history has judged Hitler, I expect he had his good moments. Probably most people on death-row also have had such moments - as fleeting as they may have been. It's all a matter of perspective after all. :roll:
There is a reason why we don't immediately put even the worst criminal on the chair or in front of the firing squad. Why do we still offer them a full and fair trial? Even when a crime is so bad and the criminal is caught red handed that we know for sure the final decision will never change no matter what come up in the trial, we can't just say "there is only one way for this to come out so let save time and money and skip all the trial stuff". And why we do that if not to gain a full understanding, even if the decision would not change? You may have notice my posting habit is always less about picking size and more about injecting context, and I had said this a few months back: even if your decision will not change, it's still better to make one in full perspective than one clouded by prejudice. Either you can justify your decision, or you know that you're spreading a lie, both are more preferable to spreading a lie and think it's the truth.

The perspective I have here is relative to this particular award. If Obama won it by doing nothing, then it's nothing to be surprise about why Trump getting nominated. It represents my opinion that speaks less about the recipients but more about the award itself ... which is not quite high. ;)

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 02:44

Morkonan wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 16:03
Grimmrog wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 15:29
Morkonan wrote:
:)

You're not wrong... and that makes me sad.
The last time Republican field a "zoo" as I remember everyone (me included) mockingly label their field of candidate, they won, over a Democrat candidates that everyone were sure would be a runaway winner. So I'm pretty sure the Democrat took note even though they were part of that mocking chorus. I think the other sad reality here is it kinda shows that no matter how ugly something is, and how some people will criticize it, most will have no problem to get down and dirty when themselves need the result. ;)

I think the question that decide my vote in 2020 will be, as it has always been: prove to me that you are better than Trump, and not Trump is worse than you :)

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 04:53

he's approaching meltdown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgcJW91BXKs

- good grief what a train-wreck of an administration..!!
Last edited by BugMeister on Thu, 21. Feb 19, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 05:47

BugMeister wrote:
Thu, 21. Feb 19, 04:53
he's approaching meltdown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3lLNVQJFPA

- good grief what a train-wreck of an administration..!!
EH, I think you linked the wrong video, that one seems to be about some female riding a motorbike in Delhi.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 07:25

- sorry, felter

itchy boots' journey was actually a better vid, but this is what I should have posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgcJW91BXKs
- or not.. :oops: :oops:

Mr McCabe speaks openly,,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp00F_5ITbM
- its official..
- it is entirely possible that Trump actually IS being a traitor to the USA..
- the facts are beginning to bear this out - it's becoming more than just a theory..

- he should be tried accordingly - as should Trump Jnr, Kushner and Ivanka....
McConnell and Graham should be publicly censured for facilitating his criminal actions - the NRA should undergo a complete and thorough financial inspection..
Kavanaugh should be thoroughy investigated and removed from office, if necessary - he is likely corrupt and politically compromised
Steven Miller, DeVos, Pecker, Stone, Nunes, Hannity and Sarah Sanders should also now be hauled before congress to explain their roles in facilitating Trump's traitorous acts..
all of them should be barred for life, from ever holding public office,,
there should be a thorough overhaul of the financial institutions and mechanisms used in (or facilitating) illegal money-laundering activities through offshore banking..

- and Trump should resign in return for a partial plea-bargain agreement - in a perfect world.. :o :o

However, Trump chooses to continue to blather incoherently, casting aspersions in all directions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV-yAWZ12T0
- how childish..!!
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 12:23

Well this is pretty funny too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYRWUXtiLy0

Mike Pence does a little speech, namedropping Trump and waiting for aplause, he doesn't get any.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 13:43

Grim Lock wrote:
Thu, 21. Feb 19, 12:23
Well this is pretty funny too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYRWUXtiLy0

Mike Pence does a little speech, namedropping Trump and waiting for aplause, he doesn't get any.
And Joe Biden did.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 14:24

I do see it a hopefull sign that the international community is finally done playing along with Trump, after he's been badgering and annoying us long enough now. (while at same time kissing up to dicators and the like) Amercia first? sure go ahead, stop ****** with anyone outside your precious country then. Oh and while you're at it, please remove your "secret" nukes from our country too.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 16:11

Trump is like Hannibal Lecter, he's been feeding on the soul of America..
like Lecter, he should be in solitary confinement - hidden away somewhere..

He campaigned on the idea that America had become so bad that it had to be made "Great Again" - in support of this ridiculous notion, he spent most of his time
attacking it's institutions relentlessly - something he has been doing his whole life - he often proudly boasts of having broken the rules, and thus becoming rich in the process..
- the rest of Trump Org followed suit, and proceeded to drag the USA and its proud history through the mud, in public - without a second thought..

At the very outset, his candicacy was preposterous, Donald Trump has never shown an ounce of respect for authority in his entire life, and knew absolutely nothing about politics..
if that fact in itself doesn't indicate his total lack of respect for the office of the Presidency Of The United States Of America - what the heck does..?? :o :o

- accordingly, the Republicans are also looking pretty darn STOOPID or OUTRIGHT EVIL right now..

- most of them appear as rabbits in the headlights - Graham and McConnell's credibility has been completely shot to pieces..
- the entire Republican party should be restructured, from the bottom up - it has ceased to be relevant in the modern world..
- I doubt that any of the current bunch is capable of such an undertaking.. they've been so concerned about ensuring their power and wealth - they've lost the plot completely..

- Mr Sulu - set a course for Federation Headquarters..
- we must warn the UK that the Konservatives are planning an all-out attack..

Resistance is puerile..!!
sorry, I meant Resistance is futon..!!

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 20:57

felter wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 19:14
Trump will never receive the Nobel peace prize and does not deserve it due to how, since becoming President, he has tried to coerce and manipulate them into giving him the award, let alone he has done nothing to deserve it. People who have received it and deserved it, did not run around getting others to nominate them or shout and scream that they deserved it, they got it because of their compassion for others, something Trump lacks...
Nelson Mandela got it. After prison, he apparently changed some of his violent views, but not, IMO, by much. There were still murders, political infighting, terrorism, etc.. But, since it was all for a "Good Cause" I guess that's supposed to be alright. His political ideology wasn't as much focused on "freedom" and "liberty" as pop-culture wants to admit. It's like kids wearing Che Guevara t-shirts - It's a false history and a mistaken, artificial, ideology they're mimicking support of, not the "truth."

Anyway, nobody really cares about the Nobel Peace Prize. It's too often a politically motivated "award." It's a magnet used to attract attention. Trump loves attention, so I'm sure he'll do what he can to obtain it.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 00:31

Morkonan wrote:
Thu, 21. Feb 19, 20:57
felter wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 19:14
Trump will never receive the Nobel peace prize and does not deserve it due to how, since becoming President, he has tried to coerce and manipulate them into giving him the award, let alone he has done nothing to deserve it. People who have received it and deserved it, did not run around getting others to nominate them or shout and scream that they deserved it, they got it because of their compassion for others, something Trump lacks...
Nelson Mandela got it. After prison, he apparently changed some of his violent views, but not, IMO, by much. There were still murders, political infighting, terrorism, etc.. But, since it was all for a "Good Cause" I guess that's supposed to be alright. His political ideology wasn't as much focused on "freedom" and "liberty" as pop-culture wants to admit. It's like kids wearing Che Guevara t-shirts - It's a false history and a mistaken, artificial, ideology they're mimicking support of, not the "truth."

Anyway, nobody really cares about the Nobel Peace Prize. It's too often a politically motivated "award." It's a magnet used to attract attention. Trump loves attention, so I'm sure he'll do what he can to obtain it.
Are you actually comparing Donald J Trump to Nelson Mandela. I'm totally flabbergasted, I honestly do not know what to say to that comparison.

Return to “Off Topic English”