Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Masterbagger
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Masterbagger » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 03:44

Morkonan wrote:
Fri, 8. Feb 19, 20:43
RegisterMe wrote:
Fri, 8. Feb 19, 17:32
Whitaker wriggles. And this guy is the acting AG :roll: .

EDIT: Christ, the people there actually burst out laughing when Whitaker told Nadler (the Chairman) that his five minutes were up :lol: .
He has been demonstrating the effectiveness of "not answering, but seeming to answer because he's still talking" in a Congressional Hearing. He's taking extreme advantage of the "Limited Time" each Congressperson has. It's shameless, to be sure, but he's showing exceptional skill in doing it! Wow... It's a "show." It's surely political entertainment for his supporters and I'm sure they're getting a lot of laughs out of it. But, darn, some of it is terribly pretentious. And, far too many of his responses are just plain gibberish "non-answers."
It's theater. They all do it. Plenty of us were pissed off to see Lerner, Holder, Clapper, Clinton skate through hearings with no consequence for refusing to account for themselves. They all employ the same defense of giving nonanswers or claiming they don't recall because they absolutely know the purpose of hearings like this is to find grounds for an indictment. Dems want to get another person on a process crime to sacrifice to Mueller. Doesn't matter who or how insignificant it really is as long as they can do something to fight President Trump so their propaganda media networks can spin it as a great victory.

Whitaker? That Mr. Clean looking guy who can bench press any three of you at once? He doesn't really matter. Only the theater matters. Getting soundbites that make him look bad and by extension President Trump matters.
Who made that man a gunner?

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 05:29

Maybe you should come up with a better system then.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 9. Feb 19, 08:26

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 9. Feb 19, 03:44
Whitaker? That Mr. Clean looking guy who can bench press any three of you at once?
- Oh yeah, but his embroidery skills certainly aren't up to scratch..
- and can you imagine him changing Trump's whiffy diaper, while the baby screams his little head off..??
- yuk, what a mess,, :mrgreen:

- SPECIAL OFFER FOR MOBSTER WANNABIES..
- free entry to the mafia, for a "small" donation..
- wow, Al Capone's Chicago mob never had it this easy..
- roll up, roll up - you too can become involved in Government sleaze..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ygDcekp-U

- all you need to do is send Jared the cash, and Trump Org will do it's best to waste it..
:lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 23:59

Masterbagger wrote:
Sat, 9. Feb 19, 03:44
...Whitaker? That Mr. Clean looking guy who can bench press any three of you at once? He doesn't really matter. Only the theater matters. Getting soundbites that make him look bad and by extension President Trump matters.
I wouldn't disagree that the Dems wanted to do that, but I would also not disagree that many of the Repubs there were doing their best to get on their knees and throat-pound the guy's... Well, anyway.

There is a balance between the two. But, that must be chiseled out by the observer. Too often, the extremes do not want the observer to make up their own mind, but desperately want to tell them what to think.

The "balance" here is not one of equal parts... It isn't a "neutral" position. It's pretty simple, really: There are people that are concerned that the Mueller investigation might be interfered with. Congresspersons are also worried that, as Whittaker is an "interim" appointee, they have not been given the authority they are justly due in order to review the "appointment" of what is the titular head of the administrative body charged with this investigation. And, it appears that they are being prevented from doing so for as long as is possible.

Those are real concerns. They're not biased in the least. In the reverse situation, they would still hold very much true and the SHOULD always hold true, given a similar set of circumstances. HOWEVER, the warring parties and political currents are trying to color these things with all sorts of crappy paint in an attempt to influence voters.

What I'm most ticked off about are parties on either side quickly changing key positions in an effort to friggin' pander to the voters they're trying to win support from. That is not why they're there, in my opinion. We don't elect people for the purposes of just staying elected... That's insane.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 00:47

Well said Mork.

Related to the above, I saw a junior R Congressman (so, with my recent learning, that means a member of the House of Representatives?) chap on CNN recently. Ex-SEAL. Smart, low key, nuanced, articulate, knowledgeable about foreign policy - I was impressed.

The fact that he was R was far less important, to me, than everything else about him.

EDIT: He was from Texas and wore an eye-patch.
I can't breathe.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 13:12

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 0415110145

F*** me, He actually capitalised the word "trail".
Less of a racist dog-whistle and more of a racist foghorn.
I honestly don't understand how anyone can continue to believe Mr Trump is anything other than a truly colossal racist.

And before anyone pulls the "Maybe he doesn't know!" defence Trump has repeatedly and publicly praised Andrew Jackson, there's no way in hell he doesn't know.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 15:34

Bishop149 wrote:
Mon, 11. Feb 19, 13:12
I honestly don't understand how anyone can continue to believe Mr Trump is anything other than a truly colossal racist.
I have a theory on how it works. The word "racist" is a bit of a loud word, a label, and a negative one, and racists know it. Many are just afraid of a sound of it. But it's those same people who wouldn't actually object to things done by racists or racists policies. So, it's not that they dont believe, they just dont like the word.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 20:49

*CLICK*
- news in from the Wild West today, as the Union Cavalry musters:
- the good ladies of the Red Cross are preparing for a large intake of people suffering from Trump Delusion Syndrome..
- if you see people wandering around in a daze, wearing little red hats, please exercise caution - and prepare for possible emotional outbursts..
- a little understanding goes a long way (- so I'm told..)

- one hopes to see Replicants everywhere slowly awakening from their zombie-like trance to realize that this time round they've been conned - and severely..
- listen, guys - it could happen to anyone..
- let's all just sit down and have a nice rest, eh? :oops: :oops:

PS:
I hear Wilbur Ross has been seen skulking in the dark corridors of Mordor, mumbling to himself..
"My precious, it's mine.."
- could just be rumours..

Fox News goes into meltdown:
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/ ... te-hegseth

:lol: :lol:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 11. Feb 19, 23:21

RegisterMe wrote:
Mon, 11. Feb 19, 00:47
This guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Crenshaw

From what I read in that Wiki about him, I find him better than some of the other Republican Congresspersons. He doesn't seem to have ridden in on Trump's coattails. If he maintains that apparent attitude and continues to promote some of his ideas, he'll be well thought of by myself. I'm not a Texan, so I can't vote for him during his next election cycle. :(

Of import - Working with South American nations to help improve the standard of living in their own countries, including working more closely with Mexico in regards to illegal-immigration, are good ideas I've promoted myself. Unfortunately, hardliners want to paint any idea of "working with South American Nations" as being "soft on illegal immigration" and contrary to their "build a wall and bomb the invaders" approach. :/

His very targeted formal education and his practical military experience dealing with touchy foreign policy issues (How do we kill these guys without anyone finding out it was us) are bonuses, too. (To be fair, SpecOps has to be a bit more savvy when it comes down to dealing with high-policy issues, foreign and state actors, and the dirty realistic side of breaking things and killing people. He's probably not going to be as gung-ho with raising rifles and yawping as someone who hasn't had to dodge bullets as often as he has.)

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 02:35

Bishop149 wrote:
Mon, 11. Feb 19, 13:12
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 0415110145

F*** me, He actually capitalised the word "trail".
Less of a racist dog-whistle and more of a racist foghorn.

And before anyone pulls the "Maybe he doesn't know!" defence Trump has repeatedly and publicly praised Andrew Jackson, there's no way in hell he doesn't know.
It might cross a line into racism to say something like that to a Native American but he did not. He is openly mocking a fraud that deserves it.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 04:54

Are you actually trying to defend a racist, because the worst kind of person next to a racist, is someone who goes out of their way to defend a racist, especially when they use the target of the racism to defend the racist.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 05:55

felter wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 04:54
Are you actually trying to defend a racist, because the worst kind of person next to a racist, is someone who goes out of their way to defend a racist, especially when they use the target of the racism to defend the racist.
I think the worst kind of person is someone so eager to bludgeon others with morality they don't think about what they are upholding and uses claims of racism where they lack an argument. Warren pretended to be a minority she was not for personal profit. She is worthy of scorn.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 11:46

Masterbagger wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 02:35
It might cross a line into racism to say something like that to a Native American but he did not. He is openly mocking a fraud that deserves it.
What is this Immaterilaist racism?
If no marginalised person hears them is the racist still racist?
The answer is the same a for the tree falling IMO. . . . . of course it bloody is.
Also he said it in one of the most public forums available so of course he said it directly to Native Americans. . . . . 1000's of them most likely.

Are Elizabeth Warren's claims worthy of derision, yeah maybe TBH I don't know enough about them.
Do you do that by joking about a genocide of the people she supposedly appropriated?
No, of course not, what are you insane?
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 14:44

I did some research and I found that while she did mention that she had a native American heritage, she never actually played the race card like some are trying to claim. Yes she put it on to her application for her University job, but there is absolutely no evidence that she or anyone else ever took that into consideration. Even the statement that she lives in a mansion is not true, while she does stay in an expensive house there is actually nothing too special about it, there are bigger and more expensive houses in the area that she stays in. Most of what I found was all blown out of proportion, or is just plain what Trump would call 'FAKE NEWS'. As for the racism, Trump even still uses the Pocahontas name in a derogatory way, the whole tweet reeks of racism, it's all there to look at and with Trumps past there is no doubt that it is meant to be a racist tweet.

For example: now show me some contrary evidence.

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of hers, I actually couldn't care less about her. I do think she is a little bit two faced, preaching against something, while actually living that something. But I would never use a racist slur against her, I would not stoop so low as to do so as it is just a demeaning thing to do, it just makes the person doing so look bad and does nothing for the cause, if anything it does the exact opposite.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 15:08

felter wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 14:44
But I would never use a racist slur against her, I would not stoop so low as to do so as it is just a demeaning thing to do, it just makes the person doing so look bad and does nothing for the cause, if anything it does the exact opposite.
Also, why use racism to attack someone if your entire point is that the person is not a member of the race in question.
All moralising aside it simply doesn't make sense. He's essentially saying two, only tangentially related things:
"This person falsely claimed to be Native American! BTW I hate Native Americans!"

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 12. Feb 19, 22:15

RegisterMe wrote:
Mon, 11. Feb 19, 00:47
- John Wayne.. :lol:

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 13:28

WILBUR, SHOW ME THE MONEY..!! :lol:
- seems there is still a vast amount of slush-money washing around in the Trump Org's alternate reality ( - often referred to as "the underworld"):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgY47hplblM
- bribery and corruption, zillions of dodgy doner-dollars unaccounted for..
- flagrant abuse of emoluments rules..

- the steele dossier..
- a re-visit to the original "circus" , in case you need to catch up with events:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNgv281ElVQ
..just two years ago, this damning report hit the ground with a resounding thud
- it is shown in full, and has parts purposely redacted for state security reasons

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 22:47

Masterbagger wrote:
Tue, 12. Feb 19, 02:35
...He is openly mocking ....
<Full Stop>

So, should he be "openly mocking" anyone?

Oh, gee, let's see... "I am the President of the United States of America and Imma gunnu make fun of people by mocking them..."

It's really just ridiculous, juvenile, nonsense. And, it's not even a witty sort of "mockery!" It's low-brow crap, all of it. Every time he "mocks" someone, it's a gradeschool insult that he appears to think he thunk up his own self!

"So smart. So witty. Let me tell you, I'm the smartest! Nobody can mock someone like me, that I can tell you."

"But, people do it all the time, Mr. President."

"What? I didn't catch that."

"I'm not surprised."

"What? Hey, look, I'm the best catcher ever, let me tell you."

"So, you're coming out, now?"

"Huh? What?"

:)

Just a bit of levity. The point is that our President should be held to a higher standard than some adolescent kid hurling insults.

PS - I don't support her, btw. I think she tried to politically leverage her "racial heritage" and ran smack into a giant brick wall of FACT, then tumbled down a deep gorge, covered in flames, when she kept reinforcing the claim... She's just full of crap and seems to pander to anyone, anywhere, that will listen to her rant about stuff she doesn't seem to have any clue about. But, that doesn't mean that our President should be making jokes about "Pocohantas." I don't see that as a perjorative, like many seem to do, but it's still just plain stupid and we need to stop ignoring that behavior.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 23:14

I'm reading the new (very good btw) Andrew Roberts biography of Churchill at the moment. There are many examples where he was cruel, vindictive, mocking, belittling and bullying. Though, it has to be said, with a great deal of context and some "history proved him right" to go with it. Also, it shouldn't be forgotten, that he was incredibly magnanimous - whether you're talking people who were once political enemies, or people who were one more kinetic enemies (the Boers, Germany after WWI). But none of the people who worked for him, and none of the people who worked with him, thought him cruel, vindictive, mocking, belittling or bullying.

Almost without exception they loved him*. As did the "people".

Almost, without exception, when he realised (or had been told, normally by his wife Clementine) that he'd behaved badly towards somebody, he went out of his way to demonstrate their importance, both to the war effort and to him personally (though it needs to be said he never apologised).

Apparently us Brits are known as cold, humourless, and aloof. Well, (apart from being a cheeky, naughty, easily amused little urchin until he died) Churchill cried, so often, for so many reasons, in so many different contexts (from the House of Commons to bombed out buildings in the East End) that he's probably our greatest crier. And that's one of the reasons we loved him and fought for him, and one of the reasons we revere him.

For all his faults he was genuine.

Now you might say cometh the hour cometh the man, or indeed cometh the man cometh the hour.

To which I would reply Trump isn't the man, and there isn't an hour.

EDIT: * I should have included something like "in the end", and, of course, we haven't yet got to the end of the Trump presidency. I guess time will tell......
Last edited by RegisterMe on Wed, 13. Feb 19, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
I can't breathe.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 13. Feb 19, 23:15

if she has only an atomic particle-sized amount of Indian blood in her ancestry, why shouldn't express her pride?
I don't see that as problematic, in fact quite the opposite.. great stuff.. more power to ya'..!!
- what's the problem here?

Return to “Off Topic English”