Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: Trump

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 2. Dec 19, 23:35

I'm sorry. You can send him back by freight. We'll pay for shipping.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 20:43

Trump is such a two faced hypocritical liar. With all the bad things he has said about NATO in the past few years, he has the cheek to call the French President a nasty person for saying that NATO was brain dead, which isn't nearly as bad as some of the things Trump has said about NATO. Then when he met up with Emmanuel Macron he was all lovey dovey and stuck his head so far up Macron's *** we lost sight of it.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 20:58

felter wrote:
Tue, 3. Dec 19, 20:43
Trump is such a two faced hypocritical liar. With all the bad things he has said about NATO in the past few years, he has the cheek to call the French President a nasty person for saying that NATO was brain dead, which isn't nearly as bad as some of the things Trump has said about NATO. Then when he met up with Emmanuel Macron he was all lovey dovey and stuck his head so far up Macron's *** we lost sight of it.
Well, another way of looking at it was that it was a great piece of child psychology by Macron:-

Trump - NATO is shit.
Macron - You're right, NATO is shit.
Trump - NO! NATO IS BRILLIANT!!!!!

EDIT: Talking of dirt, the torrent that comes out of this administration continues unabated. The weekend and the week up until today has been... interesting.

* Appeal re Trump's tax returns thrown out, so subject to the Supreme Court not overturning it they will be available to Congress.
* It turns out that the Senate (ie chaired by Republicans) Intelligence Committee concluded ages ago that all the noise re Ukraine meddling in the 2016 election / Crowd Strike / the DNC server etc was a load of old tosh. One wonders why they didn't inform their House colleagues of this.
* Nunes and his trip to meet Ukrainians in Vienna.
* Rudy being hyper-Rudy.
* Cohen telling people that Trump's new attorney told him to stfu about more Moscow Trump Tower details.
* $400m border wall contract awarded, without going to tender, to a Trump supporter.
* Tucker Carlson saying that the US should side with Russia over Ukraine.
* Barr disputing the DoJ's Inspector General report into the Muller report.

The list probably goes on.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 21:06

With NATO being a huge obstical for Russia, I can see why Trump wouldn't be fond of it... but why does Macaroon have a negative view?
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 21:15

In a nutshell, because Turkey is doing whatever it wants and the US just slamming it, even though part they are part of the problem since they don't coordinate their actions with NATO anymore and Europe not beeing tough enough on all this bullshittery.
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 21:23

ohh so basically, France is pissed because Europe isn't standing up against Trump, and Trump is pissed because NATO is anti Russia? That about right?
rebellionpac.com

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 21:30

That's about right...

To put it another way that fits macron's brain-death comment, Macron considered the US the brain of NATO, that is now dead/dying, because of that Turkey could do whatever and Europe isn't stepping up to be the new brain.
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 21:59

There's another subtext to the whole NATO thing (beyond French exceptionalism and Trump's NATO resentment).

France wants to take a more strident role within Europe, and see Europe take a more strident role globally. There has always been a tension between this aspiration and that of Atlanticists like the UK and the Baltics / Poland. Add to this a French desire to be more involved in Africa (particularly in the Sahel in an anti-Islam fudamentalist role) which is an area NATO is currently reluctant to get too involved in. Chuck in a bit of Turkey being in the awkward squad for good measure.
I can't breathe.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 22:19

tbh, I do wish Europe would take the ball and run with it. They're in a position to be self-empowered and show up Trump by making him look like an utter failure. There's nothing Trump could do about it but pitch a fit and whine even more than he already does. Show him why "America first" is doomed to fail.
rebellionpac.com

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 22:51

Well, certainly not all the fault is Americas. But the point that Trump and his administration continually miss is that we can all win, and not at the expense of each other.

Right now Trump seems to be picking a fight with everybody bar.... hmmm, I would have said Brasil but he's just threatened to hit them with tariffs. I guess he hasn't picked a fight with the Vatican? Yet? Other than that he seems to be doing his damndest to damage the USA's relations with pretty much every other country on the planet.

We're all just holding our breath and hoping he gets turfed out in 2020. And if he doesn't? Forum rules prevent me from expressing myself adequately :).
I can't breathe.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 23:38

lol well, the concept of an alliance is completely foreign to Trump. He is so self absorbed he thinks that a friend is someone that will kiss his ass every time he MAGAs in his pants. Is it any surprise that no one has come out in defense of Trump over his Ukraine shenanigans saying "He's just not the kind of person to demand a favor in return"? He absolutely is that kind of person and he believes the world exists to serve him. I seriously can't wait for him to be taken down.
rebellionpac.com

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 00:28

So the report to the house lawmakers has been made in the impeachment and it basically says impeachment should continue as the evidence for impeachment is overwhelming.
The president placed personal political interests "above the national interests of the United States",
He tried over months to "solicit foreign interference" from Ukraine to help his 2020 re-election bid
Meanwhile the Republicans have release a counter 123 page report and their defence is:
they "fundamentally disagreed with President Trump's style, world view and decisions".
Which I will agree to because because Trumps style, world view and decisions are all paramount to being illegal and he shouldn't be doing them.

If you want to read full report into his impeachment, have fun.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 02:23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA4OFzXD4y0

I don't typically watch Rachel Maddow but she makes a very good point. With both Congressmen Hunter and Collins being reelected despite their criminal indictments, why are republican voters so willing to overlook the criminality of the candidates they're electing? Both have plead guilty to their charges, despite playing the "deep state/witch hunt" card. They followed in Trumpypoos footsteps and got caught without the benefit of the DOJ saying they can't be indicted. Where's the "party of values"?

At this point, the RNC might as well print out a sex offender registry, throw a dart at it, and start campaigning for whoever it lands on.
rebellionpac.com

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 02:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbIDtyIN7pQ

Ruh roh raggy. Evidence showing a direct link between Nunes and Parnas has been discovered. Maybe we should just put the entire republican party in jail and be done with it.
rebellionpac.com

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 11:56

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/03/politics ... index.html

Huh... I'm not sure what to make of this. Lindsey Graham apparently broke with the republican narrative and said Ukraine had nothing to do with the 2016 election interference and it was entirely Russia. Is he flip flopping again?
rebellionpac.com

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 14:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Brau5 ... e=youtu.be

House Judiciary hearings beginning shortly.
rebellionpac.com

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 16:29

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/trump- ... oes-viral/

lol awwwww... Trumpypoo got his wittle feelings hurt.
rebellionpac.com

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 16:40

I'm watching the Judicial hearing at the moment. The start is painfully embarrassing :(.

EDIT: Here's a link - https://www.c-span.org/video/?466833-1/ ... EkQAvD_BwE
I can't breathe.

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 18:24

Taking bets that Gym Jordan is gonna parrot the Ukraine Russian narrative at 140MPH
rebellionpac.com

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Wed, 4. Dec 19, 19:00

If Jordan is sensible he'll keep his mouth shut. The ranking Republican, counsel for the Republicans and Turley are putting up a much more impressive effort than any of the Republicans did in the Intelligence Committee hearings.
I can't breathe.

Return to “Off Topic English”