Playing other games

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Playing other games

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 03:40

Mightysword wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 19, 03:32
...<stuff><sic>
Just don't make discussions "personal." Don't pretend to reply to a quoted item and then start making your discussion about something else entirely while being inspired by other discussions the person may have had with you that have nothing to do with what you're talking about.

That's just "wrong." I don't care if you disagree with something I wrote, but if you're against "me" as a person and as some holistic entity you have constructed due to your interpretations of other things I have written then I don't want to engage in a discussion that includes such a thing.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 14:24

@ Morkonan and Mightysword: You have monopolised and derailed this thread with your personal argument now. Please find something else to occupy you for a while and just get over it.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 19. Nov 19, 02:39

It looks like there will be another half life game in vr

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/18/209 ... ip-vr-game

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Wed, 20. Nov 19, 09:03

so right now i'am playing or re-playing the best game ever made on pc yes Total Annihilation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ioPBuhCKkE i have been re-playing this game for over twenty years now and its still funn
GA-7N400 PRO2
2x512MB PC3200 in dual channel
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 26. Nov 19, 17:21

Any Mechwarrior fans should check out this new game with single player and coop (team of 4). It's on my Steam Christmas list ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Thu, 28. Nov 19, 01:57

euclid wrote:
Tue, 26. Nov 19, 17:21
Any Mechwarrior fans should check out this new game with single player and coop (team of 4). It's on my Steam Christmas list ;-)

Cheers Euclid
I have a beta code for that. I'm sure there are people streaming it and whatnot but I'll try out my code and see what it is like and report back.

I played a few missions. It looks good. I logged enough hours in MWO that I had no difficulty diving right in and wrecking stuff. It plays great with a mouse. Just about everything you see can be blown up. I rolled up on some kind of walled installation and just lasered down the walls to waltz in and melt the place. It's a lot different than MWO where what was once cover is now concealment. Mechs are very strong versus anything that isn't a mech. Even a couple medium lasers can reduce structures and turrets easily. The enemy land vehicles seem to be there just as a check that you loaded enough tons of ammunition.

The AI is not impressive. The AI mechs don't maneuver in a way that makes any sense. They don't shield their breached armor and they show their back. They don't seem to choose the target they want to shoot at very well. It is as if the AI is directing it to shoot at something but that something is a random target it has line of sight to. A lot of the AI mechs I shot at just kind of stood there and took it. It was too easy to focus down center torsos when the AI doesn't maneuver. My AI lance wasn't entirely useless but I did the huge majority of the work and the lack of tactics from the AI let me punch way above my weight class. My medium mech was downing heavies without a challenge just from being wise about what part to shoot at.

The friendly AI mechs have a bad habit of stepping in front of you. I remember that from MWO but it was player inexperience doing that and not a script. Watch your AC20 fire. I haven't gotten into the weapons in depth yet but I do find that the autocannons are satisfying. They did a much better job of making ballistic weapons actually look like they are firing a projectile. Cannons and unguided missiles require some practice. I was holding my autocannon fire against moving enemies until the AI decided to randomly hold position. It will stop and let you shoot it if you wait.

Biggest downside is that it is all inner sphere tech right now. I'm a Shadowcat pilot. If I had to pick one mech for life that is it.
Who made that man a gunner?

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 04:30

Metro Exodus Released on steam. It looks like being an Epic store one year exclusive didn't hurt it too much? It might be a 50 gb + large download.

Stalkers 2 (2021) game cipher is still going on. 35N is all thats been solved yet.

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 10:51

It has also been available from the Microsoft Game Pass catalogue for several months by now, my fiancee played it from there and loved it to bits. I have it in the queue but I'm afraid it'll be a long time before I get to it.

For some reason, their Game Pass service for pc seem to have passed under the radar of so many people...3.99 € while it's still in beta, and you can play several AAA and newly released titles too...Gears 5 alone would have costed me 60 € on Steam, finished and shelved in well under a month for 3.99 €, ok I didn't actually buy it, but still a bargain for me.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 11:45

See, I know about Game Pass, but the only game I was interested in playing on it was the Outer Worlds--so I just bought that outright from the Microsoft store (because screw Epic) in order for the most money possible to go to the developers. Same reason I bought X2 even though I did get a complimentary copy.

red assassin
x3

Post by red assassin » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 12:56

pjknibbs wrote:
Sun, 16. Feb 20, 11:45
the Outer Worlds
Just finished playing that, actually. Great game.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 13:04

I'm playing an indy game atm, called Siralim 3. It's kind of an RPG / strategy / pet collector / breedery infinite procedural generated dungeon delve. The graphics are awful, and the GUI, well, let's just say that it's... cumbersome. But there's a lot of depth here, and a lot of game. I picked it up on Steam two or three days ago for a tenner and I've already clocked 14 hours in it.

EDIT: Heh, I've just looked at it has 1172 Steam achievements to earn :).
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 22:59

That Metro Exodus must have lost a lot of money. The Steam version currently has 40% off the price, while if they had sold it on Steam at the same time as they sold the Epic version, those same people that are currently paying 40% less for it would have been paying the full price. That is a lot of sales at 40% off that they are losing. Mind you we don't know how much Epic paid them for the exclusive or how many of those that are buying it on Steam right now, also bought it originally on the Epic store, but I suspect that someone some where has lost more than a few bucks by going Epic exclusive.

Klei have just announced they are working on a DLC for ONI, so I'm keeping my gaming money for that, for when it is released around summer time, and as I have around 1500 hours so far in ONI I'm more than a little bit excited for that release. In the meantime while I'm not playing ONI, believe it or not I'm currently playing Oblivion, and for a game that was released 14 years ago, with only a couple of mods it looks pretty darn good.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 28. Feb 20, 09:49

Balders Gate 3 announced.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sun, 1. Mar 20, 11:28

burger1 wrote:
Fri, 28. Feb 20, 09:49
Looks more like DoS 3 than BG ;)
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sun, 1. Mar 20, 18:30

Sorkvild wrote:
Sun, 1. Mar 20, 11:28
burger1 wrote:
Fri, 28. Feb 20, 09:49
Looks more like DoS 3 than BG ;)
Divinity Original Sin 3 would be ok. It's going to be turn based like Divinity Original Sin. Real time combat with a pause button if needed is better like Baldurs Gate or Dragon Age Origins. Hopefully it's a game full of quirky characters with an interesting engrossing plot.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Wed, 4. Mar 20, 23:24

Not looooong now... https://store.steampowered.com/app/2615 ... annerlord/

31st March 2020 - Mount and Blade 2: BannerLord.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 08:33

Chips wrote:
Wed, 4. Mar 20, 23:24

Isn't that an Early Access release, though?

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 09:59

I am keeping tabs on Ultimate Admiral Dreadnought (check alpha gameplay here) by Nick Thomadis, the creator of "DarthMod" in Total War mod. However it is not yet finished and they are developing at same time 1 more game and keeping maintenance of another game so I decided to check out his other work.

Against my instincts I bought his earlier game Ultimate General Civil War... This is the first game where I found myself thinking -*hmm, no point of giving these guys expensive rifles, give these recruits captured muskets - they will die anyway in the first wave against Stony Ridge (2. Bull run)"
233 of 800 unit survived against all odds and victory was achieved within 3 hours of start of the battle (beating history is not easy in this game) so they were deemed worthy and experienced enough to upgrade to more expensive Lorenz rifles and given more proper unit name :P

That said the game is very tough even on Brigade General level (medium), it really shows off how long term logistics affect the war. Rare to see it in a game.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Sun, 8. Mar 20, 00:58

pjknibbs wrote:
Thu, 5. Mar 20, 08:33
Chips wrote:
Wed, 4. Mar 20, 23:24

Isn't that an Early Access release, though?
well, I started the original MB in early access as well. Might as well keep tradition.

This is one of those game I will buy with high epectation that it will be completely bonker and broken on release. Can't go wrong with it. :D
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 8. Mar 20, 09:31

Mightysword wrote:
Sun, 8. Mar 20, 00:58
well, I started the original MB in early access as well. Might as well keep tradition.
I have a rule that I don't do Early Access--not only does it annoy me when a game's features or controls change halfway through playing it, but I find that I often get bored with the game and stop playing before final release. I'd rather play the finished game with the finished features.

Return to “Off Topic English”