Playing other games

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Playing other games

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 00:28

Mightysword wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 19, 15:27
Dude, that's like asking "why do I need to be online to play multiplayer?". :sceptic:
So, it's a multiplayer game, then?
And notice how after I presented with you with the fact as someone who actually played them, you still hardcore cling to it. tl;dr: none of the ANNO tittle requires you to be "always on", and neither it downgrade your experience for not doing so. And no, not letting you play "online" for "not being" online is not downgrading it. That's just a silly complain.
Are you saying that if I played Anno 2070 offline I would get to retain the upgrades to my Ark ship?

https://anno2070.fandom.com/wiki/Ark

I assume that wiki is lying, since you can't be overstating something or clinging to a misconception in your zeal.

I have no knowledge of the latest Anno game since I stopped pursuing Anno after Ubisoft moved to design their games for ever more senseless online requirements.
- I bought the game yesterday from Uplay, using paypal, Ubisoft didn't get my credit info. Also why you made mandatory modcheck sound like it's an issue? Any game with let you connect to a server does that to prevent cheaters. If it detected your game is modified, it just doesn't connect you to the server (which to you may actually be a good thing, you don't want it to happen anyway right?), it doesn't stop you from playing or downgrade your game. I mean ... Steam disable achievement on mod game, and you can't log in multiplay if you game is modified ... how that's an issue with Uplay?
So, you're saying this is a competitive multiplayer game that checks to be sure players aren't cheating?
I used to hate Uplay too, and it's not like I love it now, I just no longer have issue with it. This is less about me defending it, more about correcting wrongful and misinformed info based on old/outdated knowledge.
What was the misinformed info I presented that stretches beyond mere "opinion" into the dangerous realms of wartime propaganda you seem to wish to rise up against?

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 01:49

Morkonan wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 19, 00:28
So, it's a multiplayer game, then?
No it is not a multiplayer game.

In full context:
Morkonan wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 19, 14:55
- 2275 is even more bare-bone in term of online. All it offers is a global market where you can buy and sell your stuffs with a "fluctuate" pricing base on supply and demand. Not going online just mean the price revert to default and stay fixed.
And... why? They had to force you online to update your market prices because... why?
I was explaining to you how the online market in 2205 works. Your inquest is kinda like you are complaining about a game that is 99% Single, and a 1% online aspect comes from a leaderboard. It's like you complain about a SP shouldn't have a leaderboard, and complain about you have to log in to have your score upload, and then make a case why you shouldn't have to do it. That's why I thought it was a silly argument. If you don't care about that feature, you don't have to log in, what I read is you seem to want "I want to have my stat on the leaderboard but shouldn't require to go online to upload it". If that qualified as "multiplayer" to you, then yeah I guess it's a multiplayer.

The point is: if you don't care about that's online component, it wouldn't matter to you anyway. But if you care about playing online, then you should accept the requirement that come with it. But this is more like a case that you want to complain simply because it is "there". I don't like to complain for the shake of complaining. :sceptic:

Are you saying that if I played Anno 2070 offline I would get to retain the upgrades to my Ark ship?

https://anno2070.fandom.com/wiki/Ark

I assume that wiki is lying, since you can't be overstating something or clinging to a misconception in your zeal.
No, it's not lying. But here is the different between a man who eat a steak and know what it tastes like, and a man who watch a video of someone eating a steak and believe he know exactly how it tastes like. The Ark in Anno 2070 functions mostly an ingame cheat device.

- Storage: say you decided you "finish" with your current map and want to start a new game. You can load up items in your warehouse and carry them to your next game and get a head start. Against who? A bunch of non-existent AI. Really, I think it takes less effort to cheat 10,000,000 credits and it would accomplish the same thing.

-Upgrade: most of the upgrade you can carry with your ark around can still be acquire during a normal gaming section, you just have to research and craft them normally.

It's better to think it's more like an incentive to connect, rather punish you for not doing so. A fully upgraded ARK basically put you beyond the rule of the game, and I didn't care for it. Even without going online the Ark still functional, you can still slot it with upgrade, you can still request supply/reinforcement from it, it's just not easy mode. I'm a purist Annoholist, I don't care about "trading with other players", I don't care about "getting a head start", and I don't care about "have overpower boosters at the beginning". So for me it's not even "having minimum impact on gamplay", It's actually "having zero impact" on gameplay. I don't complain just because "it's there". 90% of my time with 2070 were played entirely offline.
So, you're saying this is a competitive multiplayer game that checks to be sure players aren't cheating?
Sigh, this is such a strawman argument that I wouldn't be able to remain courteous and answer it, so I won't. You're making a strawman argument and you know it. If your mind is set that way, I won't bother trying to convince you otherwise.

You know, even if you want that fully upgrade ark, you only need to connect it when you start your new game, after that you can yank the cable off your wall and the game won't care. I mentioned people even used Uplay offline mode to "cheat" the system and played pass the time when the Beta supposed to close, it has becomes that "lax" about it. In fact, out of the 3 platforms I have on my computer right now: Steam, Origin, Uplay is actually the least visible among them.

The reason Uplay got a really bad name dated back a long time ago, when their "always on" requirement was draconian. Not only you have to be connected to start the game, the game constantly check for connection, the moment it loses connection it kicks you out of the game, full stop. They faced intense backlash then, and rightly so. I wouldn't blame anyone if they decided to boycott it then, I was one of them. But like I said that was a long time ago, and these days some people still use that stick to beat up a death horse. And you know people always make issues sound 100x worse than it is when they presented it under prejudice. That's why you remind me of your other post, not because some conspiracy. The people you responded may have amplified their view into the extreme hyperbolic, but there a grain salt of truth to what they said, and there are valid reason for their view, it doesn't mean the views are reasonable. I wouldn't recommend anyone to play 2070 or 2205, because they are not good ANNO games. But if you end up playing them, I bet you would change your complains or at least have a new perspective about them, like "people made a big deal out of THIS" ? ;)

I intended to replay to this a while back:
Morkonan wrote:
Sun, 7. Apr 19, 03:36
See, you're making the assumption that there are "other wonderful experiences of a camping trip." :)
Not "assume", know. Because I'm someone who actually went to the actual camping trip, and not just watch a video or heard someone talk about it. ;)

Anyway. To answer your original post:
Morkonan wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 19, 19:17
Is this title "Live" only? A cut-down version when you're not connected? If so, it'll never be on my PC and that's a shame.
You should gather enough so far from my replies that the answer to both your question is no. In fact, the historical trend clearly show they're moving away from it from each tittle. 2070 with the Ark things is probably most intergrated, 2205 is bare minimum (if you care about it), and so far 1800 you only go online if you want to play multiplayer.

Anyway that's it from me for this argument, I shouldn't even start it in the first place. I prefer talking about much I am enjoying 1800. :D
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 02:46

So I finally reached the same point I was in the Beta - fully upgrade tier 3 (Artisan), and hit the 4th tier (Engineer). I was disappointed when I saw how short the building list is, much shorter than the previous tiers. I thought "maybe that's why they didn't include this in the beta, people would be disappointed".

That was 2 days ago, and I'm still at the 4th tier. Holy crap, now I understand why I heard the people in the closed Beta said "the game really start once you hit the 4th tier". My earlier assumption the Beta already contain 60%-70% of the game in the first 3 tiers turn out to be wrong. Because in the past moving up the tier doesn't really change the game mechanic, you just become more fanciful. In 1800, tier 4 introduces one new resource: oil. And the tl;dr version of this post is: it changes the game as much as oil changed our world in real life. If you want the longer version, read on :D

- Oil is a unique resource that has a separate method to collect, transport, and utilize. It has it own warehouse, but the best (or worst) part of it is you have to build a rail network to transport it around your island. So I built this beautiful beautiful Victorian cities like the stuffs came out of your dream ... and now the games tell me I gonna built a rail right through it! :x I think now I understand what cityplaner have to deal with when they try to build new project on developed land. At first I found that annoying. I ask "why oil has to be collected like this and not just like any other resource", I thought the game just try to be complicate for no reason.

- Turn out it has a reason. Because you use oil fuel your power plant, and factories that receive this juice basically go super saiyan. From my previous I mentioned the new labour mechanic meaning up until this point the game is a dedicate act in balancing your workforce. Now suddenly you can produce the same amount with half of the workforce, or making twice as much. It's like all the farmer and worker tried to hard to be clever, optimizing layout to squeeze in that extra 1% or 2% extra production. Now the engineers come in and laugh "haha, that's cute, but let me show you what REAL POWER (pun intended) looks like". It's not cheap to run a powerplant, and you only have enough oil to maintain one, or two if you lucky. So not only my City has to be rescaped to accommodate the rail network, my entire industry that scatter around are also uprooted and concentrate around the power plant. Then it hits me ... this must be what most cities go through during the industrialization age. So here the game success at giving me that authentic experience of the transformation, and not just a new skin for my city. And you need it to make Steam ships, which is a class above the sail stuffs you have. Faster, better load, more resilience, and carry a much larger payload of freedom on their deck! :D

- Then they say power corrupt right? It really does. Remember I said days ago about keeping pollution away from your city for tourism ... after witness "real power", I was like ****** the environment, efficiency is king! I think the developer expected exactly that, so they have this cheeky achievement in the game.

- Then no matter how much you do, there can only be so many factories you can jam around a powerplant, and you don't have enough oil to run a second. I have always been a pacifist annoholist ... for the last 10 year. My game is always "leave me alone and I'll leave you alone", my military is always meant for only defense. But now, I want a 2nd powerplant, and a third ... and maybe a fourth. After all I'm not even at the point where I have to supply electricity to household (which I will have to eventually). And my "peaceful" neighbor have a lot of oil that she doesn't seem to use ... I'm ashamed to admit this, but I have been living in the US for 18 years now, and call myself an American for 13 of those. But only now, it takes a freaking videogame to grant me this connection to Uncle Sam, and appreciate the evil he has to bear for my benefit. Here is a song to celebrate the occasion: When America discovered that Bee has oil. :twisted:

Another point about about the multiworlds system. Anyone played 1404 remember eventually our empire is maintaining by a network of trading ship ferrying stuffs around island, usually in small amount. The dual world means it takes a lot longer to move stuffs now, and usually in large quantities. So imagine when your ship arriving from the new world, carried hundred of tons of silk, coffee, rum and the freaking pirates got to it first. :evil: . At first I didn't think much about it, ships got blew up all the time in 1404, just build another to replace it. Except, it takes a long time to build, sent it across the ocean, load, and wait for it to cross the ocean again ... by the time the new ship arrive, the supply were long gone and my city were already in full crisis mode. I thought it would make a good "No deal Brexit" simulation. :mrgreen: . I don't know what the Swiss was thinking about their recent decision of stop stockpiling coffee. It may have no nutrition value, but I can confirm people get super-pissed about not having it for some reason. :shock:

So I'm wondering what the last tier of civilization (Investor) will offer, seeing how the game make a point of capturing the spirit of each era above just some cosmetic change, I wouldn't be surprise if there will be some capitalist shitthousery theme there. :)

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 03:06

Mightysword wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 19, 01:49
No it is not a multiplayer game.

I was explaining to you how the online market in 2205 works. Your inquest is kinda like you are complaining about a game that is 99% Single, and a 1% online aspect comes from a leaderboard.
And, the need for that "1%?" A "leaderboard?" Because... why? You don't see that as a "feature" that was shoehorned in as an excuse for "online play?"
It's like you complain about a SP shouldn't have a leaderboard, and complain about you have to log in to have your score upload, and then make a case why you shouldn't have to do it. That's why I thought it was a silly argument. If you don't care about that feature, you don't have to log in, what I read is you seem to want "I want to have my stat on the leaderboard but shouldn't require to go online to upload it". If that qualified as "multiplayer" to you, then yeah I guess it's a multiplayer.
I wouldn't care at all about having my awesome achievements uploaded to a "leaderboard."
The point is: if you don't care about that's online component, it wouldn't matter to you anyway. But if you care about playing online, then you should accept the requirement that come with it. But this is more like a case that you want to complain simply because it is "there". I don't like to complain for the shake of complaining. :sceptic:
I'm complaining that there should be no need for anyone playing a "Single Player Game" to have to log-in online, at least not for a game genre like Anno. It makes no sense at all unless the publisher/dev wants to push/encourage or require "online" sessions for other reasons.

No, it's not lying. But here is the different between a man who eat a steak and know what it tastes like, and a man who watch a video of someone eating a steak and believe he know exactly how it tastes like. The Ark in Anno 2070 functions mostly an ingame cheat device.

- Storage: say you decided you "finish" with your current map and want to start a new game. You can load up items in your warehouse and carry them to your next game and get a head start. Against who? A bunch of non-existent AI. Really, I think it takes less effort to cheat 10,000,000 credits and it would accomplish the same thing.

-Upgrade: most of the upgrade you can carry with your ark around can still be acquire during a normal gaming section, you just have to research and craft them normally.

It's better to think it's more like an incentive to connect, rather punish you for not doing so. A fully upgraded ARK basically put you beyond the rule of the game, and I didn't care for it. Even without going online the Ark still functional, you can still slot it with upgrade, you can still request supply/reinforcement from it, it's just not easy mode. I'm a purist Annoholist, I don't care about "trading with other players", I don't care about "getting a head start", and I don't care about "have overpower boosters at the beginning". So for me it's not even "having minimum impact on gamplay", It's actually "having zero impact" on gameplay. I don't complain just because "it's there". 90% of my time with 2070 were played entirely offline.
But, I still can't get access to upgrades to my Ark that I acquire during my own play if I don't go online, right? I don't get access to this game asset that others can enjoy when they're online?
Sigh, this is such a strawman argument that I wouldn't be able to remain courteous and answer it, so I won't. You're making a strawman argument and you know it. If your mind is set that way, I won't bother trying to convince you otherwise.
You brought up "cheat detection" and I am wondering why there's "cheat detection" involved at all if the game isn't a competitive multiplayer type of game.
The reason Uplay got a really bad name dated back a long time ago, when their "always on" requirement was draconian. Not only you have to be connected to start the game, the game constantly check for connection, the moment it loses connection it kicks you out of the game, full stop. They faced intense backlash then, and rightly so. I wouldn't blame anyone if they decided to boycott it then, I was one of them. But like I said that was a long time ago, and these days some people still use that stick to beat up a death horse.
It's far more than an old stick beating a dead horse conversation, these days. It's a pretty darn big discussion about "always online" requirements that publishers are pushing in order to get more access to gamer's data, social connections, forming customer bases and marketing not only in-game purchases but entire storefronts and exploiting their game offers in order to encourage and require online components to further all these things.

So, I wonder why a game adds an unnecessary "1%" component it then uses as an excuse to require logins and online components. And, it's the act of removing game elements for offline users to encourage online participation that I decided i would no longer support by refusing to buy any Anno/Ubisoft title because of that.

It was a decision based on principle. You are, of course free to argue against that principle, but the things you put forth as reasons for online play make my principle seem that much more valid. They're not "critical components" of gameplay, are they? That you can just unplug or don't need them or they're only "1%" of the game or it's only stupid "leaderboard" stuff... That underscores my point, right?

You, yourself, stated that they're only there to encourage online participation... And, I am maintaining that's a needless component which you have verified through your examples.
And you know people always make issues sound 100x worse than it is when they presented it under prejudice. That's why you remind me of your other post, not because some conspiracy. The people you responded may have amplified their view into the extreme hyperbolic, but there a grain salt of truth to what they said, and there are valid reason for their view, it doesn't mean the views are reasonable. I wouldn't recommend anyone to play 2070 or 2205, because they are not good ANNO games. But if you end up playing them, I bet you would change your complains or at least have a new perspective about them, like "people made a big deal out of THIS" ? ;)
What are you arguing against, "me" or what I wrote in my above post?

Seriously? If you're just arguing so that you can argue against "me" do you expect me to then engage in such a discussion? Argue the points or not at all, don't make it personal.

I intended to replay to this a while back:
Morkonan wrote:
Sun, 7. Apr 19, 03:36
Not "assume", know. Because I'm someone who actually went to the actual camping trip, and not just watch a video or heard someone talk about it. ;)
... Are you saying that you somehow "know" I have never been on a camping trip? WTF have you lost your mind?
Anyway. To answer your original post:
For realz? Who woulda thunked it?
Morkonan wrote:
Tue, 16. Apr 19, 19:17
Is this title "Live" only? A cut-down version when you're not connected? If so, it'll never be on my PC and that's a shame.
...Anyway that's it from me for this argument, I shouldn't even start it in the first place. I prefer talking about much I am enjoying 1800. :D
You're welcome to enjoy it. I have no problem with that. I only have a problem when someone needlessly requires an online component for a game that doesn't have sufficient justification for that. Their latest Anno games all have these components and it's just... bad for gaming in general. IF there was a significant reason for it, I wouldn't mind. But, there isn't one no matter how many shoehorned excuses they try to put in the game to justify it. Therefore, no sale to me.

But, if you like it, that's great! I'm happy if you're happy with it.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 03:32

So, I wonder why a game adds an unnecessary "1%" component it then uses as an excuse to require logins and online components. And, it's the act of removing game elements for offline users to encourage online participation that I decided i would no longer support by refusing to buy any Anno/Ubisoft title because of that.
And what I am saying I don't see why this is a problem. If the game is 100% singleplay like you said, something like a leaderboard wouldn't exist anyway. And if you don't really care about it, then you don't have to go online to participate in it. So if you are someone who doesn't care about something about a leaderboard it wouldn't matter for you whether it's there or not. It's just seem to be you are angry simply because it's there as an option.

And what wrong with providing incentive for people to do something you want them to do, you mean you never do it before in your life? Say you maybe a very good father who are able to convince his children that doing their homework is good for them, and they should do it on their own without extra encouragement. Well good for you ... but what's wrong with parents who say "hey, finish your homework early and do an extra set of problem and I'll treat you to ice cream!" I'm sitting here with the image of you being someone getting angry at the other father saying "YOU ARE SPOILING YOUR KIDS THAT WAY, IN PRINCIPAL YOU SHOULDN'T DO THAT!".

Morkonan wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 19, 03:06
You're welcome to enjoy it. I have no problem with that. I only have a problem when someone needlessly requires an online component for a game that doesn't have sufficient justification for that. Their latest Anno games all have these components and it's just... bad for gaming in general. IF there was a significant reason for it, I wouldn't mind. But, there isn't one no matter how many shoehorned excuses they try to put in the game to justify it. Therefore, no sale to me.

But, if you like it, that's great! I'm happy if you're happy with it.
And this is why it's a good idea to drop the argument, it's clearly demonstrated here all the points get all so mixed up, for one reason or another I believe this is about "make a point" to disagree rather than just "talk about it". Let me straiten it out for you:

- Their latest Anno is 1800, and it has none of the stuffs you have problem. That is the game I'm enjoying.
- Anno 2070 (the one with the ark) was released in 2011.
- Anno 2205 was released in 2015 (which is a 99% SP and 1%multiplayer OPTIONAL component).

And I had repeatedly state I don't like both 2070 and 2205.

To make it clear, I'm not goading you or anyone into playing any game. I like 1800, and I remember a lot of people like 1404, so I want to spread the love. Just like when we talk about Subnautica, when you make a statement about not playing the game for "certain" reasons, I just want to make sure it's not under the wrong assumption, and I'm simply doing that out of concern as a fellow gaming enthusiast. If you play 1800 one day, I think you will like it. And if you decide not to play it "because what Ubisoft did in that past" then that's fine too, as long as it's not "I won't touch 1800 because it has all these evil features I think it has!

About your other sentiments ... heh, I'm not as old as you but I'm way past that part. Nowadays, the only things I care about gaming is "can I enjoy it" or not, after all it's entertainment, and getting pissy about entertainment seem to be ... unhealthy. I'm passed the part of either being a "fan" or being an "activist". Give me something I want to play, and you will get my money. The industry and market can sort itself out if anyone try to go too far. After all, it's hardly a monopoly market, the competition is fierce. You can see this at the length and pain Epic is taking to grab the share from Steam, and like I said, Uplay once tried to go far, and it was forced to repent, and after they do, I don't care about holding a grudge. I notice you mention the word "principal", and I wonder if you remember discussions we had and pass years about what is a principal. If you do then you would remember my view on principal is quite different then yours. For me, gaming is too cheap of a place to apply "principal". ;)
Last edited by Mightysword on Fri, 19. Apr 19, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 03:40

Mightysword wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 19, 03:32
...<stuff><sic>
Just don't make discussions "personal." Don't pretend to reply to a quoted item and then start making your discussion about something else entirely while being inspired by other discussions the person may have had with you that have nothing to do with what you're talking about.

That's just "wrong." I don't care if you disagree with something I wrote, but if you're against "me" as a person and as some holistic entity you have constructed due to your interpretations of other things I have written then I don't want to engage in a discussion that includes such a thing.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 14:24

@ Morkonan and Mightysword: You have monopolised and derailed this thread with your personal argument now. Please find something else to occupy you for a while and just get over it.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 19. Nov 19, 02:39

It looks like there will be another half life game in vr

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/18/209 ... ip-vr-game

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Wed, 20. Nov 19, 09:03

so right now i'am playing or re-playing the best game ever made on pc yes Total Annihilation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ioPBuhCKkE i have been re-playing this game for over twenty years now and its still funn
GA-7N400 PRO2
2x512MB PC3200 in dual channel
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 26. Nov 19, 17:21

Any Mechwarrior fans should check out this new game with single player and coop (team of 4). It's on my Steam Christmas list ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Masterbagger
x4

Post by Masterbagger » Thu, 28. Nov 19, 01:57

euclid wrote:
Tue, 26. Nov 19, 17:21
Any Mechwarrior fans should check out this new game with single player and coop (team of 4). It's on my Steam Christmas list ;-)

Cheers Euclid
I have a beta code for that. I'm sure there are people streaming it and whatnot but I'll try out my code and see what it is like and report back.

I played a few missions. It looks good. I logged enough hours in MWO that I had no difficulty diving right in and wrecking stuff. It plays great with a mouse. Just about everything you see can be blown up. I rolled up on some kind of walled installation and just lasered down the walls to waltz in and melt the place. It's a lot different than MWO where what was once cover is now concealment. Mechs are very strong versus anything that isn't a mech. Even a couple medium lasers can reduce structures and turrets easily. The enemy land vehicles seem to be there just as a check that you loaded enough tons of ammunition.

The AI is not impressive. The AI mechs don't maneuver in a way that makes any sense. They don't shield their breached armor and they show their back. They don't seem to choose the target they want to shoot at very well. It is as if the AI is directing it to shoot at something but that something is a random target it has line of sight to. A lot of the AI mechs I shot at just kind of stood there and took it. It was too easy to focus down center torsos when the AI doesn't maneuver. My AI lance wasn't entirely useless but I did the huge majority of the work and the lack of tactics from the AI let me punch way above my weight class. My medium mech was downing heavies without a challenge just from being wise about what part to shoot at.

The friendly AI mechs have a bad habit of stepping in front of you. I remember that from MWO but it was player inexperience doing that and not a script. Watch your AC20 fire. I haven't gotten into the weapons in depth yet but I do find that the autocannons are satisfying. They did a much better job of making ballistic weapons actually look like they are firing a projectile. Cannons and unguided missiles require some practice. I was holding my autocannon fire against moving enemies until the AI decided to randomly hold position. It will stop and let you shoot it if you wait.

Biggest downside is that it is all inner sphere tech right now. I'm a Shadowcat pilot. If I had to pick one mech for life that is it.
Who made that man a gunner?

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 04:30

Metro Exodus Released on steam. It looks like being an Epic store one year exclusive didn't hurt it too much? It might be a 50 gb + large download.

Stalkers 2 (2021) game cipher is still going on. 35N is all thats been solved yet.

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 10:51

It has also been available from the Microsoft Game Pass catalogue for several months by now, my fiancee played it from there and loved it to bits. I have it in the queue but I'm afraid it'll be a long time before I get to it.

For some reason, their Game Pass service for pc seem to have passed under the radar of so many people...3.99 € while it's still in beta, and you can play several AAA and newly released titles too...Gears 5 alone would have costed me 60 € on Steam, finished and shelved in well under a month for 3.99 €, ok I didn't actually buy it, but still a bargain for me.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 11:45

See, I know about Game Pass, but the only game I was interested in playing on it was the Outer Worlds--so I just bought that outright from the Microsoft store (because screw Epic) in order for the most money possible to go to the developers. Same reason I bought X2 even though I did get a complimentary copy.

red assassin
x3

Post by red assassin » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 12:56

pjknibbs wrote:
Sun, 16. Feb 20, 11:45
the Outer Worlds
Just finished playing that, actually. Great game.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 13:04

I'm playing an indy game atm, called Siralim 3. It's kind of an RPG / strategy / pet collector / breedery infinite procedural generated dungeon delve. The graphics are awful, and the GUI, well, let's just say that it's... cumbersome. But there's a lot of depth here, and a lot of game. I picked it up on Steam two or three days ago for a tenner and I've already clocked 14 hours in it.

EDIT: Heh, I've just looked at it has 1172 Steam achievements to earn :).
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 22:59

That Metro Exodus must have lost a lot of money. The Steam version currently has 40% off the price, while if they had sold it on Steam at the same time as they sold the Epic version, those same people that are currently paying 40% less for it would have been paying the full price. That is a lot of sales at 40% off that they are losing. Mind you we don't know how much Epic paid them for the exclusive or how many of those that are buying it on Steam right now, also bought it originally on the Epic store, but I suspect that someone some where has lost more than a few bucks by going Epic exclusive.

Klei have just announced they are working on a DLC for ONI, so I'm keeping my gaming money for that, for when it is released around summer time, and as I have around 1500 hours so far in ONI I'm more than a little bit excited for that release. In the meantime while I'm not playing ONI, believe it or not I'm currently playing Oblivion, and for a game that was released 14 years ago, with only a couple of mods it looks pretty darn good.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 28. Feb 20, 09:49

Balders Gate 3 announced.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Sun, 1. Mar 20, 11:28

burger1 wrote:
Fri, 28. Feb 20, 09:49
Looks more like DoS 3 than BG ;)
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sun, 1. Mar 20, 18:30

Sorkvild wrote:
Sun, 1. Mar 20, 11:28
burger1 wrote:
Fri, 28. Feb 20, 09:49
Looks more like DoS 3 than BG ;)
Divinity Original Sin 3 would be ok. It's going to be turn based like Divinity Original Sin. Real time combat with a pause button if needed is better like Baldurs Gate or Dragon Age Origins. Hopefully it's a game full of quirky characters with an interesting engrossing plot.

Return to “Off Topic English”