Playing other games

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alerion_V.X3
x3tc

Re: Playing other games

Post by Alerion_V.X3 » Wed, 14. Jun 23, 22:05

burger1 wrote:
Wed, 14. Jun 23, 08:18
Looks like there's going to be a Dragons Dogma 2.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2054 ... s_Dogma_2/
Oh, I'm glad. I really liked the predecessor and the add-on and played them extensively on the PS3.

I'm very excited about it. I'm glad they're bringing it to the PC this time as well. :)

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 14. Jun 23, 22:39

Indeed, DD was / is awesome. "The tail is severed!" :mrgreen:

---

Since it arrived on GOG I tried Evil West. Boy that's a crazy game...

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 15. Jun 23, 00:37

Gavrushka wrote:
Wed, 14. Jun 23, 21:25
The new one. In the end, I went back to a much earlier save and ended up in exactly the same pickle after a few hours of making my way back to where it all went wrong...

...until I beat up a training dummy and a door opened. Yeah, just so obvious, wasn't it?
Noted. I actually confused it with the other one - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1086 ... rs_Gate_3/
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 15. Jun 23, 06:39

fiksal wrote:
Thu, 15. Jun 23, 00:37
Gavrushka wrote:
Wed, 14. Jun 23, 21:25
The new one. In the end, I went back to a much earlier save and ended up in exactly the same pickle after a few hours of making my way back to where it all went wrong...

...until I beat up a training dummy and a door opened. Yeah, just so obvious, wasn't it?
Noted. I actually confused it with the other one - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1086 ... rs_Gate_3/
Ah, that's still in early access, and part of the reason I'm playing its predecessors before its release later in the year.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

joefrog

Post by joefrog » Mon, 30. Oct 23, 17:47

burger1 wrote:
Fri, 16. Sep 16, 02:28
What are you currently playing?
now I'm playing diablo 4, which came out relatively recently. i'm already level 70, it's a nice atmospheric game. a lot of interesting things, 8/10
By the way, I achieved this result with the help of this service
Last edited by joefrog on Wed, 1. Nov 23, 14:53, edited 2 times in total.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 1. Nov 23, 10:29

I discovered the GOG release of Days Gone. Such an amazing game - awesome story, visuals, gameplay loops.

Spoiler
Show

Alerion_V.X3
x3tc

Post by Alerion_V.X3 » Wed, 1. Nov 23, 11:48

Yesterday I spontaneously bought the "Mass Effect Legendary Edition" (all three previous parts + DLCs with better graphics included, except ME: Andromeda). It's on sale right now and since I played the first part ages ago (but never quite finished it), I wanted to take a look at the whole series bit by bit.

I also liked ME: Andromeda a lot, even though it was pretty torn apart by the "fans". But that was always unimportant to me ;-)

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 7. Nov 23, 21:53

I recently got introduced to DYSMANTLE the best game I have played in a while. It's not an AAA game, so it doesn't have the world's greatest graphics, meaning, it doesn't need a massive graphics card to run it, it doesn't take up so much storage space that it requires its own drive or even be placed on a superfast SSD to run properly, while it will run on most CPU's and to top it all of you don't need to take out a bank loan to buy it. But it does have one thing that most modern AAA games don't have much of, and that it is fun to play.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 29. Nov 23, 16:51

Last Train Home from Asbhorne Games looks like an awesome game and was just released yesterday. (also hit GOG right from the start)

Driving home for christmas indeed... :)

Spoiler
Show

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sun, 17. Dec 23, 23:16

I'm going to throw this one out there. The current biggest game on steam right now is Lethal Company, it's an indie game made by a single person while just costing £8.50 to buy, and it is outselling Call of Duty which is currently free to play for the weekend. I haven't played it myself, not my type of game, but it shows just how screwed up the likes of Activision is. By the way, it has as writing nearly 150,000 reviews on steam mainly all positive while Call of Duty has just over 5,000 mainly negative.

Meanwhile, the main writer for Starfield has gone into meltdown mode, telling his and the game's critics that they don't know what they are talking about for criticizing him and the game. I stand by what I said when I said Microsoft should have got rid of Tod Howard when they took over Bethesda.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

KarlSten
xr

Post by KarlSten » Tue, 26. Dec 23, 15:58

Currently playing Resident Evil HD Remake. Never played any RE games before. So far its quite ok although the tank controls need getting used to. But it's manageable.

Alerion_V.X3
x3tc

Post by Alerion_V.X3 » Sat, 30. Dec 23, 14:12

Just bought Everspace 2. Seems like it would be a very fun space action game. Haven't played much yet, but it already looks very good. Definitely worth a look :) 8)

KarlSten
xr

Post by KarlSten » Mon, 1. Jan 24, 17:52

Got me recently Subnautica. Nice graphics but it has the usual problems of survival games: the hunger/thirst system is too simple and therefor unrealistic and no fun for me. Also the day/night cycle is too fast for my taste. And the developers also didn't include a tiredness and sleep mechanic.

Alerion_V.X3
x3tc

Post by Alerion_V.X3 » Thu, 25. Jan 24, 20:56

Two games are currently on my "to play" list. On the one hand:

Palworld: Yes, i know - the Hype is real yaddayadda ... It's already a great game in the EA, even though I can't relate to Pokemon & Co. at all and therefore can't judge the comparisons and accusations of plagiarism. But the game doesn't take itself too seriously and for me it's more of a kind of "Ark Survival", albeit with more moderate survival elements and a cute twist. But I don't think it's for small children, despite the comic-like art style. Let's see what the developers do with the game

Enshrouded: Not played too much yet, but looks good so far and fun. A rather dark/serious fantasy open world with strong crafting, building and survival elements. Runs pretty well for me, but I hear there are still problems with the multiplayer here and there. I'm not surprised, it's only been in EA since yesterday. But there have already been three (!) hotfixes in the meantime. I would like to say that the response has been quick. :)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 25. Jan 24, 21:32

Two games ongoing as well (both from Epic Free giveaways):

Batman Arkham Knight:
After just recently finishing previous two Arkham series games I can definetly say Arkham Knight is 10/10 game...and I hate superheroes, riddles and fighting genres...yet I absolutely love these in Arkham series. Open World city is perfectly made with fast traverse via car or batsuit, not too big, not too bloated with Ubisoft style marker spam. Main quests and characters are great, side mission are interesting as well. Batmobile is absolutely insane fun and beating crowds of thugs make you literally scream "I'm Batman!"

The Outer Worlds:
If Starfield is Skyrim in Space, then TOW is New Vegas in Space.
While it's not Witcher 3, it's definetly an Obsidian...Bethesda-like game (minus Bethesda usuall weak points).
The Worlds and story writing is interesting, characters seems to be good as well, quests allow you multiple different solutions. Most suprising is that gunplay seems to be fun as well and enemies are not completely brain dead.
Ohh, and Inventory GUI is not abbysman (comparing to Starfield :P) and you don't get the over encumbered sundrome as often as in Bethesda games. The only weak point I find is that the writing goes well over the top with caricatural corporate settings up to cartoonish levels.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Fri, 26. Jan 24, 09:33

Bought both ENSHROUDED and PALWORLD ... Palworld I was surprised to find a refreshingly enjoyable adventure with adult overtones. My concern for Enshrouded during the demo period when trying to decide if it wanted to be a survival, puzzler or platform game in the end appeared graphically challenged and like some German (not Ego) software companies produced a dour game... Mind you I did find Starfield initially good so maybe not the best gaming critic. Waiting to see what STARMINER delivers.

KarlSten
xr

Post by KarlSten » Sat, 10. Feb 24, 00:25

Just played the demo of Synergy. I'm usually not a fan of city-builders but I really like the Moebius style graphics and the gameplay is also not bad.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 21. Feb 24, 16:20

Terminator Dark Fate Defiance just got released [on GOG]. :) Too bad it's still two 2 days until week-end :(

Spoiler
Show

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 24. Feb 24, 10:30

chew-ie wrote:
Wed, 21. Feb 24, 16:20
Terminator Dark Fate Defiance just got released [on GOG]. :) Too bad it's still two 2 days until week-end :(
The game is very fun and seems to have right vibes from many other games.

It has persistent force, like in Homeworld (I was quite suprised that all forces that I evacuated from the base progressed to the open world in same form and shape as in mission end).
It has RTS combat like Men of War / Call to Arms.
Open world like in Convoy, with logistic management, upgrades and perk system.
Whole guerrila warfare against Terminators, reminds me the old Operation Flashpoint: Resistance, like there you have to conserve your forces and loot/salvage all the equipment and supplies.
Campaign story offer branching/contradicting choices and with opposign side-factions.

I'm only after first open-world mission, but I already managed to salvage Abrams, Bradley and Styker, along of group of Movement volunteers.
The logistic is tough - like Abrams is powerhouse, but gulp fuel like a motherf*cker, so you have to decide if you use it, or if Bradley or Stryker will suffice.
If you take Abrams,more tough choices, taking fuel truck as well, or just sit Abrams back and use it only in decisive battle (coz you will definetly run out of fuel if you will ride it all over the battle map).

Graphic is decent and readable for an RTS, soudntrack is cool. The "Dark Fate" subtitle done dirty to the game, but the game itself feel much more like original Terminator timeline.
Basically, it's Terminator:Salvation, but with Legion instead of Skynet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Czz-TcWCkA

The only weak part is that Skirmish/MP has only 4 maps, but I for once I'm happy this has been sacrificed for deeper SP campaign experience, instead the other way around.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 24. Feb 24, 13:00

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 24. Feb 24, 10:30
chew-ie wrote:
Wed, 21. Feb 24, 16:20
The game is very fun and seems to have right vibes from many other games.
Yeah, I love it. I already played Termniator Resistance and the Terminator franchise really is awesome for postapoc games. Defiance just rocks - I love the combat atmosphere and the game mechanics (armor layers / vulnerable sides, repair system, fuel & ammo system). Also it's very nice we can field Bradleys against Terminators. Very satisfying.

The campaign so far is very nice - the 3rd faction unlocked in the campaign is well done so far. Skirmish indeed needs some work but is okay-ish. Devs already announced that they had to choose towards the release so co-op / skirmish didn't got all the things they wanted to have in there. Yet. :)

Spoiler
Show

Return to “Off Topic English”