Playing other games

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KarlSten
xr

Re: Playing other games

Post by KarlSten » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 17:36

Currently playing Fallout 4 for the first time and it's a typical Bethesda game: content as wide as an ocean and deep like a puddle. Don't expect an immersive RPG with good writing or you will be deeply disappointed.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 00:56

So Fallout London is not going to be released on April 23rd, this is due to Bethesda's upcoming update for Fallout 4 on April 25th, I was looking forward to London too, not so much Bethesda's update as I have zero confidence in anything Bethesda does nowadays. The team behind Fallout London are not announcing any new release date as their release relies on other mods outside their control, mainly F4SE which is a must for most Fallout 4 mods so we must wait some more time for the Fallout London release, but it could happen at any time after April 25th. This also mean if you play Fallout 4, and you use mods for the game like most do, your game will probably not work after April 25th till some mods are updated or even if they are updated, and seeing as last week believe it or not it was one of the top-selling games, so there are more than a few people playing the game right now.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 13:52

Playing Genesis: Alpha One and They Are Billions. Picked them both up cheaply on xbox. The first has you building a big factory ship to tinker with human genetics to seed the galaxy - lots of fun. TAB I have only just started - tower defence town building RTS. Frustrating, but I'm learning it. No tutorials or instructions.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 16:19

So the fallout patch has landed on steam, and it's 14.5 GB in size so it is a pretty fairly substantial patch, remember this is Bethesda, so expect it to be a buggy mess and don't be surprised if it makes the game unplayable.

KarlSten
xr

Post by KarlSten » Sat, 27. Apr 24, 18:30

According to this video the patch benefits the console versions more than the PC's. I guess Bethesda expects the mod-community to make their game fun again as always.

Dukman
x3tc

Post by Dukman » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 07:59

I had been an avid (rabid? Hmm, no. Not rabid) fan of Cyberpunk 2077. Even during the early release bad old days I still had a love for it, despite the issues. Nailed down several of the endings over the year or so.

But then Baldur's Gate III came out of Alpha and released, so I took an immediate dive into that. Fantastic game and I am looking forward to being able to dedicate some time in the future solely to that game. But then Stanfield dropped and I was gifted and early access to it. Not going to lie. I really did enjoy the game. I love a good space opera. But despite going NG+1 with the game... I realized that all I was doing was simply grinding and repeating. Which tends to be the case of all current Beth open world titles. Big areas, shallow content. So, basically burnt out on the Bethesda open world formula and needing a change.

Back to Cyberpunk. Update 2.0+ and the DLC gave me a game that was in some ways, fundamentally different. And way, way more challenging. So I dove headfirst back into Cyberpunk. But despite the refresh, It was still hitting the "been there, done that" box with me after my first (mostly complete) play through. So I started chasing the romance arcs, just to get them out of the way. And got bored again.

So now here i am at X4 which has been lurking on my wish list for a few years now, to be honest. But then, me being me. I.E. mercurial AF, I have decided to dive back into the beginnings of the X universe. Plan is to speed run the early games so I can hopefully get a handle on the lore of this universe.

And here I am. Gearing up for another dive into the X universe.

Alerion_V.X3
x3tc

Post by Alerion_V.X3 » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 14:27

Everspace 2 Incursion Update is now available. I think it's worth another visit.

It really is a good space action sim ;) Shoot'em Loot'em!! :D

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 14:32

For the record, it's also half price on both Steam and GOG at the moment.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 1. May 24, 17:05

If anyone is interested, F4SE has been updated, you can get it on nexus mods. So now the Fallout London folk can get their mod up, running and released now as that was what they were waiting for.

Okay my bad, I can't get it to work, so I don't know what is going on right now. :(

Return to “Off Topic English”