What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fiksal
x4

Re: What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Post by fiksal » Wed, 21. Aug 19, 20:39

Bishop149 wrote:
Wed, 21. Aug 19, 11:34
fiksal wrote:
Sun, 18. Aug 19, 20:49
Finishing Season 3 of Stranger Things.

On the Last episode... I am thinking they cant tie up loose ends... Here's to hoping I am wrong
Personally I thought the last episode was a distinct high point of a rather underwhelming season.
Sigh.

Yeah it was.

Why didnt they choose not to explain how the huge number of Russians with insane amount of equipment got into the middle of the US?
I was imagining a portal, but we were left with nothing.

The last season appears to be a combination of cool character moments with weakly held story. Disappointing.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 27. Aug 19, 15:46

Relentless:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj3ohsK9U-4

- darned good movie.. :)
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 27. Aug 19, 19:40

Don't know about currently watching, but I'm looking forward to watching His Dark Materials from the BBC/HBO coming out this Autumn/Fall.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Wed, 28. Aug 19, 12:26

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Sun, 28. Jul 19, 00:34
I just finished the first season of The Boys on Amazon Prime, and I can recommend it. Superheroes being corrupted by their celebrity status and marketed by a greedy corporation doing shady stuff on one side, and The Boys™ being led by Karl Urban who no longer want to accept that on the other. Has some references to DC and Marvel, and a bit of a Watchmen vibe.
Just getting in to this, and I add my recommendation. It's excellent.

Also I'm saving the following quote for the next time some MRA type starts talking about red pills.
Anyway, take the other pill, and quit being a c***.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 28. Aug 19, 20:56

Other half and I have just finished watching Mindhunters. We're definitely liking it - if you've not heard of it, it's a fictional history of the birth of the Behavioural Analysis Unit at the FBI. I've just watched the first two episodes of Peaky Blinders and am kinda wondering what all the fuss is about, though I had the same with Breaking Bad.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 28. Aug 19, 21:00

esd wrote:
Wed, 28. Aug 19, 20:56
Other half and I have just finished watching Mindhunters. We're definitely liking it - if you've not heard of it, it's a fictional history of the birth of the Behavioural Analysis Unit at the FBI. I've just watched the first two episodes of Peaky Blinders and am kinda wondering what all the fuss is about, though I had the same with Breaking Bad.
On Netflix? I've seen it on the front page, it it is the one you are talking about I am giving it a shot :)

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 28. Aug 19, 21:15

Yup, series 1&2 is on Netflix.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 29. Aug 19, 19:32

esd wrote:
Wed, 28. Aug 19, 21:15
Yup, series 1&2 is on Netflix.
Thanks for the tip. Season 1. I like it so far. It's good :)
Obviously all shows are made to be entertaining but most of the time it's the annoyance factor that kills it. And this show might not do much, it is calm, mysterious, slow, nothing earth-shattering but very good at what it is trying to accomplish :)

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Gavrushka
x4

temp

Post by Gavrushka » Fri, 30. Aug 19, 09:18

Oooh, Carnival Row releases today on Prime. - Gonna try and squeeze an episode in the gaps this weekend, if I can.

<Moved from Games to TV thread. Alan Phipps>
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Bishop149
x3

Re: temp

Post by Bishop149 » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 11:17

Gavrushka wrote:
Fri, 30. Aug 19, 09:18
Oooh, Carnival Row releases today on Prime. - Gonna try and squeeze an episode in the gaps this weekend, if I can.

<Moved from Games to TV thread. Alan Phipps>
Watched the first episode of this. . . . boy, does someone have a hard on for Shakespeare. :roll:
But it seems pretty decent, Olando Bloom is almost unrecognisable. . . . he appears to have learned how to act a bit.
Also as (at the risk of TMI) as someone who has a bit of a thing for both faeries and Cara Delevingne . . . I feel . . . ummmmm. . . . targeted.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 11:25

Ahaha, we share similar perversions, but best we keep them to ourselves... :P

It's the depth, the lack of squee flipswitch teen angst, that really grabbed me. So many times I've tried watching new speculative series only to find they're based more on overacting and overdramatic emotional content lumbering between polar extremes with each heartbeat. - Yeah, I see the dynamic between the two protags, but it works.

Also, Orlando Bloom is a B****rd. How could he do that to Cara with her pair of ferrets?
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 12. Sep 19, 17:10

"The Spy" on Netflix
The miniseries follows the true-life espionage exploits of an israeli spy in Syria, Eli Cohen, that made it to the highest ranks in Syrien government. Very good and intriguing. Highly recommended.

/l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 30. Sep 19, 00:49

I pretty quickly chewed my way through Peaky Blinders, just in time for the most recent series finalé on BBC... which I wasn't that impressed with, TBH.
Spoiler
Show
No real ending with Mosley, and the actual end made me think of The Sopranos.
Other half and I are just getting into Preacher. And oh, yes, The Good Place is back!

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Mon, 30. Sep 19, 03:56

Disenchanted on Netflix.

Season one starts a bit slow but thinks pick up by season 2. Worth a watch, may even like it

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Tue, 1. Oct 19, 15:31

Doctor Who and the Silurians https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6cwcrd
GA-7N400 PRO2
2x512MB PC3200 in dual channel
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Thu, 3. Oct 19, 16:21

doctor who inferno https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5uvz4r its like doctor who meets CARRY ON SCREAMING
GA-7N400 PRO2
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 3. Oct 19, 17:24

Just finished watching The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and it's pretty good. I think Jim henson would be pretty proud of it if he was still around to enjoy it. It is what he wanted to make in the first place, rather than the film after all.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 3. Oct 19, 18:05

felter wrote:
Thu, 3. Oct 19, 17:24
Just finished watching The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance and it's pretty good. I think Jim henson would be pretty proud of it if he was still around to enjoy it. It is what he wanted to make in the first place, rather than the film after all.
I started with the original first, then will move onto this one.

(I know it's a movie, but when you watch things by 20min chunks it takes time)

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 03:57

Super stoked! Can't wait for these three:

The Expanse Season 4
I especially love this trailer set to excerpts from JFK's speech about going to the moon. Very appropriate!

Star Trek: Discovery Season 3
I admit I was very iffy on Season 1, but they won me over with Season 2 so choo choo! hype train's commin!

and last but not least...
Star Trek: Picard
The appearances from the TNG cast and even Voyager... :D :D :D :D :D

I so can't wait!
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 20:21

danger will robinson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdwBMPKUV3E december 24
GA-7N400 PRO2
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

Return to “Off Topic English”