What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

greypanther
x3ap

Re: What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Post by greypanther » Wed, 22. Apr 20, 13:58

I am just about to start Season 4 of the Expanse on Amazon, which I have to say has been a bit of an eye opener: Why did I take so long to start watching Prime? :gruebel:
It is probably the best sci fi I can remember seeing, imo. It sort of reminds me of the series: Space, Above and Beyond, at least the way it feels, but a much higher budget and just better than that older one. It is a shame they did not continue with that though.

Prime is really good I am finding, just so much to watch, including Pickard, which made me get Prime, I am really glad I got it. Only problem is now that The Last Kingdom is about to start on Netflix, I guess I need to subscribe there too! Unless I wait and get the DVD, as I did with Season three.

Oh life is filled with such difficult decisions... :D
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 24. Apr 20, 22:20

A BBC "Horizon" special on the Hubble telescope, to celebrate the 30th anniversary of its launch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000hjpw

The images are... amazing :).
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

berth
x4

Post by berth » Fri, 24. Apr 20, 23:50

greypanther wrote:
Wed, 22. Apr 20, 13:58
I am just about to start Season 4 of the Expanse on Amazon, which I have to say has been a bit of an eye opener: Why did I take so long to start watching Prime? :gruebel:
It is probably the best sci fi I can remember seeing, imo. It sort of reminds me of the series: Space, Above and Beyond, at least the way it feels, but a much higher budget and just better than that older one. It is a shame they did not continue with that though.

Prime is really good I am finding, just so much to watch, including Pickard, which made me get Prime, I am really glad I got it. Only problem is now that The Last Kingdom is about to start on Netflix, I guess I need to subscribe there too! Unless I wait and get the DVD, as I did with Season three.

Oh life is filled with such difficult decisions... :D
If you like The Last Kingdom you should check out Vikings on Prime. Far superior imo, although I confess I lost interest by the end (which I haven't watched).

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 13:03

Charade (movie) via Amazon Prime (Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant), which is leading me on a mini Hepburn revival tour :P

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 13:26

I've started watching a Saturday afternoon film like the BBC used to in the 70's / 80's (usually followed by Playaway and the Adventure Game.)

Last week I watched "Rio Lobo" 1970 John Wayne and this week "Django" 1966 spaghetti western. Admittedly, the second one wouldn't have been on in the afternoon. Might try Cary Grant films or David Niven films next.
A flower?

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 15:48

I feel I'm reading more and watching less TV since this pandemic hit, but a couple of notable series have been a pleasure. - Just prior to the lockdown, I thoroughly enjoyed Locke and Key, and also *struggled* through series 2 of Westworld, going on to discover that series 3 was truly exceptional. - And I watched the opening episode of 'Emergence' too. - It's good, but the police chief comes across as too matronly. - She's a great actor, they all are pretty decent, but it just lessens immersivity.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 15:55

Gavrushka wrote:
Sun, 26. Apr 20, 15:48
immersivity.
Or immersion?

:P
I can't breathe.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 16:08

RegisterMe wrote:
Sun, 26. Apr 20, 15:55
Gavrushka wrote:
immersivity.
Or immersion?

Bloody city dwellers with their fancy talk...

But thank you for the public humiliation. :P

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 16:54

Gavrushka wrote:
Sun, 26. Apr 20, 16:08
RegisterMe wrote:
Sun, 26. Apr 20, 15:55
Gavrushka wrote:
immersivity.
Or immersion?

Bloody city dwellers with their fancy talk...

But thank you for the public humiliation. :P
I find it helps with the immersivity :lol:
I can't breathe.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Wed, 29. Apr 20, 16:55

berth wrote:
Fri, 24. Apr 20, 23:50
If you like The Last Kingdom you should check out Vikings on Prime. Far superior imo, although I confess I lost interest by the end (which I haven't watched).
Yes I have checked that thank you. :)
I have only watched season one so far, which is good, but I am not sure is better than The Last Kingdom, I may change my mind as I watch more.

I want more sci fi though if possible, which still seems to be lacking, except for the upcoming season 5 of The Expanse, which seems to be due at the end of the year. I also need to get a better look at Netflix, now that I have access there too. :)
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 2. May 20, 15:55

HBO is launching their new streaming service, HBO Max, towards the end of the month. In addition to everything HBO currently offers with its current streaming options, it's also going to include a huge library from Warner media including, the CW, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim, and more, and they've acquired the entire catalog of popular TV shows like South Park, Big Bang Theory, Friends, Dr. Who, Rick and Morty, and so forth. This service is being setup to be a direct competitor to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime video with original content aside from HBO broadcast productions. It's going to be the same price that HBO Now and the HBO channel on Amazon Video is set for.

I also know that Rooster Teeth, now owned by AT&T, some of their content is going to be exclusively available on HBO Max, like their new series, Gen: Lock. I watched the first season and it's pretty f'n incredible. I would not be surprised if Red Vs. Blue and RWBY makes it's way there too.

I'm kind of excited about this. I've been subscribed to HBO on Amazon for a couple of years. I'm definitely switching.

Oh and it's going to have all of the DC comics shows and movies as well.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Sat, 2. May 20, 21:23

Watched Minority Report last night, and forgot just what a good film it is (watched on Sky,) but also watched episode one of Noughts and Crosses on BBC iPlayer. - It's very good, but there is a necessary embedded social commentary, although woven so well into a very good story, the narrative didn't overwhelm it.

Thinking of letting Netflix subscription drop for a while as I can't think of anything I really feel the urge to watch on there.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sun, 3. May 20, 01:58

Hustle the UK show that is similar to Leverage has been added to tubi tv free with ads.

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Sun, 3. May 20, 17:50

I have been watching twenty four day one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNO_QWv_dZ8 watching it in hd for the first time what a great show still good after all this time
GA-7N400 PRO2
2x512MB PC3200 in dual channel
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sun, 3. May 20, 21:29

Watching Escape to the Chateau DIY on catchup TV (more 4?).

... want to buy a chateau so i can go bankrupt while realising how utterly inept I am at DIY. But it'd be moderately enjoyable (mainly due to lack of actual hard work - hence bankruptcy).

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Mon, 4. May 20, 16:28

May the 4th Be With You! all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq9WFnNzy-g
GA-7N400 PRO2
2x512MB PC3200 in dual channel
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 6. May 20, 18:29

We watched Future Mans final season, also watched 404. Currently watching The Expanse again, this time with The Boy, and Spongebob with The Girl when she has the insomnia.

Brassic was good - missus & I will be watching new series tomorrow, but we've been watching Innocence on Netflix.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 6. May 20, 18:45

Maybe slightly off topic but anyone here understand how the Amazon Prime video work in term of selecting what tittles available to you? It seems the availability keep switching around from day to day. For example Starship Trooper was not available (as free stream), then about 2 months I saw it available for free stream, than it becomes rent only again and this happens to a lot of tittles. The TV-series availability seem to remain fix, but movies seem to get shuffled around every week.
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 6. May 20, 18:55

Mightysword wrote:
Wed, 6. May 20, 18:45
Maybe slightly off topic but anyone here understand how the Amazon Prime video work in term of selecting what tittles available to you? It seems the availability keep switching around from day to day. For example Starship Trooper was not available (as free stream), then about 2 months I saw it available for free stream, than it becomes rent only again and this happens to a lot of tittles. The TV-series availability seem to remain fix, but movies seem to get shuffled around every week.
Amazon content might be switching due to apps (redirecting?) and the region where your account is registered (are all the devices on the same regions account?)? Maybe you have a dns service that only works for certain devices? Region changer?

IMDB tv free with ads channel on prime video might have had the free movie. Titles mostly change at the end of the month. Starship troopers is currently free with ads on prime video via imdb tv.

If you are talking about region changing you have to activate your region changer and enter into prime video through the appropriate countries prime video website.

You can use justwatch to search for free with ads stuff in your country.

Starship Troopers is available on ctv Canada free with ads that I think you can block.

https://www.ctv.ca/Movies/Action

It's also partly available on various platforms free with ads in the US.

https://www.justwatch.com/us/search?q=starship

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 6. May 20, 20:16

Just finished season 3 of The Expanse, will probably see season 4 later this week. And just for the hell of it I noticed Amazon Prime has Battle Beyond the Stars on, so I've got that going in the background now--been a long time since I've seen that!

Return to “Off Topic English”