What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Re: What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Sun, 9. Feb 20, 10:56

The final season of HomeLand has started https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eLT82JYsP4
GA-7N400 PRO2
2x512MB PC3200 in dual channel
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 10. Feb 20, 10:11

Ronald Sandoval wrote:
Sun, 9. Feb 20, 10:56
The final season of HomeLand has started https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eLT82JYsP4
Thanks for the heads-up, I now realize I have missed season 7 completely. :gruebel:

MFG

Ketraar

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 10. Feb 20, 15:18

Tamina wrote:
Sat, 8. Feb 20, 19:51
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 6. Feb 20, 19:40
Tamina wrote:
Thu, 6. Feb 20, 19:36
Can you recommend any good anime you would say works for non-anime lovers?
Volume 1 and 2 of Sword Art Online, I really enjoyed those.
We are at the end of the first chapter (Volume I, Episode 14) and I have to admit it was quite enjoyable :D I think we have a winner right here :D
At first, I was worried when in episode 1 the typical anime tropes started popping up, already.* And when the younger probably underaged sibling erotic tension started happening in Episode 4 - Japanese people have a serious serious problem. However, I cared a lot for this girl and also for the rest of the cast, so I was kind of hooked to the storyline. The ever changing character sets and environments even within one episode alone keeps the show interesting. It has an ending as well. :D

Thank you. :)

* This would make a great drinking game. :)
lol you're very welcome. Just a warning about volume 2. I'll try to be vague as possible without spoiling but there was a thing that almost made me stop watching it.
Spoiler
Show
The antagonist gets really really creepy, like, should be on "to catch a predator" creepy.
. I suffered through it and still enjoyed it, however!

I haven't followed up on it in a while, but I believe a volume 3 is in the works.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Wed, 12. Feb 20, 02:33

Sword Art Online is really the only decent anime I would recommend for people less familiar with anime. I'm nearing 8000 episodes watched (University and post-graduation unemployment ftw?) going by my MAL profile (see sig), so can say with some confidence that the vast majority of anime is total trash.
There are the classics, like Neon Genesis Evangellion, Steins;Gate and Clannad+After Story which nothing comes close to, while 95% of anime shows reuse the same tropes and twists, like the studios throw up some labels into the air with tropes written on them and just make a show out of whatever lands face up, disguising lack of narrative quality with cute art instead.

Not sure if any of these are on Netflix, but I'd recommend anything rated 10 on my MAL list, then if you've still not had enough, go for the 9s: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Sorat ... 4&order2=0

I finally signed up to Netflix recently, and watched season 1 and 2 of 'Dark' (not anime), which is a pretty good if not slightly hard to follow sci-fi. About to start 'The OA' next.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Wed, 12. Feb 20, 14:24

Tamina wrote:
Sat, 8. Feb 20, 19:51
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 6. Feb 20, 19:40
Tamina wrote:
Thu, 6. Feb 20, 19:36
Can you recommend any good anime you would say works for non-anime lovers?
Volume 1 and 2 of Sword Art Online, I really enjoyed those.
We are at the end of the first chapter (Volume I, Episode 14) and I have to admit it was quite enjoyable :D I think we have a winner right here :D
At first, I was worried when in episode 1 the typical anime tropes started popping up, already.* And when the younger probably underaged sibling erotic tension started happening in Episode 4 - Japanese people have a serious serious problem. However, I cared a lot for this girl and also for the rest of the cast, so I was kind of hooked to the storyline. The ever changing character sets and environments even within one episode alone keeps the show interesting. It has an ending as well. :D

Thank you. :)

* This would make a great drinking game. :)
I can't believe I completely forgot... watch RWBY. The first few volumes are up on Netflix and Amazon. That's another anime I would highly recommend. There may be others, but this is the only one that I'm aware of that's produced in the US. There's another new one that Rooster Teeth is producing, Gen: Lock. Also really good. You would have to catch season 1 on Youtube, for now. Season 2 is going to air exclusively on HBO's new on demand service they're rolling out this year, I think.
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Wed, 12. Feb 20, 15:58

Venture Bros.

Having hard time buying it all digitally. Where's even season 6?.... Maybe it's time to buy DVDs.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 12. Feb 20, 21:23

Just finished Orphan Black, which is good. Started the new series of Van Helsing... not sure about it yet.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Thu, 27. Feb 20, 18:00

Season 2 of Altered Carbon is up on the Netflix! I'm gonna try to binge it this weekend.
rebellionpac.com

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Thu, 27. Feb 20, 22:39

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 27. Feb 20, 18:00
Season 2 of Altered Carbon is up on the Netflix! I'm gonna try to binge it this weekend.
Just watching the first season again, so I can remember what was going on.
A flower?

berth
x4

Post by berth » Thu, 27. Feb 20, 22:48

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Thu, 27. Feb 20, 18:00
Just watched the first episode and I liked it. Season 1 is a tough act to follow but initial indications are good .
I prefer not to binge stuff I enjoy but each to their own :)

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 06:41

Freejack (1992) on Crackle (US region locked) - It's mainly set in 2009 - emilio estevez, Mick Jagar, Rene Russo

Knights of Badassdom - Vudu free with ads, Tubi tv free withs ads (both US region locked) - Steve Zhan, Summer Glau, Peter Dinklage

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 20:25

Nearly done with Altered Carbon... Enjoying it, even if I've predicted everything so far :D

Also found a show on Netflix called "Glitch" - a bunch of apparently unrelated people climb out of there graves, in perfect health. Some died recently, others over a hundred years previously. It's quite good.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Fri, 6. Mar 20, 17:38

season 3 of Castlevania is up on Netflix. If you haven't seen the series, it's anime style is very similar to Full Metal Alchemist, and the story tone is very dark.
rebellionpac.com

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Sat, 7. Mar 20, 16:44

Lost in Space on Netflix

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Mon, 9. Mar 20, 23:46

fiksal wrote:
Sat, 7. Mar 20, 16:44
Lost in Space on Netflix
It looks like one more season then it's done.

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/ ... 1367652355

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 15:36

esd wrote:
Thu, 5. Mar 20, 20:25
Nearly done with Altered Carbon... Enjoying it, even if I've predicted everything so far :D
Not quite as good as the first season, had a slightly different tone.
A flower?

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 16:43

New West World season on HBO starts this weekend, I believe.
rebellionpac.com

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 10. Mar 20, 17:25

burger1 wrote:
Mon, 9. Mar 20, 23:46
fiksal wrote:
Sat, 7. Mar 20, 16:44
Lost in Space on Netflix
It looks like one more season then it's done.

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/ ... 1367652355
yes indeed. I dont hate it, necessarily, I think the constant sense of danger in each episode could get tiring for me after three seasons. I do enjoy it though! It's a nice family action sci fi.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Wed, 11. Mar 20, 01:41

Not quite so much what I'm watching now but what I will certainly be watching soon.
KONOSUBA -God's blessing on this wonderful world!- Legend of Crimson is coming to Crunchyroll on March 25th, that's only two weeks from today, that's the Japanese version, if you don't like subs the English version will be released on Crunchyroll in April. If you can't wait of course you can always rewatch the first 2 seasons on Crunchyroll while you wait.

Bad news, Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World season 2 which was suppose to start airing in April has been postponed till July, this is due to effects from the Coronavirus.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Fri, 13. Mar 20, 19:31

Not even sure this is real? A Red Dwarf 1.5 hour movie special. Red Dwarf: The Promised Land Releasing in the summer of 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkVOYnV ... e=emb_logo

Return to “Off Topic English”