What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Re: What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Post by Tamina » Fri, 5. Jul 19, 18:49

Stranger Things Season 3 started yesterday.
BugMeister wrote:
Fri, 5. Jul 19, 10:39
Hey, this is ace stuff - Jerry Seinfeld and Mr Obama:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cOLF9k6FAw

- could you imagine Donnie the Wonder Dog doing this.. :lol:
Is this a nickname for Donald Trump? Then yes I can very much imagine him doing that, sadly I can.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Mon, 8. Jul 19, 21:10

Leverage tv series. It's kind of a light quirky show. It's free to watch on imdb tv which is on Prime Video and doesn't require a Prime sub to watch. Imdb tv has it's own free with ads website.

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 22:16

Took my nephew to the Imax theatre for Apollo 11 First steps, boy that sure was a great experience, nephew was totally impressed too.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmzKBk2 ... e=youtu.be

Basicly they found a bunch of film they didn't know they had, stuck it all together, added a little music for suspense, et voilá. Great stuff.
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Wed, 17. Jul 19, 08:48

just watched the first episode of this new show PANDORA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz69PQZc6zw
GA-7N400 PRO2
2x512MB PC3200 in dual channel
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Wed, 17. Jul 19, 17:25

Coming to the end of S3 of Jessica Jones, which is almost certainly also gonna be the last Netflix Marvel series.
I've enjoyed it, far better than S2 was but still not as good a S1.

Started Stranger Things S3. . . . it seems to be trying to do something a bit different plotwise this time, I'm not convinced it's going to work.
Still loving ALL the characterisation though.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 20. Jul 19, 01:52

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSqi-8kAMmM

(Credit to Antilogic, who doesn't post here much any more)
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Sat, 20. Jul 19, 23:32

New trailer for Star Trek Picard,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhBBXHwEsIo

As it stands it looks like something i might enjoy, looking forward to it.
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 10:27

Been watching Love Death and Robots on Netflix, almost half way through. Particularly liked Suits and Three Robots.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 11:22

Watched The Expanse Season 4 Teaser and Trailer man am I exited for some good SciFi, just need to figure out how that Amozon Prime thing works since I dont have it. :-|

MFG

Ketraar

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 11:28

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 23. Jul 19, 11:22
Watched The Expanse Season 4 Teaser and Trailer man am I exited for some good SciFi, just need to figure out how that Amozon Prime thing works since I dont have it. :-|
You pay a lump sum each year (it's about £70 for me, not sure what it is in your country) which gets you full access to all Amazon Prime videos, free delivery on many (although not all) products for sale on Amazon, a music streaming service, and a freebie Twitch subscription you can throw the way of any streamers you might happen to watch on that platform. Pretty darned good value all round, IMHO.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 11:53

I see but I dont order stuff from amazon (there is no dedicated site for my country) and dont really watch twitch anymore (only watched TB's shoutcraft turnaments on it). I come across an add for Primevideo, I assume thats the same and that would be 3€ a month (6€ after 6 month) and looks similar to a HBO type thing. Just hope they have a decent app (unlike HBO which I canceled due to having sound lags a lot, only got it for GoT anyway). If its something like that I'm happy as I would not want to miss on the current best SciFi fix. :-)

MFG

Ketraar

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 12:26

Start to watch "The Rook" and also "Pennyworth". Both seem to be interesting.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 12:46

expanse out in december thats a long wait The thing with prime is they offer free months all the time if you was to make a small order in early december you would most likely get free month offer
GA-7N400 PRO2
2x512MB PC3200 in dual channel
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 14:36

Ronald Sandoval wrote:
Tue, 23. Jul 19, 12:46
expanse out in december thats a long wait
That's good for me, I haven't got around to watching season 3 yet!

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Tue, 23. Jul 19, 23:36

Ketraar wrote:
Tue, 23. Jul 19, 11:53
If its something like that I'm happy as I would not want to miss on the current best SciFi fix. :-)
I've had prime for about 5 years I think? I won't cancel it, though for a time i felt it wasn't the best value (Netflix isn't far off the same cost - I don't have netflix). Then I started trying various series (including RWBY when i stumbled on it) and since I don't have a TV license or TV, it's my main method of entertainment (other than Youtube - and games of course). Using it a heck of a lot more these days, hence why happy with it for the price. Also, I buy a fair amount of oddities.

But rather than take the plunge, try it for free? There's a 30 day free trial - just be sure to cancel if its not your cup of tea. If unsure, wait until all episodes are on for whatever you want so you can watch the entire thing in that 30 days...

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 25. Jul 19, 02:28

It looks like they are making a new hitchhikers guide to the galaxy tv series for hulu.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/the-hitchh ... 202652440/

The Orville season 3 will be on hulu not fox so maybe it will require a hulu subscription or not?

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/the-or ... 203274526/

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 25. Jul 19, 10:22

Another Life on netflix. An alien ship/device lands on earth, gathers and transmits data and a crew is sent into space to find it's origin and why it was sent. Katee Sackhoff from Battle Star Galactica is the star of the show.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 25. Jul 19, 11:37

burger1 wrote:
Thu, 25. Jul 19, 10:22
Another Life on netflix. An alien ship/device lands on earth, gathers and transmits data and a crew is sent into space to find it's origin and why it was sent. Katee Sackhoff from Battle Star Galactica is the star of the show.
Ah, hell yes! I saw the trailer a while back, and forgot it's now been released. I've just finished bingewatching Angel episodes (binge took me 5 months. I'm rubbish at bingewatching) and had been grumping about what to watch next across Netflix, Prime & Sky. Will watch an episode tonight. Thank you!
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Thu, 25. Jul 19, 12:40

UK Amazon prime seems to have had a lot of 'old' series added, Elementary, NCIS, House, Justified and a few others.
A flower?

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Thu, 25. Jul 19, 21:31

Abandoned 'Another Life' after 25 minutes. Dreadfully shallow characters and totally lacking in subtlety. A total and utter crock, and it's a shame because the premise was a good one. Just another angst ridden soap opera, this one with a sci-fi backdrop.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Return to “Off Topic English”