What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vertigo 7
x4

Re: What are you watching now ? Movies and TV

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 7. Oct 19, 21:01

Ronald Sandoval wrote:
Mon, 7. Oct 19, 20:21
danger will robinson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdwBMPKUV3E december 24
yaaaaasss!!! finally a release date!
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 03:17

A new free to watch star trek discovery short is up on ctv/space might be Canada region locked.

https://www.ctvscifi.ca/show/star-trek- ... a/1795542/

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 21. Oct 19, 20:46

Dave Gorman "Terms and Conditions Apply" starts tonight!
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Wed, 23. Oct 19, 21:54

esd wrote:
Mon, 21. Oct 19, 20:46
Dave Gorman "Terms and Conditions Apply" starts tonight!
Just watched that on catch-up. At least I now know what I can use to blow birthday candles out.
A flower?

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 24. Oct 19, 12:29

Started watching Marianne, a french horror series on Netflix that I'd heard good things about and is very much my wife's jam.
Its seem like it might be good but. . . . .

It has a serious issue, the subtitling is BAD.
I speak enough French to be VERY aware that not everything being said is being translated into the subs but not enough to be able to fully fill in those blanks.
Even without any French at all it would frequently be very obvious that the subtitles are failing, sentence fragments left hanging that don't make any sense, a character clearly and says something in isolation and nothing comes up etc, character rattles of what is clearly several sentences and only one short one comes up.
It would be irritating by tolerable if I felt the gist of the speech was at least still coming over, but I often feel like I'm actually missing key plot points. Not sure I'm gonna be able to hack it.

I'm left wondering how all these people that recommended it to me watched it? All French speakers? Is it dubbed? Is that or the subs in other languages better than the English ones?
Personally I can't watched dubbed stuff, it always sounds dreadful and triggers something similar to the uncanny valley in my brain.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Thu, 24. Oct 19, 20:45

Finishing the 3rd season of Versailles tonight. Really enjoyed the first two, the third feels a bit rushed yet without substance? Still entertaining.
Looking forward to last season of Vikings and finally watching the latest RWBY

berth
x4

Post by berth » Fri, 1. Nov 19, 23:42

Just finished season 2 of Westworld. I liked it a lot but I reckon it needs another viewing to try to figure out whether it actually makes any sense. Looks great, brilliantly acted. Looking forward to the next season. Trailer here. Massive spoilers if you are not up to speed.

Also watched first episode of "Dark", a German supernatural/sci-fi thriller thing. Not sure, will give it another episode or two.

Other than that, enjoying Mindhunter (season 2) and still chewing through the Voyager & DS9 backlog :)

Also looking forward to the BBC/HBO treatment of His Dark Materials.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 7. Nov 19, 12:57

berth wrote:
Fri, 1. Nov 19, 23:42
Also watched first episode of "Dark", a German supernatural/sci-fi thriller thing. Not sure, will give it another episode or two.
Dark is pretty good.
Often requires you pay attention though, not one to half-watch whilst doing something else.
Haven't seen the second series and I'm wondering if I need to rewatch the first before I do to keep track. . . .
That kinda show.

I'm watching Avatar: The Last Airbender.
No, I haven't seen it before.
Yes, I'm aware I need to hand in my geek card immediately.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Thu, 7. Nov 19, 15:21

Bishop149 wrote:
Thu, 7. Nov 19, 12:57
Haven't seen the second series and I'm wondering if I need to rewatch the first before I do to keep track. . . .
Bishop149 wrote:
Thu, 7. Nov 19, 12:57
Dark is pretty good.
Often requires you pay attention though, not one to half-watch whilst doing something else.
You answered your own question. :D It is kind of mandatory to watch the first season again. Of course, each to their own.
The second season is great, maybe even better, and way more confusing then the first one. Yet they managed to keep the plot logical.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

berth
x4

Post by berth » Thu, 7. Nov 19, 20:12

Tbh, you could say the same about Westworld.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Thu, 7. Nov 19, 21:07

Just finished Jack Ryan S2. It was meh. Made me wonder if the Venezuela has any air defence at all...

Am up to date on Watchmen, which is just now starting to get interesting.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Sat, 9. Nov 19, 22:54

Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance.

And I am in bits.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 9. Nov 19, 23:13

The Game Changers on Netflix.
Presented by James Cameron, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jackie Chan, Lewis Hamilton, Novak Djokovic and Chris Paul — a revolutionary new film about meat, protein and strength.

The film starts with James Wilks - elite Special Forces trainer and The Ultimate Fighter winner - recovering from an injury and researching the best ways to speed up recovery. To his surprise, he discovers that the Roman gladiators were vegetarian, which challenges his deeply held beliefs about masculinity, athletic ability and virility.

He then goes on to meet several inspirational world-class athletes, including Olympic cycling medallist Dotsie Bausch, ultramarathoner Scott Jurek, UFC fighter Nate Diaz, and American footballer Derrick Morgan, who have all had astonishing achievements after adopting a plant-based diet.

Very well done. Worth a watch if you've been living in a closet and still think a healthy diet must contain meat.

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Tue, 12. Nov 19, 19:43

I ha just watched episode one of the Mandalorian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC8E8z_ifw the show is most impressive and it is going to be good
Spoiler
Show
and yoda at the end as a baby
GA-7N400 PRO2
2x512MB PC3200 in dual channel
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 12. Nov 19, 21:11

Ronald Sandoval wrote:
Tue, 12. Nov 19, 19:43
Spoiler
Show
What? Isnt it set after the fall of the empire? :gruebel:
Now I'm curious, darn it!

MFG

Ketraar

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 13. Nov 19, 23:39

Ronald Sandoval wrote:
Tue, 12. Nov 19, 19:43
I ha just watched episode one of the Mandalorian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC8E8z_ifw the show is most impressive and it is going to be good
Spoiler
Show

Episode had some quirky content. It wasn't super but it definitely wasn't bad. The show has dark lighting or something. Episode 2 will be released on Nov 15, 2019.

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Mon, 18. Nov 19, 10:12

Last night i watched the new BBC drama series War of the Worlds with Robert Carlyle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-yas0yPbLU not sure if i like it or not yet !!
GA-7N400 PRO2
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 20. Nov 19, 15:19

Started the Neflix TV series Dark and like it. So if you're up for some unusual time-travelling adventure with some twists then this may be something for you.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Thu, 21. Nov 19, 16:59

Ronald Sandoval wrote:
Mon, 18. Nov 19, 10:12
Last night i watched the new BBC drama series War of the Worlds with Robert Carlyle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-yas0yPbLU not sure if i like it or not yet !!
Watched the first episode last night, I'm not sure about it either. I'm not sure why they have to 'reimagine' everything. I thought it was going to be the same story from a different perspective, but they seem to be changing story elements.
A flower?

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Thu, 21. Nov 19, 17:30

OK so i have never read the original book by H. G. Wells so i don't know how that story goes it was my assumption that this was close to the original story
GA-7N400 PRO2
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

Return to “Off Topic English”