No Man's Sky Next.

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 10:40

birdtable wrote:A bit of advice needed ....
Finally found a planet worth building a proper base on with two landing pads. (the pad blueprint sure took some time to appear)
Is there any way to snap/walkway for a landing pad .... ? or is there always a gap of some sort..?
Any tips on how to line up pad with building .... a bit fussy I know but I hate anything not aligned correctly.
As the player always exits their craft on the right hand side, it is very easy to land on the rails of any connecting path. I rotated my landing pad 90° to the base and walked.

The attached image is pre-NEXT, hence the rather bland scenery, but it should give you the idea, as you can see how it attaches it's self.
This base got corrupted when being recalled in to NEXT. The hauler is a Class A (48-8).

My current game is on hold as I have a problem with my discoveries not being recorded, awaiting a fix.
Last edited by Terre on Sat, 1. Sep 18, 16:46, edited 3 times in total.
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 12:07

@Terre .... Why is it when you ask for advice the solution follows after a nights sleep,, can now do perfect placement of connected landing pads...stand on the roof of a glass topped corridor and look down.
Must admit .. no bugs yet ,, well one.. the guy who gives the exocraft blueprints ends with a mission to retrieve data using exocraft but the objective was so far away I failed the timing,, was given another shot at the mission but no marker appeared.
Have done all missions requested .. Polo and Atlas to finish off... just on 100hrs...a bit addictive....thank god I am retired.. :)

Can see no attached image..

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 13:51

birdtable wrote:Can see no attached image..
Lets try again.

https://forum.egosoft.com/files/275850_ ... _1_139.jpg
Attachments
275850_20180213220945_1.jpg
(1.38 MiB) Not downloaded yet

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 2. Sep 18, 07:43

What a difference on landscapes between Original and Next,, finally got an S class 34 slot Freighter.. took 6 hrs of repeated freighter defence and that was after searching for the right class and colour in a star system ..... the amount of free gameplay involved in doing missions, scanning, trading, mining to get the finance, then the hunt for one seems a no brainer for game design... That is RNG producing great adventures...... Now to find the right Exotic, Explorer, Fighter, Shuttle, Hauler or multitool,,, different shapes, colours and cargo slots without the classes A, B, C or S.

@Terre .. Hope you get the bug fix soon..

:)

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Fri, 7. Sep 18, 09:55

Patch 1.58 appears to have fixed a lot of things for people with older/larger game saves.

The plants and animals I scanned yesterday all remained on the data base. I flew to a planet which had lost all of it's records and as soon as I touched down they updated, I think I'll pass on working my way back through all 294 systems of my journey.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 9. Sep 18, 07:36

A quandary ... Finished the purge, had a choice of 4 universe resets, chose Ancestral... ended up in Budullangr with damaged ship, multitool etc, as is normal for game.
Do I stay in Euclid (hard save) or do I adventure on.... ?..mmmmmm !!!

Squids are over rated ... :)

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Thu, 20. Sep 18, 21:20

Every thing appears Ok after 1.6 ... although I did start afresh after 1.85 so no issues with my newly gained but untouched freighter ( no S class this time ) ,, just got an S class Shuttle 28+8 .. more than coping with storage after realising I don't need to carry the kitchen sink where ever I go.... no rush to the centre this time.. in fact just 4 systems keeping me busy.

Edit .... £ 15.99 on Humble Bundle ....

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Fri, 21. Sep 18, 09:54

I've yet to bother completing the main campaign.
This game is starting to make something of itself.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 23. Sep 18, 08:02

I rushed the main campaign to no real satisfactory conclusion, missed so much. This time far more enjoyable, only downside being the lack of nanites from discoveries but more selective in ship purchase and upgrades.. a shuttle and a freighter.

Just enjoying the experience... :)

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: No Man's Sky Next.

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 14:11

Sounds like how my game's been going recently.
Did the Purge, made the jump to a new galaxy (Budullangr) & since then the mission objective has simply been an explicit "enjoy the journey", so that's what I've been doing.
Have been exploring the planets in far more detail than before. Have only left my starting system twice since arrival (about a week ago), once to obtain rare resources needed for post-Purge repairs & 2nd time to complete some highly lucrative delivery missions - 3 of them, all to the same system, all paying in nanites.

Have an insatiable need for nanites. A while ago picked up a decent ship (class A fighter with 38+12 slots), with the randomly generated name "The Dance of the Stars". Decided with a name like that it really needed to be a little bit more manoeuverable. Spent a fortune on pulse engine upgrades (guess at least around 10-15k nanites to date) & so far got the manoeuverability up to 703 - still room for further improvment (some of the upgrades are still in single digits for manoeuverability), but it's a work in progress.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Mon, 8. Oct 18, 04:36

I also ran across a 38-12 A class fighter and have developed a similar dependency on the nanite clusters.

It's made worse by the fact that I read somewhere that if you put three of a thing in a tech slot you can put another three of the same thing in a regular slot without overloading the power. So that means the ship can have 4 sets of six S class upgrades. I went for Pulse Engine, Shields, Phase Beam and Photon Cannon.

I haven't checked what the manoeuvrability of the ship is but with 6 S class pulse engine upgrades her non pulse speed is now quite fast.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 22:31

Filled my tech slots with Pulse Engine (manoeuverability now up to 718.6), Shields, Hyperdrive (range is now a slightly ludicrous 1464 light years & uses barely any fuel to get there) & Infra-Knife Accelerator upgrades. Very fond of the IKA - exceptionally fast rate of fire & high damage output. Tiny bullets though, so need to be fairly accurate and/or very close to land hits with it.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 08:14

Finally found a planet to place main base on ( started this game over 3 weeks ago) ... Has deep ocean easy access (just in case) plus fish that look like fish and a shark like creature that is attracted to the smell of blood, a beautiful night sky and part of a five planet system...... just starting to build the spine for everything to slot on.
My fighter "Cricket Bat" has upgraded pulse, shields and positron ejectors hence the name.... A C class hauler resides on the freighter being used as a chemistry bench.... plus a small freighter based farm producing acid.
As GCU Grey Area mentioned the best, most profitable and enjoyable way to explore is definitely on foot ..

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 10:00

On my last amble I found a grave with a glyph, my walk was marked by a trail of dead hostile wildlife.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 20:25

Well finally joined the online community .... needed trees, the only way to get trees was with quicksilver and that was only available in a community event.... logged on, grabbed a quick 2000 quicksilver ,, got trees and logged off..... surprising seeing all those glowing orbs .. Extremely smooth and bug free.... Only bug I have had was no frigate fuel blueprint but that appeared when I examined fleet in main control room.... Oh and no stairs that fit in cuboid rooms... :)

Return to “Off Topic English”