So Other than GamerGate, Brexit, and Trump What's New?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aye Capn
x3tc

So Other than GamerGate, Brexit, and Trump What's New?

Post by Aye Capn » Tue, 4. Sep 18, 21:04

Yes it's been so long since I've been on GamerGate didn't exist yet.

EgoSoft was spared the lash of Social Justice for poor Saya Kho's spacesuit thanks to the massive wave of anti-SJW GamerGaters rebelling against a new Moral Majority rising up to wag the sanctimonious finger and preach about sin, this time in secular academic jargon rather than religious scripture.

Some of you might know it was your very own and very British Carl "Sargon of Akkad" Benjamin who more-or-less become the voice of the resistance. Judging by how the SJWs got hooted off of Steam a few months ago when they demanded censorship I'd say the GamerGaters won, but perhaps the Sarkeesians and TrigglyPuffs are merely biding their time until they can grab some lever of power and have their revenge.

Brexit actually happened! I remember just talking about it as a theoretical possibility, that you should evaluate your membership in the EU on a cost/benefit basis rather than out of some misguided sense of higher patriotism toward unelected bureaucrats in Brussels, but you actually did it.

I was believe it or not neutral back in the day, although I was perceived as anti-EU. That neutrality was based on the idea that Americans shouldn't intercede in affairs of British sovereignty -- but of course being for British sovereignty at all is implicitly anti-EU, so the perception couldn't be helped. Now that you've chosen Brexit I wish an independent and free Britain all the success in the world.

Trump was a reality show host back then, and no one even imagined he might run for President, never mind be President. I wanted Fiorina after Rand Paul gaffed himself out of the running, but Trump shockingly seems to have worked out all right. He certainly blew away my expectations, but those were set quite low.

I guess the only thing that hasn't radically changed since, what, 2013? is the specter of Sharia, which continues to descend on Europe as the noose of censorship in the name of "tolerance" tightens around your necks a little more every day. It's the same old story a few more pages in.

To those of you who remember me hello again! The policy of not being on forums of games I'm not actively playing causes these long delays, but you can only stomach me for so long anyway, so it all works out ...

felter
xr

Re: So Other than GamerGate, Brexit, and Trump What's New?

Post by felter » Tue, 4. Sep 18, 21:29

Aye Capn wrote: Trump was a reality show host back then
He still is and it's probably the funniest reality show ever. :twisted:
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Tue, 4. Sep 18, 21:30

So, wait a sec, which game are you playing then? :)

Aye Capn
x3tc

Post by Aye Capn » Tue, 4. Sep 18, 22:10

Re: Trump: I haven't stopped laughing since Election Night. The frothing madness of his opponents is even funnier.

@Chips:
The one with the Skunk.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 4. Sep 18, 23:02

Aye Capn wrote:...but Trump shockingly seems to have worked out all right...
The recreational pharmaceuticals you have access to are much better than the ones I have access to... :)
... is the specter of Sharia, which continues to descend on Europe..
This is called "Politically Manufactured Fear." I do agree that is something to be worried about, but I don't think Europe is going to experience Jihad or institutionalized Sharia law.
...as the noose of censorship in the name of "tolerance"...
Yes, tolerance is certainly a terrible thing. There are times when it is particularly troublesome.
To those of you who remember me hello again! The policy of not being on forums of games I'm not actively playing causes these long delays, but you can only stomach me for so long anyway, so it all works out ...
So, what games are you enjoying? Looking forward to X4?

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 4. Sep 18, 23:10

you mean besides :
some losers harassing women;
possibly wrong decision (but not for me to judge);
and a bigot?

besides that life goes on :roll:

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 4. Sep 18, 23:47

Aye Capn, welcome back :). We used to have a decent meld of agreement and disagreement spiced with some "oh, hadn't looked at it that way" sauce. Not sure that's going to be able to stand its ground, but welcome back anyway, even when we sparred I enjoyed it and learnt something :).
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Aye Capn
x3tc

Post by Aye Capn » Wed, 5. Sep 18, 16:30

@Mork: Low expectations as recreational drug? Interesting theory.

@fiksal: check the record of who harassed whom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vyvv7P6Ldo

@Reg: I'm glad you remember me fondly. The feeling is mutual! Still over-stressed, overworked, and overpaid?

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Wed, 5. Sep 18, 17:38

Aye Capn wrote: @fiksal: check the record of who harassed whom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vyvv7P6Ldo
Oh I remember who, though I dont remember names specifically. Except for Felicia Day.

Still, kinda old news? Gamergaters fizzled away

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Wed, 5. Sep 18, 21:13

Aye Capn wrote:Yes it's been so long since I've been on GamerGate didn't exist yet.

EgoSoft was spared the lash of Social Justice for poor Saya Kho's spacesuit thanks to the massive wave of anti-SJW GamerGaters rebelling against a new Moral Majority rising up to wag the sanctimonious finger and preach about sin, this time in secular academic jargon rather than religious scripture.

Some of you might know it was your very own and very British Carl "Sargon of Akkad" Benjamin who more-or-less become the voice of the resistance. Judging by how the SJWs got hooted off of Steam a few months ago when they demanded censorship I'd say the GamerGaters won, but perhaps the Sarkeesians and TrigglyPuffs are merely biding their time until they can grab some lever of power and have their revenge.

Brexit actually happened! I remember just talking about it as a theoretical possibility, that you should evaluate your membership in the EU on a cost/benefit basis rather than out of some misguided sense of higher patriotism toward unelected bureaucrats in Brussels, but you actually did it.

I was believe it or not neutral back in the day, although I was perceived as anti-EU. That neutrality was based on the idea that Americans shouldn't intercede in affairs of British sovereignty -- but of course being for British sovereignty at all is implicitly anti-EU, so the perception couldn't be helped. Now that you've chosen Brexit I wish an independent and free Britain all the success in the world.

Trump was a reality show host back then, and no one even imagined he might run for President, never mind be President. I wanted Fiorina after Rand Paul gaffed himself out of the running, but Trump shockingly seems to have worked out all right. He certainly blew away my expectations, but those were set quite low.

I guess the only thing that hasn't radically changed since, what, 2013? is the specter of Sharia, which continues to descend on Europe as the noose of censorship in the name of "tolerance" tightens around your necks a little more every day. It's the same old story a few more pages in.

Welcome back Capn :D

Whats new? Hmm let me think...

The Trump thread is a cancerous growth on the forum that continues to find a low point ;)

Sadiq Khan (mayor of London) has managed to hack off the populace yet again - Knife crime is on the rise despite the police confiscating every knife they can housing is waay behind schedule, the police can't pursue burglaries, but they can sure find time to pursue hate crimes via that hate crime hub, that encourages/will encourage people to report others for mean things said online. he really is a completely unworthy mayor for Lomdon.

Jeremy Corbyn (Labour leader of opposition) is involved in some antisemitism scandal that as far as I can see is irrelevant but was being discussed back in 2016.

Conservatives are getting censored left right and center on Facebook heres a quick example https://www.breitbart.com/big-governmen ... m-in-2020/

Trump is widely considered an evil in my country - at least in the south in the midlands and the North no so much.

Theresa may is doing everything in her power to betray Britain leaving the Eu as far as I can see and a whole bunch of people are hacked off about it - we will be leaving the Eu or there will be revolt its that simple

Oh and a pro Trump rally was BANNED next to the US embassy the police essentially threatened us with arrest- I have a whole bunch of notes on that but its a whole nother subject

Oh and members of this forum have tried to argue for my arrest/monitoring by GCHQ* for
1 laughing at Antifa getting comeuppance for destruction of property

2 suggesting that if the left does not get a grip there will be a civil revolt.

*PM me for details if interested I can't really discuss that on open forum.

Yeah this forum has been slipping into SJW land Aye Capn

EDIT: Sargon of Akkad is one of my fav Youtubers - also what was that about them on steam a few months back?!
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Wed, 5. Sep 18, 21:30

Oh yes, forgot to say, welcome back :D

Also, Skism has started super politicking. What welcome back thread isn't complete without someone focusing less upon the returner and more about themselves :D

Good choice on the gaming - though preferred AP for some reason. Take it nothing momentous has happened while you've had a hiatus?
Skism wrote:argue for my arrest/monitoring by GCHQ
GCHQ have zero powers of arrest :roll: See what i mean? Hyperbole central these days :D

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Wed, 5. Sep 18, 22:06

Chips wrote:Oh yes, forgot to say, welcome back :D

Also, Skism has started super politicking. What welcome back thread isn't complete without someone focusing less upon the returner and more about themselves :D

Good choice on the gaming - though preferred AP for some reason. Take it nothing momentous has happened while you've had a hiatus?
Skism wrote:argue for my arrest/monitoring by GCHQ
GCHQ have zero powers of arrest :roll: See what i mean? Hyperbole central these days :D
Deny all you like

You know exactly what I mean

And he asked for what is new politically.....so I gave it to him politically

-Thomas Paine-

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Wed, 5. Sep 18, 22:29

I can say that Skism hasn't changed since I know him. :lol:

So at least that stayed the same.

EDIT: Btw I don't think I remember you so maybe I am should introduce myself.

I am a SJW, left wing extremist, lgbtqiapk, muslims-buddhist-atheist-christian cuck, who immigrated here illegally from the German off-topic and I am a squatter in this part of the forum not paying rent to egosoft, but sleeping with all their woman/man (would not want to assume their gender). My hobbies are overthrowing the patriarchy, burning cars, getting triggered and writing long texts about how it is ok to be obese. On top of that I am a otherkin and into [insert most degenerate weird weeb shit here].

I am sure we gonna have a lot of fun. :)
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 5. Sep 18, 23:21

Aye Capn wrote:@Mork: Low expectations as recreational drug? Interesting theory...
"Low Expectations" is an evolutionarily reinforced survival trait. Optimists are a species's "minefield detectors."

I have so conditioned myself, through years of practice, that my morning alarm induces an automatic Pavlovian response of "low expectations."

Still, it'd be nice to have it in pill form, just in case a random gene gets a bit uppity and starts thinking "that big open clearing doesn't look so very dangerous."

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Wed, 5. Sep 18, 23:46

Morkonan wrote:[...]

Still, it'd be nice to have it in pill form, just in case a random gene gets a bit uppity and starts thinking "that big open clearing doesn't look so very dangerous."
That pill exists. It is called cocaine. Comes with a few side effects though.

EDIT: Wait, just saw you are looking for the opposite effect. I am sure that exists too.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Thu, 6. Sep 18, 00:18

Morkonan wrote:
Aye Capn wrote:@Mork: Low expectations as recreational drug? Interesting theory...
"Low Expectations" is an evolutionarily reinforced survival trait. Optimists are a species's "minefield detectors."

I have so conditioned myself, through years of practice, that my morning alarm induces an automatic Pavlovian response of "low expectations."

I think thats called depression...

-Thomas Paine-

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Thu, 6. Sep 18, 01:15

clakclak wrote:...EDIT: Wait, just saw you are looking for the opposite effect. I am sure that exists too.
Sadly, the "Lemon Factory" closed down...
Skism wrote:I think thats called depression...
Politically induced depression? Is "Depression" actually part of a political platform? An ideal?

"Stand up, damned of the Earth
Stand up, prisoners of starvation
Reason thunders in its volcano
This is the eruption of the end.
Of the past let us make a clean slate
Enslaved masses, stand up, stand up.
Lonely in its icey hall, Häagen-Dazs awaits.
"To the spoons, too the spoons," they take up the call.
Then back to bed, oh doomed hope,
the past one can not bear.
For once again, thine own ears hear
"The Orange Man, The Orange Man,
only he you have to fear."

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 6. Sep 18, 03:02

clakclak wrote:
Morkonan wrote:[...]

That pill exists. It is called cocaine. Comes with a few side effects though.

EDIT: Wait, just saw you are looking for the opposite effect. I am sure that exists too.
Here is a suggestion: just try to be anti-dramatic. It works wonder. ;)

Just like you know what is the best way to counter coffee-addiction? Just don't drink it every morning. :D

I asked this once before, between:

- a guy who believe human for all its good and bad, are just human at the end.
- a guy who believe human are still barbaric and should yearn for higher, flawless existence ...

Which one of the two you think will have a happier life. :P

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 6. Sep 18, 03:46

Mightysword wrote:I asked this once before, between:

- a guy who believe human for all its good and bad, are just human at the end.
- a guy who believe human are still barbaric and should yearn for higher, flawless existence ...

Which one of the two you think will have a happier life. :P
The guy who achieves higher, flawless existence would possibly be happiest - but he probably won't get there, by looking at humans as barbaric. :)

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Thu, 6. Sep 18, 04:05

Morkonan wrote:

I've been trying to perfect Hitchhiker's Someone Else's Problem field. It's a work in progress.

We should exchange research notes

clakclak wrote: I am a SJW, left wing extremist, lgbtqiapk, muslims-buddhist-atheist-christian cuck, who immigrated here illegally from the German off-topic and I am a squatter in this part of the forum not paying rent to egosoft, but sleeping with all their woman/man (would not want to assume their gender). My hobbies are overthrowing the patriarchy, burning cars, getting triggered and writing long texts about how it is ok to be obese. On top of that I am a otherkin and into [insert most degenerate weird weeb shit here].

I am sure we gonna have a lot of fun. :)
well hi there handsome

Return to “Off Topic English”