New Forum Layout

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Antilogic
x3tc

Re: New Forum Layout

Post by Antilogic » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 21:43

Well clearly I'm special and I don't have to read the thread!!!

(Thank you :) )

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 21:14

So... Did Global Warming finally hit Egosoft?

No snow? :(

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 21:33

If not then I'll gladly ship them some :)
Merry Christmas all.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 13:42

Morkonan wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 21:14

I'm sure the snow arrived on the 24th on the old forum.
Reality is an illusion created by a lack of the X-universe
My new forum My original forum

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 22. Dec 18, 23:09

Praefectus classis wrote:
Sat, 22. Dec 18, 13:42
Morkonan wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 21:14

I'm sure the snow arrived on the 24th on the old forum.
That may be. I seem to recall it lasting for awhile, so I thought it may have been earlier than that. Plus, with the forum update, one wonders if they'll be able to use the same theme without any issues. That leads to the thought that maybe the reason it isn't present is due to a difficulty like that.

Either way, I will go to the Mall and ask Santa if he will make sure the Egosoft Forums are properly attired for Christmas! :)

red assassin
x3

Post by red assassin » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 00:02

The snow is just a standalone bit of JavaScript - it's not tied to the specific software, theme, etc used in any way. That said, I can't see the snow JS in the current code, so I don't think it's been added.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 00:10

red assassin wrote:
Sun, 23. Dec 18, 00:02
The snow is just a standalone bit of JavaScript - it's not tied to the specific software, theme, etc used in any way. That said, I can't see the snow JS in the current code, so I don't think it's been added.
Santa isn't going to be visiting some people's houses this Christmas, if true...

Egosoft? Do you not want Christmas presents? If so, this is how one goes about not getting Christmas presents from Santa!!!! :)

(I thought it might be something like that. An easily explainable oversight and that's why I posted, hoping to get some attention for it before Christmas's "Day 0" hit. A cut and paste seems in order.)

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 13:02

I've just put a snow mod on my own phpbb3 forum. The installation is a similar process to adding mods on X4. So there are snow mods out there for phpbb3. I don't know how much of a slowdown it would cause on the Egosoft forum though. In reference to the one I installed, it has the facility for users to disable the snow effect if they don't like it.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 14:43

Sun, 23. Dec 18, 13:02
I've just put a snow mod on my own phpbb3 forum. The installation is a similar process to adding mods on X4. So there are snow mods out there for phpbb3. I don't know how much of a slowdown it would cause on the Egosoft forum though. In reference to the one I installed, it has the facility for users to disable the snow effect if they don't like it.
Paste/link the code, perhaps? Just to make it easier for the Webmaster or their servants to get it done in time?

If it ain't "Frontpage" I know diddly about webpage stuffs... (well, not completely ignorant, but not worth the risks in setting me loose in the wild)

Praefectus classis
x4

Post by Praefectus classis » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 16:08

Morkonan wrote:
Sun, 23. Dec 18, 14:43
Sun, 23. Dec 18, 13:02
Paste/link the code, perhaps? Just to make it easier for the Webmaster or their servants to get it done in time?

If it ain't "Frontpage" I know diddly about webpage stuffs... (well, not completely ignorant, but not worth the risks in setting me loose in the wild)
Good point, I used this one.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 19:42

BTW: the forum snow is there ... it's on (as examples) the Home, Support and Shop pages that are still in the old forum format, but it's not on the new forum pages.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “Off Topic English”