Forums: What is "Add Foe"?

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Antilogic
x3tc

Re: Forums: What is "Add Foe"?

Post by Antilogic » Thu, 11. Oct 18, 16:18

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 5. Oct 18, 19:16
I'm no great fan of social media features generally, but I do acknowledge that there are some people, for whom time on the forum can be made less stressful by allowing them to simply hide posts made by someone who has repeatedly annoyed them. Sure, they could just not visit the forum at all, or they could studiously avoid threads where that person had posed, but by hiding their posts they can remain here and read whatever they like, without the risk of getting wound up by accidentally reading something they didn't want or need to. For people who are struggling with stress, it can make the difference between this being a place to relax or it being a place that contributes to that stress.
This is worth mentioning twice.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 07:11

not the same thing but sometimes on Xbox i take pride in how quickly i can get someone to block me
my best time is 45 minutes during a pve spat playing ark
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 08:00

cattafett wrote:
Fri, 12. Oct 18, 07:11
not the same thing but sometimes on Xbox i take pride in how quickly i can get someone to block me

So, how many of their mother's did you sleep with? :)

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 11:30

cattafett wrote:
Fri, 12. Oct 18, 07:11
This is not something to be proud of. Ever.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 15:46

Antilogic wrote:
Fri, 12. Oct 18, 11:30

i'm afraid i'll have to disagree, unlike this little haven the interweb is filled with bullies and trolls and i like to bully bullies and troll the trolls,
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 16:06

Yes because nothing beats countering assholes by becoming one... :roll:

I understand your sentiment, but all it does is perpetuate the violence, not reduce it, thus you are part of the problem, not the solution.

MFG

Ketraar

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 18:10

cattafett wrote:
Fri, 12. Oct 18, 15:46
Antilogic wrote:
Fri, 12. Oct 18, 11:30

i'm afraid i'll have to disagree, unlike this little haven the interweb is filled with bullies and trolls and i like to bully bullies and troll the trolls,
Ketraar is correct. You are just perpetuating the circle of crappyness as well as acting in a manner which would make you unpleasant for others to interact with.

Also, this place is hardly a haven. Better then some for sure.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 19:26

Absolutely pointless feature if you cannot challenge someone to a duel.

I am offended sir/madam by your comments, you now are my foe and so I challenge you! Choose your game!
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 19:39

Rock paper scissors.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 20:16

With real rocks and big real scissors! Paper selection is up to you.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Fri, 12. Oct 18, 20:38

Course grit sandpaper, also never underestimate the razor edge of an innocent looking piece of A4 paper, so much pain...
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 01:49

Ketraar & Antilogic
"perpetuating the circle of crappyness/violence"
the circle was here before me and it will always be there
as a big problem i don't think we as a people will ever be able to solve it but as a small problem turning our enemy's weapons against them works just fine
an example:
they came to our peaceful ARK PvE server (yes there were minor spats but nothing that couldn't be solved with peaceful negotiation)
and acted like it was a PvP server claiming alpha, insulting the "lesser tribes" (at one point forbiding a tribe from talking in chat) and demanding tribute
by treating them as they treated the rest of the server it showed that that they were not to be feared or kowtowed to
by the mouthy guy blocking me it showed that in the war of words he was beaten, by making him hide from me it took away his power
then when they started to kite wild dinos, the "lesser tribes" knew they were not alone, when the self-proclaimed alpha tribe kited tribe A, we were there to help defend, then when we kited back tribes A, B & C assisted,
after wiping them we gave them a choice they play nice or we continue, they chose to leave
by doing unto them as they had done to us we solved the "problem" of them coming to our server and trying to take over

fyi i freely admit i'm a petty s.o.b so i followed them to their home server and found they had pulled the same crap there as well
so i gave them the same choice, play nice or we continue, this time they chose to play nice
so yes keraar nothing beats countering assholes by becoming a bigger one 8)

antilogic i'm only unpleasant to those who are unpleasant, think of me as a mirror with a lens, i merely give back only more so
i play in 9 different ARK tribes on many servers and like to think i'm liked & respected on those servers, not from fear of what i could do but for how i have behaved in the past, while trade is the norm i've not had to pay for fert eggs or blueprints for quite some time
and the reason why? because the peeps i deal with know the lengths i'll go to to help peeps out
Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 12. Oct 18, 20:16
With real rocks and big real scissors! Paper selection is up to you.
i'll use paper money :)

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 16:27

Maybe one day you might see the value of being a better person, then descending to their level.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Sat, 13. Oct 18, 18:45

cattafett wrote:
Sat, 13. Oct 18, 01:49
so yes keraar nothing beats countering assholes by becoming a bigger one
So you see someone on fire and the best you can come up with, is to pour more gasoline on the situation? Burn, burn, everyone burn. Let's all go down in flames. Is that your motto?

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 17:20

cattafett wrote:
Sat, 13. Oct 18, 01:49
so yes keraar nothing beats countering assholes by becoming a bigger one 8)
Being an ahole is being an ahole, regardless of justification; it's still being an... ;)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 19:33

Enough on that personal aspect now thanks; even in OT we should not discuss other active posters. Let's just return to impartial discussion of the 'add foe' aspect of the new forum app.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Sun, 14. Oct 18, 22:27

Santi wrote:
Fri, 12. Oct 18, 19:26
Absolutely pointless feature if you cannot challenge someone to a duel.
And here I thought we would be duelling each other in this very forum already. That's what threads about political and religious topics are about, aren't they?
Santi wrote:
Fri, 12. Oct 18, 19:26
I am offended sir/madam by your comments, you now are my foe and so I challenge you! Choose your game!
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed!" :P
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

Return to “Off Topic English”