Mars Volcano ESA pics

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tracker001
x3tc

Mars Volcano ESA pics

Post by Tracker001 » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 04:19

VMC Image acquired on 24-09-2018 at 14:29:15 at an altitude of 9886.29 km above Mars, on Mars Express orbit number 18637. Image #4 out of 8 from this observation.

Credit: ESA - European Space Agency,
https://www.flickr.com/photos/esa_marsw ... otostream/

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Mars Volcano ESA pics

Post by Morkonan » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 05:45

That's awesome! Any official comment on that, yet?

Tracker001
x3tc

Post by Tracker001 » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 18:53

Sadly No .
Looked through this
to make url shorter
and even with the search term I put in , can't seem to find that/those pics .
Though there is evidence of fairly recent volcanic activity on Mars . Until ESA site itself post such , I'll consider what I posted a decent Photoshop .

So sorry for , at this time , I'll consider a false alarm . Be cool if we could catch active volcanic activity with all the proper time stamps and sources .

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 17:31

Tracker001 wrote:
Sun, 21. Oct 18, 18:53
Sadly No .
Looked through this
to make url shorter
and even with the search term I put in , can't seem to find that/those pics .
Though there is evidence of fairly recent volcanic activity on Mars . Until ESA site itself post such , I'll consider what I posted a decent Photoshop .

So sorry for , at this time , I'll consider a false alarm . Be cool if we could catch active volcanic activity with all the proper time stamps and sources .
Email them.

A lot of "discoveries" are made by laymen science fans who just love looking at "space stuff." I'm sure someone, somewhere, with the qualifications to be able to address this has already looked at this pic. But... maybe not. Or, maybe they have, but nobody has moved on promoting it yet? So, email and ask. The worst that could happen is.. nothing. :)

Return to “Off Topic English”