Other space games

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Other space games

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 17:03

Mightysword wrote:
Fri, 30. Nov 18, 00:46
I actually would advise against watching videos. While the game is fairly deep and can have lot of hours in it, it's also fairly compact if you come in with existing knowledge. For me the first 10 hours or so was the most fun in trying to figure thing out, and let's play videos can easily spoil that.
I don't worry about spoiling anything for any game I research buying. There's always a wealth of difference in experience between watching a vid of a game and playing the game, especially in a game like this where the challenge is mastering the survival, build, and exploration elements. Spoiling the "game mechanics" or "discovery" process isn't a big deal compared to that in this sort of game.

For instance, watching vids of basic Minecraft, pre-Micro$oft, is what got me to buy the game. And, knowing "the basics" had no impact at all on my gameplay experience, since it wasn't a "puzzle" game or a "point and click adventure." My task was to survive, build, explore, gather, etc.. not just to figure out how to tame a horse.

I always watch at least some gameplay vids for any game I'm considering purchasing. Only if available, of course. I already prepurchased X4, based on my experience with X3.... /fingerscrossed :)

OmegaKnight
x3tc

Post by OmegaKnight » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 01:11

Starsector
Is a top down 2D space game that just had a rather large update.
Early versions have be described as Mount and Blade in space.
now in 0.9 it's added colonisation, orbital bombardment, expanded the economy and reasons to explore unknown space, it's moving closer to a 4X.

I know early access puts some people off, however there is a fully playable game here with a decent amount of content.
Also there is a strong modding scene, always a plus.

Ronald Sandoval
x3tc

Post by Ronald Sandoval » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 07:30

i just found this old space mmo on youtube called Earth & Beyond i had never heard of it looks like it was fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qG37yOo_Jc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG_71oOJ9B8
GA-7N400 PRO2
2x512MB PC3200 in dual channel
geforce 6600GT
XP3200

Return to “Off Topic English”