Fallout 76...

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mightysword
x3tc

Re: Fallout 76...

Post by Mightysword » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 00:54

Morkonan wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 00:34
Look at the latest "Big Hit" movies. Most of them are probably crap in terms of "worth." But, people go see them and the money rolls in and people get paid for making them. Were they worth making? Well, for money returns, sure. Were they worth seeing? Eh... It depends on what you like to watch. Were they artistic masterpieces? Definitely not and they'll be forgotten in five years.
Pretty much define Michael Bay Transformer series. I was shocked when I found out its earning is in the top 10 :o
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 06:15

Morkonan wrote:
While it sounds like a possibly good idea, it's really not. Nobody wants their salary linked to the "opinions" of someone else.
I wasn't being entirely serious, I just mentioned it because of what Bethesda did to Oblivion with FO:NV where they most definitely *did* determine they pay based on someone else's opinion.

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 20:54

pjknibbs wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 06:15
Morkonan wrote:
While it sounds like a possibly good idea, it's really not. Nobody wants their salary linked to the "opinions" of someone else.
I wasn't being entirely serious, I just mentioned it because of what Bethesda did to Oblivion with FO:NV where they most definitely *did* determine they pay based on someone else's opinion.
Seems karma is finally paying Bethesda back. :)

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Thu, 24. Oct 19, 11:26

Sorry for the bump, but this was too good to not post it.

Bethesda are adding the an optional paid subscription to Fallout 76. For the low low price of $12.99 per month / $99 per year, you can get things they originally promised in the base game!
Become a Fallout 1st Member Today!
Fallout 1st is a premium membership aimed at enhancing the Fallout 76 experience, offering members access to Private Worlds, unlimited crafting component storage with the Scrapbox, a second Fast Travel point with the Survival Tent, exclusive cosmetic items, and best value 1,650 Atoms each month.

Catch an overview of the current Fallout 1st membership bonuses below, and then click here to become a member today. If you’d like even more details on Fallout 1st, read our recent article on Fallout.com.

Private Worlds
Private Worlds have been among the most popular requests within the Fallout 76 community since launch, and we’re excited to announce that they have officially arrived today with Fallout 1st.

As a Fallout 1st member, you gain access to an exclusive Private World that you can use to play alone or invite up to 7 of your friends to join you at any given time.
Only the owner of a Private World is required to be a Fallout 1st member. As long as the owner is currently in their Private World, they can invite friends to join them.
If the owner leaves, the world will stay active as long as one other player in the world is a Fallout 1st member.
If no Fallout 1st members remain, all players in that Private World will receive a notification that the world will soon shut down.
Private Worlds do not currently support mods and behave just like Adventure Mode as you know it today.

Scrapbox
Hoard crafting components to your heart’s content with your own personal Scrapbox container.
The Scrapbox is a separate container from your Stash and offers unlimited storage space for all your components.
The Scrapbox is exclusive to Fallout 1st members and can be used in both public and private worlds.

Survival Tent
Quickly set up a forward operating base during your next adventure in the wilderness with the new Survival Tent.
Once placed, the Survival Tent acts as a second free Fast Travel point, in addition your existing C.A.M.P.
The Survival Tent comes complete with a Stash, Scrapbox, Sleeping Bag, Cooking Station, and even an instrument to help you wind down after a day of exploring Appalachia.
Like the Scrapbox, the Survival Tent is exclusive to Fallout 1st members and can be used in both public and private worlds.

Monthly Atoms
As a Fallout 1st member, you’ll receive the best value for an Atom bundle to date, with a monthly bonus of 1,650 Atoms that you can use freely in the Atomic Shop.
In addition to the bonus Atoms each month, you will also gain access to exclusive sales in the Atomic Shop.

Exclusive Cosmetics
Explore Appalachia in iconic Fallout style with the Ranger Armor Outfit and show off your membership status with a set of unique Fallout 1st Player Icons and Emotes, all of which are exclusively available to Fallout 1st members.
These guys have no shame... needless to say, the community backlash has been delightful. Someone has snagged the domain name for Fallout First... it is something!

http://falloutfirst.com

This just strikes me as tone deaf given the utterly rubbish state the game was in at release; has it improved enough to justify this? Probably not. I know it is optional, but seriously? I enjoyed this quote on Reddit:
For $99 a year, EA will let you play basically any game in their library, over 240 games, including new titles.

For $99 a year, Bethesda will let you have a private server in one game, Fallout 76, and you have to already own the game. They throw in a few other in game things, including putting the solution to players' stash size complaints behind a paywall.
:roll:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 24. Oct 19, 12:28

When EA are offering a better deal than you are, you really need to be examining your life choices.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 24. Oct 19, 13:44

I posted about it last night, well middle of the night actually. Forgot there was a thread about the game so I did it in the random news thread. YongYea did a comparison of price but he used Microsoft for his example.

As for Bethesda I really don't know what has come over them, where their grab for greed has stemmed from and why they have suddenly taken on this cash grab way of selling games. They must have looked at how much the other AAA guys were making and wanted their share of the greed pie, with a view of, to hell with the consequences.

Addon

I just found out that the server you are supposed to get for the fallout first subscription, while it only hosts up to 8 players, so that's the person that has paid for it and 7 others. If the person who owns the server or paid for it using the fallout first subscription, when they log off, unless someone else is on the server who also has a subscription, the game will close down kicking all others who are on the server out of the game. So the server can only be used if and when the fallout first subscriber is actually logged on and using it, otherwise it doesn't exist. I could run something like that from home, no need for a third party server, many people do do it for the likes of minecraft and some have them running all the time. Total rip off Bethesda and still no mods either.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Thu, 24. Oct 19, 14:30

pjknibbs - rather damning isn't it?
felter wrote:
Thu, 24. Oct 19, 13:44
I posted about it last night, well middle of the night actually. Forgot there was a thread about the game so I did it in the random news thread. YongYea did a comparison of price but he used Microsoft for his example.

As for Bethesda I really don't know what has come over them, where their grab for greed has stemmed from and why they have suddenly taken on this cash grab way of selling games. They must have looked at how much the other AAA guys were making and wanted their share of the greed pie, with a view of, to hell with the consequences.

Addon

I just found out that the server you are supposed to get for the fallout first subscription, while it only hosts up to 8 players, so that's the person that has paid for it and 7 others. If the person who owns the server or paid for it using the fallout first subscription, when they log off, unless someone else is on the server who also has a subscription, the game will close down kicking all others who are on the server out of the game. So the server can only be used if and when the fallout first subscriber is actually logged on and using it, otherwise it doesn't exist. I could run something like that from home, no need for a third party server, many people do do it for the likes of minecraft and some have them running all the time. Total rip off Bethesda and still no mods either.
Sorry felter, didn't see your other post! Completely agree with you though; you would think Bethesda are plenty rich from the release of Fallout 4, Doom, and the numerous iterations / platform releases of Skyrim, but it seems they are determined to stoop lower and lower.

If what you say about the server kicking people out is correct, that is laughably underhanded of Bethesda (but not unsurprising). Bring back the good old days of dedicated servers you could run at home (TFC, Counter Strike etc.) - I miss those days!

At least Internet Historian will have some new material if he ever does a followup video regarding the ever-crashing trainwreck that was the release and support of Fallout 76. If you haven't watched it, I recommend it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjyeCdd-dl8 (contains some swearing).

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 24. Oct 19, 23:30

So it turns out the fallout first was released and it was the typical Bethesda release as it was a broken buggy mess that just didn't work.

Putting down the tent would cause a CTD. The Scrapbox did just that, anything that was put into it was scrapped and lost forever. It turns out the private servers weren't so much private, as anyone on the servers holders friend list could join at anytime, even without an invitation. The servers themselves are just empty servers that had already been used by others previously, as a lot of them have been emptied of mobs and drops. It turns out that you don't need to be a fallout first to take control of a server, you just have to be the last person on the server to take control of it until you log off, so the server kicking none fallout first players that I mentioned earlier, is not working. also of course you have a myriad of Bethesda's usual bugs and glitches. :D

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 25. Oct 19, 07:59

You're kidding? Them charging that much in the first place was frankly insulting, but for what they're peddling to simply not work is taking the piss to an extent I didn't believe possible.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 25. Oct 19, 15:39

pjknibbs wrote:
Fri, 25. Oct 19, 07:59
You're kidding? Them charging that much in the first place was frankly insulting, but for what they're peddling to simply not work is taking the piss to an extent I didn't believe possible.
Nope no kidding allowed when it comes to Fallout 76. Laymen Gaming as usual does a good rant on the game release but to be honest take your pick Jim Sterling, YongYea, Angry Joe you name them they are all talking about it.

An interesting point that is being brought up is that Bethesda has no games coming out anytime soon, and their last few games have been an absolute mess and terrible. So they reckon this is why they are milking Fallout 76 as they are pretty much dependant on it for their current income. If we are being honest, there is some pretty awful management going on at Bethesda right now.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 26. Oct 19, 00:52

Tycow wrote:
Thu, 24. Oct 19, 11:26
These guys have no shame... needless to say, the community backlash has been delightful. Someone has snagged the domain name for Fallout First... it is something!

http://falloutfirst.com

This just strikes me as tone deaf given the utterly rubbish state the game was in at release; has it improved enough to justify this? Probably not. I know it is optional, but seriously? I enjoyed this quote on Reddit:
For $99 a year, EA will let you play basically any game in their library, over 240 games, including new titles.

For $99 a year, Bethesda will let you have a private server in one game, Fallout 76, and you have to already own the game. They throw in a few other in game things, including putting the solution to players' stash size complaints behind a paywall.
:roll:
LOL, The BBC have taken note of that site. I wonder if Bethesda will return their call about it, or if Tod sit down and talk to the sites owner to get the IP.

I don't think Fallout 1st is going the way they thought or hoped it would.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 26. Oct 19, 10:30

felter wrote:
Sat, 26. Oct 19, 00:52
If they expected it to go any way different than it has, they're idiots.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 26. Oct 19, 20:06

pjknibbs wrote:
Sat, 26. Oct 19, 10:30
felter wrote:
Sat, 26. Oct 19, 00:52
If they expected it to go any way different than it has, they're idiots.
That has pretty much been established as being so.

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Sat, 26. Oct 19, 20:32

In other news, The Outer Worlds is pretty good. :D

felter
xr

Post by felter » Sat, 2. Nov 19, 01:10

They should change the games name to never ending story as it just keeps on going and not in any good way.

The ACCC (Australia Competition & consumer commission) have now put Zenimax over their knee and gave them a spanking telling them that they broke Australian consumer laws when they refused to give Australian customers a refund for what was a buggy broken mess of a game and now Zenimax are being forced to give Australians who asked for a refund that refund that they initially refused to give them.

ZeniMax to refund consumers for the Fallout 76 game

Also if you bought the Fallout 1st subscription whatever you do don't tell anyone, as they are being targeted in the game. Turns out a lot of people are not happy with those that bought into the Fallout 1st, accsuing them of supporting everything that is bad at Bethesda right now. Not good, not good at all.

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 24. Dec 19, 16:19

This has been one hell of a mess of a game since it's release and it is not given up on that.

The latest one is a hack that has been publicly released that allows the user to remove all inventory items from another player including weapons and armour that they have equipped and there is nothing you can do to stop it form happening. Bethesda has responded with their usual weak ass response of it only effects a few players so were doing nothing, meanwhile there is a video on youtube of 1 person having fun (how they put it) stealing the inventory from over 500 other players and that's only 1 person, Bethesda should have shut the servers down as soon as the issue arose, as they have no way of knowing what has been stolen from who, even of you report it.

This is a WARNING if you play the game (why) do not log onto the game right now, as there is a good chance you will lose everything from you inventory.

Return to “Off Topic English”