Fallout 76...

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

esd
x3tc

Re: Fallout 76...

Post by esd » Wed, 21. Nov 18, 15:05

An absolutely scathing review at The Metro. Some juicy bits:
Although it is bizarre how much Fallout 76 looks like some sort of abandoned mod, made by first year computer students that got bored after a couple of weeks and never bothered finishing it. The irony being that Bethesda has a very strong mod community, who regularly make their games look better than they ever did at launch. But being an online-only game we assume they’re not going to be able to help Fallout 76.
Lest anyone forgets, Bethesda own Doom creator id Software and Wolfenstein developer MachineGames, which feature some of the best first person combat this generation; so how they could possibly think this is acceptable is beyond us
Even great games – Dark Souls is the obvious example – have suffered from poor technical performance but Fallout 76 is not a great game. It’s very obviously something that was originally intended to be an extra mode for Fallout 4 but was never finished and has now been press-ganged into use as a separate title.
And the summary:
In Short: A disastrous failure whose technical shortcomings may one day be fixed but whose design failings, and obliviousness to its own potential, suggests a game that is irrevocably broken.

Pros: The game world is the largest and most interesting of any Fallout title. And if you’re very lucky, and get it at the right angle, it can even look fairly impressive.

Cons: Dull, repetitive gameplay with tedious quests, horrendous combat, and glitchy base construction. Lack of non-player characters ruins the story. One of the buggiest games ever released.

Score: 3/10
Ouch. That's gotta hurt.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 21. Nov 18, 16:56

esd wrote:
Wed, 21. Nov 18, 15:05
Ouch. That's gotta hurt.
The trailer looks good, though... Then again, most of the appeal is likely due to the music, since little of the implied gameplay in the trailer appears to be evident in the game. And, if it is, the only question of whether or not it's worthy of experiencing is whether or not the Beach Boys soundtracks are included or not.

Someone stepped on Bethesda's enema bottle and this is the result. Yay?

This should probably be dubbed over some particularly hilarious bug-infested '76 vids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWJXTdCVsKI (Sloop John B)

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 21. Nov 18, 17:37

pjknibbs wrote:
Wed, 21. Nov 18, 09:21
In principle I don't disagree with you--it was always possible to ignore the bugs, even if you got affected by them, because the games were generally good enough to do that.
Just like X2 and X3 :D
The problem arises when they release a game which *isn't* very good (as the general opinion on FO76 seems to have it) which is also bug-ridden as heck.
Just like X:Rebirth :sceptic:

Like I said, if I can love and tolerate egosoft, it's not hard to do the same for Bethesasoft. :)

I think overall I feel the reactions in this thread is a bit overdramatic . I think if you put into a perspective of all other openworld games on the market, most don't have even half as big of a world and often ridden with far more technical problems that make Beth game looks like a hand polished Roll-royce, you'll appreciate their feast more. Sure, FO76 maybe a big flop, but I don't think it really reflects the long term value of the company. They hold two long running and successful franchises and for the most part, has been consistently deliver and improve with each iterations. Maybe this is double reinforced by prejudice against MMO platform (won't be a suprise given the forum we're on).

Conspiracy hat on *

Who know, this can be Beth playing 4D chest. People have been howling them for a Fallout MMO, so may be this is a token effort so they can tell those people "hey look, we tried ok, it flopped bad so we'll just stick to SP from now on". :P
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 22. Nov 18, 00:15

Mightysword wrote:
Wed, 21. Nov 18, 17:37
Just like X:Rebirth :sceptic:

Like I said, if I can love and tolerate egosoft, it's not hard to do the same for Bethesasoft. :)
Let's see. Egosoft:
1. Releases buggy games.
2. Fixes the bugs
3. Updates the games with huge (sometimes unpaid) expansions.

Bethesda:
1. Releases buggy games.
2. Doesn't fix a large proportion of those bugs.
3. Sells overpriced DLC which often contain considerably less content than Egosoft's unpaid updates.

Yeah, total equivalence there. :P

I like Bethesda games in spite of the bugs. They do great worldbuilding (but terrible stories... hey! You missed that as a similarity to Egosoft! ;)) But they really are an absolutely rotten company who deserve all the criticism they get, and then some.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 22. Nov 18, 01:05

eladan wrote:
Thu, 22. Nov 18, 00:15
Yeah, total equivalence there. :P
Beauty is in the eye of the beholders. You're not necessary looking at the comparison as the same lens as I do on a few things. ;)

- Like I said, the bugs in Beth's game were never really of a problem to me. When I first got Morrowind I had no internet, I played that game for years with no patches nor mods, yet I still sunk hundred of hours in them. The same-thing can be said about Oblivion and Skyrim. Again, it's nice that the communities fix those bugs the devs didn't, but they were never something that's more then pesky annoyance ... at least for me.

- Can the same-thing be said about the bugs in the X-series, if we go back to Reunion or Rebirth? I got both at releases, I remember Reunion was ok if you play for the first 20 hours or so, but after that issues started cropping up to a point that it can brick your game. I got Rebirth at launch too, and I decided that, after 15hours I needed to stop playing until it's fixed, because I don't want to get to a point that I would hate the game. Because if I reach that point, I won't be able to go back to it even after it get fixed. That was just how frustrated it was for me.

So, in the former case (Bethesa) fixing those bugs would be a nice gesture commitment but ultimately does not interfere with the wholesome enjoyment of the games, while in the later case (Egosoft) I would argue it's more of a necessity that they MUST do it to stay in business. I think many of us 'fans' here wouldn't around if the games were left in their initial state. :doh:
Let's see. Egosoft:
3. Updates the games with huge (sometimes unpaid) expansions.

Bethesda:
3. Sells overpriced DLC which often contain considerably less content than Egosoft's unpaid updates.
Well, I think you preach to the wrong person, I'm not one of those gamers who like to wail on and on about "proper expansion pack" and "overpriced DLC". For me, it's the right of the developers, and it's my choice to vote with my wallet, complaining is so ... overrated. :rant:

- I play TERA, a free MMO. If you want to talk about micro transaction, this is the platform to look at. Yet ... I spent less than $15 in the 6months time I play. Not because they don't have things to buy, I just decide I don't need them. And I don't let their existence bother me.
- I play The Sims - from EA, which is another notorious example of micro transaction for both the franchise and company. Yet ... I never touch the stuffs I consider overprice. Things that I feel justified the dollar, I buy. Things that I like but think overprice, I wait for a sale. Again, I don't feel entitled myself to all the contents that are available.
- I play Bethasoft games (mainly the Elderscroll line, not a big fan of Fallout) ... and I never buy those cosmetic DLC people complain about. But each and every expansion pack that release for those games are all well worth the price. Hell, I think they're underpriced ... and if you want to compare ... I actually hope Egosoft's expansion pack one day can actually match the quality of Bethasoft's expack. ;)
- Now, I got Home Of Light for free as a day one adopter of Rebirth, but I never really get into it much. I bought Teladi Outpost and I think I visited the sectors came with it less than a dozen of time, half of the reason is because the ship AI can't seem to navigate the gate properly. Frankly I already know I wouldn't get into it much before I bought, so it was mainly a sight to support Egosoft, and the content itself really didn't change my opinion.

So ... irregardless of the asking price ... which one you think gave me more entertainment? :gruebel:

See, here's the thing, I think practical and not philosophical. I'm not rich, but neither I'm poor. I pay money to be entertained ... hell, I just sunk $1000+ this week into my other hobby (fish keeping), and I'm willing to pay a premium if the content is right. If Egosoft can release high quality ... hell scratch that, not even high quality, but content that I want to play, I'll pay for them. In general, I have more money to buy quality contents then there is quality contents that is worth buying, and video game is still one of the cheaper form of entertainment you can pay for (a fact I think people tend to lose perspective on).

To be perfectly honest to you? I think the X fanbase are a bit too old school and I wonder if that's a good things. Those companies that you hate? They are able to grow because they monetize their resource better. It may be the wrong impression, but I have a feeling Egosoft has always walk a tight-rope ... at least financially. Now, the things you praised them for certainly is good for you, the players, but ... is it necessary good for them, your supposed beloved developers? So if anything I would like to see more micro-transaction from Egosoft if that means they can be more stable and able to produce better contents, within reason of course. :)

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Thu, 22. Nov 18, 01:58

I was aprehensive when it was announced, and non surprised in the least when the negative reviews and criticisms started coming in.
Bethesda, both publisher and developer, in my eyes, are a company completely void of innovation or technical competance. It's been a running gag in gaming for so long that Bethesda games are buggy messes. Oblivion, for all its greatness, is nearly lethal to play without community fixes. Fallout 3 and NV weren't much better. Skyrim was the creme of the crop but not without its own issues. Since then its been downhill. Nothing innovative in the least. They force in gameplay from recent successes that doesn't fit, and they aren't good at making. I felt Fallout should have expanded on its lore and systems rather than replace them with attempts at crappy base building or multiplayer. They're doing like Egosoft did with Rebirth, forcing systems in that they just don't know how to do well enough. Its a shocker that upper management even approved Fallout 76.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 22. Nov 18, 10:24

Just read a fairly scathing review of the game at pcworld.com:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3323056 ... eview.html

Sounds like the basic design of the thing is broken--what kind of idiot makes a multiplayer game where only one person at a time can use a vendor or crafting table?

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Thu, 22. Nov 18, 10:48

esd wrote:
Wed, 21. Nov 18, 15:05
It’s very obviously something that was originally intended to be an extra mode for Fallout 4 but was never finished and has now been press-ganged into use as a separate title.
Yeah, that's certainly what it sounds like.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Thu, 22. Nov 18, 20:24

pjknibbs wrote:
Thu, 22. Nov 18, 10:24
Just read a fairly scathing review of the game at pcworld.com:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3323056 ... eview.html

Sounds like the basic design of the thing is broken--what kind of idiot makes a multiplayer game where only one person at a time can use a vendor or crafting table?
Looking at the ad network of that link, I found this lot.

Emerse Sverige ABPrivacy Policy
BeeswaxIO CorporationPrivacy Policy
TripleLift, Inc.Privacy Policy
AdMaxim Inc.Privacy Policy
ADventori SASPrivacy Policy
Oath (EMEA) LimitedPrivacy Policy
Venatus Media LimitedPrivacy Policy
Exponential Interactive, IncPrivacy Policy
AdSpirit GmbHPrivacy Policy
BidTheatre ABPrivacy Policy
Conversant Europe Ltd.Privacy Policy
Etarget SEPrivacy Policy
ADITION technologies AGPrivacy Policy
Quantcast International LimitedPrivacy Policy
AdikteevPrivacy Policy
Roq.ad GmbHPrivacy Policy
Vibrant Media LimitedPrivacy Policy
Captify Technologies LimitedPrivacy Policy
NEURAL.ONEPrivacy Policy
Sovrn Holdings IncPrivacy Policy
NEORY GmbHPrivacy Policy
AppNexus Inc.Privacy Policy
Index Exchange, Inc. Privacy Policy
ADARA MEDIA UNLIMITEDPrivacy Policy
Avocet Systems LimitedPrivacy Policy
xAd, Inc. dba GroundTruthPrivacy Policy
Tradelab, SASPrivacy Policy
Smart AdserverPrivacy Policy
The Rubicon Project, LimitedPrivacy Policy
Purch Group, Inc.Privacy Policy
Dataxu, Inc. Privacy Policy
MediaMath, Inc.Privacy Policy
Criteo SAPrivacy Policy
Crimtan Holdings LimitedPrivacy Policy
RTB House S.A.Privacy Policy
Scene Stealer LimitedPrivacy Policy
Blis Media LimitedPrivacy Policy
Simplifi Holdings Inc.Privacy Policy
LifeStreet CorporationPrivacy Policy
ShareThis, Inc.Privacy Policy
N Technologies Inc.Privacy Policy
Madison Logic, Inc.Privacy Policy
SirdataPrivacy Policy
OpenXPrivacy Policy
GroupMPrivacy Policy
Justpremium BVPrivacy Policy
Intent Media, Inc.Privacy Policy
Vdopia DBA Chocolate PlatformPrivacy Policy
RhythmOne, LLCPrivacy Policy
Sharethrough, IncPrivacy Policy
PulsePoint, Inc.Privacy Policy
Amobee, Inc. Privacy Policy
M32 Media IncPrivacy Policy
Greenhouse Group BV (with its trademark LemonPI)Privacy Policy
GumGum, Inc.Privacy Policy
Active Agent AGPrivacy Policy
PubMatic, Inc.Privacy Policy
Tapad, Inc. Privacy Policy
Skimbit LtdPrivacy Policy
adsquare GmbHPrivacy Policy
Impression Desk Technologies LimitedPrivacy Policy
AdverlinePrivacy Policy
affilinetPrivacy Policy
Smaato, Inc.Privacy Policy
Rakuten Marketing LLCPrivacy Policy
Yieldlab AGPrivacy Policy
Adform A/SPrivacy Policy
NetSuccess, s.r.o.Privacy Policy
Fifty Technology LimitedPrivacy Policy
The Trade Desk, Inc and affiliated companiesPrivacy Policy
Hottraffic BV (DMA Institute)Privacy Policy
Taboola Europe LimitedPrivacy Policy
Maytrics GmbHPrivacy Policy
comScore, Inc.Privacy Policy
LoopMe LtdPrivacy Policy
Eyeota Ptd LtdPrivacy Policy
Adloox SAPrivacy Policy
Teads Privacy Policy
admetrics GmbHPrivacy Policy
SlimCut Media SASPrivacy Policy
Rich AudiencePrivacy Policy
Widespace ABPrivacy Policy
Sizmek Technologies, Inc. Privacy Policy
Avid Media LtdPrivacy Policy
LiveRamp, Inc.Privacy Policy
Admotion SRLPrivacy Policy
ConnectAd Realtime GmbHPrivacy Policy
Lotame Solutions, Inc.Privacy Policy
Nano Interactive GmbHPrivacy Policy
PIXIMEDIA SASPrivacy Policy
Ströer SSP GmbHPrivacy Policy
ShowHeroes GmbHPrivacy Policy
Confiant Inc.Privacy Policy
Teemo SAPrivacy Policy
YOC AGPrivacy Policy
Beemray OyPrivacy Policy
MiQPrivacy Policy
ADman Interactive SLPrivacy Policy
Admedo LtdPrivacy Policy
MADVERTISE MEDIAPrivacy Policy
Underdog Media LLC Privacy Policy
Seedtag Advertising S.LPrivacy Policy
Snapsort Inc., operating as SortablePrivacy Policy
ID5 Technology SASPrivacy Policy
Reveal Mobile, IncPrivacy Policy
One Person Health, Inc. (DBA Adacado)Privacy Policy
AdRoll IncPrivacy Policy
IPONWEB GmbHPrivacy Policy
BIDSWITCH GmbHPrivacy Policy
EASYmedia GmbHPrivacy Policy
Outbrain UK LtdPrivacy Policy
district m inc.Privacy Policy
Bombora Inc.Privacy Policy
Yieldmo, Inc.Privacy Policy
TreSensa, Inc.Privacy Policy
Flashtalking, Inc.Privacy Policy
Sift Media, IncPrivacy Policy
Sublime SkinzPrivacy Policy
FORTVISIONPrivacy Policy
digitalAudiencePrivacy Policy
Adkernel LLCPrivacy Policy
Thirdpresence OyPrivacy Policy
EMX Digital LLCPrivacy Policy
33AcrossPrivacy Policy
Platform161Privacy Policy
Teroa S.A.Privacy Policy
1020, Inc. dba Placecast and Ericsson EmodoPrivacy Policy
Media.net Advertising FZ-LLCPrivacy Policy
Delta Projects ABPrivacy Policy
advanced store GmbHPrivacy Policy
Switch Concepts LimitedPrivacy Policy
video intelligence AGPrivacy Policy
Semasio GmbHPrivacy Policy
Location Sciences AI LtdPrivacy Policy
Zemanta, Inc.Privacy Policy
Tapjoy, Inc.Privacy Policy
Sellpoints Inc.Privacy Policy
2KDirect, Inc. (dba iPromote)Privacy Policy
Centro, Inc.Privacy Policy
Rezonence LimitedPrivacy Policy
Publicis Media GmbHPrivacy Policy
SYNCPrivacy Policy
ORTEC B.V.Privacy Policy
Ligatus GmbHPrivacy Policy
Adssets ABPrivacy Policy
Collective Europe Ltd.Privacy Policy
Ogury Ltd.Privacy Policy
1plusX AGPrivacy Policy
AntVoicePrivacy Policy
smartclip Holding AGPrivacy Policy
DoubleVerify Inc.​Privacy Policy
Mediasmart Mobile S.L.Privacy Policy
IgnitionOnePrivacy Policy
emetriq GmbHPrivacy Policy
Leadplace - TemelioPrivacy Policy
adrule GmbHPrivacy Policy
A Million Ads LimitedPrivacy Policy
remerge GmbHPrivacy Policy
Rockerbox, IncPrivacy Policy
Bounce Exchange, IncPrivacy Policy
ZebestofPrivacy Policy
Smartology LimitedPrivacy Policy
OneTag LtdPrivacy Policy
LiquidM Technology GmbHPrivacy Policy
ARMIS SASPrivacy Policy
Audiens S.r.l.Privacy Policy
7Hops.com Inc. (ZergNet)Privacy Policy
Bucksense IncPrivacy Policy
Bidtellect, IncPrivacy Policy
Adello Group AGPrivacy Policy
RTK.IO, IncPrivacy Policy
SpotadPrivacy Policy
AdTheorent, IncPrivacy Policy
Digitize New Media LtdPrivacy Policy
Bannerflow ABPrivacy Policy
Sonobi, IncPrivacy Policy
Unruly Group LtdPrivacy Policy
Spolecznosci Sp. z o.o. Sp. k.Privacy Policy
iotec global Ltd.Privacy Policy
Research Now Group, IncPrivacy Policy
Goodway Group, Inc.Privacy Policy
Netsprint SAPrivacy Policy
Intowow Innovation Ltd.Privacy Policy
Mirando GmbH & Co KGPrivacy Policy
Sanoma Media FinlandPrivacy Policy
Viralize SRLPrivacy Policy
Genius Sports Media LimitedPrivacy Policy
Collective, Inc. dba VistoPrivacy Policy
Onnetwork Sp. z o.o.Privacy Policy
Revcontent, LLCPrivacy Policy
RockYou, Inc.Privacy Policy
LKQD, a division of Nexstar Digital, LLC.Privacy Policy
Golden BeesPrivacy Policy
Spot.IM Ltd.Privacy Policy
Triton Digital Canada Inc.Privacy Policy
plista GmbHPrivacy Policy
TimeOnePrivacy Policy
Inskin Media LTDPrivacy Policy
Jaduda GmbHPrivacy Policy
Converge-DigitalPrivacy Policy
Smadex SLPrivacy Policy
Comcast International France SASPrivacy Policy
McCann Discipline LTDPrivacy Policy
AdClear GmbHPrivacy Policy
Codewise Sp. z o.o. Sp. kPrivacy Policy
ADYOULIKE SAPrivacy Policy
mobalo GmbHPrivacy Policy
A.MobPrivacy Policy
Steel House, Inc.Privacy Policy
Improve Digital International BVPrivacy Policy
On Device Research LimitedPrivacy Policy
KeymanticsPrivacy Policy
R-TARGETPrivacy Policy
mainADV SrlPrivacy Policy
Integral Ad Science, Inc.Privacy Policy
QwertizePrivacy Policy
Sojern, Inc.Privacy Policy
Celtra, Inc.Privacy Policy
SpotXPrivacy Policy
ADMAN - Phaistos Networks, S.A.Privacy Policy
SMARTSTREAM.TV GmbHPrivacy Policy
Knorex Pte LtdPrivacy Policy
GamnedPrivacy Policy
Accorp Sp. z o.o.Privacy Policy
ADUXPrivacy Policy
PowerLinks Media LimitedPrivacy Policy
Jivox CorpPrivacy Policy
Connatix Native Exchange Inc.Privacy Policy
Polar Mobile Group Inc.Privacy Policy
Clipcentric, Inc.Privacy Policy
Readpeak OyPrivacy Policy
Perform Media Services LtdPrivacy Policy
S4MPrivacy Policy
Mobile Professionals BVPrivacy Policy
usemax advertisement (Emego GmbH)Privacy Policy
Adobe Advertising CloudPrivacy Policy
Videology Ltd.Privacy Policy
The ADEX GmbHPrivacy Policy
Welect GmbHPrivacy Policy
StackAdaptPrivacy Policy
WEBORAMAPrivacy Policy
Liveintent Inc.Privacy Policy
DigiTrust / IAB Tech LabPrivacy Policy
zeotap GmbHPrivacy Policy
TabMo SASPrivacy Policy
Schibsted Classified Media Spain, S.L.Privacy Policy
Permodo GmbHPrivacy Policy
AdTiming Technology Company LimitedPrivacy Policy
Fyber Privacy Policy
ad6mediaPrivacy Policy
The Kantar Group LimitedPrivacy Policy
Rockabox Media LtdPrivacy Policy
Marfeel Solutions S.LPrivacy Policy
InMobi Pte LtdPrivacy Policy
Telaria, IncPrivacy Policy
Gemius SAPrivacy Policy
WizalyPrivacy Policy
Apester LtdPrivacy Policy
Adelphic LLCPrivacy Policy
Aerserv LLCPrivacy Policy
Instinctive, Inc.Privacy Policy
Optomaton UGPrivacy Policy
Video Media Groep B.V.Privacy Policy
Digilant Spain, SLUPrivacy Policy
VublePrivacy Policy
Orion SemanticsPrivacy Policy
Signal Digital Inc.Privacy Policy
Visarity Technologies GmbHPrivacy Policy
DIGITEKA TechnologiesPrivacy Policy
LinicomPrivacy Policy
Acuityads Inc.Privacy Policy
Mindlytix SASPrivacy Policy
Permutive, Inc.Privacy Policy
Onlysix LimitedPrivacy Policy
Matomy Media Ltd.Privacy Policy
MGID Inc.Privacy Policy
Meetrics GmbHPrivacy Policy
Yieldlove GmbHPrivacy Policy
Seeding Alliance GmbHPrivacy Policy
My6sense Inc.Privacy Policy
Ezoic Inc.Privacy Policy
Bigabid Media LtdPrivacy Policy
Free Stream Media Corp. dba Samba TVPrivacy Policy
Samba TV UK LimitedPrivacy Policy
Somo Audience CorpPrivacy Policy
realzeit GmbHPrivacy Policy
Vidoomy Media SLPrivacy Policy
communicationAds GmbH & Co. KGPrivacy Policy
Getintent USA, inc.Privacy Policy
mediarithmics SASPrivacy Policy
VECTAURYPrivacy Policy
Nielsen Marketing CloudPrivacy Policy
Digital Control GmbH & Co. KGPrivacy Policy
1000mercisPrivacy Policy
QriouslyPrivacy Policy
Audience Trading Platform Ltd.Privacy Policy
Pixalate, Inc.Privacy Policy
Triapodi Ltd.Privacy Policy
Exactag GmbHPrivacy Policy
Affectv LtdPrivacy Policy
AddApptr GmbHPrivacy Policy
The Reach Group GmbHPrivacy Policy
Hybrid Adtech GmbHPrivacy Policy
Mobusi Mobile Advertising S.L.Privacy Policy
OraclePrivacy Policy
Duplo Media ASPrivacy Policy
twiago GmbHPrivacy Policy
Pocketmath Pte LtdPrivacy Policy
EffiliationPrivacy Policy
Eulerian TechnologiesPrivacy Policy
Seenergy Netherlands B.V.Privacy Policy
Whenever Media LtdPrivacy Policy
WebediaPrivacy Policy
Yormedia Solutions LtdPrivacy Policy
Seenthis ABPrivacy Policy
Nativo, Inc.Privacy Policy
Browsi Mobile LtdPrivacy Policy
Parsec Media Inc.Privacy Policy
Bidmanagement GmbHPrivacy Policy
SK Media Group, LLCPrivacy Policy
Brand Metrics Sweden ABPrivacy Policy
LeftsnRight, Inc. dba LIQWIDPrivacy Policy
TradeTrackerPrivacy Policy
AudienceProject ApsPrivacy Policy
Avazu Inc.Privacy Policy
Cloud Technologies S.A.Privacy Policy
dunnhumby Germany GmbHPrivacy Policy
IgnitionAi LtdPrivacy Policy
Commanders ActPrivacy Policy
DynAdmicPrivacy Policy
SINGLESPOT SAS Privacy Policy
Arrivalist Co.Privacy Policy
Ziff Davis LLCPrivacy Policy
INVIBES GROUPPrivacy Policy
R-AdvertisingPrivacy Policy
Myntelligence LimitedPrivacy Policy
PROXISTOREPrivacy Policy
Mobile Journey B.V.Privacy Policy
Tradedoubler ABPrivacy Policy
SignalsPrivacy Policy
Beachfront Media LLCPrivacy Policy
Publishers Internationale Pty LtdPrivacy Policy
Proxi.cloud Sp. z o.o.Privacy Policy
Bmind a Sales Maker Company, S.L.Privacy Policy
Ooyala IncPrivacy Policy
Neodata Group srlPrivacy Policy
Innovid Inc.Privacy Policy
Playbuzz Ltd. Privacy Policy
Cxense ASAPrivacy Policy
AdimoPrivacy Policy
SpringServe, LLCPrivacy Policy
GDMServices, Inc. d/b/a FiksuDSPPrivacy Policy
Cuebiq Inc.Privacy Policy
travel audience GmbHPrivacy Policy
Demandbase, Inc. Privacy Policy
SolocalPrivacy Policy
ADRINO Sp. z o.o.Privacy Policy
Forensiq LLCPrivacy Policy
Adludio LtdPrivacy Policy
Adtelligent Inc.Privacy Policy
mbr targeting GmbHPrivacy Policy
PREX Programmatic Exchange GmbH&Co KGPrivacy Policy
bidstack ltdPrivacy Policy
TACTIC™ Real-Time Marketing ASPrivacy Policy
Yieldr UKPrivacy Policy
White Ops, Inc.Privacy Policy
uppr GmbHPrivacy Policy
Telecoming S.A.Privacy Policy
Ad Unity LtdPrivacy Policy
Cybba, Inc.Privacy Policy
Zeta GlobalPrivacy Policy
DEFINE MEDIA GMBHPrivacy Policy
RevX Inc.Privacy Policy
AdElement Media Solutions Pvt LtdPrivacy Policy
Social Tokens Ltd. Privacy Policy
TAPTAP Networks SLPrivacy Policy
hbfsTechPrivacy Policy
TARGETSPOT BELGIUM SPRLPrivacy Policy
Internet BillBoard a.s.Privacy Policy
B2B Media Group EMEA GmbHPrivacy Policy
HIRO Media LtdPrivacy Policy
pilotx.tvPrivacy Policy
CerebroAd.com s.r.o.Privacy Policy
Ströer Mobile Performance GmbHPrivacy Policy
LEMO MEDIA GROUP LIMITEDPrivacy Policy
Totaljobs Group Ltd Privacy Policy
MadingtonPrivacy Policy
Neustar, Inc.Privacy Policy
AdColony, Inc.Privacy Policy
RevLifter LtdPrivacy Policy
YellowHammer Media GroupPrivacy Policy
adledgePrivacy Policy
Clicksco Digital LimitedPrivacy Policy
Arcspire LimitedPrivacy Policy
Automattic Inc.Privacy Policy
KUPONA GmbHPrivacy Policy
FM Labs LLCPrivacy Policy
Sub2 Technologies LtdPrivacy Policy
Haensel AMS GmbHPrivacy Policy
Opinary GmbHPrivacy Policy
PLAYGROUND XYZ EMEA LTDPrivacy Policy
Oracle AddThisPrivacy Policy
Triboo Data AnalyticsPrivacy Policy
PurposeLab, LLCPrivacy Policy
TurboPrivacy Policy
NEXDPrivacy Policy
Schibsted Product and Tech UKPrivacy Policy
Little Big Data sp.z.o.o.Privacy Policy
LotaData, Inc.Privacy Policy
Lucid Holdings, LLCPrivacy Policy
PubNative GmbHPrivacy Policy
FlexOffers.com, LLCPrivacy Policy
Cablato LimitedPrivacy Policy
Pexi B.V.Privacy Policy
AdsWizz Inc.Privacy Policy
UberMedia, Inc.Privacy Policy
Shopalyst IncPrivacy Policy
SunMedia Privacy Policy
Accelerize Inc.Privacy Policy
Admixer EU GmbHPrivacy Policy
INFINIA MOBILE S.L.Privacy Policy
ShopstylePrivacy Policy
ATG Ad Tech Group GmbHPrivacy Policy
netzeffekt GmbHPrivacy Policy
nugg.ad GmbHPrivacy Policy
ZighZagPrivacy Policy
ChannelSight Privacy Policy
The Ozone Project LimitedPrivacy Policy
FidzupPrivacy Policy
AppLift GmbHPrivacy Policy
Jampp LTDPrivacy Policy
salesforce.com, inc.Privacy Policy
SmartyAds Inc.Privacy Policy
INNITYPrivacy Policy
Uprival LLCPrivacy Policy
Tealium IncPrivacy Policy
Near Pte LtdPrivacy Policy
AdDefend GmbHPrivacy Policy
Alliance Gravity Data MediaPrivacy Policy
ChargeadsPrivacy Policy
X-Mode Social, Inc.Privacy Policy
RUN, Inc.Privacy Policy
Smartclip Hispania SLPrivacy Policy
GlobalWebIndexPrivacy Policy
Densou Trading Desk ApSPrivacy Policy
PUB OCEAN LIMITEDPrivacy Policy
Kochava Inc.Privacy Policy
PaperG, Inc. dba Thunder IndustriesPrivacy Policy
CydersoftPrivacy Policy
Illuma Technology LimitedPrivacy Policy
Tunnl BVPrivacy Policy
Video ReachPrivacy Policy
Smart TraffikPrivacy Policy
DeepIntent, Inc.Privacy Policy
ReigNN Platform Ltd.Privacy Policy
Bit Q Holdings LimitedPrivacy Policy
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

felter
xr

Post by felter » Thu, 22. Nov 18, 20:44

And then they wonder why we use things like adblock.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Thu, 22. Nov 18, 21:48

Oh dear... more reviews in:

Gamespot give it 4/10 - https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/fallou ... 0-6417040/
IGN give it 5/10 - https://m.au.ign.com/articles/2018/11/2 ... -76-review
Giantbomb are refusing to review it - https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status/10 ... 5136191488

Seems certain outlets are giving hefty discounts on the game already. Quite glad I gave this a wide berth!

EDIT: Someone has made a brilliant mash up trailer for 76 with review comments - https://youtu.be/oyT00Dffqcw :D
Last edited by Tycow on Thu, 22. Nov 18, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Thu, 22. Nov 18, 22:21

Guess SP player can rejoice, usually when an MMO flop, the company don't try again.

Maybe the next Eldrescroll will come sooner as a result ... :D

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Fri, 23. Nov 18, 00:33

I just bought Kenshi. It has some of the same vibe (ie a cross between M&B, X3 and Fallout / Wastelands / Conan survival with a health RPG wrapper and an unknown / explored world).

Cost a tenner. And it works. Bit rough around the edges but a hell of a lot more polished than Rebirth was on release (or 76 sounds like).

I think there's a thread in OT about knocking around somewhere {shudders at the thought of invoking necro gods}.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

felter
xr

Post by felter » Fri, 23. Nov 18, 05:31

Reading some of the reviews shows just how bad some are at giving a review score. If you take the highest scoring reviews on Metacritic you get:
Gamersky (PC) wrote:
Review score = 76/100

Exploring is still the most interesting part in Fallout 76, but your adventure tour is limited by empty open-world, and outdated graphics performance. It is more like an MMO mod of Fallout 4, rather than a brand-new work.
Cheat Code Central (PS4) wrote:
Review score = 74/100

Bethesda claims that the Fallout 76 servers will last “forever” and, while it may not take that long to patch bugs and improve the experience, my foray with the launch version has left me with an abundance of bullet points that need attention. My biggest hope is that Bethesda will take our suggestions and criticisms as a call to action to tweak the faulty mechanics and build more features into a game that has a ton of potential.
SomosXbox (Xbox1) wrote:
Review score = 80/100

Fallout 76 takes a brave step forward in a risky multiplayer proposal, but due to its unclear intentions and a poor performance overall it will need time and effort to please its fans.
While it is only snippets of the full reviews, how can you say any of those things and give it a highish review score at the same time, they both don't add up together.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Sat, 24. Nov 18, 01:13

I'm happy I skipped this one. I wish Bethesda would release patches like Egosoft does.
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Sat, 24. Nov 18, 02:04

notaterran wrote:
Sat, 24. Nov 18, 01:13
I'm happy I skipped this one. I wish Bethesda would release patches like Egosoft does.
Let's not put Egosoft on any pedestals for playable release quality though. Both companies release games in completely unacceptable states.

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Sat, 24. Nov 18, 02:25

Rebirth was a mess, I agree, that's why I specifically referred to patches. Bethesda abandon their games with some rather awful bugs in them. I marvel at how much work modders have put into their games (Tale of Two Wastelands is a very good example).
-Skinny women look good in clothes, fit women look good naked.

Antilogic
x3tc

Post by Antilogic » Sat, 24. Nov 18, 02:29

Rebirth not an exception for Egosoft unfortantly. I'm not buying X4, one of the minor reasons is the awful launch state of their games.

But yeah, Bethesda are pretty poor as well. Wish they would just give Fallout over to Obsidian and be done.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 24. Nov 18, 03:23

Antilogic wrote:
Sat, 24. Nov 18, 02:04
Let's not put Egosoft on any pedestals for playable release quality though. Both companies release games in completely unacceptable states.
I don't think anybody was putting Egosoft on a pedestal for launch day state of their games? What they're praising Egosoft for is actually patching their games to fix the launch problems, something Bethesda often doesn't do--see the aforementioned conversation about there being the same game-breaking bugs in Skyrim Special Edition as there was in its original release five years earlier!

Heck, even Rebirth was patched into a playable state--my personal problems with the game relate to its fundamental design, mind you, which no amount of patching can fix. Will buy X4 if the reviews are good and it sounds like my sort of game again.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 24. Nov 18, 05:22

I will be buying X4.

I won't be able to play it, yet, and I am aware that Egosoft may have their own rep for Day 1 releases.

But, I am also aware that Egosoft fixes their stuff. :)

Bethesda, on the other hand, is quite happy to keep slapping a new coat of paint on a dead horse and insist that it is a "patch."

Return to “Off Topic English”