Winter/Christmas Sales

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Winter/Christmas Sales

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 12:04

Thanks, ATTACK_HAMSTER!

I might get it as a belated Christmas gift for a friend of mine. (And for myself, too. ;) ) "Multiplayer" plays a bit differently for remote co-op, but it's not much different than say something like Neverwinter Nights was, IIRC. Either way, it looks like a great RPG!

I picked up the Skyrim-remastered+Fallout4 bundle on XBox, with all the DLC for both for $40 on sale, if anyone interested doesn't already have those. (I had Skyrim on PC, just not on Xbone.) Not a great price, considering, but I wanted them in my console library. Uh... I just remembered - I had Skyrim on PS4 already, I think. /shrug

Thanks for the great report!

felter
xr

Post by felter » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 16:12

I have to ask, who got the cat and did you manage to save it.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 07:55

felter wrote:
Mon, 31. Dec 18, 16:12
I have to ask, who got the cat and did you manage to save it.
Divinity 2?

I had it and saved it, couple times or so.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 14:17

I saved that cat once, but frankly it's not really worth the effort--the standard summon (Incarnate) you get as a summoner is simply better in pretty much every way, because you can summon it with any elemental power available on the battlefield and it has both physical and magic armour, which the cat does not.

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 16:36

I am near the end of the game (finally!), the Incarnate, especially with source, is by far the strongest summon. (My main character is maxed out summoner)

None of the other in game match it.

The cat can be good for a tank or bruiser character that suffers mobility.
Gimli wrote:Let the Orcs come as thick as summer-moths round a candle!

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 17:51

Picked up Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen. It's a pretty good game so far. It has a steep learning curve. The respawn system is a bit annoying. It's something like Dragons Age Origins.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 21:08

burger1 wrote:
Thu, 17. Jan 19, 17:51
Picked up Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen. It's a pretty good game so far. It has a steep learning curve. The respawn system is a bit annoying. It's something like Dragons Age Origins.
It really isn't? Dragon Age: Origins was a tactical battle RPG where you had to give orders to all your party members, whereas Dragon's Dogma only has one character you're controlling plus one companion--it's more like Skyrim. Also, I found the game fun for the first half, but then a major event happens which you'd think ends the game, but it doesn't, it just makes it twice as difficult--and it wasn't particularly easy to start with!

Return to “Off Topic English”